The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,048
    bakfromon wrote: »
    I'll take this representation of El Gado any day over Final Fight Revenge.
    rolento-and-goons.png
    Good ol' classic Bengus, never goes wrong.

I agree, character's best rendition. The illustration is from designer Akemi Iwasaki.

I just assume all SF art is from Bengus until proven otherwise.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,271
    edited November 2016
    Frágment wrote: »
    Is Zangief more powerful than Haggar?

Yes.
    But i could see them making Haggar beat him by brain/technique, because in the past capcom used Gief as everyone's douchebag

But in theory yes.

He's bigger, heavier, stronger, tougher and his daily training is wander trought siberia in speedo slamming fucking gigantic russian bears

Haggar was a wrestler of WCA, Zangief was considered so powerful/dangerous to be banned from it

Zangief is one of the very most powerful wrestlers of Capcom world, if not the strongest
    Is Ortega more powerful than Zangief?

Ortega is another beast, but i think he's the 4th in terms of power.

I think top 3 is Zangief, Hugo and Bratken

Do you think Ortega could beat Antonov from KOF?

I don't know, but as general rule SF universe is 75% more badass than KoF (saving few exceptions who deserved better)

Also Antonov as direct nemesis remind me more SFV Urien, who will give him the worst beating of his life =)
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,764
    It's akuma. It's the same thing that happened with decapres reveal. Downplayed it then WHAM!!!!
  • RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 940
    Apparently Ono still resents media since those catastrophic Laura's spoilers one year ago.
    Bring Rose back, Capcom!
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,408
    Speculators is went vague.. because they are not to justifying it to be a character

Some thinks it's an Arcade mode with Akuma as boss because it about "Playable" in PSX, other thinks it's part of a new stage KO or just an alternate. While some thinks it is part of a new season? or worst an Alt for monster hunter...

I tried to watch the teaser again, the voice is clearly from Akuma/Shin not from Evil Ryu, Ono would blow people away(mix reactions) if it's a new expansion patch or a retitled/renamed SF5?

Or they would give a character but they would reveal a trailer for Akuma lol
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Inb4 Akuma in King of Fighters XIV!

That is forgivable than just another monster hunter alt or a stage ko.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • JustBrowsingJustBrowsing Joined: Posts: 11
    I can see a cut-down arcade mode being playable at PSX - it's a PlayStation show, rather than a tournament and they'll have the eyes and ears of people who didn't buy SFV owing to the lack of arcade mode.

For the main part, we're the people interested in new characters, and I think we'll possibly get our Akuma announcement after CPT finals. Two different things, two announcements: arcade mode, Akuma.

Am I expecting too much? Yeah, I'm expecting too much.
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 631
    Dammit, Ono and his "mindgames". I agree with D Dark, let's kidnap that fucking Blanka.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Reality-Ultron/Chun, Time-Ultron/Chun, Power-Ultron/Ryu
    DBZ: Trunks/Piccolo/Yamcha
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,707
    I dig this mystery as long as the payoff is great. I tend to find Ono's enthusiasm infectious. So as long as the announcement is something like season 2, arcade mode, a new vs game or something of the sort, count me in!
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,271
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    What really is gonna happen:

PlayStation is doing its PSX thing
    Now it comes to the fighting games
    SNK shows costumes
    Namco announces new character
    Capcom's turn
    Dark room
    Ono comes out on stage
    says some gibberish in awful engrish
    prepares the crowd for trailer
    the room goes dark again
    Capcom logo
    AKUMA IN FANTASY STRIKE HOLY SHIT
    Ono comes back
    SANK YU EVRYWAN, NAO DO THE SHORYUKEN

Can fantasy strike take sakura too? That will be like 2 good news
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,654
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    This is dumb. Regardless of what the announcement is, the way Ono is doing it is pissing casuals the fuck off. People do NOT want to be yanked around anymore by SFV and they need to earn some good will.

This is NOT doing that.

The casuals don't give a fuck about SFV anymore, and Capcom won't bring them back. All they can do now is at least keep their current hardcore audience playing, expand the competitive scene, etc

If those leave - SFV is done for. That's why I keep saying that Season 2 and whatever changes, content, characters Capcom is (hopefully) brining in 2017 have to be BIG, otherwise RIP fighting games
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • TrueBackLashTrueBackLash And then there was one. Joined: Posts: 316
    I hope fighting games don't die, thoe are the only games I am able to play for long periods of time when I work.
    Ultra SRK Signature 3 EX plus Alpha: Online Mouse Generation
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,945
    I mean, you CAN rely on the hardcore audience if you go in with that as a factor in your budgeting. Did Capcom do that? I mean, so many corners have been cut, it might be plausible.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    What if Oni turns out to be partly canon, but an encounter with Necalli drains Akuma's power enough to revert back to his 3S self? That would make his CFN artwork valid without conflicting with his 3S appearance.

The alt color of Shin Gouki in Third Strike looks like Oni
  • FrágmentFrágment Joined: Posts: 536
    edited November 2016
    Final Fight will never "return" to its former glory. It was never an important Capcom franchise, their only truly "succesful", AAA game was the first one, the rest were just lesser games for the Super Nintendo.
  • TrueBackLashTrueBackLash And then there was one. Joined: Posts: 316
    Ultra SRK Signature 3 EX plus Alpha: Online Mouse Generation
  • FrágmentFrágment Joined: Posts: 536
    or Voldo
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,651
    edited November 2016
    bakfromon wrote: »
    Apparently, murder is his art.
    "He's about to paint his masterpiece."
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,200
    The idea of a Jack the Ripper type of guy roaming the streets standing over 7ft tall is frightening as fuck. Mad Gear doesn't care who they allow into their circle.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo