The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,986
    nfds_allwd wrote: »
    story is corny as fuck, but it has some fun moments. necalli is such a bitch ass, the only thing he was able to devour was ryus dick. chun li, guile - trash tier. vega and juri were pretty cool. urien is the mvp though

I can forgive Chun-Li getting her ass whupped by SFs heavy hitters because she's just a normal woman with some degree of Ki manipulation. But Guile? This guy can strike fast enough to generate sonic booms. You know those extremely loud noises that break the sound barrier and cause physical damage. Why is he getting bodied? What's his excuse?
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,545
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    story is corny as fuck, but it has some fun moments. necalli is such a bitch ass, the only thing he was able to devour was ryus dick. chun li, guile - trash tier. vega and juri were pretty cool. urien is the mvp though

I can forgive Chun-Li getting her ass whupped by SFs heavy hitters because she's just a normal woman with some degree of Ki manipulation. But Guile? This guy can strike fast enough to generate sonic booms. You know those extremely loud noises that break the sound barrier and cause physical damage. Why is he getting bodied? What's his excuse?

I don't think it was that "he got bodied", but that "he did nothing worth a jack".
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,349
    Ahhh.. i loved that game. Handled capcom snk interactions much better than cvs2 which i also loved

I agree. I still remember how excited I was seeing Bison teamed up with Geese in the story. The duo was titled B&G Alliance. There was a strong emphasis on rivalries in MOTM unlike Capcom Vs SNK.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,986
    Saturius wrote: »

None of the characters are normal and all of them have techniques that defy natural physics( Hell Chun and Karin tore through steel doors like they were made of paper). Besides Guile didn't get bodied by anyone really except Nash. He just didn't get to do any kind of shit. Blame the writers. They had their favorites and really messed up story priorities .

When did they tear through steel doors? And Chun-Li and karin are abnormal at best. They are not meta humans like Nash, Juri, Ken and Ryu and they sure as hell aren't Superhumans like Bison. Akuma, and Gill. Their feats are impressive compared to normal humans. But compared to the heavy hitters in the cast. Their feats are just irrelavent to them.
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,029

None of the characters are normal and all of them have techniques that defy natural physics( Hell Chun and Karin tore through steel doors like they were made of paper). Besides Guile didn't get bodied by anyone really except Nash. He just didn't get to do any kind of shit. Blame the writers. They had their favorites and really messed up story priorities .

When did they tear through steel doors?

1:32:25
    Ok so either the higher ups in Street Fighter are stupidly Marvel levels of OP or power levels and feats contradict each other in this series and characters are weak or strong in situations because the plot demands it. Like how you got a character that can kick down metal doors of its hinges. But can't hang with the other tough guys and gals in a fight?
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,284

When did they tear through steel doors? And Chun-Li and karin are abnormal at best. They are not meta humans like Nash, Juri, Ken and Ryu and they sure as hell aren't Superhumans like Bison. Akuma, and Gill. Their feats are impressive compared to normal humans. But compared to the heavy hitters in the cast. Their feats are just irrelavent to them.

If the SSF4 opening and Chuns SSF4 rival battle mean anything at all then apparently Chun is actually a challenge for Juri by then (the OVA takes place before SSF4). Juri couldn't beat Vega who is apparently pretty equal with Chun. And if the story mode proves anything that Karin can't lose. Apparently not even to Sim or Ken according to the prologues.
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • CityHunterCityHunter Joined: Posts: 121
    Now that I think about SFV story is in many aspect similar to the animated movie
    -Bison is the main villain
    -Guile and Chun li are pretty useless
    -Ryu takes out Bison
    -Alot of the character are completly useless
    -Its super anime
    If you like the movie I dont see why you would not like this one. Its pretty much the same story with some minor change
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,871
    All the cons of the general story mode aside, was anyone else literally freaked out by Urien? He looked and acted like a fucking psychopath who was ready to murder everyone in that hall. I was scared shitless. I never cared much for the guy, but if that's his personality, then we found someone even better than Bison!

Dude, Urien was fucking great in this. Even within his minute of screen time, it was a joy to look at him every single minute of it. I just wish we'll see more if Capcom ever makes a season two of the story mode!
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • SaturiusSaturius Joined: Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    All the cons of the general story mode aside, was anyone else literally freaked out by Urien? He looked and acted like a fucking psychopath who was ready to murder everyone in that hall. I was scared shitless. I never cared much for the guy, but if that's his personality, then we found someone even better than Bison!

Yeah, I liked the sense of dread in the atmosphere whenever he was in a scene. I thought he let Rashid off too easy though after he bodied Nash. I expected him to be a little more threatening and unstable.
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,284
    edited July 2016
    CityHunter wrote: »
    Now that I think about SFV story is in many aspect similar to the animated movie
    -Bison is the main villain
    Unlike in the movie, here he's isn't around enough for it to feel like it.
    -Guile and Chun li are pretty useless
    Guile...yeah the movie didn't do him justice either. But I disagree on the Chun-Li part. She at least gets arguably the best fight scene in the movie and wins.
    -Ryu takes out Bison
    -Alot of the character are completly useless
    -Its super anime

Fair points
    Can my anti air please not trade
    Well she also fight Fang in the end but in both she dosent directly face bison.
    I personnaly think bison is done really well in the story. Even his ''Dead'' is quite dramatic. The final battle could have been better but I think it work. If you liked the animated movie I dont think you will dislike this story mode
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,871
    edited July 2016
    So anyway...

How do you guys feel now that Bison, Charlie and Marz (and maybe FANG?) are officially dead in the Street Fighter canon?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ScotiaScotia There's a good chance I hate your favourite character Joined: Posts: 336
    So anyway...

How do you guys feel now that Bison, Charlie and Marz (and maybe FANG?) are officially dead in the Street Fighter canon?

Glad Bison's dead. Hope he doesn't come back for a while. Charlie's death is sad but it was necessary. Couldn't give a fuck about Marz. Don't think FANG's dead but I hope he is.
    "If I lose today, I can still win tomorrow. -Sean Matsuda

Mains

SF3
    Sean
    Alex
    Ken

SFV
    Ken
    Alex
    Ed

"We await your return, warrior..."
    edited July 2016
    Nash was pretty sure to die same for Bison. I really want to see what Balrog and Vega will do since Rog was working for Urien. I also really want to see more of Ed. Could be something similar to Rock Howard in Garou
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,029
    edited July 2016
    The final battle could have been better but I think it work. If you liked the animated movie I dont think you will dislike this story mode

What if you like Ryu Vs Feilong and Chun Li Vs Vega from the animated movie but you don't really like the final fight? :lol:

Well, ranking the characters from most to least interesting through the story:

-Cammy. Got the most character development, going as far as attacking a policeman and going with her sworn enemy Juri to protect Decapre. In fights, she got fucked to ridiculous extents by Capcom.

-Rashid of the Turbulent Wind. It was great how he was juggling his actions with the hero team and the illuminati team, was a cool guy, was badass when he stopped Urien’s fight and got good development in his final fight against Fang.

-Chun Li. She was there developing Cammy and relating the whole family stuff about Ken, Laura, Sean and Li Fen, cared to save Li Fen, made the first move against Bison’s forces in the game, had some insight about having to act cool… and got robbed off a lot of fights including her final fight against Bison, oh, and had to be saved twice in the story.

-Juri. She was herself and it was cool seeing her interact with other characters in a pacific-aggressive way.

-Ken. He’s a cool character that used his screen time very well, developed through his family, and tried his best on the impossible: developing Ryu.

-Laura. She did nothing, but I think she used her limited screen time relatively well, being very energetic and making ridiculous faces to play frame by frame. Could as well place her several positions below, but I dunno, I laughed, sue me.

-Urien. Didn’t get much time, was a bitch to everyone, didn’t get naked, though.

-Zangief. He muscle powered quite efficiently in his screen time.

-Mika. Was comic relief, got a cool fight against Balrog and wasn’t too annoying.

-Guile. He was the cool head even though he had Charlie in the story. Could have contributed much more to the story, but he was robbed hard, like Cammy and Chun Li, in favor of characters that brought nothing to the story.

-Bison. Had cool moments, but nothing really groundbreaking, and he just had this vague plan to become superstrong through magical emotions.

-Balrog. He did his role. I don’t care about Ed, so this contributes making Balrog indifferent to me in this story.

-FrankenNash. Weird character to rate. In my opinion he shouldn’t have been a thing in the first place, got resurrected just to die again, which was pretty pointless, his character was quite artificial with the gem power and stuff, but once the decision to put him in the story was taken he probably deserved more in his fight against Bison.

-Birdie. Comic relief, didn’t do much.

-Ibuki. Comic relief and kinda annoying. Reminded me of her Pocket Fighter self.

-Dhalsim. Probably not his fault. He got involved in many parts of the plot, and because many story points sucked his role suffered from this and I never cared much for him.

-Vega. Like Balrog, he did his stuff, but he appeared blander and obnoxious by contrast to the interesting Cammy-Juri subplot he interfered with.

-Fang. Comedic villain that was kinda annoying through the whole story.

-Alex. Didn’t do anything interesting (or uninteresting, for that matter), got into a dumb fight with Dhalsim.

-Karin. She took lots of screen time from better developed characters and never did anything interesting. She apparently led the heroes and the Shadaloo investigation better than the guys whose job was exactly that. Was one of the two cancers of the story.

-Ryu. Never got involved nor contributed anything to the story, nor did he do anything interesting. Robbed developed characters from their victory against Bison. He just appeared from nowhere, rekt Necalli, rekt Bison, saved Chun Li and was the biggest cancer in the story.

-Necalli. What a pile of garbage character. He did nothing, the story would be unchanged if he didn’t exist and he failed his one important task: being Ryu’s final rival in order to keep Ryu from robbing the Bison fight from the characters that had actual stories.
  • IkeKimitaIkeKimita Joined: Posts: 6
    IkeKimita wrote: »
    People need to look up the definition of Mary Sue. A lot of you are tossing around the term and don't know what it means.

"The prototypical Mary Sue is an original female character in a fanfic who obviously serves as an idealized version of the author mainly for the purpose of Wish Fulfillment. She's exotically beautiful, often having an unusual hair or eye color, and has a similarly cool and exotic name. She's exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

Sounds like Karin is a Mary Sue to me. Attractive. Had ALL the info that was needed. Gathered everyone. And didn't lose a SINGLE fight in story mode NOR did she break a sweat. If that isn't Mary Sue then you are delusional. I agree with the others. She was cringe worthy in the story. No flaws, no mistakes, just pure perfection. The only bad thing that happened to her was her satellite was shutdown but she didn't seem too upset about it PLUS it didn't deter how she gathered her info. So once again. She's a Mary Sue.

You know she's been that way since Alpha 3, right?

It's like you didn't pay attention. Her character story and Ken shows she holds regular parties and get together among the fighter community. She keeps tabs on anyone that's relevant and has an extensive intelligence network. Karin being able to gather people isn't stretch from what we know before cinematic story. Why would the satellite deter her from getting info? She used it to monitor the Black Moon and it detonated in New York not Japan. Communication on her end wouldn't be affected.

Why is her not losing an issue considering who she fought. Is it beyond Karin's power to beat nameless Shadoloo goon [insert number] and FANG the ultimate jobber? Vega didn't lose to anyone neither. Hell, he shitted on Cammy three times and I don't see anyone bitching about him.

It's getting ridiculous how many people are taking out their story frustrations out on Karin. She's not responsible for the poor treatment some the characters got.

So you're admitting that she is a Mary Sue? Don't really comprehend why you are even arguing if you just admitted that. It's because she's boring. I never said she was the sole problem of story mode. I just hated her perfection. I remember lurking on her and reading what someone said about her prologue about her being perfect and lo and behold it translated straight over into the cinematic story mode. She didn't just fight "random shadoloo goon number 4828373" She fought important people like Rashid. I can't remember who all she fought but my point is. It would have done her character great justice to LOSE. What happens if Karin loses a fight? Nobody knows because she's a Mary Sue. She will never lose.
    I think there was just to much character for only 3 hours. Kind of like mortal kombat 9 where alot of the character are pretty useless
    I think they did pretty well with what they had. It could have been better but it was pretty fun. I think its has good has MKX and MK9 story mode
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,162
    Laura's just........a head scratcher.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,577
    People need to look up the definition of Mary Sue. A lot of you are tossing around the term and don't know what it means.

"The prototypical Mary Sue is an original female character in a fanfic who obviously serves as an idealized version of the author mainly for the purpose of Wish Fulfillment. She's exotically beautiful, often having an unusual hair or eye color, and has a similarly cool and exotic name. She's exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

Sounds like Karin is a Mary Sue to me. Attractive. Had ALL the info that was needed. Gathered everyone. And didn't lose a SINGLE fight in story mode NOR did she break a sweat. If that isn't Mary Sue then you are delusional. I agree with the others. She was cringe worthy in the story. No flaws, no mistakes, just pure perfection. The only bad thing that happened to her was her satellite was shutdown but she didn't seem too upset about it PLUS it didn't deter how she gathered her info. So once again. She's a Mary Sue.

You know she's been that way since Alpha 3, right?

It's like you didn't pay attention. Her character story and Ken shows she holds regular parties and get together among the fighter community. She keeps tabs on anyone that's relevant and has an extensive intelligence network. Karin being able to gather people isn't stretch from what we know before cinematic story. Why would the satellite deter her from getting info? She used it to monitor the Black Moon and it detonated in New York not Japan. Communication on her end wouldn't be affected.

Why is her not losing an issue considering who she fought. Is it beyond Karin's power to beat nameless Shadoloo goon [insert number] and FANG the ultimate jobber? Vega didn't lose to anyone neither. Hell, he shitted on Cammy three times and I don't see anyone bitching about him.

It's getting ridiculous how many people are taking out their story frustrations out on Karin. She's not responsible for the poor treatment some the characters got.

So you're admitting that she is a Mary Sue? Don't really comprehend why you are even arguing if you just admitted that. It's because she's boring. I never said she was the sole problem of story mode. I just hated her perfection. I remember lurking on her and reading what someone said about her prologue about her being perfect and lo and behold it translated straight over into the cinematic story mode. She didn't just fight "random shadoloo goon number 4828373" She fought important people like Rashid. I can't remember who all she fought but my point is. It would have done her character great justice to LOSE. What happens if Karin loses a fight? Nobody knows because she's a Mary Sue. She will never lose.

You're an idiot. Pointing out a characterization she's always had isn't admitting to anything. She was like that in Alpha only arrogant, immature and bitchy. Her losing is what sparked her rivalry with Sakura in the first place. Getting her win back on Sakura and admitting she is the better fighter is what kick started her development into the Karin you see in SFV.

Rashid isn't an impressive victory considering he lost a lot throughout the course of the game. He lost to Ryu, Fang and Juri. You telling me that Karin shouldn't be able to kick his ass too? Karin fought two dolls, a Shadoloo goon, FANG and Rashid. It's not an impressive list of people. She fought stronger people in her prologue.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger