The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    But then Necalli comes and takes a giant dump on all of my dreams and is more demonic/otherworldly than the Raging Demon ever was.

You mean he's Mexican. #BuildThatWall
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,188
    edited December 2016
    I've been pretty much absolutely certain of what was happening for a decade.

Good for you. Now that a flashes of light coordinate with each blow show what's actually happening the technique is underwhelming.
    The mountain-breaking punch is not the same as the punches of the SGS, nor the manner in which chi is utilized.

A mountain breaker requires a wide impact of chi with a weaker focus. It is not raw strength and power. It is a technique that utilizes chi. Not muscle-power. I would guarantee that the punch that sunk his island would actually do far less damage to a street fighter than any single punch of the SGS because of how the chi is being directed in his strike. A punch used to break a board or a cinder block or any other given immobile object is utterly different from the punch delivered to a human being in a real fight...and purposefully so...and that's in real life without considering literal mystical chi.

It's the difference between a bullet and an explosion. A low-pressure wave across a structure can utterly demolish it. Just like a hurricane shredding buildings across an entire state.

Compare that to the raw, pin-point destructive power of a tornado however.

Which is more devastating?

Neither. They're different.

An island-breaking/mountain-shattering punch is a hurricane of chi delivered across a wide area. Each punch of the SGS is a tornado ripping at a small target.

It's the difference between damaging the infrastructure of an entire state and carving a path of abject dismemberment across a neighborhood.

Very different things.

I realize the application is different but in the future if he really wants to destroy his opponent beyond recognition especially the ones of a higher power he should go with the mountain breaker. He is all about destruction and completely wiping out an opponent he finds worthy, why leave any doubt that the threat is gone for good?

Incorrect.

Akuma is a masterful combatant. The attacks of the SGS are not uncontrolled, they're precise. His entire martial art is precise. Ansatsuken by their nature are. It's simply a difference between external and internal chi arts.

The core techniques of Hokuto No Ken (and Gen), for instance, are internal martial arts. They damage the pressure points internally and disorder the chi, causing incredible damage.

The core techniques of Nanto Seiken (and the Nameless Ansatsuken) are external martial arts. They bruise, rip and tear the pressure points, joints and flesh of the body. But they do so with precision.

The go shoryu specifically targets the meridian line. It is specifically supposed to destroy the core of a persons chi flow. The Tatsumaki Zankukyaku is specifically a decapitating technique aimed at the throat (hence, scything kick).

The Shin Shoryuken purposefully targets the tanden to eliminate the opponents ability to bolster their defense by drawing on their chi. It is why it's the first part of the attack.

The difference between Gen & Akuma is not a difference between precision and savagery, it's a difference between kung-fu and karate. Internal vs. external.
    Also he is tagging the opponent with a lot of head blows and if he is a fast as the SGS leads one to believe he should have very little issue with Oro using one arm >_>...I guess we know why he couldn't kill Bison and a sickly Gen.

Great explanation of the moves btw. I don't think i'm completely incorrect here. Gouki may have had a precise way of fighting but he abandoned that in favor of more power he lost his way aswell. I said Gen 'should' be the closest to what Kenshiro practices in the way that he can be very precise in the way he exerts little effort in pressing the vital points on the meridian chart. Not that Gen is the only one who is.
    If Oro knows Mu (and it seems likely he does), the speed of the SGS is literally irrelevant.

Beyond that, he can only achieve that speed with the SGS technique, which requires deep SnH immersion and the danger that that entails.

The speed would be irrelevant but not the hits. I say one armed Oro because he is fighting at less than his full capability. If he's just not going to be hit that's one thing, we have two other examples (unless retconned to never have happened) Gen who survived and M. Bison who took all the hits but is hard to kill and has plot protection to a degree.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,188
    Cestus wrote: »
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Raoh is absolutely the progenitor of original Bison right down to being born under a tyrannical star.

Souther is the man, though. My fav character in all HnK (and inspiration for both Geese Howard and Urien)

For how i see it
    Character that got kinda clear HNK influence

Ryu- Kenshiro
    Ken- Rei
    Dictator- Raoh
    Gouken- Master Ryuken
    Akuma - Kaioh and Raoh
    Urien- Souther
    Rolento- Colonel
    Blanka- Madara of Cobra Clan
    Claw- Multiple characters
    Zangief- Bear Man but also multiple characters (even Gief new V-skill come from HNK)
    Birdie- the whole HNK punk aesthetic

more loose, like a trait, a story detail or just general vibe

Gen- Toki
    Hakan- Fudo
    Rashid - Juuza
    Dan- Jagi

Overall i think HNK is by far the anime that influenced the most SF

I think JJBA is just as big an influence possibly even moreso but that's a nitpick.

