The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• I<iShiDoI<iShiDo MVP Joined: Posts: 161
    Daemos wrote: »
    I<iShiDo wrote: »
    Shadow Ace wrote: »
    @l<iShiDo

- Ed was the kid boxer saved in SF4
    - Laura is reckless, so she wasn't using the family style correctly
    - the scientist fang kills in the begining (people thought it was fuerte first because of the shadoloo cafeteria angle shot)
    - yes, she is gill's assistant
    - all the pieces were gathered again, the same piece is shown in a cutscene
    - decapre and cammy are sisters, cammy is a clone of decapre but decapre was captured by bison

Nash was suppose to kill bison for gill

I know he is that kid but what or who is he

Still strange... Still does Sean know some stuff as well?

ok thanks for Kolin

Have missed the pieces... How did they got the one from FANG?

If Cammy was the clone why Decapre called her big sister

The little kid is a clone human incubator like Abel and Seth but very young. He also inherited the gene that allows him to directly manipulate Psycho Power. He was supposed to be a spare vessel for Bison at some point.

Both Cammy and Decapre are clones, but Decapre is the older clone that was experimented on more (so they wouldn't have to on Cammy).

Where is this info about Ed from?

And where is this Decapre clone thing from? I thought she was a kidnapped girl as the other dolls

Edit
    As I said Decapre was no clone

• DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,542 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @l<iShiDo

- the scientist fang kills in the begining (people thought it was fuerte first because of the shadoloo cafeteria angle shot)
    - decapre and cammy are sisters, cammy is a clone of decapre but decapre was captured by bison

ok thanks for Kolin

The little kid is a clone human incubator like Abel and Seth but very young. He also inherited the gene that allows him to directly manipulate Psycho Power. He was supposed to be a spare vessel for Bison at some point.

Both Cammy and Decapre are clones, but Decapre is the older clone that was experimented on more (so they wouldn't have to on Cammy).

And where is this Decapre clone thing from? I thought she was a kidnapped girl as the other dolls

Ed info is from SF4, but also Boxer's SF5 prologue, and Urien's SF5 prologue.

We know for a fact that Cammy was a genetically engineered clone of Bison, so logic follows that so was Decapre.
    @l<iShiDo

ok thanks for Kolin

Ed info is from SF4, but also Boxer's SF5 prologue, and Urien's SF5 prologue.

We know for a fact that Cammy was a genetically engineered clone of Bison, so logic follows that so was Decapre.

Well doubt it. Previous informations always said that she has been kidnapped like the other dolls. And for real now there has to be some DNA for a Cammy that she can look like Decapre

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,252
    Duuuuuuuuuuude. This was definitely MUCH better than I expected, although not perfect either. Some moments were pretty damn cool, others made me chuckle for a good bit, and some were just facepalm/confusion inducing. I'll break the impressions/thoughts down per Act below

Act 1 - Disaster
    - So the very first scene we see is Charlie in a sort of dream with Necalli appearing there. It's interesting that Necalli says "this soul wanders - I must devour". Why? Necalli consumes strong souls, but technically Charlie is dead (as is revealed to us later), so his soul has left his body, he's a walking corpse, a zombie, so why does Necalli still haunt him even in the later acts?

- The next moment we see Helen. From the character story, we know that she's overlooking Nash and as she says herself - she was ordered to do so by someone. Interesting how at first she's still caring and nice person, and as soon as something goes wrong - she immediately changes her personality. I kinda like it lol

- Ryu comes to Dhalsim to seek help and guidance. I think it's a nice touch because I don't remember Ryu interacting with Dhalsim like that, so I like that Capcom is giving 'Sim a greater role in V compared to previous entries of the series. I don't like though how Ryu gets bodied by Necalli but then Dhalsim somehow defeats him. Shouldn't they be on different power levels?
    Also apparently Necalli can transfer visions to other characters. Uh... okay then. Also what the hell is Getepe?

- Rashid arrives at the Shadaloo base.How does he receive the transmission from Shibasaki to Karin? Do they have a common radio channel? Or is Rashid's phone special in some way? And this is also the first time we see the "piece", something that Helen mentioned earlier. This is logical as now we see an actual item that seems vital to the story, at least.
    Oh and here's Li Fei! I don't quite understand why she says that she "wasn't captured" by the Shadaloo goons. Wasn't she kidnapped to work on the Black Moons by Shadaloo in the first place? That would technically make her a captive of theirs. Although I guess she says that to prevent her from leaving the base too soon and ruin Operation CHAINS later
    FANG then proceeds to melt down a female programmer (dammit, Capcom, stop censoring shit!), so I guess this is the friend Rashid was looking for all along. But why does FANG just leave Rashid there after he is beaten? You'd think he would dispose of an enemy much like a traitor, but NOPE

- Two scenes in New York: One we see Alex beating up some fool, next we have a tag team match. Alex is holding a trophy so I assume he's the current champion of CWA? At least in the solo division. But what the hell was Laura doing there? It's kind of random for her to just appear there. Znagief+Mika tag team is totally the best thing ever though.

- Two scenes at the Kanzuki Estate. Karin is already aware of the Black Moons (note - she was only monitoring it, no action to somehow dispose of the Moons was taken prior to that, and she didn't inform anybody else. I find that fucking stupid). Who was she talking to in the ball room? Were those just some servants? BTW Ibuki's dress alt might not be the most creative one, but DAMN does she look good in it!

- Nothing quite special about the following scenes, apart from the fact that now we find out that the chess pieces are the keys to activating the Black Moons. You'd think FANG would come up with something better since they're so easliy stolen. What if one was lost? I mean Shadaloo's base is quite fucking big, having a small piece like that doesn't seem like a very reliable of an activation key

- Back in New York (wait, why do they call it New York? I thought it's Metro City?) again, this time covered in chaos and destruction. FANG says that the programmer (Rashid's friend) stole the pieces/keys. But was she the one that sent them to various places across the globe? How did she know whom to send the pieces? I guess she used the Shadaloo's database to access the location data. Chun-Li gets bodied (well no surprise there), Cammy saves the day.
    BTW Bison saying "this is delicious" as his very first line in the Story Mode is fucking hilarious. Bravo, Capcom bravo

- Evening in New York, now the city is engulfed in flames (where did the flames come from, by the way?), Guile, Chun and Cammy discuss the "Hacker Indicent". Do we know who are those hackers? Are they just random people much like the Dolls? (and again, holy shit - Li Fei is one of those hackers, apparently). Also did you notice they were at the Alex's trailer this whole time? Ha!
    Cammy mentions an Interpol agent being attacked by Shadaloo. Is that just AN agent or somebody in particular? An apparently he/she knows Cammy as well. Could it be someone from Delta Red?
    Charlie appears (how did he know where to find Guile?), Rashid appears as well. LOL Guile and Chun get bodied again (first by Vega and Bison, then by Nash and Rashid). Cammy is completely useless in that interaction (what, is Azam really that potent of a fighter to hold Cammy down?). Well that's that, I guess. Also apparently Rashid's whir;wind is a legit mean of transporation. Yup.

Act 2 - Gathering
    - Rashid and Nash arrive at the location. Helen is there reading "some" book (that we later find out to be containing Illuminati's prophecy. I think it's called Testament, from what I could see in the cutscenes? Didn't know Illuminati actually had a bible of their own. Wow.
    Juri's entrance needs no words - she just kicks the fucking door and enters the place. LMAO.
    We find out what's the purpose of the Black Moons, how Shadaloo is planning to use them, and also how to stop them (basically just don't let them get the keys). I do however wonder how does Helen know all that. An insider among Shadaloo? Did Rashid's programmer friend work for Illuminati?
    It's also hilarious how Helen is about to tell who she really is, and then BOOM - Urien appears out of nowhere. Did nobody really see or hear him come up to Helen from behind? But whatever, Urien is badass and that suit fits the bastard perfectly... and then he just leaves. 'kay

- Next scene with Rashid and Kanzuki is essentially useless
    - So is Ken vs Ryu scene. The bro fist was great to see though! (Capcom pls add this to the main game)

- But another scene at Kanzuki Estate makes up for it! Was very damn nice to see Marz and Decapre in action. I guess it was expected that Karin would beat Marz, and Decapre vs Cammy rivalry stays intact. Some more exposition, but hey - we get to see the classic SF2 cast together! Zangief also mentions a "friend" in India - who would that be? Dhalsim was right there, so it must've been somebody else. That can't be Azam since he's travelling with Rashid. So could it be Oro? Hmmmm. But that's the end of Act 2

Act 3 - Fierce Battle
    - Mel is cute as fuck! Like father, like son, I feel that with proper training he will be a proper Antatsuken fighter. HOJOKEN!

- The Cammy bit hurt. "Families...confuse me... I don't have one". Ouch :( But it's nice to see Cammy caring for others (she's really protective of Chun, Juni and now Ken too), I like this element of a bond between all the fighters

- Holy shit, Aprile! Holy shit, Noembelu! GEEKGASM TO THE MAX! Birdie got bodied pretty hard

- Again, hilarious scene with Sean, you could hear him playing MegaMan on his CAPCOM console, bwahaha. FANG almost choked him tho, wow this nigga is ruthless! Thankfully Ken is there to save the day. (Why does he say PHEW like three times in the story? Capcom pls). The Shadaloo logo radio is hilarious, it even has a ringtone! FANG is really something
    Laura's entrance is HILARIOUS! Too bad it's basically the only good moment with her in the entire story. Cammy's question about bro/sis relationship = I'm dead . BTW since when does Ken have an online class?

