The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Comments

• DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,768
    edited December 2016
    I like the idea of French Savate fighter but the two concepts they showed could use work IMO.

If they dropped the heels from the second design and gave her more practical footwear it would work. It's stupid to have her wear armor for functionality and opts for heels.
    I love the first one. I like the idea that she's an antique dealer and the armor pieces she wears are presumably antique.

I just don't like the hair style.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,189
    SGS being revealed to be multiple punches is pretty bogus. This dude supposedly sinks entire islands with a single strike yet he needs more than one to kill humans?

I don't know what's worse the revelation or the fact most of you are happy about this? There's no way Boss Mode Bison would be killed by that and Gen's encounter in which he supposedly tanked the technique is far less impressive.

Lol carry on.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,496
    SGS being revealed to be multiple punches is pretty bogus. This dude supposedly sinks entire islands with a single strike yet he needs more than one to kill humans?

I don't know what's worse the revelation or the fact most of you are happy about this? There's no way Boss Mode Bison would be killed by that and Gen's encounter in which he supposedly tanked the technique is far less impressive.

Lol carry on.

The most brutal Shun Goku Satsu belongs to Alpha Generations. Not only does the SNH literally killed everything living around it, the Shun Goku Satsu is outright nasty in that anime. The intro is the best part of that movie.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 3,845
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    SGS being revealed to be multiple punches is pretty bogus.

Nothing is really "revealed" in an artificially slowed and altered video...

The real SGS is the one you see in game, which is (like always) mostly shrouded in darkness.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,035
    edited December 2016

They are strong humans, though.

And I'd assume that each punch in a barrage is naturally weaker than one single, charged-up punch. Maybe he wouldn't even be able to hit a moving target with the super duper mountain breaking puch.
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,476 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2016
    Additionally, power levels displayed in-game are not truly representative of the character's potential. Gameplay does not equal lore.

Case-in-point, Akuma's CA is totally different in power levels in-game compared to his SSF4 ending. Even though they are the same exact technique.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,002
    So do you think Akuma killing G means that the dicease has finally caught up to him? After all, he's been trying to sustain his body for many years now, and his SFIV ending already implied he was rather weakened and it was only a matter of time before he finally goes into the otherworld

With that in mind, I do believe it makes sense for G to die now, it's just the delivery was really fucking bollocks and should not have happened like that during a mere sidestory
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,577
    SGS being revealed to be multiple punches is pretty bogus.

To be honest i ever tought that the dark was to add mistery, as Gouki hit secret point of pressure and shit
    something like
    kenjagi0ez3tg.gif

I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

With that in mind, I do believe it makes sense for G to die now, it's just the delivery was really fucking bollocks and should not have happened like that during a mere sidestory

Tbh it will be cool if they rework a bit Gen's SF4's model and add that scene in Cinematic 2nd chapter, so all the whining can end and we can enjoy a new Gato-like char :D

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,576
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, the SGS being just a lot of punches and nothing else ruins my childhood fantasies of what Akuma might be doing in the dark as he performed the move. And what came of Gen emptying his soul in order to avoid getting harmed by it? Was he simply blocking the initial punch so Akuma couldn't keep punching him? And the way Akuma deals the blow on Gen in his story looks very similar to the initial hit of the SGS (SFV version). What changed? The man known for being able to stand proudly against the SGS got killed by it in the end? Damn, this game sure debunked lots of SF mysteries, but it a very, very bad way.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
    Daemos wrote: »

1- But of course then we have his fight with Ryu which goes against this? Why? Clearly because Akuma isn't as evil as he would have us believe or as he's willing to admit. Just like Darth Vader, there is a part of him that is still irrevocably human, even good, and by god, Akuma is Ryu's father! The fact that Akuma spared Ryu and sought to meet him again at the end of Ryu's journey shows that the character is NOT two dimensional. He is not PURE evil (like Bison :heart: ), but he really really wants to be. But - he won't ever be. Not until he kills his son will he truly forsake his humanity. So long as Ryu is alive, Akuma will never become Oni. His path will never reach its full potential and all would've been for NOTHING.

2- Mark my words, Ryu will save him from himself in his darkest hour. It will be Star Wars all over again, and it will be glorious!

I agree on rest, so i focus just on these two

1- This is some explanation, if Akuma know to be Ryu's daddy all you said stay standing.

But another explanation may be that Gen had nothing more to give.
    Gen gave Akuma everything and more.
    Ryu have still a looong path before reach his full potential as fighter.

Akuma killing him now will deprive himself of one of the best challenges in his life... and if current Ryu is no match for you, you don't have many worthy challengers on the entire planet.

Actually it can even be a mix of both things.

2- Yeah, but imho Ryu will save him by killing him.
    Like they trade the last punch, with Ryu one connecting.
    Then for few seconds before death "human Akuma" will be awaken (maybe we will even see him without red eyes shit) and say some wannabe dem feels father-son-thankyou.
    Then die finally in peace.

For how i see it Ryu will develop ever more the ability to destroy negative energy, and by that
    day, Akuma will have gone too far to survive without it.

But he will be fine with that because at that point seeing Ryu greatness he will understand to have been wrong all that time.

Ryu will become the "divine warrior" Gen is speaking about, and the Divine Fist is gonna whoop that Oni Fist

• gian2412gian2412 sorry for my English. Joined: Posts: 394
    I wanted to discuss Akuma's story mode earlier in light of some of the comments made here but didn't have the time then.

Re: Quality

I'm not gonna take a shit on Capcom over this. In the context of this game and of the last 2 entries in the series, SF5's character stories are an improvement. They are far from perfect but they are effective and obviously planned out in relation to one another. The artwork is endearing, cheap but rather unique in its own way, and effective to say the least at relating to us what we need to know. Sure the dialogue could've better here and there, but compared to the overall quality of the story telling in the series, Akuma's character story among many is decent. It's fine. It's maybe even good. But nothing else. I'm over complaining about the quality, I'm not gonna pretend that SF has ever been a paragon of story telling. I hope it will be one day, maybe it will get there slow, or maybe it won't ever. I'm not waiting for it to be though. The simple story telling with supplemental material kept me here for decades. It's simple yes, but the lore leaves enough to the imagination, regardless of whether it is intentional or because of negligence, to make me enjoy it endlessly.

Re: Akuma's plot

We knew that Gen's time was coming when Capcom released info on his disciple. I shilled the fuck out for Gen and defended him to no end, but Gen dying to Akuma is second only to Gen living forever like Oro IMO (which I still and forever will prefer). It wasn't handled perfectly but what was in this game again? Exactly. Let me say this again, I DO NOT WANT GEN TO DIE! But if he did die, for whatever purpose, Akuma was the only one worthy of killing him and this is according to Gen himself. It's hard to hate a character death when said character literally sought it for all his time in the plot. Gen actually succeeded and got what he wanted. Shouldn't we be happy for him? This isn't like Bison dying because Bison actually wants to live forever. And will!

Now let's move on to something equally important - Akuma actually killing Gen perfectly exemplifies the difference in his character since the Alpha days. Akuma is a "demon" now and his moral compass is all over the place. He doesn't care about the sick or the weak, he will kill you if you get in his way and he prides himself over this evolution. Akuma killing Gen this time around is -wait for it- character development!

But of course then we have his fight with Ryu which goes against this? Why? Clearly because Akuma isn't as evil as he would have us believe or as he's willing to admit. Just like Darth Vader, there is a part of him that is still irrevocably human, even good, and by god, Akuma is Ryu's father! The fact that Akuma spared Ryu and sought to meet him again at the end of Ryu's journey shows that the character is NOT two dimensional. He is not PURE evil (like Bison :heart: ), but he really really wants to be. But - he won't ever be. Not until he kills his son will he truly forsake his humanity. So long as Ryu is alive, Akuma will never become Oni. His path will never reach its full potential and all would've been for NOTHING.

Mark my words, Ryu will save him from himself in his darkest hour. It will be Star Wars all over again, and it will be glorious!

I have no problem with Gen dying, in fact it is necessary for a story that characters die and REMAIN death otherwise the concept of death is trivialized (Looking at you Dragon Ball); death is the last and unchanging tragedy that can happen to anyone, my problem is his not inclusion as a playable character. If he is dead as I already said this is the equivalent of killing a character off-screen.

If he had been playable in the game accompanied by his pupil, in the same way that Rashid was by Azam would have been a worthy way of treating his death that way it would have been shocking to see him die and introducing someone who could take his place in the future.

Bison's buffs I want. 1)Reliable AA. 2)Ex.Inferno invincible reversal (VT-Ex.Headpress suck!!!) 3)Airborne Scissors, 4)Slide safe at maximum range. DLC season 3: Rose, Oro, Sodom and Garuda (almost impossible the last one but a man can dream). Bison's cape and his SFA3 theme.
    edited December 2016
    Cestus wrote: »
    1- This is some explanation, if Akuma know to be Ryu's daddy all you said stay standing.

nF3quRA.png

Capcom have been dropping hints of this for ages. Most recently in Akuma's prologue when Ryu wanted to ask Akuma a "question"; fucking teasers!. Prior to this, I believe Ryu's first scene where he talks about the mysteries of his childhood in TTTB lends itself to Capcom setting up this plot point. Based on the way Capcom writes its stories and connects ideas to one another, I am almost certain that Akuma is the father. The idea of Akuma being Ryu's daddy in the Expanded Universe has been floating for some time now, so really it is only a matter of time. SF6 will be the game.

But you're also right in that Akuma would rather let Ryu live so he can get the ultimate battle down the lane. In the same way Bison was pushing Ryu to see if he will become stronger.

• Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 1,754
    Yea... not very happy about the direction Capcom has decided to go with Gouki.
    He was never supposed to be a demon.
    He always had principles and a warrior code. Killing a sick old man... c'mon man
    But then at the same time shows kindness to ryu after beating his ass? wtf

I miss the old days when he just wanted an opponent strong enough for a fight to the death. And where the hell was Gouken?

Meh, whatever. At least he whooped Necalli's ass.
    Fucking skrub
    Welcome back King of Muay Thai.
    Hurry up and release the DMCV trailer capcom/sony.
    edited December 2016
    Yea... not very happy about the direction Capcom has decided to go with Gouki.
    He was never supposed to be a demon.
    He always had principles and a warrior code. Killing a sick old man... c'mon man

People change, and the path Akuma walks on is one that consumes. We knew that from the beginning, why are you acting surprised? Also that sick old man in all his frailty was a god of Street Fighting, he died like a warrior.
    gian2412 wrote: »
    I wanted to discuss Akuma's story mode earlier in light of some of the comments made here but didn't have the time then.

Re: Quality

I'm not gonna take a shit on Capcom over this. In the context of this game and of the last 2 entries in the series, SF5's character stories are an improvement. They are far from perfect but they are effective and obviously planned out in relation to one another. The artwork is endearing, cheap but rather unique in its own way, and effective to say the least at relating to us what we need to know. Sure the dialogue could've better here and there, but compared to the overall quality of the story telling in the series, Akuma's character story among many is decent. It's fine. It's maybe even good. But nothing else. I'm over complaining about the quality, I'm not gonna pretend that SF has ever been a paragon of story telling. I hope it will be one day, maybe it will get there slow, or maybe it won't ever. I'm not waiting for it to be though. The simple story telling with supplemental material kept me here for decades. It's simple yes, but the lore leaves enough to the imagination, regardless of whether it is intentional or because of negligence, to make me enjoy it endlessly.

Re: Akuma's plot

We knew that Gen's time was coming when Capcom released info on his disciple. I shilled the fuck out for Gen and defended him to no end, but Gen dying to Akuma is second only to Gen living forever like Oro IMO (which I still and forever will prefer). It wasn't handled perfectly but what was in this game again? Exactly. Let me say this again, I DO NOT WANT GEN TO DIE! But if he did die, for whatever purpose, Akuma was the only one worthy of killing him and this is according to Gen himself. It's hard to hate a character death when said character literally sought it for all his time in the plot. Gen actually succeeded and got what he wanted. Shouldn't we be happy for him? This isn't like Bison dying because Bison actually wants to live forever. And will!

Now let's move on to something equally important - Akuma actually killing Gen perfectly exemplifies the difference in his character since the Alpha days. Akuma is a "demon" now and his moral compass is all over the place. He doesn't care about the sick or the weak, he will kill you if you get in his way and he prides himself over this evolution. Akuma killing Gen this time around is -wait for it- character development!

