The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I like the Cinematic Story it was better than I thought.
    "you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,550
    I'm pretty sure Hawkingbird jumped on the Karin bandwagon to cope with what they did to Alex; it's the other way Alex mains deal with the suffering (type A is Citrus Monkey).

Giving him and Laura fights against Zangief and Mika at that ring would have been infinitely cooler than an offscreen fight which was likely interrupted anyway. It would have also given Alex, Laura, and Mika each a second battle participation. They're even wearing their damn tag costumes! I think there was originally a fight there but it was scrapped. In fact, I think there were several scrapped fights which would have added to the story.

I don't Alex is terrible at all. I believe he is a solid mid-tier character. I feel him being bad is overly exaggerated and he doesn't struggle against most of the high tier characters in the game imo.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,163
    I'm pretty sure Hawkingbird jumped on the Karin bandwagon to cope with what they did to Alex; it's the other way Alex mains deal with the suffering (type A is Citrus Monkey).

Giving him and Laura fights against Zangief and Mika at that ring would have been infinitely cooler than an offscreen fight which was likely interrupted anyway. It would have also given Alex, Laura, and Mika each a second battle participation. They're even wearing their damn tag costumes! I think there was originally a fight there but it was scrapped. In fact, I think there were several scrapped fights which would have added to the story.

I don't Alex is terrible at all. I believe he is a solid mid-tier character. I feel him being bad is overly exaggerated and he doesn't struggle against most of the high tier characters in the game imo.

I meant in the cinematic, but feel free to defend your "solid mid-tier" character. The fact you automatically thought I was referring to game balance tells me everything I need to know about where Alex sits. "Thou doth protest too much".
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I enjoyed the story, was great fun running through the entire game and I'm not going to lie...seeing Chun Li in the storyline, My Goodness is she Gorgeous. She's always been my favorite female SF but in SF:V with the storyline and all, she just looks freaking amazing especially with angles that you usually wouldn't get with just the fighting mode.

Gief Had me Reeling multiple times and to see the Murasame break on his Chest was Gold, not to mention after his dispatched Abel and in the background you could see him flexing from one pose to another...lol.

My Boy Ryu is on pace to becoming a Super Saiyan God, book it.

Honestly, my only real complaint was the annoying hair and clothing going through the bodies of the character...I found that incredibly distracting, especially when Balrog grabbed the little chess piece and you could see globs going through it, or when Laura was moving around and her hair just kept on clipping through her body...GAH...Please Fix This Capcom!!!

Another part, which I'm sure someone may have already posted was that I wanted to know what the other characters were doing Post-Dictator Victory. Also now that the story at least up to here has been concluded, how will the other Season 2 DLC Characters fall into the storyline?

Will we get a Post-Dictator Storyline w/ Season 2 at least in a small way? Will the other DLC Characters simply only have a small play in the background, or will they simply just be addons and nothing more?

After completing SF:V storyline, I'm super antsy to see what will take place in SF:VI Post-SFIII now...my goodness that's going to be a long ways away.
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,708
    edited July 2016
    Daemos wrote: »
    This already happened in SF2 with Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Guile, and Chun-Li facing Bison. There is no point in it happening it again when clearly they only barely could stop that Bison.
    No point besides, you know, actually showing it this time. Since SF2 never did.
    MrPyro wrote: »
    No no, I mean why she never emerges victorious.
    Because Vega is the shit.
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,067
    Still didn't exactly answer the question I'd asked about the technical details involved in that scene. I'll have to rewatch that part and see, but I sincerely hope it's models and not pre-rendered. I was just hoping the dataminers had had a look through the whole story update and could give an answer.
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
  • azngoukiazngouki Joined: Posts: 27
    Wow this story mode is just terrible. Visually it looks really poor quality with tons of texture clipping. It's like they just said "F it" to collision detection. I can't understand how this is almost 8GB. The storyboard is just as bad if not worst than the graphics and presentation. I think this is really unfortunate for Capcom and Sony that funded this. As much as I love street fighter (own all the games and all the comics), it really doesn't feel like the team that worked on this game has any passion. Yeah this is supposed to be a competitive game and story isn't the main point. BUT, look at games like mortal kombat, guilty gear, blazblu etc. Wicked graphics and awesome story modes. There really isn't an excuse by todays standards.
    Seriously who would ok this for release. It's so freaking choppy and so many breaks into loading. After the first couple minutes, I had a bad taste in my mouth.
  • ScotiaScotia There's a good chance I hate your favourite character Joined: Posts: 336
    Tiberious wrote: »
    So, speaking of the ol' dual-hued OP boss of SF3, is the ending of the story mode still using the in-game engine, or was that a movie file? I really hope it's the former, since it means there's a Gill model in the game now (yep, I'm hoping for a playable version in this game, since they already have Urien).

There's a model of Gill in the game. Someone found it just before the story mode went up.
    "If I lose today, I can still win tomorrow. -Sean Matsuda

Mains

SF3
    Sean
    Alex
    Ken

SFV
    Ken
    Alex
    Ed

"We await your return, warrior..."
  • MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 167
    Man, people really hate the clipping to the point where it's a huge criticism of the story. I guess I'm just lucky, the fucking crazy physics and clipping just made me laugh.
  • KINGKING あなたの母親の膣 Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I know this is a dumb question, but where is "Extra Mode" found? I finished Normal Mode and got the 30k FM...looking to do Extra Mode now...
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
  • MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 167
    What you do is go into story mode, and choose any scene. You'll be prompted with "normal" or "extra." If you want the extra fm, all you need to do is go to all the scenes in which you fight and beat them in extra.
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,980
    I thought the story was pretty cool. Stuff doesn't make sense and clipping is ugly + some cringe but oh well.

I like that some "nice" characters get their asses kicked (Vega vs Cammy). I thought Vega was really awesome and charismatic in a scary way in this, which was a bit killed by his hair doing crazy shit. Actually the whole Shadaloo "kings" were pretty dope.
    The nice guys tho, a lot of them are useless. Including my boy Ken who doesn't do much.

I think it's fine and I assume it's just the first part? Because at the end so much stuff is missing.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,550

I meant in the cinematic, but feel free to defend your "solid mid-tier" character. The fact you automatically thought I was referring to game balance tells me everything I need to know about where Alex sits. "Thou doth protest too much".

@Scotia already covered how badly Alex got shifted and I completely agree. No need for me to repeat. I'm not hurt too badly by it as Alex is one of those characters who I care more about being playable than having any narrative importance.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,578
    Kind of off-subject, what happened toearlier hot Ryu being story-related or the explanation for Bison's white hair?

I mean, I figure Ryu's alt represents his training, and I'm sure Bison's body is simply wearing thin as he uses more Psycho Power.

i was thinking that also and posted earlier but expecting it from storymode expansion like the bison battle damage costume to appear

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,427

Agree but at the same time i'm kinda glad that fight is'nt happened, because Capcom will have likely made you play Alex to use Gief (one more time in history) as somebody's jobber loser, instead his awesome SFV best-big-wrestler-evah vibe

Will have liked only if Gief beat him to show World Warriors level is no joke (Alex is still at beginning, and after all even in SF3 Ryu spank his ass easily)

See a new (if SF3 is new) cool char trash a legendary SF2er no thanks

Btw i think fight did cut because wrestling ring stage is'nt ready
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    I came up with this just for fun the Gief-O Meter. not serious this is just for fun.