- Holy shit, Santamu! Also Zangief not giving a shit about Balrog's punches like a boss. Ed now has a better control of Psycho Power, I think we'll see him again in the later development of Street Fighter story and maybe even future series installments

- Hi again Alex! ("give me the piece") Bye Alex!

- Cammy defeats Decapre, but her hurting the cops was a really WTF moment for me. Like, why? She couldn't just told them "No, I'll take care of her, you stay back"? Instead she beat the shit out of them. Poor Peter. Also that second cop is RIP, don't think he'd survive the bike drop from Juri. Ken does a Shinryuken! HYPE...for a few seconds

- Charlie goes after Bison like a fucking idiot he is. Doesn't follow orders. AGAIN. And gets bodied by Bison. AGAIN. Sigh....

- Ibuki kills a guy with a Kunai. Damn girl, you savage. Mika tanks a dash punch from Balrog. Holy fucking shit. I'll never get tired of seeing how hype that moment is. The way Ibuki and Mika stole a piece from Balrog is stupid though. Like, he really carried it in his hand all this time?

- Dhalsim bodies a dozen of Shadaloo goons. Damn that scene was good! But Chun needs saving again. Sigh, really?

- The next scene confuses me. So in Act 1, FANG puts a piece in the control room and it activates one of the moons. Then Chun and Karin bring the remaining six, and they stop the Operation CHAINS from happening? Uh, I'm sorry, I must be missing something here, but wouldn't this ACTIVATE the remaining Black Moons since they weren't active before?
    Also ABEL! OMMGGGGG
    And so Act 3 concludes...

Act 4 - Resolve
    - Why does FANG make Li Fei activate the "Descent Program"? Didn't Shadaloo kidnap several hackers/programmers? Why couldn't they activate the same program? Also we basically get to see Psycho Drive 2.0 in the scene. Hi, Street Fighter Alpha!

- The war room scene shows us the alert signals that coem from where the Black Moons are located. If you closely look at the map, you can notice that the world map shows exact locations where the game's stages are: Brazil (Hillside Plaza), India (Apprentice Valley), China (Bustling Side Street), Japan (Kanzuki Estate), Russia (Underground Arena), USA (City in Chaos), and UK (Union Station). Also, holy fuck, I couldn't even think that the failsafe of Operation CHAINS was to drop the Black Moons on the ground. That's just next level evil!

- Apparently the Descent Program activates all Psycho Power imbued beings are amplifiyed, so it affects Abel (since he's Bison's clone) and all the Dolls (I guess they were infused during their training regime)

- Necalli appears again with no use to him at all. Next

- Zangief dropping from the skies screaming "IRON MUSCLE" right before Abel. Holy crap, this is so awesome! Ibuki tauning Mika while Mika is all over Zangief is hilarious as well

- Juri, Cammy and Decapre arrived to the UK from Brazil. On a bike. And Vega somehow followed them and tracked them down. Um, I'm sorry but I call bullshit on this one. I get it's a game, it's Street Fighter, I'm supposed to suspend my disbelief in what's happening on the screen, but there's a limit to what I can take in. It's not an over-the-top anime like Asura's Wrath where a super powerful demi-god takes on a planet-sized statue and beats the shit out of him.
    Vega kicking Cammy's ass and Juri stepping in to body Vega - now THAT's a surprise to me. Juri is totally into Cammy at this point.
    Cammy's showing of anger and knocking Decapre out.... wow, dude. I can't remember when was the last time I saw her this angry!

- Charlie has an ability to consume other's energy. I don't know if this is based on his ingame V-Skill/Tragedy Assault move or it's the actual canon, but this is a thing now. Kinda weird though that Abel doesn't remember Nash, wasn't he saved by Nash even before SF4?

- The scene at the Underground Arena (not so much of an underground when you can just come inside it, is it?) is something else. Helen gets fucking pissed at Charlie! Juri's and Cammy's presence is basically useless in it since they don't do or even say anything. They're kinda just there... :/

- Ryu somehow now can "defeat" Necalli. Um, okay, how? He also overcame Satsui no Hado inside him. Um, okay, how? He also isn't a target for Necalli's soul consuming purpose anymore. Um, okay, how? Honestly this scene raises more questions. Again. Which is pretty common for the story mode. And again there's this butterfly comint out of nowhere. Next act, I guess...

Act 5 - Fight to the Death
    - Moscow, my hometown, is engulfed in flames, much like New York was. Well damn. Helen also reads the Illuminati's prophecy (originated back in SF3 2I, Gill's ending, although slightly tweaked. Again Urien appears, does nothing, goes away. Ugh

- The World Warriors arrive at the Shadaloo base to kick Bison's ass. They drop from a huge height, with no parachutes, no ropes, or anything like that, and apparently land on the ground safely. I'm sorry, what? I call bullshit on this one. Again. Also their helicopters should've been taken down under such heavy fire. And so should've the World Warriors themselves.
    Dhalsim pushing Birdie out out the heli was once again hilarious.

- Holy shit, Juli! Holy shit, Enero! Holy shit, Xiayu! Holy shit, Jiayu! Holy shit, Satsuki! Holy shit, Fervier!

- Zangief's mucle spirit is so great you can't hurt him with swords. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

- Karin and Enero OHOHO exchange was... something. Ojou humor, I guess.

- What was that device FANG used though? Some sort of a remote Doll control device?

- Cammy gets bodied by Vega. Again. Sigh....

- Vega is about to strike the final blow to Cammy, Decapre comes in to help, Juri jumps in on a bike, Vega does a backflip to cut the bike into pieces with his claw and the bike explodes. THAT was cool. Michael Bay would be proud. Also Decapre/Cammy tag team! YES!

- Rashid was fucking PISSED when FANG said he killed his friend. That was literally the Goku/Krillin moment from DBZ! So much hype! I was actually ready to see Rashid go Super Sayian lol

- Wait, Rashid's still alive? ..... NO, MARZ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

- Bison bodies some ninjas.... Yeah, it was definitely not very smart of them to go attack him like that

- Nash dies in vain. Like, seriously. His death did nothing, him sucking energy out of Bison did nothing, hell Bison wasn't even hurt by the energy explosion! At least he died a hero, I guess

- Wait, FANG is still alive? Well at least Chun-Li finally bodies someone all by herself for a change. Was rather refreshing to see

- Guile stands and does nothing, Chun asks Ryu to go defeat Bison, Ryu somehow gets up there to Bison where the statues are and saves the day from our evil Dictator. Pretty awesome how the stage itself is slowly crumbling down as the fight goes on, almost makes me want the story mode fights to go on for 2 rounds instead of 1. And then Ryu's Hadoken kills Bison, who proceeds to become all blue and shiny and disappear into nothingless, leaving only his cap behind. Um, okay, how?

- Ryu can now apparently make his energy blasts not hurt people and provide a pathway. Wait, since when he can do that!? Was he always able to do something like this?

- Our heroes watch the base crumble and burn, Vega leaves (wonder what's he going to do now?), Balrog and Ed leave (I guess since Balrog met with Urien in his character story, they will both join the Illuninati. I mean, what else are they going to do?), Guile/Chun/Ryu get out safely (obviously), and I guess this marks the end of Shadaloo for good.

- A touching final message from Rashid's friend... I assume she programmed the phone to trigger the message at that very moment, maybe even from a remote location. But that was still weird. Oh well. Damn you, tears!

- The credits.... holy shit, these credits! Gill is sitting on a throne like a boss. Helen becomes Kolin (OMG SHE'S SO GORGEOUS). The Street Fighter III era awaits!

- And of course the classic Ryu vs Ken battle. A perfect closure for such an adventure, with Ryu's theme playing in the background, and a second brofist to end it all! This is one of those moments where the story mode should've been two rounds instead of one, it's too good to last such a short amount of time! Capcom, please!

Some general notes:
    - What was the butterfly supposed to symbolize? It appears in Nash's dream, when Ryu punches Necalli, and during Gill's speech, arguably the three key points in the entire story

- What the hell was Necalli? It's still unexplained, and he apparently existed in the Street Fighter universe this entire time. You can't just throw that shit in without explaining it to the player first, Capcom

- I was absolutely happy to see all 12 Dolls in the story, especially since the last time we actually saw them in a game was nearly 20 years ago in Street Fighter Alpha 3. Capcom used Cammy's model and animations as the base for them, but I can't exactly blame them for doing so since it saves time and money.

- I was also impressed that they didn't just copypasted existing characters but also added some unique stuff to the NPCs. Shadaloo goons, the Cops, all the Dools. Heck, Decapre feels like a pretty much finished character, so I think we'll see her in Street Fighter V's cast very soon. Maybe even Season 2, who knows

- Peter (the cop) was actually voiced by Peter Rosas. LMAO

- Generally the visuals are pretty well done. There are some hiccups due to camera angle picks and lighting (e.g. when Juri opens her mouth and challenges Rashid to a fight), but most of the time it looks really well! Ken is still awful though. Also Mel's model could REALLY

- The animations are also great! I think Chun-Li being frightened by Bison in Act 1 is one of the best moments in the entire story mode

- The clipping, however, is absolutely atricous. And it's everywhere! In almost every single scene there's one or two things you'll noticle clipping through each other. This is a very big issue that's gotta be fixed sometime. Hopefully the big patch at the end of the year will resolve it forever

- I'm also inclined to believe that Rashid is a JoJo character that somehow found its way into Street Fighter universe. His poses are top notch and anime as hell

- On the other hand, Azam is completely useless except for that one tiem when he held the steel door from dropping down. Like, really all he does is stand arms crossed saying "Master...."

- Necalli's hype by Capcom was in total vain. He basically serves no purpose in the story, does nothing, he doesn't play any sort of a role in Bison's plan, and appears whenever. If you take him out - the overall narrative will not be affected at all. He also sucks as a plot device for Ryu (as I'm pretty sure Ryu could overcome Satsui no Hado all by himself without such a Hado-Ex Machina

- Alex, Laura, Urien were given basically no screen time. All of them appear appear in two respective scenes in the entire story, do nothing, say a few words and disappear. Pretty fucking disappointing, if you ask me

- Karin was given too much screen time. I think she should've been at the Kanzuki Estate this whole time and be the brains of the operation, providing the World Warriors intel and support, instead she's in like 80% of the scenes in the story mode, beats every single one of her opponents, and loses no fights at all. It grew kinda annoying. Oh well... at least she looked glorious while doing her stuff. V-Skill steel door blowup, yo!

- The Story Mode's soundtrack is fantastic. All the new tracks they've made specifically for it are very nice, the Dolls have their own theme that plays several times in the story, the final boss gets his own theme, and we also hear the remixes of Game's Main Theme and Ryu's theme. I'm hoping Capcom adds those to the game itself and we'll be able to use it outside the story mode somehow. We basically need Street Fighter Tunes ASAP

- On the other hand, some of the scenes felt either unneeded or very poolry cut. It's not uncommon to have a like 5-second cutscene -> loading screen -> 5-second cutscene. It's annoying. So I hope if Capcom does more Story Modes like this in the future - they'll sort this thing out. It probably also didn;t help that all cutscenes are engine-based and not prerendered, which slows down the load times too. What I'm trying to say is... It needs to have a better flow and tempo to it.

- The story mode also didn't make it very clearn when we moved from one act into another. Guilty Gear and Mortal Kombat, for example, have very distinct hints when a chapter/act ends and you're proceeding to the next one. In Guilty Gear - it's a small menu that let's you continue the story, quit to the chapter select, or quit to the main menu. In Mortal Kombat there's a text telling you which chapter you're currenctly in and which character you're going to play as for its duration. So some sort of an indicator would be nice in Street Fighter's case

- Can we also stop for a minute and appreaciate Shadaloo's base design? It's literally built according to Shadaloo's logo design. It's actually kinda cool haha

- It also felt that FANG is the only Shadaloo member that actually did something. Vega, Balrog and even Bison enter a couple of fights and don't do anything substantial. Hell, Bison pretty much sits on his base charging up the entire Story Mode. It's kinda lame, honestly

- Charlie was totally wasted. His entire presence was meaningless, his death was not necessary, his character interactions were minimal and disappointing

- Speaking of Charlie, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO Guile vs Charlie RIVALRY? I was expecting some sort of a critical battle, a resolution to the long search for Charlie by Guile, and what happens instead? They fight one time, then Guile gives him a hand to grab on inside the helicopter, and they're suddenly friends again. Ugh!

- It also didn't quite feel right that Ryu defeated Bison at the end of the story mode, but I guess since he's still the main protagonist of the series - it sort f made sense. It would be more satisying if Ryu beat him down and then Charlie or Chun-Li came in to strike the final blow (because both of them have a much deeper connection to Bison than Ryu does) and close out their respective story arcs once and for all - Nash's redemption and Chun's revenge for her father

- What happened to FANG and Marz? I call bullshit if FANG survived the fall but Marz didn't. She really didn't deserve to die just for the sake of triggering emotions from the player. Although if FANG does indeed survive - I see him joining Illuminati ranks to work among their scientists, creating the Twelve program and Necro

- What happened to Viper, Gouken, Sakura and Oro? Viper was infiltrating Shadaloo, Gouken shouldve been working with Ryu, Sakura should've been at the Kanzuki Estate, and Oro should clearly have appeared on at least one location... At least we got to see Urien, Juri and Gill, so there's that

- I also hope that in the future Capcom lets us use the stages from the Story Mode. City in Chaos at night/with flames, the crumbling Lair of the Four Kings, Shadaloo's Artillery, and one of the stages inside the Shadaloo Base itself (e.g. the one in front of the Operation CHAINS control panel

Final score for Street Fighter V's Cinematic Story Mode: 7.5/10

We don't have to use spoiler tags any more. As for the butterflies, I got the impression they are tied to Gill. They were him influencing events from behind the scenes. The butterfly that appears in the Charlie/Necalli sequence is Gill infusing Charlie with power to revive him. I'd like to here thoughts on this theory from @daemos , @bakfromon , and @Shockdingo
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,012
    I love Vega, so I was cool with him beating her in her own prologue and in their first fight during the CMS, but when the story was setting up their last fight I was literally thinking "No way he's gonna win again." NOPE we playing as Vega. Poor Cammy. And Chun. I guess Capcom has been trying to reduce their leading females to punching bags since SF4 since they aren't Karin :disappointed:
    Can my anti air please not trade
    Can someone try to explain the connection between power of nothingness, SnH and Necalli?

Is Denjin mode the unlocked power of nothingness and why Ryu needed Necalli for it

• Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,419
    MrPyro wrote: »
    Kind of off-subject, what happened to hot Ryu being story-related or the explanation for Bison's white hair?

I mean, I figure Ryu's alt represents his training, and I'm sure Bison's body is simply wearing thin as he uses more Psycho Power.

More proof they ran out of time and gave us a premature cinematic story. Nothing else can explain the nonsense that happened with Nash, Guile and Chun-Li.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,527
    edited July 2016
    All I need now is a Twelve article!
    Well doubt it. Previous informations always said that she has been kidnapped like the other dolls.
    Previous information is also from Alpha 3, where she wasn't even Cammy's sister yet.

Cammy is a clone of Bison. Which makes her twin sister ALSO a clone of Bison.
    I used the spoiler tags because of a huge text post and I don't want to clutter the page. Easier to navigate
    Appreciated!

• bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,000
    edited July 2016
    Can someone try to explain the connection between power of nothingness, SnH and Necalli?

Is Denjin mode the unlocked power of nothingness and why Ryu needed Necalli for it

There isn't a connection between Necalli, SnH, and Nothingness perse. Necalli is just drawn to conflict so he's not specifically drawn to SnH, but all negativity including Psycho Power.

Also, Denjin Mode is unlocked by tapping into SnH for a brief interval before snapping back out of it. I know @vasili10 gets a bad rap around here but a broken clock can be right at least twice a day
    vasili10 wrote: »

-Is there a secret story and the like for the denjin hadouken's grasping?
    A. For hadou's ki's way of refining, in a brief interval is about allowing to turn around in alternation, being capable of allowing to carry electricity in hadou. This is to possess negativity's disposition, a tiny interval of satsui no hadou's ki, with the matter of controlling it's become a thing of possibility. Most likely if satsui no hadou were to be completely conquered, it's agreed that the denjin hadouken would not become useable.

Necalli was just used as a plot device for Ryu to overcome SnH without having to face Akuma, or Evil Ryu.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,419
    bakfromon wrote: »
    The mercenary whose blade is pointed at Shadaloo. Apparently, he had unknowingly ingested oysters last week, and now he has a stomach ache.

abe00.jpg?h=0f1e8f51b18a8f8dc2dbe7713febcdd5

Name: Abel
    Height: 198cm
    Weight: 85kg
    Blood type: A
    Birthday: November, 5
    Home Country: France
    Favorite things: dogs, bears
    Dislikes: oysters

Abel was injured during an undercover investigation, he is currently recuperating Mansion of Kozuki.
    Using Military style MMA, he seems to be a comprehensive fighter. He doesn't seem too friendly when first approached,
    but he doesn't dislike people, he just has an honest but polite attitude. In the previous title, the affiliated corporation SIN had been destroyed and he is one of the suspects responsible.
    He was originally produced to be a warrior replacement body for Bison, but was rumored to be disposed of after various amounts of glitches and problems.
    Very recently we've seen a Shadaloo soldier bearing a striking resemblance.....

abe01.jpg?h=34e88aaa3696fcb919403bc61d8d89f2

I wondered about the resemblance when I caught him waiting at an elevator door, although he had been saying "My body".

No mention of his savior. Great job, Capcom! They did the same hyping up with Leon and Chris coming face to face for the first time in RE6 and it was a COLOSSAL disaster as well. So many great opportunities missed in this attempt, I don't know how Guile and Chun-Li fans can stand it.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    All I need now is a Twelve article!
    Well doubt it. Previous informations always said that she has been kidnapped like the other dolls.
    Previous information is also from Alpha 3, where she wasn't even Cammy's sister yet.

Cammy is a clone of Bison. Which makes her twin sister ALSO a clone of Bison.
    I used the spoiler tags because of a huge text post and I don't want to clutter the page. Easier to navigate
    Appreciated!

Again... Yeah she is a clone of a Bison but why does she doesn't look like Bison.

Yeah that's why maybe we have Decapre for... Bison's Dna with Decapres's female look...

So simply said... the last game introduced power of nothingness was simply not touched and forgotten

edited July 2016
    Faceplam as much as you want not once it is said that Decapre is a clone.

And you can tell me how even a female clone of Bison becomes blonde

That's why I said real human Decapre DNA + Bison = Cammy

I still contend to think Decapre was the last Doll that was originally kidnapped and Cammy was the one made from her and Bison's DNA.

Also just to prove that Necalli is a plot device in place of Akuma here's a fan made comic made from the panels of Ryu Final basically depicting the end of the Ryu vs Necalli fight, only how it rightfully should be with Akuma.
    fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/trueryu/large/3406d4d303df48f4880f87281c2cc789.png?v=83250
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,252
    I still contend to think Decapre was the last Doll that was originally kidnapped and Cammy was the one made from her and Bison's DNA.

