The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,268
    F.A.N.G. to Ed: "Just what I'd expect from a student of Balrog. Right down to the lack of intelligence."

LOL, this is awesome. I didn't expect FANG to be tihs witty, though. The quote should have been Vega's instead.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 991
    My thoughts about Chun-Li's quotes to Ed.

Ed to Chun: This sounds a little off. WIth the fall of Shadaloo, M. Bison, and the recent adoption of Li-Fen, I doubt Chun-Li would be living in the past right now. In fact, SFV on is where she develops from a student to teacher role as she would go on to teach young kids kung fu. So I don't know about this quote, but whatever.

As usual. Chun Li's character is way above Capcom's storytelling capabilities, so they have to dumb her down in order to write her.
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,444
    mikros wrote: »
    My thoughts about Chun-Li's quotes to Ed.

Ed to Chun: This sounds a little off. WIth the fall of Shadaloo, M. Bison, and the recent adoption of Li-Fen, I doubt Chun-Li would be living in the past right now. In fact, SFV on is where she develops from a student to teacher role as she would go on to teach young kids kung fu. So I don't know about this quote, but whatever.

As usual. Chun Li's character is way above Capcom's storytelling capabilities, so they have to dumb her down in order to write her.

Chun seems to be the character capcom really wants to be flawed. That's good; characters should be flawed. But the redemption has to be as impactful as the screw ups for it to work, and that's just not what's happening. At this point Chun can't even be taken seriously.
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 12
    Cammy to Ed: "You also have that man's...Sorry. It's nothing..."
    Ed to Cammy: "Forget worrying abut others and try living for yourself for a change."

Ed to Bison: "Bison! I'll never forgive you! Never show your face before me again!"
    Bison to Ed: "How pathetic. Clearly you can't handle that power."

Ed to Akuma: "Whoa, you're more intense than anyone I've ever fought before. Not afraid to admit I was a little scared there."
    Akuma to Ed: "That power ill befits you, boy!"

Ed to Ken: "Family, huh? Whatever, man. You do what works for ya."
    Ken to Ed: "Not bad for a rookie! But you still got a long way to go before you can challenge me."

Ed to Ryu: "If you want to win, use whatever power is available to you. I don't see what's so hard about that."
    Ryu to Ed: "Stay true to yourself, and move forward! I'll accept your challenge anytime."

Ed to Vega: "So you're the one they call "claw", huh? You need more than speed to beat me."

Ed to Laura: "You can't hurt me if you can't catch me. And you are way too slow to catch me."
    Laura to Ed: "Boxing infused with a mysterious power? Not a bad idea! How about some judo throws as well?"

Ed to Mika: "What exactly is "overselling" the hit? Sorry, I'm not up to speed on wrestling terms."
    Mika to Ed: "Get up already! We gotta pump up the crowd after a fight!"

Alex to Ed: "You have to obtain your own freedom. Seems you already get that, though."
    Ed to Alex: "Stop wasting away in that trailer. Go out and see the world, or somethin'."

Dhalsim to Ed: "Do not entrust your fate to fortune. You still have a future ahead of you."
    Ed to Dhalsim: "I thought you were gonna burn my clothes off! Isn't spitting fire against the rules or something?"

Ed to Ibuki: "Weapons are prohibited. They didn't teach you that in school?"

Ed to Guile: "Bison? The hell if I know! Don't ask me again!"

Ed to F.A.N.G.: "You really rub me the wrong way. Brings up unpleasant memories."
    F.A.N.G. to Ed: "Just what I'd expect from a student of Balrog. Right down to the lack of intelligence."

Necalli to Ed: "I am the true darkness. The world's killing intent is mine to devour."

Chun-Li to Ed: "You were a member of Shadaloo? Are they still active?"

Meh. Expected more from the Bison/Ed interaction.

So it's clear that Ed isn't "evil". But this means that he can't possibly control Psycho Power for long because it is by its very nature evil. So truly, if Ed isn't taken under Rose he's doomed.

Anyway, always could count on you to bring the goods. :heart:
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Vega to Ed : "That power... and those moves. How Thoroughly unpleasant. Be gone from my sight."

LMFAO Vega hates Bison and Balrog confirmed

Vega hates everyone but himself.
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,268
    Anyone else disappointed how the newer win quotes (starting with Akuma) are nothing but random boasting? They used to offer insights into character development and interaction between characters. Thus, specific to each character. Starting with S2, though, they went back to the "Go home and be a family man" days. Sad.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 1,185

LOL, this is awesome. I didn't expect FANG to be tihs witty, though. The quote should have been Vega's instead.

DAYUM

I felt that burn.

Cammy to Ed. "That power... you have that man's.... nevermind."

something like that kinda paraphrasing
    SFV - Gouki/Bison/Urien, Ed, Cammy, Ken. Gonna learn Laura and Chun someday....someday

SAGAT WHERE YOU AT BRUH?
  • EvilerwinEvilerwin Joined: Posts: 24
    Ed's pretty cool so far. I do hope we get more insight into how good his Psycho Power manipulation is. It seems like so far he just using it to assist his boxing skills.

I feel like this game would've been more interesting had they built the story mode around him. Hopefully that the route they take if they decide to do another story mode. I'd been really cool if they gave him two endings: One where you voluntarily succumb to Bison and one were you get help from Dhalsim, Rose or somebody and expell Bison's influence.

• mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,649
    So far I'm not totally on board with him.
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
    mykka wrote: »

I'm waiting for his character story so I can sentence him.
    ToreyBeans wrote: »
    For all you EdHeads out there, here are the full lyrics for his theme. Could have some mistakes in it - enjoy!
    Chemical catalyst rattling, and never hazardous
    Subdued by all my memories but never been a pacifist
    So quick I put up the fists, it's hard to resist but I just might lose control
    So shoot and I never do miss, I gotta take risks if I wanna have it all
    So I let go of the poison, the venom, I'm sending, I'm sending
    The voices're spinning with the visions all written
    Got the pictures of my prophecy, develop my philosophy
    Woke up in the morning, told the world to get back off of me

Yeah and still the nightmares creeping up at night
    I'm a fragment in the mirror, seeing black and white
    Like who is me and who is gonna take me over
    My soul is my soul in the eyes of the beholder
    Yeah and now there's darkness in the chaos
    Try to see the light, hope the positives'll pay off
    Ain't no time for stressing when the time is of this essence
    Take these two fists and swing them back into your direction

WOO!

'Cause that's the way I got it
    And don't the sound of doom always sound so melodic
    Look into the future, know the end is coming near
    Even though I'm standing tall in the face of all this fear
    Clear vision's serving life like a sentence
    Gotta stay strong, that's the reason I'm so vicious
    A barking dog, take it all, never fall
    You ringing for the champ then I'm the one who get the call

So let me tell you a little something about this life
    You can't commit to the game and you can't commit to fight
    But the thing is that with every passing of the night
    Nobody actually makes it out of this world alive
    So what you gotta do is put your powers to the test
    Time is passing so you better spend your time the best
    So who you gonna be when the reaper come knockin
    Actions speak louder than words so stop talkin

So watch me break out of this cage
    I fight now, I want change
    Yeah and it's the passing of the days
    So get back and just get up out my way
    Yeah so watch me break out of this cage
    I fight now, I want change
    Yeah and it's the passing of the days
    So get back and just get up out my way!

WOO!

Reading the lyrics to Ed's theme from his perspective. Parts in bold in particular. Poor sob just trying to survive those chronic ghost hauntings.
    edited May 13
    You wrote: »
    Phew! Just finished a 12 game win-streak with Ed. Can firmly say I love everything about this character. Playstyle, personality, look. Everything. Well done, Capcom. 9/10 character in general...11/10 for me personally.

Genuinely so happy to see a new character perfectly click with someone. I'm the resident Rashid stan, but I haven't really seen anyone else like that for any other SFV newcomer until now. Here's to hoping Ed and Rashid become mainstays!

Same, especially @YagamiFire who has been notably critical of Capcom in the last year. It's like I'm happy cuz he's happy lol.
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,649
    edited May 13
    Out of the new characters, Kolin is the only one that clicked with me so far. I'm still hopeful for the last 2 new characters of SFV (not Abigail or whoever is coming next, giants aint my thing)
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,490
    They just haven't put in the right blond character for me yet
    nQNGL71KDXLCI.jpg

I want him in there and to be smackin' down fools and throwing shade. Eagle's got so much potential for fun just from his personality alone.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 1,185
    Daemos wrote: »
    From Lounge...
    idk if this was already posted but lmao

Bipson's grin.
    It just screams, "YES!! YES!!"
    SFV - Gouki/Bison/Urien, Ed, Cammy, Ken. Gonna learn Laura and Chun someday....someday

SAGAT WHERE YOU AT BRUH?
    Yeah, they overuse the "crapfog" effect. Wrong thread though.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,797
    Phew! Just finished a 12 game win-streak with Ed. Can firmly say I love everything about this character. Playstyle, personality, look. Everything. Well done, Capcom. 9/10 character in general...11/10 for me personally.

Genuinely so happy to see a new character perfectly click with someone. I'm the resident Rashid stan, but I haven't really seen anyone else like that for any other SFV newcomer until now. Here's to hoping Ed and Rashid become mainstays!

Hell yes. Rashid is a good character but I am not a fan of his playstyle (not that it's a bad playstyle, just that it doesn't suit me well). Hopefully they keep characters like this around.
    Daemos wrote: »

Same, especially @YagamiFire who has been notably critical of Capcom in the last year. It's like I'm happy cuz he's happy lol.

Lol yeah, man...this is the best thing they've done in SFV as far as I'm concerned.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,569
    Zangief's CA is Capcom's way of testing fatalities for a possible Mortal Kombat crossover
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,162
    edited May 14
    Anyone else disappointed how the newer win quotes (starting with Akuma) are nothing but random boasting? They used to offer insights into character development and interaction between characters. Thus, specific to each character. Starting with S2, though, they went back to the "Go home and be a family man" days. Sad.

Well they stopped trying when he was remodeled as a lion.

He's a shit character, pretty awful theme and one of the dumbest looks thus far. And if that wasn't enough he is all about buttons.

Wow next character please.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,444

He's a shit character, pretty awful theme and one of the dumbest looks thus far. And if that wasn't enough he is all about buttons.

Yeesh you're hard to satisfy
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,162

Not particularly. I see that a good many people are saying this one is a suitable replacement for Dudley (rapido punches) and Cody if those two don't make it in. I think people are too easily satisfied with a mishmash of styles and moves.

Objectively speaking this is one character that shouldn't be garnering the type of hype that is being displayed.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,176
    the good part is that Capcom admit that Ed has undergo accelerated aging and make it part of his story rather than lazy excuses or just let it be stuff...

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Jill or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,797
    Well, if nothing else Ed has returned to me my ability to garner absolutely hilarious hate-mail LMAO
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!

Not particularly. I see that a good many people are saying this one is a suitable replacement for Dudley (rapido punches) and Cody if those two don't make it in. I think people are too easily satisfied with a mishmash of styles and moves.

Objectively speaking this is one character that shouldn't be garnering the type of hype that is being displayed.

I take it you don't know what objectively means?

Last time I checked it means not blinded by cheap imitations.

The same can't be said for alot of you, thirsting for what has been done before and on a better level.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,461
    edited May 16
    I miss shadaloo soldiers being simple fucking soldiers with rifles and guns :(
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,176
    edited May 16
    They should had at least change the stance or have a newer choreography for those moves they have plenty of past references. Capcom is kinda rush.. that should have been a better mobile game release using finger gestures like infinity blade series.

Psychoken is now thought in Shadaloo Camp haha

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Come hither! Punishment awaits! Joined: Posts: 2,791
    edited May 17
    I am sorry to completely change the subject like a bat out of hell, but I just thought of something randomly while I was on lunch break watching some Tekken 7 FR matches, some Gouki matches specifically.

I am referring to the Shun Goku Satsu (Raging Demon, Raging Hell Murder, etc) and further supporting the fact that the "fans" of Street Fighter completely over-exaggerate how powerful Gouki is in his own series (thus, making him rather overrated). The animation of the Shun Goku Satsu from SFV is essentially the nail in the coffin on the whole idea of... lol...

"Gouki taking an individual to hell or Jigoku to have a bunch of demons somehow consume the dude. And, the eviler the nigga is, the more painful it is."

Or, some weird shit like that. Based what most individuals on this forum spoke about before, that concept came from a series of bad mistranslations, fanboyism, and Gouki's speech patterns and way of addressing others. Reality is that it is just a version of Jotarus' or Ken's (from another infamous anime series) punch flurry. The only difference is that he has to grapple you first. And, he also incorporates the use of dark energy for the sake of augmenting his strength. It is still a forbidden technique, although it just involves beating the shit out of the opponent in a very short amount of time, leaving the individual battered, broken, bruised, and possibly mutilated if the opponent is really unlucky. However, the main point of this post is to point something out I recall from the Tekken 7 FR entries and Bamco's take on Gouki.

Please, recall a confrontation between Heihachi and Gouki. Yes, they start busting each other up with their signature techniques from their respective martial arts. Human who practically turned into a insanely strong demon vs an overpowered and evil ass old man (The "evil" part may end up being subverted somehow later, based on where the story is going but we'll have to wait and see when Tekken 7 comes out). They fight. Heihachi proceeds to knock Gouki out with his Rage Art move. Okay. Gouki then basically says "Uh, hey old nigga, turn around. I got a present for you."

Shun Goku Satsu.

