The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 1,928
    edited July 17
    bakfromon wrote: »

The secret is she has blood thirsty assassin alter ego once she remembers her true name

More story stuff
    ■ What is Gougi?

In the past, Garuda (a being made up of the lingering grudges of powerul warriors who fell in battle) was sealed by the Hayate clan.
    Although Garuda was resurrected once, thanks to the self-sacrifice of a Hayate descendant, he was sealed once again. However, feeding on the energy released during Kairi and Hokuto’s battles, Garuda was resurrected once more and became a demon that seeks out powerful souls in order to devour them. Gougi is the very embodiment of a fallen warrior’s spirit. It contains Energy, Power, Skill, and Secret Techniques.

Powerful souls can join together with Gougi to draw out new powers, but those with weak souls are unable to resist the Gougi and end up being corrupted.

■ Who is Shirase?

The true identity of “Hokuto,” once the bloodline seal placed on her was released. The illegitimate child of the Mizugami Family; to hide her real identity she took the name of Hokuto and jointed the main family. She was brainwashed at infancy and given the mission to kill Kairi, but once the spell wore off, “Hokuto” became no more.

With her final will, she sealed her younger sister Nanase’s memory, so that she could live a life as a normal girl.

■ Characters

Kairi

Backstory: Having lost his memory, he is now locked in an endless battle with other powerful warriors. Garuda has been following Kairi around the globe, feeding on the powerful spirits Kairi releases in battle. He is Nanase’s brother, and Shirase’s half-brother.

Shirase

Backstory: The true identity of the assassin Hokuto, after being freed from the sealed placed on her. With her final will, she erased Nanases’ memories in order for her to live a normal life. Having lost the ability her feel emotion, her only mission now is to kill Kairi.

Garuda

Backstory: A living corpse acting as the vessel for a countless number of powerful souls; he is made up of lingering grudes and resentment. Originally existing only to fight, in the flames of battle his sense of self became twisted and he turned into a monster that seeks to devour all other powerful souls.

Once, a great warrior sacrificed his life to seal Garuda away, but after resonating with the powerful “dark energy,” he was reborn. A descendant of the Hayate clan once sealed Garuda in his own body, but was eventually taken over and became the new vessel. With the energy released during Kairi and Shirase’s battle, Garuda was able to resurrect himself once more by feeding on the spirits of powerful warriors.

Skullomania

Backstory: After finding reemployment in a very good position, he is living a productive life as a salaryman. However, he is troubled by the fact that he has no recollection over the recent Skullomania appearances. That doubt has given birth to new powers. He has a pet dog named Pochiro.

Darun Mister

Backstory: The undefeated champion of Indora Pro Wrestling. After the God of Indora spoke to him in a dream, Darun resigned from his role as Purun’s bodyguard and made his way to Japan. He was utterly defeated by Garuda and left on the verge of death, but he was protected and saved by Gougi. He is now a man completely determined to face Garuda once again and defeat him. He is incredibly hot-blooded.

Where is this stuff from? Looks very interesting.

here
    It's cool to see the whole continuity between the EX series. With Gauda you see why Hayate doesn't make appearances after SFEX2. With Skulomania not remembering his recent transformations could mean something too. Darun being tied into the whole wanting to fight Garuda after being beaten by him is also an interesting new take on his story.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,309
    Interesting that Hokuto's real name is Shirase.
    I'm actually wondering if they didn't change her name because of some weird legal issue.

Anyway, I'm kinda waiting for Fighting EX Layer to announce an actual Fighting Layer character instead of just more SFEX characters.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    I'm actually wondering if they didn't change her name because of some weird legal issue.

Anyway, I'm kinda waiting for Fighting EX Layer to announce an actual Fighting Layer character instead of just more SFEX characters.