Also just to prove that Necalli is a plot device in place of Akuma here's a fan made comic made from the panels of Ryu Final basically depicting the end of the Ryu vs Necalli fight, only how it rightfully should be with Akuma.
    fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/trueryu/large/3406d4d303df48f4880f87281c2cc789.png?v=83250

Yeah I believe so as well. It makes the naming conventions of the dolls far more consistent as well.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,098
    edited July 2016
    I always find fighting games not dodging and just blocking sharp objects kinda ridiculous early 2k because i was wanting a realistic based street fighter thinking they should changed it dodge when confronting vega/claw in SF4 pre-development stage. I'm glad this is the first media of SF that give definition or somewhat kinda assumption of what muscle and blades are in SF universe by showing us Zangief's potentials unlike the earlier cartoons, anime and live action. While bullets were shown infective in SF4 evil ryu animated scenes.

I like how they evolved Zangief and Dhalsim nowadays in SFV than how they changed SF2 Blanka and Sagat in the alpha series, I never a fan of SFV karin than a SFA Karin persona,

I dislike Nash design but like his new moves and persona, his never the Guile clone we all know...
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,415
    edited July 2016
    BTW guys, if you have time - I have a lot of questions (that I can't figure out myself or they weren't properly answered in the Story Mode) so please do take a look under the spoilers in my impressions post above

Thanks
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited July 2016

And you can tell me how even a female clone of Bison becomes blonde

That's why I said real human Decapre DNA + Bison = Cammy

Did you skip biology class or something? Ever heard of dominant and recessive genes? Fraternal twins? What about the former sci-fi now sci-fact science of gene editing? Abel, Seth, and Ed are also genetically engineered constructs from Bison's DNA and they are all blond. 'Clones' does not necessarily mean they are physically/aesthetically identical, they can have 100% the same genetic material and still look nothing alike.

Bison does not need Decapre's DNA to create Cammy, there is zero proof for that. Cammy is a soldier genetically constructed from Bison's DNA only. Decapre is her twin sister. Unless you have new information to bring to the table, nothing in regards to this matter changed since SF4.
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,010
    Did you miss the part where Bison practically engineered Ryu's ascent to the final battle? Bison wanted and was expecting Ryu. He knew that Ryu was going to come and was counting on it. Ryu knew that this was his fight because he knows of Bison's ultimate ambition firsthand, and Rose told him.

Did you also miss the part where Ryu's entire struggle with the SNH began with his fight with Bison? That Bison was critical to its awakening? Ryu x Bison is a very personal matter for Ryu, and defeating him is the ultimate 'level up' on Ryu's path of destiny. It proves that he has overcome his demons by overcoming a real demon.

Ya'll talking shit about Ryu x Bison like it's meaningless don't know your Street Fighter. You also need to get over it. It is done.

If you need to bring the Meme no Hadou and similar magical powers to justify some character relation then maybe that relation is not of the highest storytelling quality, you know.
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,527
    edited July 2016
    Again... Yeah she is a clone of a Bison but why does she doesn't look like Bison.
    What Daemos said. Look up how actual cloning works. The products don't have to come out identical to the subject being cloned. They can have all the same variation that children normally have. Only it's like if both of your parents were the same person. They can be a different gender(just like any child could be a boy or girl), and, as long as Bison has someone in his ancestry with blonde hair, then she can end up with blonde hair as well.
    But it HAS been said that Cammy is Bison's clone. Which means a character that is her twin sister must ALSO be a clone.

Besides, if one of them was "real" and the other a "clone" then Cammy is the one that's obviously the original. As she's the one that doesn't react to Psycho Power as if she'd been infused with Bison's DNA, and even more obviously, she's the one that's not seemingly falling apart, as if her cloning was faulty.
    mikros wrote: »
    Did you miss the part where Bison practically engineered Ryu's ascent to the final battle? Bison wanted and was expecting Ryu. He knew that Ryu was going to come and was counting on it. Ryu knew that this was his fight because he knows of Bison's ultimate ambition firsthand, and Rose told him.

Did you also miss the part where Ryu's entire struggle with the SNH began with his fight with Bison? That Bison was critical to its awakening? Ryu x Bison is a very personal matter for Ryu, and defeating him is the ultimate 'level up' on Ryu's path of destiny. It proves that he has overcome his demons by overcoming a real demon.

Ya'll talking shit about Ryu x Bison like it's meaningless don't know your Street Fighter. You also need to get over it. It is done.

If you need to bring the Meme no Hadou and similar magical powers to justify some character relation then maybe that relation is not of the highest storytelling quality, you know.

Street Fighter isn't the highest quality story telling you know, so what's your point?

Ryu x Bison is what it is. Your claim against Ryu doesn't hold up because the canon is on Ryu's side. Your and my opinion about the quality of the literature is irrelevant, the narrative for Ryu x Bison is very much there and it is strong.
    edited July 2016
    Seriously... I was talking about Decapre not Cammy.