But, Heihachi gets up. Note: Heihachi is alive (though, he clearly didn't see that coming either and he was clearly injured from it. Then again, this is the same dude who got nuked by a series of Jack robots, clearly designed for war-fare, only to pop-up later in the Tekken 5 plot. And, all he could think about is "Who's neck should I break this time?" after getting out of that rubble, as a certain individual would put it). Heihachi then questions Gouki on what kind of monster he is. Gouki answers with a another challenge and Heihachi just starts rushing in to perform another offensive approach to collide Gouki again. Essentially, the Shun Goku Satsu did not outright kill Heihachi but it did clearly cause an injury to him. One would think that the Shun Goku Satsu should only be exclusively as a killing strike.

However... that was in Tekken 7, a series that does not really have any real relationship with the SF series outside of having Gouki as a guest character. But, it was an interesting thought to say least, showing how the Shun Goku Satsu operates.

EDIT:

Small error.
    Post edited by Great_Dark_Hero on
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,501
    @Great_Dark_Hero dat AV tho
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited May 16
    @Great_Dark_Hero

Agree, When I have first seen it in ST and having the same effects from both endings of Wolverine and Silver Samurai in Xmen COTA. I always think of it as an intended representation of an instant knockout move that Akuma did to Bison to steal the final match to the deserving contender of a tournament.

Which I think is also a, what if event because it require different conditions. Even in Cyberbots Z-Gouki had somewhat a SGS version in multiple attacks. Then latter I used read online stuff and consider it like that, I don't know if Capcom used to have multiple interpretation of it that led others to think like that, but I'm glad that I have been with this side of this forum that gives me clarity, to know and understand those things through this guys before Capcom confirming it.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,461
    edited May 17
    I am sorry to completely change the subject like a bat out of hell, but I just thought of something randomly while I was on lunch break watching some Tekken 7 FR matches, some Gouki matches specifically.

I am referring to the Shun Goku Satsu (Raging Demon, Raging Hell Murder, etc) and further supporting the fact that the "fans" of Street Fighter completely over-exaggerate how powerful Gouki is in his own series (thus, making him rather overrated). The animation of the Shun Goku Satsu from SFV is essentially the nail in the coffin on the whole idea of... lol...

"Gouki taking an individual to hell or Jigoku to have a bunch of demons somehow consume the dude. And, the eviler the nigga is, the more painful it is."

Or, some weird shit like that. Based what most individuals on this forum spoke about before, that concept came from a series of bad mistranslations, fanboyism, and Gouki's speech patterns and way of addressing others. Reality is that it is just a version of Jotarus' or Ken's (from another infamous anime series) punch flurry. The only difference is that he has to grapple you first. And, he also incorporates the use of dark energy for the sake of augmenting his strength. It is still a forbidden technique, although it just involves beating the shit out of the opponent in a very short amount of time, leaving the individual battered, broken, bruised, and possibly mutilated if the opponent is really unlucky. However, the main point of this post is to point something out I recall from the Tekken 7 FR entries and Bamco's take on Gouki.

Please, recall a confrontation between Heihachi and Gouki. Yes, they start busting each other up with their signature techniques from their respective martial arts. Human who practically turned into a insanely strong demon vs an overpowered and evil ass old man (The "evil" part may end up being subverted somehow later, based on where the story is going but we'll have to wait and see when Tekken 7 comes out). They fight. Heihachi proceeds to knock Gouki out with his Rage Art move. Okay. Gouki then basically says "Uh, hey old nigga, turn around. I got a present for you."

Shun Goku Satsu.

But, Heihachi gets up. Note: Heihachi is alive (though, he clearly didn't see that coming either and he was clearly injured from it. Then again, this is the same dude who got nuked by a series of Jack robots, clearly designed for war-fare, only to pop-up later in the Tekken 5 plot. And, all he could think about is "Who neck should I break?" after getting out of that rubble, as a certain individual would put it). Heihachi then questions Gouki on what kind of monster he is. Gouki answers with a another challenger and Heihachi just starts rushing in to perform another offensive approach to collide Gouki again. Essentially, the Shun Goku Satsu did not outright kill Heihachi but it did clearly cause an injury to him. One would think that the Shun Goku Satsu should only be exclusively as a killing strike.

However... that was in Tekken 7, a series that does not really have any real relationship with the SF series outside of having Gouki as a guest character. But, it was an interesting thought to say least, showing how the Shun Goku Satsu operates.

Thing is, large majority of SF fans with good tastes wish that Akuma fraud to end as soon as possible

Problem is Capcom itself is'nt of the same opinion and don't miss any chance to rub on everyone the boner they got for theyr jap ginger demon

Bison was a better top of food chain villain
    Same Gill
    Fuck, even Seth and Necalli

Yet you will forever have capcom creepy winking "yeah alll good... but AKUMA!" hinting he's the ultimate cool shit, while they and few others are the only ones believing it

It's like Vesper on youtube nominating "Saku-rahh", but even more awkward
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire