The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

1257258260262263662

Comments

  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,523
    I<iShiDo wrote: »
    Decapre could have been a real HUMAN being and that her DNA + Bisons has been used for Cammy.
    Sure, she could have. But that's not what Capcom has said so far.

    And, again, if anyone is the clone infused with Bison DNA, it's Decapre. She's the one with the Psycho Power and the clone degeneration.

  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,801
    edited July 2016
    Um did I miss something? How did Juri and Cammy become buddies or civil towards each other? I could understand Vhun and Juri setting aside their differences and working together. Because Jurt's doesn't have a personal beef with her. It was more of ( Nothing personal You're just in my way so Ima kick yo ass, then kill ya because I'm just fucked up liked that ). But with Cammy, it seems in their rival interaction in SF4 that the beef between them is downright personal. What changed?
    Post edited by BB_Hoody on
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,925
    edited July 2016
    Juri is popular so they have to make her a woobie anti-hero now because, god forbid, a company realize people like a crazy villlain chick BECAUSE she's a crazy villain. Nope, gotta soften that vajayjay so she isn't full-on vagina dentata. Fuck that. I want full-on evil Juri. She's a psychopathic murderer...don't soften her up.

    Doesn't matter anyway.

    The true god-emperor of the world is on the scene in his armani suit and the mother-fucker is throwing Aegis Reflectors like shade to shit on every other fighter in the game.

    Gill? Yeah you know who else thought they were in charge?

    master_nests_by_laurenceesmeralda.png

    This dumb old bastard.

    Face it, folks. My boy Urien has arrived and everyone else just became irrelevant*.

    *note: all opinions displayed here are held solely by YagamiFire and, though correct, do not represent the official stance of the SRK story-thread
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

    I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

    Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 797
    edited July 2016
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Um did I miss something? How did Juri and Cammy become buddies or civil towards each other? I could understand Vhun and Juri setting aside their differences and working together. Because Jurt's doesn't have a personal beef with her. It was more of ( You're in my way so Ima kill ya ). But with Cammy, it seems in their rival interaction in SF4 that the beef between them is downright personal. What changed?

    How was she friendly with Cammy? The entire time she treated her like property, and she was ecstatic when it seemed Cammy killed Decapre. It looked like to me she just saw an opportunity to bring Cammy to their side while being able to enjoy the pain she is going through for The Dolls firsthand so she did it. The reality is Juri may have did it out of pity, and a part of her does admire Cammy's drive to help her sisters by the end wishing anybody cared about her as much so she does respect Cammy. She was set up to be a chaotic character who teeters back and forth.
    Post edited by RAW_Guts on
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,984
    You wrote: »
    I love Vega, so I was cool with him beating her in her own prologue and in their first fight during the CMS, but when the story was setting up their last fight I was literally thinking "No way he's gonna win again." NOPE we playing as Vega. Poor Cammy. And Chun. I guess Capcom has been trying to reduce their leading females to punching bags since SF4 since they aren't Karin :disappointed:

    Tbh if they don't fanservice wierdos Claw will have defeated Karin too

    Her peak as fight has been face a fking doll (not even best) and sound about right

    Only female more powerful than Claw is probably Rose, with Juri more or less on the same level

    SFV did good
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

    All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,247
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Um did I miss something? How did Juri and Cammy become buddies or civil towards each other? I could understand Vhun and Juri setting aside their differences and working together. Because Jurt's doesn't have a personal beef with her. It was more of ( You're in my way so Ima kill ya ). But with Cammy, it seems in their rival interaction in SF4 that the beef between them is downright personal. What changed?