I know Cammy is a damn clone... I just said that the dolls has been said to be kidnapped girls... Decapre could have been a real HUMAN being and that her DNA + Bisons has been used for Cammy.

To the shithead named Daemos above...

No I haven't skipped that... But not only your post has shown that YOU have skipped that, but seems like Capcom has as well.

It makes no sense... But keep thinking you are the pro of everything explaining absolute shit CAPCOM gives us

• mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,010
    Your and my opinion about the quality of the literature is irrelevant, the narrative for Ryu x Bison is very much there and it is strong.

It strongly sucks, my opinion is.
    Seriously... I was talking about Decapre not Cammy.

I know Cammy is a damn clone... I just said that the dolls has been said to be kidnapped girls... Decapre could have been a real HUMAN being and that her DNA + Bisons has been used for Cammy.

To the shithead named Daemos above...

No I haven't skipped that... But not only your post has shown that YOU have skipped that, but seems like Capcom has as well.

It makes no sense... But keep thinking you are the pro of everything explaining absolute shit CAPCOM gives us

The canon is clear on this matter. Don't pose questions if you are not going to be open to the answers.

The easiest thing would have been to change Decapre's nationality to "Unknown" instead of Russian since they're willing to change Santamu's. As it stands now she's still Russian though, and the theme of the Dolls still stands that they were all kidnapped from somewhere. Cammy as "Killer Bee" has a nationality listed as "unknown", Decapre has always been from Russia, and she has no reason to be implanted like Cammy was.

The easiest thing would have been to change Decapre's nationality to "Unknown" instead of Russian since they're willing to change Santamu's. As it stands now she's still Russian though, and the theme of the Dolls still stands that they were all kidnapped from somewhere. Cammy as "Killer Bee" has a nationality listed as "unknown", Decapre has always been from Russia, and she has no reason to be implanted like Cammy was.

You're right, the fact that Decapre's nationality was not changed adds to the confusion. But I'd sooner blame this on an oversight on Capcom's behalf than concoct a scenario that involves Cammy effectively being the daughter of Decapre and Bison.

You're right, the fact that Decapre's nationality was not changed adds to the confusion. But I'd sooner blame this on an oversight on Capcom's behalf than concoct a scenario that involves Cammy effectively being the daughter of Decapre and Bison.

But an oversight on the second most important Doll next to Cammy and a change on one of the more irrelevant Dolls because of the creators choice?

If the creator of these characters (whoever that is) is willing to go as far as to change a nationality of a minor character as to make no sense, you would think they would do the same for a major character as to make sense.

If they didn't then its reason to believe things still stand as originally intended. Decapre was the one that was kidnapped, and Cammy was the one who was created.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,984
    I see Decapre being Russian as it's her assigned country for her operations. Even though Cammy origins were unknown her stage in Alpha 3 was Greece. I always figured the dolls nationality played a role on why they were captured.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    So is Bison gone forever? Does that mean Rose is gone as well? What is this prophecy that Gil speaks about?
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
    melflomil wrote: »
    So is Bison gone forever? Does that mean Rose is gone as well? What is this prophecy that Gil speaks about?

We don't know.

No.

Gill's 2i Ending, a prophecy that foretells the arrival of Gill.
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bison tier from most powerful to weakest

1 SF5 Bison

2 SFA3 / SF2 Bison

3 SFA2 Bison

4 SF4 Bison
    "you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,076
    edited July 2016
    @Darc Requiem @bakfromon 's avatar is indeed sweet. It also highlights that 2D sprites and the 2D "look" will always be better than 3D for street fighter (and maybe other fighting games)

Anyways, hopefully we get Twelve/Eleven tomorrow, although chances are it will probably be that Illuminatis version of Dr Sadler guy.
    edited July 2016

But an oversight on the second most important Doll next to Cammy and a change on one of the more irrelevant Dolls because of the creators choice?

If the creator of these characters (whoever that is) is willing to go as far as to change a nationality of a minor character as to make no sense, you would think they would do the same for a major character as to make sense.

If they didn't then its reason to believe things still stand as originally intended. Decapre was the one that was kidnapped, and Cammy was the one who was created.

Work with me with me here.

If Cammy shares 100% of Bison's genetic material.

And if Decapre is physically near identical to Cammy, and is also referred to her as her sister on numerous occasions.

How is Cammy a clone of Decapre?

The only way Cammy can be a clone of Decapre and a clone of Bison is if Decapre is a clone of Bison too.

Offer me another explanation based on what we know from the canon, because there is no other logical explanation. The premise that Cammy is not the daughter of Bison and Decapre through gene editing has no basis in the canon.

I think you are putting too much weight on nationalities when Capcom has long since stopped giving too much of a shit about them.

Sagatryu wrote: »
    Bison tier from most powerful to weakest

1 SF5 Bison

2 SFA3 / SF2 Bison

3 SF4 Bison

4 SFA2

This is more accurate because Bison's SF4 body > Bison's SFA2 body.