Some of yours are a huge stretch to say the least. Vega is the prototypical Yuda but that's where the comparison ends...with a broad generalization. JagI isn't the joke that Dan is, the same can be said of Fuudo and Hakan hell the personalities don't even come close to jibing. Juuza was the free thinking, woman chaser right? Er I don't see the connect to Rashid.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,280
    Daemos wrote: »
    MrPyro wrote: »
    So are they going to explain what happened between Akuma and Gouken during SFIV or what? Is that completely retconned by now? If so, that would explain the minimal impact of Gouken "sealing off" Ryu's power.

Damn it, I can't stand idly knowing that Gouken's presence in SFV's story is completely pointless for now. I don't care what you say, I want him back as a playable character.

We know what happened, what is there to explain? The seal was never permanent, it was meant to be acute and effective immediately only as demonstrated in Ryu's SF5 character story. Gouken won. If he didn't then he would be dead, and Ryu would be evil. But he is alive, and Ryu is himself at the beginning of SF5. Akuma's confidence in his most powerful technique was shaken, and he was forced to go deeper into the SNH. Resulting in his SF5 appearance, and his SF5 CA. Therefore the simplest explanation until proven otherwise is that Gouken won.

I don't know what role Gouken will play now in the story. Oro is about to usurp him as Ryu's master, so there's that. I can see him and Akuma fighting to the death again (Round 4), but I believe he will lose this time around if it happened. But before he does any of that, Gouken must fulfill his final purpose and reveal/confirm Ryu's parentage.

Another "hint" is that SFV Ryu still travel with Gouken

18178464.png

Well, for what we know it could be some sort of draw too, but sure as fuck he did'nt lost

Btw i will not talk about "usurp", i just think that at this point (between SFV and SF3), Gouken will just realize that Ryu can now control the SNH and mastered all his ultimate techniques (Nothingness, ShinSRK, Denjin Hado) , so the best way to progress for him is "The answer lies in the heart of battle"

Basically i'm proud of you son, now travel the world and punch in the face strong peoples

Also Gouken likely know and recognize as absolute monster Oro, he will be honoured to know that his Ryu got chosen by him... actually is a testament Gouken did great as Master

Gouken will try to fight/stop Akuma, for the first time determined to kill him if necessary, to save Ryu from that possibly/likely deadly final fight.
    He will also know that at this point the balance is broken and Akuma surpassed him, so he will probably go all-in sacrifice style

Final destiny of Gouken imho will be die by the hands of Akuma, and be the last step into SNH.

Gen was an already dying man, asking to be killed and a stranger.

Gouken is his brother, killing him (for real) will be his last trigger/power up before the final battle, and may even give Akuma some hint about how to counter nothingness/denjin.

What i'm more curious about if is Akuma will rematch/defeat Oro.

A possibility imho will be that once he realize to have teached Ryu what he have to teach (from there the road is looong, but must be done alone) he will just die happy.
    Like my job is done here, farewell bitches, i leave the material world and i go to one-arm bitchslap spirits in heaven -die-
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,416
    edited December 2016
    Gouken would surely or probably die in the hands of Gouki it's like an inviable situation if Capcom would try to make another encounter but whatever happen in SF5 should compromised to Ryu's emotional state and mindset in his SF3 timeline counterpart that is calm and never have strong emotions of resentment against Gouki. Same with the Lee brothers and Chunli.... I just hope Capcom wouldn't lead anything about Ryu parents especially if they would make Ryu related to any other Street Fighter.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,958
    Yeah, the SGS being just a lot of punches and nothing else ruins my childhood fantasies of what Akuma might be doing in the dark as he performed the move. And what came of Gen emptying his soul in order to avoid getting harmed by it? Was he simply blocking the initial punch so Akuma couldn't keep punching him? And the way Akuma deals the blow on Gen in his story looks very similar to the initial hit of the SGS (SFV version). What changed? The man known for being able to stand proudly against the SGS got killed by it in the end? Damn, this game sure debunked lots of SF mysteries, but it a very, very bad way.

Honest question...

Have you missed EVERYTHING I've ever said about the SGS and Mu no Ken?

"Emptying soul" is using Mu No Ken. It's a garbage translation of "achieving nothingness" or "divesting the self".

This has been explained multiple times in this thread, in the original story thread and in a Fan Fic Library stand-alone post by yours truly. I can link if you've honestly never seen any of this stuff.

Apparently yes, I did miss all your explanation regarding that. And now an honest question for you:

Do you prefer the idea of the SGS being very rapid punches to your entire body from all the diretions or of it being something otherwordly/mysterious/demonic/unknown/dark/spiritual rather than physical?

The SGS being rapid punches has always been far far better than demonic dumbshit.

Also here's the explanation

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/147136/a-more-complete-explanation-of-the-shun-goku-satsu/p1?new=1
    I've been pretty much absolutely certain of what was happening for a decade.

Good for you. Now that a flashes of light coordinate with each blow show what's actually happening the technique is underwhelming.

That's because you're looking at it as a literal representation. Those punches happen near-simultaneously. Too fast to see. As a technique it's ABSURDLY powerful.
    I realize the application is different but in the future if he really wants to destroy his opponent beyond recognition especially the ones of a higher power he should go with the mountain breaker. He is all about destruction and completely wiping out an opponent he finds worthy, why leave any doubt that the threat is gone for good?

...I literally JUST explained why the mountain breaker punch would do LESS damage to an individual.

I have to assume you didn't actually read what I wrote.
    The speed would be irrelevant but not the hits. I say one armed Oro because he is fighting at less than his full capability. If he's just not going to be hit that's one thing, we have two other examples (unless retconned to never have happened) Gen who survived and M. Bison who took all the hits but is hard to kill and has plot protection to a degree.

If Oro has Mu No Ken everything about the SGS is literally immaterial to him.

Gen was never hit by the SGS. He used Mu against it. As did Gouken at the end of SF4.

Mu does not tank SGS. It does not absorb it. It does not even counter it. When using it, the SGS may as well have never occurred. If Oro knows Mu, the SGS is a non-entity against him. He doesn't even need ONE arm to defend against it. He needs zero arms.

A child capable of Mu No Ken could utterly negate SGS and any other physical attack.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
    Gouken would surely or probably die in the hands of Gouki it's like an inviable situation if Capcom would try to make another encounter but whatever happen in SF5 should compromised to Ryu's emotional state and mindset in his SF3 timeline counterpart that is calm and never have strong emotions of resentment against Gouki. Same with the Lee brothers and Chunli.... I just hope Capcom wouldn't lead anything about Ryu parents especially if they would make Ryu related to any other Street Fighter.

The fact that Gouki had to embrace Satsui no Hado to beat his brother in a fight tells you how strong Gouken is. At this point Gouken is up what, 2-1?

Gouken is a straight-up beast. Dude is top-tier in the setting. Until Gouki can overcome Mu, Gouken will remain untouchable against him.

The fact that Gouki had to embrace Satsui no Hado to beat his brother in a fight tells you how strong Gouken is. At this point Gouken is up what, 2-1?

Gouken is a straight-up beast. Dude is top-tier in the setting. Until Gouki can overcome Mu, Gouken will remain untouchable against him.

I don't think it is that black and white.

I'd wager there are degrees of "Mu" and "SNH", and the more Akuma embraces the SNH the more potent of a chi it becomes in battle. Maybe Gouken doesn't have enough Mu to beat SF5 Akuma, or SF3 Akuma even, just like Ryu didn't have enough Mu to take out SF5 Akuma. Akuma embraced SNH to beat his brother before, it is quite likely he will embrace it even more in an attempt to do it again.

Akuma will defeat Gouken IMO, if only as a precursor to the ultimate battle between him and Ryu. Keep those tensions high.

I'd wager there are degrees of "Mu" and "SNH", and the more Akuma embraces the SNH the more potent of a chi it becomes in battle. Maybe Gouken doesn't have enough Mu to beat SF5 Akuma, or SF3 Akuma even, just like Ryu didn't have enough Mu to take out SF5 Akuma. Akuma embraced SNH to beat his brother before, it is quite likely he will embrace it even more in an attempt to do it again.

Akuma will defeat Gouken IMO, if only as a precursor to the ultimate battle between him and Ryu. Keep those tensions high.

Mu is a binary. You have either achieved it or not. You cannot be some percentage of "nothing".

Gouken's oneness with the universe, as it stands, with Mu No Ken is untouchable by Akuma's standard techniques.

He has to develop a technique that disrupts that oneness. If that means flooding the area with his own chi to warp the fabric of the space around them (as Kaioh did to disrupt Kenshiro) then that is one way to approach it. Of course, if this follows the path of HnK, even that is susceptible to Mu when one embraces that even the nature of the disruption is part of the universe at large (as Kenshiro accomplished by perfecting Mu) but it's DEFINITELY good for a surprise against someone to strike them down.

I could definitely see Akuma doing that against Gouken.

That could force Ryu to perfect Mu even further with Oro's deeper understanding of all things in nature.

Mu is a binary. You have either achieved it or not. You cannot be some percentage of "nothing".

Gouken's oneness with the universe, as it stands, with Mu No Ken is untouchable by Akuma's standard techniques.

He has to develop a technique that disrupts that oneness. If that means flooding the area with his own chi to warp the fabric of the space around them (as Kaioh did to disrupt Kenshiro) then that is one way to approach it. Of course, if this follows the path of HnK, even that is susceptible to Mu when one embraces that even the nature of the disruption is part of the universe at large (as Kenshiro accomplished by perfecting Mu) but it's DEFINITELY good for a surprise against someone to strike them down.

I could definitely see Akuma doing that against Gouken.

That could force Ryu to perfect Mu even further with Oro's deeper understanding of all things in nature.

If it is indeed binary, then how did Akuma beat Ryu who attained Mu in SF5? Why wasn't Ryu "untouchable"?
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,315
    Yeah, the SGS being just a lot of punches and nothing else ruins my childhood fantasies of what Akuma might be doing in the dark as he performed the move. And what came of Gen emptying his soul in order to avoid getting harmed by it? Was he simply blocking the initial punch so Akuma couldn't keep punching him? And the way Akuma deals the blow on Gen in his story looks very similar to the initial hit of the SGS (SFV version). What changed? The man known for being able to stand proudly against the SGS got killed by it in the end? Damn, this game sure debunked lots of SF mysteries, but it a very, very bad way.

Honest question...

"Emptying soul" is using Mu No Ken. It's a garbage translation of "achieving nothingness" or "divesting the self".

This has been explained multiple times in this thread, in the original story thread and in a Fan Fic Library stand-alone post by yours truly. I can link if you've honestly never seen any of this stuff.

Apparently yes, I did miss all your explanation regarding that. And now an honest question for you:

Do you prefer the idea of the SGS being very rapid punches to your entire body from all the diretions or of it being something otherwordly/mysterious/demonic/unknown/dark/spiritual rather than physical?

I'll take the punches. SGS being demonic doesn't fit the settings and would make little sense for an attack.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

Honest question...

Third option: a rapid succession of strikes (punch, palm, fingers, elbows, knee, kick) that at ridicolous fast speed go hit all/many vital points, damaging opponent's circulation of energy, air and blood

The "mystic" side of it being the unnatural speed, each strike having hado energy, and the fact that hitting enemy's energy channels you can destroy (figuratively) his "soul"

Also i think peoples take too literally words like "hell" and "soul", it like in HNK where secret techniques are called stuff like Heaven/Soul/Dragon/Gates/Sky/Hell/Divine etc etc all the time.
    Is dat asian TMA marketing lol

SFV one is'nt perfect, but close to that, specially considering that official version is super fast and dark

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    Yes, @Cestus , exactly.

The SGS would decimate a persons flesh, bones and chi-flow so thoroughly it would obliterate the things that make them-up.

We need to keep in mind that the first description (and most thorough) we have of the nature of the SGS is in the battle between Gouki and Goutetsu after which Gouki is said to be entirely scarlet-hued IN BLOOD. The SGS is so vicious and destructive it covered Gouki head to toe in Goutetsu's BLOOD. That level of gore is absurd. The SGS is a goddamn Cuisinart.

Klives wrote: »
    Hello everyone, i'm new here :) . (i've searched for a topic to introduce myself but couldn't find one)

I've been following this thread for quite some time now, and i must admit it's made me realise how little i actually knew about the sf story. I've many questions about the chronology and whatnot but right now i'm more interested in akuma and his story.

Anyway, i was reading the latest posts regarding the SGS and i was wondering: If the whole "destroying the soul" is just figurative, how come the SGS was ineffective against Bison? Wasn't it precisely because he had forsaken his soul long ago? Or was it just something made up by the fandom?

Oh, and please forgive me for the spelling mistakes, i'm french.

Originally the SGS was effective against Bison and killed him.

That seems to thoroughly have been back-tracked for quite a while now and all current canon evidence points to Bison & Akuma never having tussled.

Also, even with the destruction of his body, Bison could just slip into a replacement body as he did after blowing himself up at the beginning of SF4.

Also, don't worry about any spelling mistakes and welcome to the thread!

• KlivesKlives Joined: Posts: 105
    edited December 2016
    Nice to meet you guys, ;) thanks Daemos, je vais très bien merci et toi? (I appreciate the french touch lol)

I see, so even that infamous SGS in SSFII turbo wasn't canonical... I didn't know that either. That's kind of a shock lol i grew up firmly believing that he did fight Bison. By the way, i find the new version of SGS impressive but also hilarious, i mean the guy just punches you to death... Like many, i was expecting something different.

Thanks for the fast answers :)

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,315
    edited December 2016
    SGS in Super Turbo is a fairly recent retcon. SF4 and SF5 changed a lot of things as we knew it from SF2 and Alpha.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Playstation. Achivements are what you earn on Xbox :tongue:

Don't make me power bomb you

:tongue:

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,416
    before SGS did become Akuma's Super move I always thought it was a quick multi hitting attack because of Xmen Cota that followed up the ST that time

Even the first time i have seen the gigantic robotic version of Akuma does a multi hitting attack visible version of SGS.

z-a-img.gif

My ideas changed when i read the previous plot guide that compromised a lot to SFA3 that made me understand it's spiritual nature of Street Fighter the likes of MU, SNH, Cloning and Bison's Body hopping or switching abilities

The current ideas of SGS in the thread fit the more clearer of today from Asura's wrath and justified by SFV

HNK interpretation Musou Tensei is like de-materializing.

311?cb=20111028132417

It might be that MU is still supernatural and unclear as of now but with no hell dragging SGS.

Gen might have or did gave in to Akuma to die by his pride, that made me think if Goutetsu did allow the same thing but not the reasons of pride?

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    I would correct the HnK interpretation of Mu, @The_Shakunetsu

It's not really dematerializing like we think about it. It allows a person to be at one with the universe and even at one with their former friends, rivals and foes. That's why in the picture posted Kenshiro is flanked by Shu, Rei, Toki and others.

When he achieved that, Raoh couldn't even touch him. There was "nothing" under Raoh's fist for him to strike while Kenshiro could draw on not only his talents but the spirit of others who had communed with him via martial arts combat.

• ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,709
    @YagamiFire I friggin' love it when you discuss the breakdown of martial arts in SF and tie it to HnK and even real world philosophy. Have you considered doing a video on this or teaming up with @bakfromon to put this stuff in the SF guide so that it can be spread to the masses? I think people would appreciate how the SGS actually works and respect it more than the Hell Hump people thought it used to be.

One thing that shouldn't be overlooked is Gen's relationship with Chun's dad. He possibly held the key to his story, his whereabouts, or ultimate fate. With his passing we may never know the truth...

Until Q joins the fray that is...

>_>

<_<

>_>
    TRIGGERED

:lol: :
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    Klives wrote: »
    Nice to meet you guys, ;) thanks Daemos, je vais très bien merci et toi? (I appreciate the french touch lol)

I see, so even that infamous SGS in SSFII turbo wasn't canonical... I didn't know that either. That's kind of a shock lol i grew up firmly believing that he did fight Bison. By the way, i find the new version of SGS impressive but also hilarious, i mean the guy just punches you to death... Like many, i was expecting something different.

Thanks for the fast answers :)

It's more likely that it was turned into or it was just a what if scenario, because the game itself require you to meet specific conditions for Akuma to interfere the final confrontation. Even a lot of the game's concluded endings were told in what if situation that never compromised a lot with the current events in SF4. Correct me if I am wrong guys. Thanks

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• PoisonKissPoisonKiss Beautiful Disaster Joined: Posts: 790
    Asuka, Gen's Disciple, and slight altered Elizabeth design would be good. I like the idea of French Savate fighter but the two concepts they showed could use work IMO.

13_elizabeth01.jpg

If they dropped the heels from the second design and gave her more practical footwear it would work. It's stupid to have her wear armor for functionality and opts for heels.

The heels are ridiculous but the truly ridiculous thing is a savateuse wearing a long skirt. How is that even supposed to work??
    SFV: Laura, Kolin, Cammy, Menat. | IJ2: Black Canary, Cheetah, Poison Ivy, Starfire. | MvCI: Morrigan, Gamora, Captain Marvel. | PSN: eleusiswalks
    The good stuff that Capcom brings into the story progress is making us think that there is much more with Psycho Power, SNH is not everything, Mu can still evolve, Secret Society capabilities is still a mystery and there is something unknown beyond(hado kakusei).

some fanfic
    Soul Gen

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Look what I found.

oh623bO.jpg

Clearly, Bison knows Akuma from before hand. :smokin:

They've been postponing their match...
    and I think it will never happen canonically

I wouldn't say postpone so much as erased from the canon.

From a narrative point of view, why use the villains to take out each other when you have heroes to do that?

From Ryu's point of view specifically, who has been the object of interest for many years for both these villains (and for seemingly similar reasons), his "development" as a character rests on overcoming these two inevitably. It is in the interest of both Bison and Akuma that Ryu fights them and defeats them so they he can become stronger and subsequently they get a better "fight of their life" experience when they fight him again. Only if Bison defeats Ryu, that's when it would make sense for Akuma to come after Bison and vice versa.

There is also the issue that Bison and Akuma wield a variation of the same fundamental power, a fight between the two would be nothing more than a dick size competition (which Bison would probably win because PSYCHO POWAAA!).

The match did happen in SF2. In SF4 he had to get a new body because of that match...
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    SFII, SFA and SFIII have GREAT anatomical work and SF3 ESPECIALLY has absolutely amazing perspective efforts.
    Horseshit.
    bison-sfa-stance.gif
    There's nothing anatomically accurate about that. Or even this:
    bison-sf2-stance2.gif
    His thighs are as big around as his waist.

Your blind nostalgia is just sad.

If you want SF characters with realistic proportions, you have to go outside Capcom entirely:
    bison-snk-stand.gif

SF2 stance is better. Same as Sagat's SF2 stance. The dance rhythm of those 2 in SF2 go with their music and such...

Same goes for Scorpion's stance and dance in MK1 Courtyard music
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Look what I found.

oh623bO.jpg

Clearly, Bison knows Akuma from before hand. :smokin:

They've been postponing their match...
    and I think it will never happen canonically

I wouldn't say postpone so much as erased from the canon.

From a narrative point of view, why use the villains to take out each other when you have heroes to do that?

From Ryu's point of view specifically, who has been the object of interest for many years for both these villains (and for seemingly similar reasons), his "development" as a character rests on overcoming these two inevitably. It is in the interest of both Bison and Akuma that Ryu fights them and defeats them so they he can become stronger and subsequently they get a better "fight of their life" experience when they fight him again. Only if Bison defeats Ryu, that's when it would make sense for Akuma to come after Bison and vice versa.

There is also the issue that Bison and Akuma wield a variation of the same fundamental power, a fight between the two would be nothing more than a dick size competition (which Bison would probably win because PSYCHO POWAAA!).

The match did happen in SF2. In SF4 he had to get a new body because of that match...

No. Bison got a new body in SF4 after the Street Fighters forced him to retreat and the Shadaloo HQ in Thailand (Secret Point 48106) self-destructed at the end of SF2.
    edited December 2016
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    SFII, SFA and SFIII have GREAT anatomical work and SF3 ESPECIALLY has absolutely amazing perspective efforts.
    Horseshit.
    bison-sfa-stance.gif
    There's nothing anatomically accurate about that. Or even this:
    bison-sf2-stance2.gif
    His thighs are as big around as his waist.

Your blind nostalgia is just sad.

If you want SF characters with realistic proportions, you have to go outside Capcom entirely:
    bison-snk-stand.gif

SF2 stance is better.

I agree

SFA stance is good, traditional and pratical, and SFA sprite is made of greatness.
    bison-sfa-stance.gif

But SF2 as concept is even better, because it reflect so well Bison nature, fight style and specials.

Being a charge char with powerful forward movement specials, is awesome how they designed him to have the focus on rear limbs with the weight on the right leg (P1 side) and the right arm charged and ready to strike... like if he have literally to hold a bit backward before explode forward (PC/scissor), feel compatible with his controls
    bison-sf2-stance2.gif

He was designed to give the impression to be ever charged and ready to fuck you up with his best strike at any moment

Conceptually is closer to a karate stange than a Muay Thai one, but after all MT/Lerdrit was only one of the influences

It will be cool if was still Bison stance, then switch to SFV "i'm an evil wizard" shit pose when on V-trigger mode