The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Comments

• YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 3,012
    Then again we're probably already putting more thought into Fang and his character and potential for a story arc than Capcom will lol
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,237
    Daemos wrote: »
    Why would Bison hire this turd as his #2?

He is the Captian Ginyu of Street Fighter. I'm suprised his lackeys don't have ridiculous poses and play rock paper scissors.

• bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,095

He is the Captian Ginyu of Street Fighter. I'm suprised his lackeys don't have ridiculous poses and play rock paper scissors.

Well if his lackeys happen to be the characters in the background they seem to be just as wacky as any Ginyu Force.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,793

Street Fighter needs its own Toku Sentai song

Skullo's not doing much these days, maybe he knows a guy lol

Though in SFxTekken, Sakura and Blanka mention a "Red Warrior Bokori Man" so....maybe it's time Sf introduced him? lol
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,367
    Man, Bison must have really not given a shit about Vega or Balrog if he just put Fan second in command. I would have guessed the new order goes Bison > Vega > Balrog > Fan.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 3,012
    Man, Bison must have really not given a shit about Vega or Balrog if he just put Fan second in command. I would have guessed the new order goes Bison > Vega > Balrog > Fan.

To be totally fair, Vega is the top assassin and would give no damns about being in charge...and Balrog would have trouble wielding the patience to over-see making macaroni & cheese let alone running Shadaloo.

I think this might actually be one of the first times we've seen someone designated as being "in command" other than Bison...then again, it is self-proclaimed on Fang's part so who knows? Maybe he is taking over the SIN duties from Seth? That'd make sense.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,495
    Balrog's just a brute. I don't think he even cares. Just tthe $$$$$ is all he wants. Vega......plans to overthrow bison one day. Hell knows when that will happen though.
  • LOVECYCLONELOVECYCLONE Joined: Posts: 172
    I wonder who is V's art director and character designer. Maybe this time there's not a distinct figure like it was in the nineties and in the recent past with Ikeno's IV initial direction.

F.A.N.G. seems interesting. His design has a bit of those Bondian Shadaloo henchmen from Akiman's pen.
  • VolcanickVolcanick Rookie Magic Joined: Posts: 325
    Ono talked about how the story will evolve as time goes on and says "The team has a pretty good idea what you guys expectation are". He says he hopes it doesn't take the full 5,6 or 7 years to fully see, but the fans will get what they want, pretty much what he said. Nothing really of note

Ah! Just as I had hoped for. This also gives me hope that DLC characters will help flesh out the story as time goes on, so people like Sakura, Akuma, etc are strategically coming out at certain times.
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,813
    I hope that Fang's only role in the story is to show up after taunting whoever the main good guy of the story is, talk big, then gets knocked out in one punch, and doesn't show up again.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • johnson.carl96johnson.carl96 King of San Andreas Joined: Posts: 220
    JokeeBoi wrote: »
    Km just gonna bring up again that Birdie's job/affiliation was changed to Kanzuki family freeloader in the latest build. Wonder what the story is there.

Here's Karin's quote to Birdie - "Wake up! I still have 999 fights left to meet today's quota!"

I'm guessing he is Karin's training dummy. In exchange he gets to 'freeload' on the Kanzukis. Well, it's technically not freeloading if he's providing some sort of service to them.
    Eagle called it first: "Another gutter slob looking for a handout, no doubt..."

So I guess the Kanzuki family is a relevant faction now? Right now we are looking to see
    Shadowloo (Bison, Balrog, Vega, Fan)
    Illuminati (Urien, Nash)
    Kanzuki affiliates (Karin, Birdie, Mika)
    anti-Shadowloo squad (Guile, Chun, Cammy)

I feel Juri and Ibuki will find a place among these groups. No Mad Gear makes me :sad:
    So Birdie leaves Shadaloo because he was being used as a test dummy, only to end up as a training dummy for Karin. I guess she feeds him well enough, I can see why someone like Fang would scoff at him. I like the character development for him though, street punk with the flu, turned Shadaloo thug, turned freeloading personal punching bag for Karin Kanzuki. I'd love to see the interactions between these two as they're complete opposites of one another in terms of backgrounds.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
    As Capcom named the first six DLC characters' silhouette, Boxer has a robe dress with an Eye of Providence-like emblem on it. He could have his own agenda working in the shadows for Urien. Guile has an emlbem too on his military jacket.

The new Shadaloo lab stage has exotic fighters training in martial arts, a scientist and an cosmonaut floating around.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,468
    My guess is Fang was probably a typical Shadaloo lackey at some point, but was eventually selected for an experimental procedure that would turn him into a living weapon. This procedure was developed by SIN as the F.A.N.G. project, and was there next step after the BLECE project. Once he was transformed, Bison immediately appointed him as the 2nd in command after seeing his power and enthusiasm to serve him

I'm sure it'll be vastly different in the actual story. I think it's a good start, though.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Ebil-ryuEbil-ryu powered by satsui no hadou Joined: Posts: 9
    edited December 2015
    Now that we have all 16 inicial characters revealed, i believe that the final boss will be bison.
    fang just doesn't feel like he can fit the role... he's a goofy fighter imo and unless he's faking the speech and maneirisms (like tobi in naruto anime) he isn't going to be the boss, but would be awesome if it did turn out to be like that!
    I can imagine him being like how he's presented in the trailer just to piss off Vega...
    Necalli does have that feel though but only if he's in constant ssj mode... which i believe won't happen.
    Bison on the other hand is that bad guy we all know even though he's not the boss in every game he's been, so i guess he's the one who we will face at the end.
    All the other characters just don't have the boss type material in them, unless ryu becomes his other self (which i won't mind at all) and goes out on a rampage...
    But it would be nice, though, to have a secret character as the final boss after all those leaks...
    That would show'em right Ono?
    Please? :p

as for fang's origin... i'm guessing he's a part of an experiment by SIN with some kind of poison contraption like vipers shoes that allowed fire and propulsion and was integrated in bison's ranks after seths betrail and sagat leaving shadoloo...
    I highly doubt we have someone like Akuma waiting. He still needs character art and an announcer voice clip; Capcom would have had to add everything at the last minute, which I doubt they'll do because they already have the DLC characters there.
    I think Balrog probably has this outfit or something similar:
    Street-Fighter-Balrog-USA-Robe-Exclusive-1.jpg
    They probably waited to change Birdie's affiliation because "Kanzuki family freeloader" would have made Karin too obvious. I always thought "Ex-member of Shadowloo" was a really stupid affiliation because it just says who he isn't with.
    edited December 2015
    Someone on the Fang thread made a telling observation concerning Fang. The kanji symbol 貳 on the front of his garb, and 二 on his sleeves stands for "Two". This would make sense as he is now Bison's second in command, but 貳 could also be seen as "betray". Could this allude to Fangs true intentions?

edited December 2015
    Despite his over the top mannerism I think F.A.N.G is the only associate to trust for Dictator. He sounds completely devoted to the cause, plus he's a brainy scientist and more credible than Claw and Boxer. One is an unpredictable narcissistic sociopath and the other's a greedy watchdog -remember that he was hired only to guard Dictator's replacement bodies in IV- always looking for the highest bidder. It's clear that those two don't have any interest in Dictator's world domination philosophy and they are still serving him for their own purposes.

I remember Boxer's line to Seth "I could sell this data for millions! Now, I just need to find a buyer...", talking about all those fighting techniques and secrets acquired. This and the fact he kindapped that young replacement body could be a good nod to his affiliation with the highest bidder of the day: Urien. I never believed the idea that Abel/Seth/Urien/Gill sharing the same moves is just a coincidence. That could be explained by those aforementioned sold data or something similar.
    Post edited by LOVECYCLONE on
  • True TatsuTrue Tatsu Senpuu or Seppuku Joined: Posts: 1,657
    hmm... Fang could be the scientist that eventually creates Necro and develops Twelve; His current gear could be in answer to C.Vipers seemingly superior tech, and his canny design could complement or even contrast other WW too. I would hold off any critical judgements but my initial reaction was this...

If Tao-Pi-Pi was a Disney character, that moved like Voldo, cosplaying as Hsien-Ko, with some of Starscream's mechination, and formerly henched for the Monarch... He'd be almost as complexly inspired as Fang. Weather or not this is a good thing remains to be scene.

p.s. That weapon flapping CA reminded me of Mousse from Ranma1/2 (near sighted amazon male w/ a duck curse who specializes in hidden weapon fighting)
    :sad: tier bending :bluu: the saltiest of techniques :shake:
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,765
    From the looks of that intro it looks like Evil Ryu is still a thing. Also, there's no way Necalli isn't the final boss, at least of season one with how much focus they gave him.
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,856
    Looks like Necalli is targeting Ryu from the opener. Ken is standing in for Guile helping Chun and Cammy deal with Bison.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    So Capcom gave us the opening cinematic for SFV on stream. It's kind of short, it goes like this:
    -Ryu does the pose from the cover
    -Chun, Cammy, and Ken are fighting Bison
    -Hi Necalli
    -Ryu is knocked down
    -Rashid vs Fang
    -More Necalli, the scars on his body glowing in a V shape
    -Cut to logo
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,429
    Necalli devours ryus soul and evil ryu is born... E ryu boss for season 1 confirmed
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,495
    Eagle called it first: "Another gutter slob looking for a handout, no doubt..."

So I guess the Kanzuki family is a relevant faction now? Right now we are looking to see
    Shadowloo (Bison, Balrog, Vega, Fan)
    Illuminati (Urien, Nash)
    Kanzuki affiliates (Karin, Birdie, Mika)
    anti-Shadowloo squad (Guile, Chun, Cammy)

I feel Juri and Ibuki will find a place among these groups. No Mad Gear makes me :sad:

Never, Juri is the wild card. The "ace in the hole". Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss she doesn't need mere peasants! That girl....is alllllllllllllll solo.
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,813
    Ken, Chun, and Cammy fought Bison. Rashid fought Fang. Ryu fought Necalli. Possible that we may have character specific bosses, with Bison being a default final for most of the cast.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • Ebil-ryuEbil-ryu powered by satsui no hadou Joined: Posts: 9
    Ebil-ryu wrote: »
    ... unless ryu becomes his other self (which i won't mind at all) and goes out on a rampage...
    But it would be nice, though, to have a secret character as the final boss after all those leaks...

After watching the trailer now i really want evil ryu to be the boss after that glimpse of ryu's eye turning red...
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,765

For those who missed it.
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,028
    So apparently Satsui no Hado is back yet again
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    If Necalli is the final boss then it's gona be a facepalm. The guy can barely speak as it is. And hopefullly then he gets the seth treatment. The only question remains then is who....who actually beats necalli? I don't see it being ryu.
    Something is odd about ryu's eyes. It couldn't be the SNH since ryu isn't the type to actually let it out from something like this. Doesn't make sense. Then there's gouken sealing it away.

But necalli may somehow be able to draw it out regardless of ryu's will. Who knows but I'm not buying it just yet.