But of course then we have his fight with Ryu which goes against this? Why? Clearly because Akuma isn't as evil as he would have us believe or as he's willing to admit. Just like Darth Vader, there is a part of him that is still irrevocably human, even good, and by god, Akuma is Ryu's father! The fact that Akuma spared Ryu and sought to meet him again at the end of Ryu's journey shows that the character is NOT two dimensional. He is not PURE evil (like Bison :heart: ), but he really really wants to be. But - he won't ever be. Not until he kills his son will he truly forsake his humanity. So long as Ryu is alive, Akuma will never become Oni. His path will never reach its full potential and all would've been for NOTHING.

Mark my words, Ryu will save him from himself in his darkest hour. It will be Star Wars all over again, and it will be glorious!

I have no problem with Gen dying, in fact it is necessary for a story that characters die and REMAIN death otherwise the concept of death is trivialized (Looking at you Dragon Ball); death is the last and unchanging tragedy that can happen to anyone, my problem is his not inclusion as a playable character. If he is dead as I already said this is the equivalent of killing a character off-screen.

His pupil is coming and his character story will likely expand on Gen's life during the SF5 timeline. Gen's inclusion as a playable character while epic in and of itself, is not necessary especially if we are on the verge of introducing his protege.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 3,008
    Yeah, the SGS being just a lot of punches and nothing else ruins my childhood fantasies of what Akuma might be doing in the dark as he performed the move. And what came of Gen emptying his soul in order to avoid getting harmed by it? Was he simply blocking the initial punch so Akuma couldn't keep punching him? And the way Akuma deals the blow on Gen in his story looks very similar to the initial hit of the SGS (SFV version). What changed? The man known for being able to stand proudly against the SGS got killed by it in the end? Damn, this game sure debunked lots of SF mysteries, but it a very, very bad way.

Honest question...

Have you missed EVERYTHING I've ever said about the SGS and Mu no Ken?

"Emptying soul" is using Mu No Ken. It's a garbage translation of "achieving nothingness" or "divesting the self".

This has been explained multiple times in this thread, in the original story thread and in a Fan Fic Library stand-alone post by yours truly. I can link if you've honestly never seen any of this stuff.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,189
    edited December 2016
    There's nothing bogus about it. The lure of the SGS isn't that it's just a bunch of punches. Akuma striking his opponent with powerful strikes everywhere in less than a second. Imagine the Flash running around you while punching you in full speed. That's what the SGS is.

It should've stayed a mystery then. The lure was that no one was certain what was happening.

And I'd assume that each punch in a barrage is naturally weaker than one single, charged-up punch. Maybe he wouldn't even be able to hit a moving target with the super duper mountain breaking puch.

No. You can't say the punches are naturally weaker yet the technique itself is a certain death. Everything about how the technique is played out in game leads one to believe that is powerful. From the amount of HP it takes away and how everything goes black because you're not supposed to know wtf just hit you.
    To be honest i ever tought that the dark was to add mistery, as Gouki hit secret point of pressure and shit
    something like
    kenjagi0ez3tg.gif

Tbh honest Gen is the closest thing we should get to someone emulating the Hokuto Shin Ken style of fighting. Akuma/Gouki is a savage with some sense of pride as he doesn't really pick on or kill the weak. He's not going to be concerned with pressure points.

Also he is tagging the opponent with a lot of head blows and if he is a fast as the SGS leads one to believe he should have very little issue with Oro using one arm >_>...I guess we know why he couldn't kill Bison and a sickly Gen.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
    One thing that shouldn't be overlooked is Gen's relationship with Chun's dad. He possibly held the key to his story, his whereabouts, or ultimate fate. With his passing we may never know the truth...

Until Q joins the fray that is...

>_>

<_<

>_>
    Cestus wrote: »

1- Capcom have been dropping hints of this for ages.

2- But you're also right in that Akuma would rather let Ryu live so he can get the ultimate battle down the lane. In the same way Bison was pushing Ryu to see if he will become stronger.

1- I actually believe he's Ryu's dad, even without hints... imho is just the obvious "secret" spine of the whole Ryu saga.
    Ryu it's so much Jon Snow lol
    The fact that Ryu live so passively and disprect his SNH ever looked to me as something he had inherited.
    Akuma look like the type of dude that searched and activated it (or got lured into it by the power itself), but Ryu seem just have it because he's born with it.

Wich also is huge part of Akuma interest on him... aside being the father, aside see in Ryu a good challenge and a SNH user, he seem curious to see the true potential of somebody BORN with the SNH, maybe he even fear that this make Ryu a superior candidate to become the "Oni warrior" he dream to become one day.
    Wich is also the reason of his anger when he see Ryu refuse to train it, and even go in the opposite direction.
    That before, now they split like

Ryu "one day we will punch each other hard as fuck in the face because that's how we roll"
    Akuma "fuck it, that's my son"

This last new "friendly" turn seem him accepting Ryu's choice of path (as Ryu is now a man, not the "kid" of alpha days) and see where will bring him, and if it will truly make Ryu able to offer the ultimate fight he promised.
    He also seem confident that it will be worth the wait

2- Yeah, i really think it's a mix of things

There's nothing bogus about it. The lure of the SGS isn't that it's just a bunch of punches. Akuma striking his opponent with powerful strikes everywhere in less than a second. Imagine the Flash running around you while punching you in full speed. That's what the SGS is.

It should've stayed a mystery then. The lure was that no one was certain what was happening.

No. You can't say the punches are naturally weaker yet the technique itself is a certain death. Everything about how the technique is played out in game leads one to believe that is powerful. From the amount of HP it takes away and how everything goes black because you're not supposed to know wtf just hit you.
    something like
    kenjagi0ez3tg.gif

Tbh honest Gen is the closest thing we should get to someone emulating the Hokuto Shin Ken style of fighting. Akuma/Gouki is a savage with some sense of pride as he doesn't really pick on or kill the weak. He's not going to be concerned with pressure points.
    Lol, i loved this shit
    street_fighter_4_gen_vs_chun_li_by_themilkguy-d7bogmf.gif

But also Akuma seem to me the super technical dude, even if he's more brutal and physical

Imagine the two brothers of Ken, Raoh (Akuma) and Toki (Gen)

Toki is far more technical, elegant and far prefer precision over power, Raoh look like a barbaric brute warrior king that just smash fools with his watermelon size fist

But truth is that Raoh was a great Hokuto Master too, and when he is'nt smashing minions (or don't let his gigantic horse stomp them) he EVER strike using Hokuto pressure points too

Proof of that is that Raoh ducked Souther*, because of his secret (Souther got heart on the right, so all points were reversed) that made pressure points techniques useless on him

If Raoh was all about brute force he will have destroyed Souther (who was much smaller, Ken size)

Ironically also Toki is a dying terminal diseased man (nuclear radioactivity gave him cancer), and in his ultimate duel Raoh chose to not take his life
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjcSAUZFyLJ9_AGuFV2I9Oak1dZXhIWSqiwd2tjGs7Nr5LlYnR
    Wich may had gave them the idea, HNK had huge impact on SF since beginning

* Speaking of Raoh/Souther episodes, another cool thing is that this pic of Bison
    2mewhz8.png
    ever reminded me Raoh at 1:15

• YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 3,008
    Raoh is absolutely the progenitor of original Bison right down to being born under a tyrannical star.

Souther is the man, though. My fav character in all HnK (and inspiration for both Geese Howard and Urien)
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
    edited December 2016
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Raoh is absolutely the progenitor of original Bison right down to being born under a tyrannical star.

Souther is the man, though. My fav character in all HnK (and inspiration for both Geese Howard and Urien)

For how i see it
    Character that got kinda clear HNK influence

Ryu- Kenshiro
    Ken- Rei
    Dictator- Raoh
    Gouken- Master Ryuken
    Akuma - Kaioh and Raoh
    Urien- Souther
    Rolento- Colonel
    Blanka- Madara of Cobra Clan
    Claw- Multiple characters
    Zangief- Bear Man but also multiple characters (even Gief new V-skill come from HNK)
    Birdie- the whole HNK punk aesthetic

more loose, like a trait, a story detail or just general vibe

Gen- Toki
    Hakan- Fudo
    Rashid - Juuza
    Dan- Jagi

Overall i think HNK is by far the anime that influenced the most SF

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,692
    I hope Capcom wouldn't do the....

I am your uncle, I am your brother or I am your dad then Akuma did a heroic sacrifice protecting and shielding Ryu from Super Ultra Omega Ultimate Seraphic Meteor Nightmare Psycho Crusher from Gill that is posses by Lord Bison. Akuma proves that blood is thicker than water in the very last moments of his life...

Me:

101lwn.jpg

I hope Capcom would just keep things they were before like in the 90's where Akuma is just a corrupted brother of their master that practice the forbidden ways of their martial arts.

Times when the only common link between Ryu and Akuma is all about SNH not even the idea of revenge. Those times where Ryu in comics, games, cartoons and anime doesn't need an Akuma to pull together his motivation and personality.

I like alpha generation but i never like that i-lead into Akuma-father or Akuma-relative speculation that made some fanfics

I like the animation and the work on the video but i never like Akuma showing compassion and kindness towards Ryu or any kind of relationship..

The best thing Capcom have done to Ryu is to make SNH less relevant and important to him being better fighter and not making it a center of the story while not taking it away from him, because its better to make things lame, obsolete and useless than destroying or removing them entirely.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,692
    edited December 2016
    I remember when I'd talk about how similar Akuma and Scorpion were in power because they dragged their opponents to hell.

Ah, the mind of a 10 yr kid.

There was a time when my local gaming friends during my teens speculating Akuma was Ryu's future self and Evil Ryu was his post transformation. The idea was debunked when Akuma 1st did an appearance in a episode from SF cartoons. I never been a fan of RPGs that time later in college I knew were they get those wild ideas it was from the Breath of Fire 4 haha

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 1,754
    I hope Capcom wouldn't do the....

I am your uncle, I am your brother or I am your dad then Akuma did a heroic sacrifice protecting and shielding Ryu from Super Ultra Omega Ultimate Seraphic Meteor Nightmare Psycho Crusher from Gill that is posses by Lord Bison. Akuma proves that blood is thicker than water in the very last moments of his life...

Me:

101lwn.jpg

I hope Capcom would just keep things they were before like in the 90's where Akuma is just a corrupted brother of their master that practice the forbidden ways of their martial arts.

Agree 110%
    Welcome back King of Muay Thai.
    Hurry up and release the DMCV trailer capcom/sony.
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,576
    edited December 2016
    YagamiFire wrote: »

Honest question...

Have you missed EVERYTHING I've ever said about the SGS and Mu no Ken?

"Emptying soul" is using Mu No Ken. It's a garbage translation of "achieving nothingness" or "divesting the self".

This has been explained multiple times in this thread, in the original story thread and in a Fan Fic Library stand-alone post by yours truly. I can link if you've honestly never seen any of this stuff.

Apparently yes, I did miss all your explanation regarding that. And now an honest question for you:

Do you prefer the idea of the SGS being very rapid punches to your entire body from all the diretions or of it being something otherwordly/mysterious/demonic/unknown/dark/spiritual rather than physical?
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 168
    So are they going to explain what happened between Akuma and Gouken during SFIV or what? Is that completely retconned by now? If so, that would explain the minimal impact of Gouken "sealing off" Ryu's power.

Damn it, I can't stand idly knowing that Gouken's presence in SFV's story is completely pointless for now. I don't care what you say, I want him back as a playable character.
    edited December 2016
    MrPyro wrote: »
    So are they going to explain what happened between Akuma and Gouken during SFIV or what? Is that completely retconned by now? If so, that would explain the minimal impact of Gouken "sealing off" Ryu's power.

Damn it, I can't stand idly knowing that Gouken's presence in SFV's story is completely pointless for now. I don't care what you say, I want him back as a playable character.

We know what happened, what is there to explain? The seal was never permanent, it was meant to be acute and effective immediately only as demonstrated in Ryu's SF5 character story. Gouken won. If he didn't then he would be dead, and Ryu would be evil. But he is alive, and Ryu is himself at the beginning of SF5. Akuma's confidence in his most powerful technique was shaken, and he was forced to go deeper into the SNH. Resulting in his SF5 appearance, and his SF5 CA. Therefore the simplest explanation until proven otherwise is that Gouken won.

I don't know what role Gouken will play now in the story. Oro is about to usurp him as Ryu's master, so there's that. I can see him and Akuma fighting to the death again (Round 4), but I believe he will lose this time around if it happened. But before he does any of that, Gouken must fulfill his final purpose and reveal/confirm Ryu's parentage.