1 muscle power god ( you tank punches and eat steel for breakfast)

2 tank

3 body of steel

4 Body of Iron

5 tougher than a Grizzly

6 as tough as a Tiger

7 somewhat tough

8 tough

9 normal

10 as fragile as baby ( Mel can beat you up )
    "you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,427
    So I got to thinking about the next possible cinematic and someone ( @Shockdingo I believe) brought up the resurgence of Mad Gear in the wake of the NY attack. This could be a really good idea if done right, but I need the following characters:
    -cut-

It's actually a good idea, only tweak i will do is that Illuminati are the ones pushing Mad Gear

Illuminati are an old world (europe, Russia, north africa and probably middle east) power, will be fun see them resurrect the remains of Mad Gear gang to control America after Bison's fall

As for characters

-Cody and Haggar are imho safe bet.
    Cody is a super fan fav, Haggar has been long requested, and never been in a SF.
    Also as Major he will feel his duty to step in.

-Guy may appear later with Rose (Bison return?), like a season later

-As Mad Gear they can get creative, they need a new Belger (or we will get Cyborg Belger? I will be ok with it)
    Sodom feel like a safe bet

-Retu will feel good as SF character, he will feel like an evil Honda and SFV don't have Honda

-An hopefully heavy-redesigned Philippe may have a chance, they said in SF4 a Clown character almost did it

-I liked Dino/Blades too, but i doubt Streetwise will be considered

-DamnD and Edi E are possibilities too

-Irrc Rolento, Poison and Hugo are no more MDG material. Btw they may pick "another Hugo" from his big family
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,963
    No no, I mean why she never emerges victorious.

She's never been able to beat Vega. He's the one that scarred her face. He's also the one that dropped her off at MI6. In his own twisted way he seems to care about her. Maybe she reminds him of his mother?
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,028
    edited July 2016
    Cestus wrote: »
    2- Keep reading this, keep feel is false.
    Put in very basic way Ryu is the ultimate weapon of team good guys.
    Using anything else but the ultimate weapon to defeat Bison, will greatly downgrade Bison as final boss.

In my opinion, having Bison beat by an uninteresting individual with no developed motivation against him downgrades him more than having him beat by a super-motivated hero in a climated battle. :coffee:

The way Ryu beats Bison is "Bitch, please, I'm the hero and I don't even care much about you". That's much more insulting than losing to a pumped up Guile/Chun Li...
  • I<iShiDoI<iShiDo MVP Joined: Posts: 161
    OK I will make a small summary...

The story was betre as expected but still there is a lot to improve and some really weak scenes... As example the Guile/Charlie interaction or Necalli

What is really strange... Karin is like a new Batman and everyone of the adults are honoring her skills like they are equal in standing. That let you ask what about Sakura? This brings me to the point... Bring back the BEST FIGHTERS... OK so even if not all are playable... Where has the likes as Guy, Cody (OK in prison), Sagat and Co have been? Hell Rose is would be perfect in this story...

Now I will try to ask some questions about the story itself.
    - Still do not get who Ed is
    - What does Sean have meant that Laura isn't using Matsusa fighting style anymore... And does he? Laura simply said he is still too weak
    - So who was the friend of Rashid?
    - Kilin = Helen confirmed?
    - They said they gathered all pins... But hasn't been one used at the beginning by F.A.N.G to destroy New York?
    - Biggest question is Decapre... Who did she call BIG SISTER and why she even look like Cammy. Cammy is a clone while the other dolls have been brainwashed real women.

• Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,173
    good story, solid tone, a couple of cheesy parts but it was to be expected
    so seth was just a clone of gill after all, this meant bison knew about gill and vice versa
    fang could still be alive, I mean he fell off a platform and still lived, probably used marz to cushion his fall
    rashid being the main character is godlike
    I dont like how laura was portrayed, dumb as fuck
    glad the dolls are free and decapre is normal
    r.i.p Nash he was edgy as fuq
    Juri's feet
    I wonder what Urien's role will turn out
    good to see this is how ken met sean or maybe he was tired of his sister fucking up the family name and decided to train
    we see moscow so we might get the birth of tweleve and necro

do anyone have the list of the dolls special moves, some of them looked more complete than others (having more unique moves, target combos)
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,173
    edited July 2016
    @l<iShiDo

- Ed was the kid boxer saved in SF4
    - Laura is reckless, so she wasn't using the family style correctly
    - the scientist fang kills in the begining (people thought it was fuerte first because of the shadoloo cafeteria angle shot)
    - yes, she is gill's assistant
    - all the pieces were gathered again, the same piece is shown in a cutscene
    - decapre and cammy are sisters, cammy is a clone of decapre but decapre was captured by bison

Nash was suppose to kill bison for gill
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 750
    I thought the battle costumes for Ryu and Bison would be used for the last battle. We need a second one with more focus on some characters that were useless here, but still it was fun to play.
    All the salt produced by Karin lol, can't wait for my girl Sakura to do even better than her if there's a second Cinematic story.
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 666
    Finished story mode, overall it was OK. Points below:
    Good
    -The use of the dolls were great, surprised each had their own abilities
    -The different, changing factions of fighters throughout the story
    -MUSCLE POWER
    -Appearances of Juri and Urien

Bad
    -The one-off appearances of characters such as Alex
    -Chun Li and Cammy getting stomped throughout the story
    -Juri feels incomplete

Why?
    -Necalli aka the most random FG villain. The lone villain is fine if you do it right, but a random goo pile that is basically filler throughout the story is not worth including. Indicates either there is no plans to make him a serious character or there is no plans to use him after SFV.

I understand why the story mode was necessary in order to connect the dots enough to set up SF3, though I still hope for an arcade mode somewhere down the road.
    Shadow Ace wrote: »
    @l<iShiDo

- the scientist fang kills in the begining (people thought it was fuerte first because of the shadoloo cafeteria angle shot)
    - decapre and cammy are sisters, cammy is a clone of decapre but decapre was captured by bison

I know he is that kid but what or who is he

Still strange... Still does Sean know some stuff as well?

ok thanks for Kolin

Have missed the pieces... How did they got the one from FANG?

If Cammy was the clone why Decapre called her big sister

And what about power of nothingness and such... Still do not get what Rui has done at the Necalli scene

• mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,028
    edited July 2016
    1- That's sound like your opinion

It would be my opinion if Ryu did things through the story and I didn't like them. Problem is, he does nothing, so, it's not my opinion.

2- like help his friends at save the world, being the only able to do it (wich is exactly the meaning of his new power, protect instead destroy)

Not comparable to a personal grudge.

3- More than being beated by fking Guile who was'nt even able to defeat Claw?
    Lol it will be i-don't-give-fucks-about-tiers all over again like Alex/Gill (wich i hope will be confirmed be just Gill lose on purpose as usual)
    It will make Bison's power a lie, and Bison deserved better as farewell (even if Bison will return mwhahahah)

Climatic battle power-up. Besides, he didn't even "lose" to Claw.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,937
    I feel like Mika's involvement with "infiltrating" shadaloo was kind of lame though. Ibuki should have led a group of ninjas to clear the way. Besides that I thought the story was well done and I enjoyed it. There are some things you just have to not question(how they travel from stage to stage).

I don't understand the Helen/Kolin thing, anyone care to explain?
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I<iShiDo wrote: »
    @l<iShiDo

ok thanks for Kolin

The little kid is a clone human incubator like Abel and Seth but very young. He also inherited the gene that allows him to directly manipulate Psycho Power. He was supposed to be a spare vessel for Bison at some point.

Both Cammy and Decapre are clones, but Decapre is the older clone that was experimented on more (so they wouldn't have to on Cammy).
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
    I<iShiDo wrote: »
    @l<iShiDo

ok thanks for Kolin

Ed was a replacement body for bison

sean's style mostly self taunt with inspiration from anatasuken

kolin is bae

by beating his ass

decapre took care of cammy so cammy looked up her