    They aren't friends. Plot convenience. Juri just wants to fuck over Bison. Cammy needed some transportation to save her sister.
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,414
    Sagatryu wrote: »
    Bison tier from most powerful to weakest

    1 SF5 Bison

    2 SFA3 / SF2 Bison

    3 SFA2 Bison

    4 SF4 Bison

    How can you say SF5 Bison is the strongest yet when all you saw him do was getting his ass kicked by Ryu? I know some Bison fanboys will disagree with me, but SFA3 Bison is still the strongest from what we have been shown. Post-Black Moon Bison might have been a different case if it had happened, but SF5 Bison as he's shown in the story mode is definitely weaker than SFA3 Bison.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,801
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Um did I miss something? How did Juri and Cammy become buddies or civil towards each other? I could understand Vhun and Juri setting aside their differences and working together. Because Jurt's doesn't have a personal beef with her. It was more of ( You're in my way so Ima kill ya ). But with Cammy, it seems in their rival interaction in SF4 that the beef between them is downright personal. What changed?

    They aren't friends. Plot convenience. Juri just wants to fuck over Bison. Cammy needed some transportation to save her sister.

    But the hatred Juri has for Cammy at least IMO opinion, wouldn't allow for her to help Cammy in anyway. She'd more likely try to kill her on the spot. But then again Juri has been shown to work with those she hates in order to take them down when the opprotunity presents itself. So I guess it's beliveable. But it doesnt explain Juri coming to Cammy's aide when Vega attacked her.
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,000
    Daemos wrote: »
    bakfromon wrote: »
    Daemos wrote: »
    bakfromon wrote: »
    The easiest thing would have been to change Decapre's nationality to "Unknown" instead of Russian since they're willing to change Santamu's. As it stands now she's still Russian though, and the theme of the Dolls still stands that they were all kidnapped from somewhere. Cammy as "Killer Bee" has a nationality listed as "unknown", Decapre has always been from Russia, and she has no reason to be implanted like Cammy was.

    You're right, the fact that Decapre's nationality was not changed adds to the confusion. But I'd sooner blame this on an oversight on Capcom's behalf than concoct a scenario that involves Cammy effectively being the daughter of Decapre and Bison.

    But an oversight on the second most important Doll next to Cammy and a change on one of the more irrelevant Dolls because of the creators choice?

    If the creator of these characters (whoever that is) is willing to go as far as to change a nationality of a minor character as to make no sense, you would think they would do the same for a major character as to make sense.

    If they didn't then its reason to believe things still stand as originally intended. Decapre was the one that was kidnapped, and Cammy was the one who was created.

    Work with me with me here.

    If Cammy shares 100% of Bison's genetic material.

    And if Decapre is physically near identical to Cammy, and is also referred to her as her sister on numerous occasions.

    How is Cammy a clone of Decapre?

    Simple. Decapre shares Bison's DNA as well, but she's the one who was kidnapped like the rest of the Dolls. Nothing indicates otherwise.
    Daemos wrote: »
    The only way Cammy can be a clone of Decapre and a clone of Bison is if Decapre is a clone of Bison too.

    Offer me another explanation based on what we know from the canon, because there is no other logical explanation. The premise that Cammy is not the daughter of Bison and Decapre through gene editing has no basis in the canon.

    I think you are putting too much weight on nationalities when Capcom has long since stopped giving too much of a shit about them.


    I'll start with the bolded point because if that's the case then why do the choose to give the characters like Decapre, Cammy, Abel, Marz, and Aprile certain vocal accents if they didn't care about nationality? They do to a degree. The thing is that there's nothing to suggest that Decapre was created. If they wanted to suggest it they could have through nationality but they didn't.

    Anime is not enough. Cammy as Killer Bee has already been listed as ? so we know that she was the one created. Just because Decapre is Cammy's sister doesn't mean Cammy has to be the natural one, and nothing in her Killer Bee bio suggests so. Everything about Decapre from a bio perspective would suggest she was just like all the other Dolls who were kidnapped. They can't both be natural twins as each were born a month a part with Decapre being the oldest, but at the same time Decapre is the only one whose nationality has stayed consistent, and given the story of all the Dolls she was kidnapped and there's no hint of her being a special case of being created like Cammy.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

    New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,991
    Yep. Nash said Bison's power continued to go up. Had it been the previous Bison, Nash would've been able to win.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,000
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Um did I miss something? How did Juri and Cammy become buddies or civil towards each other? I could understand Vhun and Juri setting aside their differences and working together. Because Jurt's doesn't have a personal beef with her. It was more of ( You're in my way so Ima kill ya ). But with Cammy, it seems in their rival interaction in SF4 that the beef between them is downright personal. What changed?

    They aren't friends. Plot convenience. Juri just wants to fuck over Bison. Cammy needed some transportation to save her sister.

    When you beat Vega as Juri she straight up says something along the lines of "this is what you get for trying to steal my friend."
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    RAW_Guts wrote: »
    Sagatryu wrote: »
    Bison tier from most powerful to weakest

    1 SF5 Bison

    2 SFA3 / SF2 Bison

    3 SFA2 Bison

    4 SF4 Bison

    How can you say SF5 Bison is the strongest yet when all you saw him do was getting his ass kicked by Ryu? I know some Bison fanboys will disagree with me, but SFA3 Bison is still the strongest from what we have been shown. Post-Black Moon Bison might have been a different case if it had happened, but SF5 Bison as he's shown in the story mode is definitely weaker than SFA3 Bison.

    It is outright said by Nash that Bison in his current state is stronger than the Bison of the past.

    Not only that, but the Capcom developers outright said that this is Bison at his most powerful during last year's EVO panel. His SF4/SF5 body can withstand the full strength of his Psycho Power (no need for Psycho Drives), and he had Black Moons plunging the globe into despair fueling him further. He was so powerful that even when the Black Moons were shut down he was completely unscathed by Gill's suicide bomber Nash.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,076
    Anyone actually want to see Urien with a beard? Some sort of Zeus look? would look mmaaddd as fk!
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,414
    RAW_Guts wrote: »
    Sagatryu wrote: »
    Bison tier from most powerful to weakest

    1 SF5 Bison

    2 SFA3 / SF2 Bison

    3 SFA2 Bison

    4 SF4 Bison

    How can you say SF5 Bison is the strongest yet when all you saw him do was getting his ass kicked by Ryu? I know some Bison fanboys will disagree with me, but SFA3 Bison is still the strongest from what we have been shown. Post-Black Moon Bison might have been a different case if it had happened, but SF5 Bison as he's shown in the story mode is definitely weaker than SFA3 Bison.

    It is outright said by Nash that Bison in his current state is stronger than the Bison of the past.

    No, it wasn't. Nash's exact wording goes as follows:

    Ads_z.jpg

    If you take that in the linear sense that as time passes by, Bison gets stronger, then you would also have to say that SF2 Bison > Alpha Bison, which isn't true. Bison got stronger after A2 alright and that was in A3, in which Charlie had already been dead.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,650
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Um did I miss something? How did Juri and Cammy become buddies or civil towards each other? I could understand Vhun and Juri setting aside their differences and working together. Because Jurt's doesn't have a personal beef with her. It was more of ( You're in my way so Ima kill ya ). But with Cammy, it seems in their rival interaction in SF4 that the beef between them is downright personal. What changed?

    They aren't friends. Plot convenience. Juri just wants to fuck over Bison. Cammy needed some transportation to save her sister.
    Plus Juri gets off on chaos. She probably likes having Cammy know she owed her one, but there was little moment after Vega left. She was being sarcastic as usual, but there was moment where she said something along the lines of "I wish some one would would do what you're doing, for me." Maybe Cammy's actions touched her a bit, but I think she's on light anti-hero territory at the moment. She's still working with Viper, so all of this could just be serving her own means while she picks a chance to slip off the radar and raise some hell.

    I also think that she wants to stick it to Bison and make sure that the world isn't ash so she can still have a playground.
    As for the butterflies, I got the impression they are tied to Gill. They were him influencing events from behind the scenes. The butterfly that appears in the Charlie/Necalli sequence is Gill infusing Charlie with power to revive him. I'd like to here thoughts on this theory from @daemos , @bakfromon , and @Shockdingo
    Totally agree. At first I thought it was thematic, but Charlie saw the butterfly first, then Necalli saw it and stopped attacking. At first I thought that was Kolin's avatar or something, but the way it rested on Gill's hand seems like it's his. I've been making biblical connections to Gill through this thread and I'm thinking that maybe they might be tied to his aesthetic; the way that doves are tied to Christianity, maybe the butterfly represents Gill. Ooooh! Also, if you look in media, butterflies often represent death and rebirth and Gill is all about destruction and rebirth. Also, could one argue that his insignia, seen on Kolin's shoulder is a stylized butterfly? I might be reaching a bit on this one heh.

    Another thing, like I said before, I'm wondering if Charlie is dead but posthumously he'll stay relevant? Heck at one point I posted that it'd be messed up if he was the reason Twelve gained sentience at the end of 3S despite all the mind wipes :scream:

    @Fatal1ty_93_RUS thoughts on your post coming soon. :)
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

    Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

    No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

    My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,414
    RAW_Guts wrote: »
    RAW_Guts wrote: »
    Sagatryu wrote: »
    Bison tier from most powerful to weakest

    1 SF5 Bison

    2 SFA3 / SF2 Bison

    3 SFA2 Bison

    4 SF4 Bison

    How can you say SF5 Bison is the strongest yet when all you saw him do was getting his ass kicked by Ryu? I know some Bison fanboys will disagree with me, but SFA3 Bison is still the strongest from what we have been shown. Post-Black Moon Bison might have been a different case if it had happened, but SF5 Bison as he's shown in the story mode is definitely weaker than SFA3 Bison.

    It is outright said by Nash that Bison in his current state is stronger than the Bison of the past.

    No, it wasn't. Nash's exact wording goes as follows:

    Ads_z.jpg

    If you take that in the linear sense that as time passes by, Bison gets stronger, then you would also have to say that SF2 Bison > Alpha Bison, which isn't true. Bison got stronger after A2 alright and that was in A3, in which Charlie had already been dead.

    Nash wasn't alive for Street Fighter 2 all he knows is Bison now is stronger than he was in Alpha by a marginal amount. Everything we have been told hints or outright claims this Bison being at the peak of his power.

    I know he wasn't alive. That's what I'm saying. Him seeing a more powerful Bison than the one he knew (A2 Bison) and stating so doesn't necessarily mean SFV Bison > A3 Bison. It simply means Bison got stronger after A2, which could have happened any time after A2.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2016
    Cestus wrote: »
    You wrote: »
    I love Vega, so I was cool with him beating her in her own prologue and in their first fight during the CMS, but when the story was setting up their last fight I was literally thinking "No way he's gonna win again." NOPE we playing as Vega. Poor Cammy. And Chun. I guess Capcom has been trying to reduce their leading females to punching bags since SF4 since they aren't Karin :disappointed:

    Tbh if they don't fanservice wierdos Claw will have defeated Karin too

    Her peak as fight has been face a fking doll (not even best) and sound about right

    Only female more powerful than Claw is probably Rose, with Juri more or less on the same level

    SFV did good

    I think you're generally taking your power tiers too seriously, man. @You and I are not necessarily asking for Cammy to be stronger than Vega. We are asking for her to beat him at least once, when she's giving her all to protect Decapre, when she's full on motivation, instead of being a repeated punching bag.

    What's the point in character development, build up and epic moments when you are just not allowed to beat an opponent that's only more powerful than you are by a certain margin?
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,650
    edited July 2016
    I think there was originally a fight there but it was scrapped. In fact, I think there were several scrapped fights which would have added to the story.

    Agreed, one of the first looks at the story mode had them in different outfits, but that like the death of Rashid's friend, were changed.

    Oh yeah, also has there been word of the overall reaction to Storymode yet? I really am serious when I say we should make our thoughts know either on twitter, blogs and other forms of social media. If you loved or hated it, be sure to give balanced feedback instead of rage or else they may just deem things a failure and pack up everything rather than say "OK, we need to implement this and tighten the writing. Deal. Onto the next episode."

    I just am a big believer in giving feedback in this new inter-connected social media age.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

    Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

    No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

    My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,296
    edited July 2016
    Hmmm does this mean cammy is actually wanted by interpol because of her little beatdown on peter? Or was Juri was poking fun as usual? Either way it looks like Cammy sees Juri in a different way now. Does this mean Juri has a partner now? Hmmm I smell tensions gona rise between cammy and Chun now. Because the ending didn't depict them interacting at all.......


    Could this mean Cammy sides with Juri? I am intrigued......
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,418
    Eh, why are they mispronouncing Abel's name?
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Um did I miss something? How did Juri and Cammy become buddies or civil towards each other? I could understand Vhun and Juri setting aside their differences and working together. Because Jurt's doesn't have a personal beef with her. It was more of ( Nothing personal You're just in my way so Ima kick yo ass, then kill ya because I'm just fucked up liked that ). But with Cammy, it seems in their rival interaction in SF4 that the beef between them is downright personal. What changed?

    Like someone said, Helen's side needed more soldiers so Juri brought Cammy along. What is weird is the end, Juri and all the dolls are watching the base being destroyed. And that's it? Even if Juri got a little touched by Cammy and Decapre and spared them her hatred, nobody approached Juri to try to take her to jail? I bet Chun-li and Guile would have liked to do so.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,296
    The AI has combos in extra mode. I got comboed into CA so many time already....and I'm not even done the mode yet....
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,414
    Why the hell did they not let Nash, Guile and Abel have a threesome? Err, I mean why didn't Abel make any mention of Nash saving him the very first time he got him out of the Shadaloo base? Did he even realize that the two people who saved him twice are actually one and only person? He sounded like it was his first time seeing Nash when he went all "Nash, huh?" What, Nash saving Abel is retconned now too?
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,980
    Why the hell did they not let Nash, Guile and Abel have a threesome? Err, I mean why didn't Abel make any mention of Nash saving him the very first time he got him out of the Shadaloo base? Did he even realize that the two people who saved him twice are actually one and only person? He sounded like it was his first time seeing Nash when he went all "Nash, huh?" What, Nash saving Abel is retconned now too?

    I assume that Abel isn't aware of the person who saved him is. Nash left Abel with a French mercenary after saving him. The only induction of Abel meeting Nash was recognizing a sonic boom when he saw Guile do one. That's circumstantial at best.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,296
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Eh, why are they mispronouncing Abel's name?
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Um did I miss something? How did Juri and Cammy become buddies or civil towards each other? I could understand Vhun and Juri setting aside their differences and working together. Because Jurt's doesn't have a personal beef with her. It was more of ( Nothing personal You're just in my way so Ima kick yo ass, then kill ya because I'm just fucked up liked that ). But with Cammy, it seems in their rival interaction in SF4 that the beef between them is downright personal. What changed?

    Like someone said, Helen's side needed more soldiers so Juri brought Cammy along. What is weird is the end, Juri and all the dolls are watching the base being destroyed. And that's it? Even if Juri got a little touched by Cammy and Decapre and spared them her hatred, nobody approached Juri to try to take her to jail? I bet Chun-li and Guile would have liked to do so.


    You say that like they wouldn't have gotten their shit stomped in by her again.




    Chun's face when cammy left with Juri was all "Bitch, are you serious? But why? You're my bitch! GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!" It was if chun lost all faith in cammy. I'm sure chun felt that in her heart. And there wasn't even any charmful words from Juri either it was just "grab your burnt face sister and let's go." And off they went.

    Chun: Should I stop them? I'm too much in shock right now though.....

    Maybe I'm just weird and perverted but maybe there might be some jealously there? Maybe some sexual tension? Like Chun-Li had some feelings she never got off her chest and now is crushed that she never will? And Juri's probably like "Yeah she's my bitch now Chunny, And she's gonna do things for me she'd never do for you. And not just in the field"

    There might be some sexual jealousy/jealousy. Just the look on chun's face said it all though. "But.....why?" That's all I can hear saying.
Sign In or Register to comment.