The game doesn't have an official name yet. I don't know where the Fighting Layer EX stuff comes from.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,562
    Whoa interesting stuff @bakfromon ! Here I thought they were gonna reboot things. I like that they're continuing on. I hope this series does well! Also, gotta say, I like the back to basics Skullo outfit with the addition of the scarf. It's a nice middle ground between the two looks. Also, maaaaaaaaaaaan the music sounds so good. It's such a nice return to familiar tunes, but the remixing hasn't ruined my old favourites.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • TrueBackLashTrueBackLash And then there was one. Joined: Posts: 306

George Jensent FTW!

george-fighting-layer-artwork.png
    Ultra SRK Signature 3 EX plus Alpha: Online Mouse Generation
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,562
    Holy crap, Abigail looks entertaining and the best kinds of ridiculous. Canada in the houuuuuuuuuuuuse!
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

• TrueBackLashTrueBackLash And then there was one. Joined: Posts: 306
    Dude looks so fun yet frightening.
    Ultra SRK Signature 3 EX plus Alpha: Online Mouse Generation
  • Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 135
    edited July 17
    I thought Ed's arms looked far too big and that he was on steroids.

I'm deeply sorry, Ed was perfectly fine, please forgive me. Now keep Abigail away from me and my 900 health 900 stun waifu. :s
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!
    edited July 17
    Yeah, he looks like garbage.

Anyway, story points, the writing on his tires would seem to imply that he's still a part of(or at least a fan of) Mad Gear, even though they shouldn't be around anymore at this point.
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 749
    Holy Sh!t that guy is a monster.
    Chun-Li fan & main now & forever.

CHUN-LI FAN COMICS

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?

Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

I am an Actor, Writer, Filmmaker, and Street Fighter Fan

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 16 (Chun-Li v. Shadaloo Guards: Chun-Li's Comeback)
    *edited July, 16, 2017: Page 16 Completed
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,176
    It is a good feeling to know you are bigger and stronger than normal people I experience it daily

With abigail being that much bigger, and stronger, he must experience intense euphoria every second of the day

Perhaps abigail is the happiest street fighter of them all!!!!!

Guile will shred that gigantic pussy willow; as his arms and legs are like blades.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,176
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    If Guy had a tough time with Abigal I'm inclined to believe the big bastard is super tough.

I rate Guy VERY highly as the grandmaster of a martial art. This is the same tier as someone like Gouken or Sagat as far as respectability goes and Bushin-ryu can CLEARLY hang with the nameless ansatsuken or muay thai.

In fact, the 3 Final Fight mains seem like they're genuine bad-asses in all respects. Cody is a beast, as I previously said I rate Guy highly, and I'm sure Haggar is as tough or tougher than Zangief. I'd put money on it.

The thing is Guy wasn't a master at that point, so he definitely gets better as time progresses.
    Guile will shred that gigantic pussy willow; as his arms and legs are like blades.
    But can knife cut tire?!
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,389
    But can knife cut tire?!

What's the point of an army knife if you can't slash someone's tires with it?
    But can knife cut tire?!

Good point.

*backs out of thread slowly after seeing that beat down on Ed*
    I dunno. Abigail just feels like he should have been Australian instead of Canadian. He already looks like one of the Road Warriors.
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Abigail looks like he might be fun have I have to say I'm not fond of his design.
    "you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
  • Fretless94Fretless94 Joined: Posts: 381
    edited July 17
    I think a lot of people who end up playing Abigail will end up using his Battle Costume. Which looks A LOT like Lobo.
    250px-LoboComics.png
    It's probably no coincidence that Abigail seems to like motorcycles now.
    I think it's kind of interesting that he got a normal job after all the Metro City craziness. Didn't think many would go "legit". I'm wondering if he's a part of some rallying call to bring the band back together. I get the vibe that Mad Gear hasn't been around, but this is the first salvo in it. I really do hope they do something similar to the idea some of us were throwing around -- with the near end of the world and rioting, Mad Gear sees a chance to rise up.

I also find it interesting that overall, despite his size and horrifying strength, Abigail at times looks mellow. I think it makes for a better contrast for Rage Mode, but I was expecting gritted teeth and steam coming out of his ears, but interestingly, with the intro, he seems kinda playful. I wonder if he's been taking Anger Management heh.

• GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 228
    Since Abigail's reveal, I'm sure there's a chance that more of the Final Fight characters will come to SFV.
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,664
    My first impression is like 6.5/10, not terrible bad but neither good.
    Definitely the weakest new entry as now (i like both Kolin and Ed)

GOOD SHIT

+Look unexpected FAST, considering his simple style this give him at least some uniqueness to his way of move... he's not the classic "giant character" as some mammoth that land single slow hits, dude feel active/aggressive in his action and motivated as fuck to hurt you lol

+ He seem surprising simple, as no gimmick of any kind, very strange for SFV. Seem like to give him uniqueness they gone for a more conceptual approach, giving him a more original gameplay style rather than gone for something more predictable hidden behind some flashy try-hard gimmick

+I don't remember who was saying expected him to be mostly a striker, he was spot on. I like that he feel pretty different from both Zangief and Birdie

+ he look fun to play, did'nt expected him to be a combo guy

+I'm not a fan of superhero comics, but compared to his flat look that Lobo* Battle Alt is awesome lol, much more personality

+little detail but i like the steam/dust his strikes generate, it give some needed signature effect

+The mechanic/cars theme on his SFV design is'nt bad, it help give him a bit a different vibe than Hugo

+Got some fun animations

+
    Well i guess some people will be happy he is not another blonde fighter

BAD CRAP

-dude got fucking pink lipstick

-i still like more Hugo, both as design and for the fact that despite Hugo being smaller(LOL) i feel he covered better the "Giant archetype"

-he's gigantic, but still not giant as i expected him to be (to the point of being an even more unique entry)

- He seem surprising simple, as no gimmick of any kind, very strange for SFV. While this surprised me also positively, feel like they wasted a good opportunity of give him some crazy over the top shit... wich more than impact his overall gameplay, could have gave him more characterization and a "signature" effect.

-dude got fucking pink lipstick

-His standard design is loyal to the original concept with some changes... while not super bad itself (IS bad, but that ever was Abigail look), the flat color scheme absolutely kill it. I know it got 20 alternative colors, and at least one (or all of them lol) is going to be better, but #1 is what give the char it's official image

-WTF at no MGG members on the stage, shit feel lifeless and MGG was important to give him a theme. Stage should have been a punk gang hell

-The ultra look retard AF (even if i like the broken screen effect)

-Story alt seem a bit boring and a wasted opportunity, even if tbh most of story alts are boring and a wasted opportunity LOL. At least it got some Mad Max vibe

OTHER STUFF

-his stage seem to be in a different time in the french pics, in the trailer is night in the pics was dawn
    tmjfl1hiwl9z.jpg

-i istant got this vibe

-* ref pics
    Lobo_DC.jpg602x0_519edf40d175b.jpg
    5888890-7645937721-g8hnx.jpg
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,585
    Cestus wrote: »
    +I don't remember who was saying expected him to be mostly a striker, he was spot on. I like that he feel pretty different from both Zangief and Birdie
    You wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Man I was holding out hope Abigail wasn't a thing. Not only do I find his aesthetic design completely unappealing, but SFV doesn't need another grappler.

Maybe he'll just be a super heavy hitter like blazblues Azrael

Mwahaha
    Can my anti air please not trade
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Man I was holding out hope Abigail wasn't a thing. Not only do I find his aesthetic design completely unappealing, but SFV doesn't need another grappler.

Maybe he'll just be a super heavy hitter like blazblues Azrael

Mwahaha

i remember somebody that got even more on detail about it, but still
    giphy.gif

-his stage seem to be in a different time in the french pics, in the trailer is night in the pics was dawn
    Probably changes between rounds.

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark "I'm not soft like Goku!" Joined: Posts: 6,591
    Abigail looks dumb and scary.

I'm actually looking forward to his story. I guess the idea of him running around causing trouble during the Black Moons seems unlikely now. Still, I'm curious as to who he's going to fight.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Only saw him jump once (not an animation tied to a special move).

Did everything look intact?
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    edited July 17
    Honestly I was expecting they pull in a Haggar trick for the very last nah they are really obvious, yet I'm okay with him even he was not the steroid fighter I want to see. I like the proportion but dislike the unconventional playstyle height that cannot be jump over because he looks like a bonus game beat em up character. I would rather seen him to be like hugo heigh that can be jump over naturally, but now at least were having Final Fight now as a possitivity. It would have been decent if we had Haggar or other fighters weird a weird variety

and probably we won't be seeing Q after this?

He'll have the same vibe as the Tekken character but not as the coolest of Lobo of DC..

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 749
    Abigail looks dumb and scary.

I'm actually looking forward to his story. I guess the idea of him running around causing trouble during the Black Moons seems unlikely now. Still, I'm curious as to who he's going to fight.

My guesses would include in his character story mode, he will fight:

- Chun-Li (cop v. gang leader)
    - Ibuki (closest character to Guy in Final Fight)
    - Zangief (closest character to Haggar in Final Fight)
    - Ed (Neo-Shadaloo recruitment)
    - Birdie (Closest character that's an actual street thug)

Chun-Li fan & main now & forever.

CHUN-LI FAN COMICS

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?

Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

I am an Actor, Writer, Filmmaker, and Street Fighter Fan

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 16 (Chun-Li v. Shadaloo Guards: Chun-Li's Comeback)
    *edited July, 16, 2017: Page 16 Completed
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,623
    edited July 17
    @The_Shakunetsu I know you really wanted to Azam. So I did this one just for you man. Not an actual character, but nonetheless here is your Arabian Sandstorm
    Name: Azam

Nickname: The Arabian Sandstorm

Sex: Male

Ethnicity: Emirati

Height: 7ft 2in (2.19m)

Weight: 319lbs (145kg)

B/W/H: 61-48-54 (155cm-122cm-137cm)

Hometown: Abu Dhabi, U.A.E

Appearance: Azam is a towering man, He has a white mustache and a beard that is tied off with a turquoise band. His white hair is styled into a mohawk that ends in a long flowing pony tail. There is a small red jewel in the center of his forehead. Azam wears a gold open sleeveless vest and white loose fitting pants. His pants are secured with a large turquiose band at the waist and small golden bands at his ankles. There are black embroidered bands with gold trim around his wrists. He has a janbiya (Arabian Curved Dagger) on his waist in a jeweled gold scabbard.

Dislikes: Disordered Wording

Fighting Style: Wind Wrestling

Tone: Azam is a reserved man dedicated to protecting his young master, Rashid

Origins:
    Azam was a five time MECC* (Middle East Combat Club) Submission Wrestling champion. Through the competition he met grapplers of several different disciplines from all over the word. He caught the attention of Victor Ortega, owner of the CPWA (Championship Professional Wrestling Associate) and competed there for a brief time before being hired on to be Rashid's personal bodyguard.

His Rival: Zangief (friendly)

Attributes: Health: 4 Power: 4 Range: 3 Mobility: 2 Technique: 3
    1025 Stamina/1025 Stun

Throws:

P+K – Sand Splittler: Azam lifts his opponent over his head and slams them down onto his knee (back breaker)

B+P+K – Gust Suplex: Azam grab his foes and tosses them behind him with a belly to back release suplex.

Unique Attacks:

Scimitar – B+HP: (Hit Grab) Azam grabs his opponent by the back of the head, pulls them towards him rapidly, and floor them with a vicious clothesline.

Sand Snake – B+HK: Azam executes a low missile drop kick to his opponents knees. Must be blocked low.

V-Reversal:

Desert Buster – F+PPP: Azam kicks his foe in the abdomen, grabs them, and drives them head first into the ground with a double underhook face buster (HHH Pedigree)

V-Skill:

Sand Cyclone – MP+MK: Azam stomps the ground summoning a cyclone beneath his foes feet. B+MP+MK creates a Sand Cyclone directly in front of Azam, MP+MK create Sand Cyclone ½ screen in front of Azam. F+MP+MK creates a Sand Cyclone ¾ screen in front of Azam

V-Trigger:

Wind Djinn – HP+HK: Azam surrounds himself with a vortex of ki that enhances his mobility. The speed and distance of his forward and back dash is increased. Azam's forward and back walk speed is also increased. 2-bar

Specials:

Tornado Driver – 360°+P : Azam grabs his opponent, manifest a tornado that sends them both high into the air and drives them into the ground head first with a tombstone piledriver. 5 frame startup, LP (Lowest damage, Most Range), MP(More Damage, Less Range), HP (Most Damage, Least Range), EX (Most Damage, Most Range)

Tornado Bomb - 360°+P (In Air): Azam grab his opponent mid air, manifests a cyclone above his head, and use it to drive his foe into the ground with spinning sit down power bomb. 5 frame startup, LP (Lowest damage, Most Range), MP(More Damage, Less Range), HP (Most Damage, Least Range), EX (Most Damage, Most Range)

Dust Devil – F,D,DF +P: (Anti-Air): Azam extends his arms outward while creating a waist high vortex. He then rises into the air with a powerful spinning double lariat. LP (7f startup, 3 hits) MP (8f startup, 4 hits), HP (9f startup, 5 hits)

Whirlwind Wall – HCF+K: Azam spins his body rapidly, creating a 7ft tall cyclonic projectile that slowly moves horizontally towards his foe. All versions doe 3 hits. LP(fastest start up, travels ½ screen), MP(slower startup, travels ¾ screen), HP(slowest startup, travels fullscreen), (EX fastest start up, travels fullscreen)

Critical Art:

Sandstorm Buster -360°x2 +P: Azam grabs his opponent and executes a Sand Splitter into a (LP) Tornado Driver into a (HP) Tornado Bomb. (400 damage)

Reasons to be in SFV:

Rashid has been in a solemn mood since the loss of his friend at the hands of F.A.N.G. To cheer his master up, Azam is organizing he own version of the MECC. He's hoping to gather worlds best grapplers together to put on grand show to lift Rashid's spirits.

*MECC (Middle East Combat Club) is the Street Fighter universe version of the ADCC (Abu Dhabi Combat Club. The ADCC is a competition between the best submission grapplers in the world of various disciplines. Zangief, Mika, Laura, and Alex would be likely competitors.
    Post edited by Darc Requiem on
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,776
    What cameos are we expecting in his story mode?
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,759
    edited July 17
    @Darc Requiem your design was better and interesting than Capcom would have been if Azam was even possible Thanks man.

I wasn't into Azam, I'm just playing devil advocate their in the first place I was studying people pattern and reliability to their design and preference. He wasn't part of any of my wishlist in fact it had a lot of Final Fight from the start.

People might be even be more surprised to my stand than the Capcom reveal. I just know mys stand is to the known is easily defendable and reliable than any speculator and rumongerers. In fact I was the one that first speculated Abobo as Abigail than any other here.

my previous post
    just please no Azam or any Dolls that is fought literally in storymode.
    please no Azam...

Probably and Hopefully fake but please not Satsuki there are more females that can suit in SFV from SF universe, I would consider Azam but please let it be different.
    Please not this guys Ed, Azam, Ishizaki, Shibazaki, Eliza Masters, Eisbhan,.....

it's better with Eagle, Sodom, Maki, Viper, Q, Haggar, Blanka, Feilong, Necro, Retsu, Lee, Honda, Rose and Abel

If new characters let it be along Sean's Cousins, Tom and his Sparring Friends, Slammaster's Wrestlers, Delta Red, Yoga Masters, Not-In-Cinematic-Mode-Dolls, Shadaloo's Cyborgs, Final Fight Bosses, Elder Guys in Rival Schools, Effie Goutetsu and Genryusai.
    Who's next Azam? then Mahesh, Ishizaki‎ and Shibazaki? Nooooooo!

Please Capcom enough with siblings, relatives, subordinates, apprentices and assistance gimmicks.

Give us MASTERs, BOSSes, SUPERIORs, SENSEIs and LEGENDs!!
    Some how I want characters not to be apprentice,subordinates, assistant or relatives, like were ain't getting more of masters, rivals, elders and bosses..

Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 20
    mad gear tires!!
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 17
    Leaked Necalli win quote to Abigail:
    "Gigantic physique. Inferior soul. I'll still en...enjoy this full course meal for dinner."
    edited July 17
    @Darc Requiem

forgive me for the my manner of reply like it in a weird answer and tone it was for cestus for the more previous post that i compiled about azam and abigail that wasn't able to fix it yet that I edited latter.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 17
    -* ref pics
    Lobo_DC.jpg602x0_519edf40d175b.jpg
    5888890-7645937721-g8hnx.jpg

This is LOBO

and Abigail never comes close in near to Lobo character at many ways.

If your saying big body and strength that is meh comparison of reference

Lobo is as cool as Deadpool which is a mercenary and the other is bounty hunter independent not your typical Abobo thug and a goon.

Lobo his not slow and he is skilled that fights with weapons, traps and guns without hesitation the strength is just a bonus because of his alien physiology like superman.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • ScotiaScotia There's a good chance I hate your favourite character Joined: Posts: 281
    Abigail looks like fucking shit.

16_abigailscreens07.jpg

How the fuck did anyone at Capcom think this was OK to release?
    "If I lose today, I can still win tomorrow. -Sean Matsuda

Mains

SF3
    Sean
    Alex
    Ken

SFV
    Ken
    Alex
    Ed

"We await your return, warrior..."
    edited July 17
    Scotia wrote: »

Positive reaction!!

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Scotia wrote: »
    Abigail looks like fucking shit.

16_abigailscreens07.jpg

The same creative minds that gave us Rufus and FANG
    mykka wrote: »
    What cameos are we expecting in his story mode?

Roxy, Axl and J
    As are the ones said to be still in contact with him after MGG fall

Also fun speculation about Abigail's story =)

Alex seem to have ever trouble with his car:

in his stage
    maxresdefault.jpg

then in his story

then again in ASF (at 51:25)

Maybe it's time he bring it in a car officine? =)

16_abigailscreens11.jpg

He punch people like Damned in Mighty Final Fight or probably some of his attack might be inspired by other in that game. He had Haggar Punches...

Capcom design choice is to be wacky so I don't expect any serious take to his character design.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    I'm laughing that his hair is a maple leaf, this is gonna be fun.

About his stage, maybe as the day cycles other characters may show up? The French leak does look different as Cestus mentioned. I'm curious what his stage hazards will be.

Curious to see what his personality and intelligence will be like. Dude's got his own shop, so that counts for something. I get he's not for everyone, but I can dig wacky characters, I just wanna see more of his moves and try him out.

Really glad that they're pushing forward with more stages this season also.

edited July 17
    They'll probably retcon it hard since there is no strong information about him other than the encounter of Guy and Cody. He'll probably isn't in the same boat with Hugo.

He seems to be a skilled worker because he got his own shop as a living in his stage since it's obviously named to him (unless capcom would pull a complicated excuse situation) unlike Hugo that all he does is fight and wrestle.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • ScotiaScotia There's a good chance I hate your favourite character Joined: Posts: 281
    Abigail blog is up.
    Making his way from Final Fight to Street Fighter V, Abigail was one of the top ranking members of the Mad Gear Gang. His territory is the Bay Area of Metro City, a location he terrorizes with his gargantuan size, and at eight feet tall, he makes the Red Cyclone look like a spinning top. The tires around Abigail’s monstrous biceps make is clear what he’s been up to when he isn’t cracking skulls. This mountain of a man is a complete (mad) gear head that loves to make car noises almost as much as he loves driving them.
    One thing that’s troubling Abigail is the whereabouts of his prized monster truck. Be sure to check out his character story as he brawls his way through the mean streets of Metro City in search of it.

Also looks like the Metro City Bay stage will have a sunrise:
    ...as well as his own personal stage, the Metro City Bay Area. Fight on this stage long enough and you might see the iconic sunrise that fans will remember from back in Abigail’s Final Fight days.
    "If I lose today, I can still win tomorrow. -Sean Matsuda

Mains

SF3
    Sean
    Alex
    Ken

SFV
    Ken
    Alex
    Ed

"We await your return, warrior..."
    edited July 17
    So will Sodom be involved into this? Since Sodom has a truck?

I wonder what excuse reasons Capcom would do about him and Hugo having similar fashion sense or preference of clothing?

Since Abigail is using his headswap appearance/original FF1 design.

Two thing came into mind

Will Capcom turn Hugo and Abigail into buddies of some sort?

Or it just a Mad Gear way to identify and differentiate their fellows in the middle riots and rumble?

Is their something about Poison and Roxy that tells why they where similar excuse?

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 17
    So like Dudley, Abigail is going to be out looking for his prized vehicle.

I wonder where it is.
    edited July 17
    Okay you know what? As a monster truck driver, he kinda works.
    So will Sodom be involved into this? Since Sodom has a truck?
    Sodom has a semi truck. That's very different from a monster truck.

• Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,295
    Who do you think makes the most sense as Abigail's story fights? I can't think of anyone outside of Birdie and even that is a stretch. I clearly remember they said they considered putting Sodom in, but then dropped him, because his story wasn't tied to the current story at all. I guess that didn't stop them from putting this shitty iteration of one of the most iconic characters of FF in.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,623
    @Darc Requiem

forgive me for the my manner of reply like it in a weird answer and tone it was for cestus for the more previous post that i compiled about azam and abigail that wasn't able to fix it yet that I edited latter.

No big deal man.