The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,662
    It's kinda sad that the dolls are still around. Why hasn't Cammy saved them yet?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's kinda sad that the dolls are still around. Why hasn't Cammy saved them yet?

When you view things from the actual timeline of the series not a lot of time has passed from Cammy freeing herself to SF5. Especially considering that Shadaloo went dark and the dolls were hidden away in a secret research facility in the mountains until Juri kidnapped them.
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 853
    Agreed with février.

What makes you think about Marz ? Her haircut ?
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
    I dont think she is Marz I know she is Marz. Marz is the only doll with blue/purple hair.
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,708
    I'm sure it is Feviere, März allways carried a Laptop around, Feviere is a small arms expert,mostly carrying a costumized pistole.
    latest?cb=20100114054056
    From the left to the right.
    -Sanatum
    -Noembelu
    -Decapre
    -Enero
    -Feviere
    -März
    -Aprile
    -Satsuki

That Doll in the background is Feviere.
    A character with a Pistol as tool,could be interesting in SF, I liked Eltnum in Uniel.

Hope Cammy can at least free some of the Dolls or at least get Decapre back.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Lili, Josie
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,344
    edited December 2015

I believe they are in S.I.N hands. Except for one Cammy saved. Well, she didn't really save, it was more like a painful gift.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,833

I believe they are in S.I.N hands. Except for one Cammy saved. Well, she didn't really save, it was more like a painful gift.

Juri was getting in the holiday spirit.

0.jpg

What!? It's not the first time.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/11/14/south_korean_womans_first_job_in_canada_is_with_the_santa_claus_parade.html
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,050

Juri be like "Here as a going away present. BONVOYAGE!"
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,596
    For those worried about the length of the opening movie, it was confirmed that it was a teaser.

"Finally, we revealed a teaser for the opening movie for the game. Check it out, as well as a refresher on the starting roster here!"
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel

Juri was getting in the holiday spirit.

0.jpg

What!? It's not the first time.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/11/14/south_korean_womans_first_job_in_canada_is_with_the_santa_claus_parade.html

See? Everyone changes at christmas. Even Juri. She likes to give. That's the spirit. Good old christmas cheer!
    Cipher wrote: »
    I'm sure it is Feviere, März allways carried a Laptop around, Feviere is a small arms expert,mostly carrying a costumized pistole.
    latest?cb=20100114054056
    From the left to the right.
    -Sanatum
    -Noembelu
    -Decapre
    -Enero
    -Feviere
    -März
    -Aprile
    -Satsuki

That Doll in the background is Feviere.
    A character with a Pistol as tool,could be interesting in SF, I liked Eltnum in Uniel.

Hope Cammy can at least free some of the Dolls or at least get Decapre back.

There are two dolls in the background, Fevrier with the guns and Marz with the blue hair.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,488
    So I guess this stage is a hint that Shadowloo has reclaimed at least some of the Dolls? I remember that one Cammy quote:
    "Where is she? Decapre, no, where are all the Dolls?"
    First a comic and now a live action series. Why does Capcom want Nash's story told outside the game?
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,810
    Because contrary to what people would like to believe, there will likely not be a real story mode in the game and it'll just be arcade again, hence why they've been so hush hush on story details. NRS gave out multiple story trailers pre-release because they knew it'd be a selling point. Capcom probably knows their story mode is gonna be half assed though so they'd rather say they have a story mode and not show anything so that people will see it as a selling point, than say "yeah we don't have anything".

Or it could just be that they want to hype him up since he hasn't shown up in over 10 years. Maybe.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
    Daemos wrote: »

There are two dolls in the background, Fevrier with the guns and Marz with the blue hair.
    There're two?
    I saw the trailer more than once and only saw Feviere.
    I need glases.

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,003
    I wish they toned down the cartoon elements in those live-action series. Nash looks pretty dumb with the Frankenstein patches and stitches. It was the same with the previous one; other characters were fine, but Akuma looked like a clown with the make-up and oversized beads.
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,809
    From the dolls I always liked Santamu, Enero and Xiayu most. I wouldn't mind them being in the game at all.
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,021
    bakfromon wrote: »
    So apparently the next Street Fighter live action series is gonna somehow tie into the SFV story. Titled "Resurrection" it will deal with Nash more specifically.

Link

And here I was hoping for Assassin's fist season 2
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    So apparently the next Street Fighter live action series is gonna somehow tie into the SFV story. Titled "Resurrection" it will deal with Nash more specifically.

Link

Apparently that's not coming until 2017 :|
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,021

Link

Apparently that's not coming until 2017 :|

Fuck... Oh well, knowing it's the same team, I'm sure it's gonna be fucking amazing
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 1,969
    mikros wrote: »
    I wish they toned down the cartoon elements in those live-action series. Nash looks pretty dumb with the Frankenstein patches and stitches. It was the same with the previous one; other characters were fine, but Akuma looked like a clown with the make-up and oversized beads.

It's funny you mention this, because even the actor who played the role of Akuma stated in an interview the same exact things you mention about himself looking like a clown with oversized beads. He basically said they all had sell their roles as best they could while staying true to the look of the game, especially in Akuma's case. I think they did an good job overall on that part. I'm pretty sure this will be a bit better than SF4's anime tie in's.
    Also it's titled "Resurrection", so we're obviously gonna see this live-action as well.
    gill-resurrection.gif
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 853
    Daemos wrote: »

There're two?
    I saw the trailer more than once and only saw Feviere.
    I need glases.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/50/1449517850-doll-2.png
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,488
    At the Playstation Experience panel, with Ono, Killian, and Harada, Ono said that he is well aware of our expectations and the faults with previous games in the story department. He emphasized that they want to tell the story over the course of the game's life span, so I think we'll see an evolving central story rather than updated character endings.

The problem with character endings is really notable with SF4. In Vanilla, almost every ending was immediately before, during, or right after the destruction of the SIN base. In Super, they wanted to move past that point and show what happens next; however, you had quite a few characters who just aren't important and may as well not have an ending for how little it tells you, like Dee Jay or Fuerte. You also have a huge disparity in time, with Vega and Bison's endings still happening right around the destruction of SIN, but other endings like Sakura's skip way into the future.
    Cool, I hope 1-2 of them will be playable.
    Decapre allready showed, that having the same Modell means nothing.

And now I saw März on the stage. She looks a little bit cuter than before.

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,809
    Xiayu and Santamu please :D
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
    Decapre with the cyclops mask. One of them became a ninja. Is the one in front with the red short hair a cyborg?
    The ninja looking one is Satsuki, the Japanese katana wielder, and the other I think is Aprile the medic.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
    T-hawk wrote: »
    Street Fighter Unlimited #1 is launching tomorrow. First review is up at: http://hadoken.net/street-fighter-unlimited-1-review/

Not sure if any of the new SFv characters story will be featured there.

Is Juri in it?
    Once Juri is a confirmed character I'm curious to role. I highly doubt she's still with Shadowloo. I would have made her the fourth king over FANG. Juri's character doesn't gel well with the intentions of the Illuminati. It would be cool if she stuck out on her own.

She tried. She, Chun Li, Guile and all 12 dolls got bodied by Juri.
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,810
    At the Playstation Experience panel, with Ono, Killian, and Harada, Ono said that he is well aware of our expectations and the faults with previous games in the story department. He emphasized that they want to tell the story over the course of the game's life span, so I think we'll see an evolving central story rather than updated character endings.
    He can acknowledge it, but until I see improvement, I wont set myself up for disappointment.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • johnson.carl96johnson.carl96 King of San Andreas Joined: Posts: 220
    Once Juri is a confirmed character I'm curious to role. I highly doubt she's still with Shadowloo. I would have made her the fourth king over FANG. Juri's character doesn't gel well with the intentions of the Illuminati. It would be cool if she stuck out on her own.

Why would Bison ask her to join Shadaloo when he knows she hates him for killing her parents?

Juri's goals were never the same as Seth's either. If the UDON characterization is anything to go by, she needs somebody to direct her. She revels in the bloodshed, the 'to whom' and 'for whom' doesn't really matter to her. She also tends to get bored if she is idle or sent on easy missions. The Illuminati could still employ her as a paid mercenary. I could see her being a part of Urien's subfaction in the Illuminati, he doesn't care about the whole benevolent messiah thing either.

That is not exactly true.
    Chun got bodied,Guile too, every time Cammy attacked Juri, she just used Juni as shield.
    Juri attacked also every Doll one by one, Cammy had to fight all 12 at once in Alpha3 and still won.
    Yet Bison said at one point that all 12 Dolls together are strong enough to defeat him.
    Bison and Juri fought in the S.I.N Facility in the end of SFIV and from what I know defeated Bison her with ease.

Juris FSE is also a unfinished prototype that stops working from time to time or deactivates randomly if she gets hit. It also turns itself of if Psycho Power hits Juri, because it would overload the FSE, what would lead to a explosion.

The "save" Dolls are Juni and Juli.
    Juni woke up in the military hospital in London.
    Juli lost her humanity,doesn't speaks,eats or shows emotions. T.Hawk got her back in the of SFIV.

Summary: Juri didn't fight the Dolls at their full strengh, Guile and Chun are weak, Bison doesn't care about Juri and Cammy rather lose a fight than hurting a friend.

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,806
    Ken can beat Juri, lel
  • KoumoriKoumori Chun-Li is my waifu Joined: Posts: 283
    edited December 2015
    Cammy lost to C. Viper, whom which Ken tanked a lightning punch from. Only other point of reference for Juri's power level besides beating up three geeks is that she probably couldn't take Seth or Bison 1 on 1 or she would have tried before pitting them against each other. So how would Ken fair against them? Eh, who knows.

Anyways, IMO Ken KOs Juri 2 rounds with no losses, but it won't be as easy as reading a flowchart.
    PSN: IR_Baboon2
    CFN: DarkMenstrual

Why would Bison ask her to join Shadaloo when he knows she hates him for killing her parents?

Juri's goals were never the same as Seth's either. If the UDON characterization is anything to go by, she needs somebody to direct her. She revels in the bloodshed, the 'to whom' and 'for whom' doesn't really matter to her. She also tends to get bored if she is idle or sent on easy missions. The Illuminati could still employ her as a paid mercenary. I could see her being a part of Urien's subfaction in the Illuminati, he doesn't care about the whole benevolent messiah thing either.

She did team with Bison in SFxT. Yea it's not canon but it shows that working with Bison isn't out of the realm of possibility.

A partnership with Urien would-be neat. Someone gonna maintain that eye of hers.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,344
    edited December 2015

That is not exactly true.
    Chun got bodied,Guile too, every time Cammy attacked Juri, she just used Juni as shield.
    Juri attacked also every Doll one by one, Cammy had to fight all 12 at once in Alpha3 and still won.
    Yet Bison said at one point that all 12 Dolls together are strong enough to defeat him.
    Bison and Juri fought in the S.I.N Facility in the end of SFIV and from what I know defeated Bison her with ease.

Juris FSE is also a unfinished prototype that stops working from time to time or deactivates randomly if she gets hit. It also turns itself of if Psycho Power hits Juri, because it would overload the FSE, what would lead to a explosion.

The "save" Dolls are Juni and Juli.
    Juni woke up in the military hospital in London.
    Juli lost her humanity,doesn't speaks,eats or shows emotions. T.Hawk got her back in the of SFIV.

Summary: Juri didn't fight the Dolls at their full strengh, Guile and Chun are weak, Bison doesn't care about Juri and Cammy rather lose a fight than hurting a friend.

What? She only "shielded" herself with Juni once and it was to spite Cammy. It's not like she needs it.
    There's no indication Juri attacked dolls one by one. The scene begins with S.I.N. henchmen taking dolls one right after the other, and then we see dolls beaten up lying on the ground almost next to each other. I doubt there was a break between fights. And then Juri fought the last two dolls at the same time. They were hiding in their secret base, why wouldn't they be at "full strength"?

Can you show me where Bison defeated Juri with ease?

source

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    Bison didn't defeat Juri because the evidence suggests that they didn't even fight during their encounter.
    This will need time now. I have to retranslate everything back from german to english.
    It wasn't easy to translate it from japanese into german in the first place, took me allmost a year for it.

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,688
    God no no more of those fucking characters.
    So boring.

But without a doubt they'll just throw a few in before any of the more interesting characters.

Or include them at the very end of the games life. And have it be like oh shittt illuminati is taking over, and (even though time wise this doesn't necessarily make sense but maybe it does, capcom, retcon, etc.) have them skewered by Twelve and his bros.

That'd an acceptable appearance for them.
    Play more.
  • Time MageTime Mage Viewtiful! Joined: Posts: 271 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So, how powerful should we consider Juri to be, storyline-wise? Current Ryu level? Maybe not that much?
    "News flash, big guy: You can wax on, wax off all you want, I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,860
    So I just read the Udon Street Fighter unlimited #1 that came out today. I am a noob to this plot line, not sure how it fits in much or what preceded it in the previous issues but this is basically what happened:
    It starts with the recap of Ryu and his struggle with E Ryu. It shows Sakura trying to beat Satui no Hado out of him and getting her ass beat, Ken meets the same fate as well. Then Gouken shows up and tries to beat/school the evil out of Ryu. Ryu while beating Goukens ass comes to a realization that Akuma was right, then he kills Gouken.

Next Ryu is seen meditating near a river contemplating on E Ryu and how he can get rid of it... if he can get rid of it. Ken comes up, they chat them Ryu reveals that he is looking for guidance from Sagat. Ken gets pissed and leaves, Sagat shows up, they train and Sagat tells him along the lines of you are already a demon, you just don't want to admit it. They make references to the scares on each others body, How Sagat left the evil behind (presumably his exit from Shadowloo) so on. Ryu walks away and says he needs to meet the only person who knew Gouken better then himself. It ends with him walking up to a house on a hill.

Then it cuts to the new shadowloo headquarters and It seems that Bison is dead, or no longer with Shadowloo or something, there is someone in Bisons chair, he is a shadowy figure so you can't make out any features but he wears Bisons hat. Vega summons him and says they caught someone trying to sneak into the compound, they walk down the hallway and Chun Li is tied up in a chair. Then it ends.

The very end has a short story featuring Alex and Haggar, nothing to do with the previous story. Balrog and Guile are featured on the cover of next months addition.

Characters featured in the comic are: Ken, Ryu, Gill, Akuma, Gouken, Gen, Sakura, Sagat, Dhalsim, the mysterious Bison stand in and Alex and Haggar in the short story at the end.

Does anyone know how these comics fit into the story, if they fit into the story? It was my first SF comic and I will say it has pretty good artwork and the story wasn't too terribly bad.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    I would put Juri on Ken or Nash level at most while using her eye device. She was already a high caliber fighter before receiving her enhancements. She was 15 at the time she became prominent within taekwondo, so she probably had crazy fighting potential like Sakura or Karin.

• VolcanickVolcanick Rookie Magic Joined: Posts: 325
    Oh man. If that comic is where the story for the game is going in the future color me excited. Where does one acquire this comic?
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,860
    Volcanick wrote: »
    Oh man. If that comic is where the story for the game is going in the future color me excited. Where does one acquire this comic?

I got it just from a local comic book shop, The owner said he only had one copy that wasn't accounted for, Udon isn't extremely popular so he barely ordered any for this month. I put my name down so he will hold every months edition for me when it comes in. I am sure you can read it online somewhere but I think I will collect this series and I prefer to have an actually copy in from of me when I read.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    Time Mage wrote: »
    So, how powerful should we consider Juri to be, storyline-wise? Current Ryu level? Maybe not that much?

FSE Juri would probably at least rank as high as SF4 Ryu who singlehandedly beat Seth. What's interesting about her is that she can simultaneously be of one of the strongest and the weakest characters of the game thanks to that eye of hers. One can argue that one good blow to the face could defeat her, but that would be difficult to achieve for most Street Fighters.