The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Comments

• EterTCEterTC New Challenger Joined: Posts: 125
    It's all fine guys, I didn't mean to sound like an angsty teen lol. I just felt that the Superman talk was way off topic, and certainly not what I was expecting to read here today, but I imagine that's what happens when there's nothing else to talk about. There's a few days until Kolin comes out, and we could get a new CFN profile at any time. I can wait.
  • PoisonKissPoisonKiss Beautiful Disaster Joined: Posts: 972
    EterTC wrote: »
    It's all fine guys, I didn't mean to sound like an angsty teen lol. I just felt that the Superman talk was way off topic, and certainly not what I was expecting to read here today, but I imagine that's what happens when there's nothing else to talk about. There's a few days until Kolin comes out, and we could get a new CFN profile at any time. I can wait.

It just came across a little rude lol. Like we are all just shooting the shit here. You don't need to wave a finger and get us back on topic.
    SFV: Kolin, Laura, Menat. | IJ2: Black Canary, Cheetah. | MvCI: Morrigan/Gamora. | PSN: eleusiswalks
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,774
    edited February 25
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Superman is a stupid and garbage character
    Eat poops.
    and hiding his idendity bia mere glasses is simply stupid.
    Well...I mean, okay. Yeah.
    Like, I get that he's one of the first Superheroes, but could they really not evolve his concept of the course of the series' several decades long history?
    The 90s animated series is still pretty much the best portrayal of the character.
    Batman is just generally more interesting as a superhero precisely because he's a regular human

He doesn't have any superpowers - can't fly, can't shoot lasers, can't breathe in space, can't crack planets into two, and so on
    That's bullshit.

The instant you possess technology that doesn't actually exist in the real world, you aren't a "regular human" anymore. And Batman can do ALL of those things with his infinite wealth and nonexistent tech.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,470
    You know, I've always been interested in how Capcom would design Superman, Batman, and various other DC characters in a fighting game. We've already seen how they've handled many Marvel characters (with even more on the horizon for Infinite), but it's always fun to imagine how their approach would be with DC characters.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,293
    While we still on the Superman-Batman thing:

People that can't imagine Superman being evil, c'mon, no one ever saw the Justice Lords chapters in Justice League? That is how Superman would turn out to become antagonistic: still believing in justice, but giving hope on people's capacity for redemption and potential to do good.

That aside, whether you consider Superman being better turned to the the good or the bad guy, fact is that by his nature his stories tend to be awfully predictable: guy moves at the speed of light, doesn't even need to dodge bullets, pulls out lasers from his eyes, gale winds from his breath and whatnot from his ass, the only way to put a little tension to his stories is to come with these extreme cheese of a plot device aka the krytonite to about almost every chapter or story involving him to the point that whenever he's in action I instantly began o wonder when is the kryptonite going to show up. To the guy that went on muddling the waters with the "anyone can be turned bad by poor writing", the thing is that poor character design and leads to unexciting action sequences proper of boring invincible hero has been Superman's thing since his very beginning and not just some decline as of late (his original quarrel with Luthor was because of Luthor losing his hair...). Compare to Batman's storytelling which can go from deciphering detective mysteries, getting a variety of devices from the old grappling hook to some other novel ones and with potential to be used on clever ways and potential to be helped by a number of good sidekicks, instead of old ladies and children watching passively from the ground a match happening on the skies from which they are so irrelevant they could only be a bother should some building falls off and starting they generic screaming while you're just wondering why Supes just doesn't laser through the opponents body and ends it all quickly.

Not denying that an overexposure of Batman can turn him unbearable (now you understand why I can't stand Bison and the umpteenth remake of him being stopped by the same good guys) but Superman as a character for enticing plots and action sequences has serious problems that just don't go away because any attempt at fixing his issues and give him a refreshing start gets stopped cold by the people that want him to his same "iconic" (read:bland) self.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,240
    javert wrote: »

People that can't imagine Superman being evil, c'mon, no one ever saw the Justice Lords chapters in Justice League? That is how Superman would turn out to become antagonistic: still believing in justice, but giving hope on people's capacity for redemption and potential to do good.

That aside, whether you consider Superman being better turned to the the good or the bad guy, fact is that by his nature his stories tend to be awfully predictable: guy moves at the speed of light, doesn't even need to dodge bullets, pulls out lasers from his eyes, gale winds from his breath and whatnot from his ass, the only way to put a little tension to his stories is to come with these extreme cheese of a plot device aka the krytonite to about almost every chapter or story involving him to the point that whenever he's in action I instantly began o wonder when is the kryptonite going to show up. To the guy that went on muddling the waters with the "anyone can be turned bad by poor writing", the thing is that poor character design and leads to unexciting action sequences proper of boring invincible hero has been Superman's thing since his very beginning and not just some decline as of late (his original quarrel with Luthor was because of Luthor losing his hair...). Compare to Batman's storytelling which can go from deciphering detective mysteries, getting a variety of devices from the old grappling hook to some other novel ones and with potential to be used on clever ways and potential to be helped by a number of good sidekicks, instead of old ladies and children watching passively from the ground a match happening on the skies from which they are so irrelevant they could only be a bother should some building falls off and starting they generic screaming while you're just wondering why Supes just doesn't laser through the opponents body and ends it all quickly.

Not denying that an overexposure of Batman can turn him unbearable (now you understand why I can't stand Bison and the umpteenth remake of him being stopped by the same good guys) but Superman as a character for enticing plots and action sequences has serious problems that just don't go away because any attempt at fixing his issues and give him a refreshing start gets stopped cold by the people that want him to his same "iconic" (read:bland) self.

You haven't read a good Superman story. The fact that you constantly reference Kryptonite shows that. It's the ultimate bad writing crutch involving Superman. There are several heroes and villains that can give Superman a run for his money. He's not even the the most broken hero in DC. Wally West's version of the Flash is by far. My first inclination that Batman v Superman was going to be a disappointment was when they mentioned Kryptonite was begin introduced. Of course, I won't delve into the utter ridiculousness of that match up to begin with.
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,774
    I have to say, I'm really liking his current depiction in DC comics as a father.

Taking a character that's kind of lame in a cheesy, wholesome, goody-two-shoes kind of way and making him into a cheesy, wholesome, good-two-shoes dad is actually a really good fit for him.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,217
    thread is so dry we talking about superman. lool. anyways is DC vs Capcom ever gonna happen?
    thread is so dry we talking about superman. lool. anyways is DC vs Capcom ever gonna happen?

The thread only hits rock bottom when we talk EX :coffee:
    Cestus wrote: »

bitchslap.gif

SFEX > comics bodybuilders in latex suits

=)

SFEX > ..........................................................................error.....error....nothing is less than SFEX
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,038
    Anyone want to talk about Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation?

I liked that there was a bearded guy that wasn't a huge stereotype. Now we've got Hot Ryu, and Rashid is cool too.
  • EterTCEterTC New Challenger Joined: Posts: 125
    edited February 25

bitchslap.gif

=)

SFEX > ..........................................................................error.....error....nothing is less than SFEX

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

It was... interesting. It looks a bit painful to play, judging from the gameplay videos and the move list you posted in the wiki. I see it as a non-serious novelty game made just for the hell of it.

Batsu and Akira in an SF game is something you won't see anywhere else, but I don't know who the other characters are, and I don't think anyone else here does, really (MAYBE Cyborg 009, at least I've HEARD of it). Chinese novels? What a random source to get licensed characters from. They might as well be original characters created for the game, and it wouldn't make a difference. They do look interesting, that's for sure.

The most amusing aspect for me is the character of Shin. He has a cool design (even if he looks like Ken's head in Charlie's body) and he's something SF never had until Juri: a Taekwondo rep. Juri is one of my least favorite characters, so I'd rather have him to be honest. His moveset looks OK, he even has Sonic Booms.

Shin_3_.jpg

Without a doubt the most obscure character that's ever been playable in SF. The Monitor Cyborg, the Bison Troopers and the Cycloids are movie stars compared to him. But I think they should give him another shot.

All in all, it's a crossover no one asked for, with a gameplay style that seems too gimmicky to be effective. Hardly anyone outside of Japan has played, but I still would've liked to try it, just as a curiosity.

Shin should come back. He deserves a CFN profile at the very least.

Oh, and even Barack Obama was in that game.

al6m8n.jpg
  • TrueBackLashTrueBackLash And then there was one. Joined: Posts: 318
    mikros wrote: »

I liked that there was a bearded guy that wasn't a huge stereotype. Now we've got Hot Ryu, and Rashid is cool too.

You mean Hico (that guy with the axe)? Yeah, he looked pretty cool.
    Ultra SRK Signature 3 EX plus Alpha: Online Mouse Generation
    EterTC wrote: »

bitchslap.gif

=)

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

It was... interesting. It looks a bit painful to play, judging from the gameplay videos and the move list you posted in the wiki. I see it as a non-serious novelty game made just for the hell of it.

Batsu and Akira in an SF game is something you won't see anywhere else, but I don't know who the other characters are, and I don't think anyone else here does, really (MAYBE Cyborg 009, at least I've HEARD of it). Chinese novels? What a random source to get licensed characters from. They might as well be original characters created for the game, and it wouldn't make a difference. They do look interesting, that's for sure.

The most amusing aspect for me is the character of Shin. He has a cool design (even if he looks like Ken's head in Charlie's body) and he's something SF never had until Juri: a Taekwondo rep. Juri is one of my least favorite characters, so I'd rather have him to be honest. His moveset looks OK, he even has Sonic Booms.

Shin_3_.jpg

Without a doubt the most obscure character that's ever been playable in SF. The Monitor Cyborg, the Bison Troopers and the Cycloids are movie stars compared to him. But I think they should give him another shot.

All in all, it's a crossover no one asked for, with a gameplay style that seems too gimmicky to be effective. Hardly anyone outside of Japan has played, but I still would've liked to try it, just as a curiosity.

Shin should come back. He deserves a CFN profile at the very least.

Oh, and even Barack Obama was in that game.

al6m8n.jpg

There are Super Combos this for the game too, it's just I'm out for the afternoon spending time with family. I'll put those up as soon as I can though.

The funny thing about that game is that it feels more like Marvel/Tatsunoko vs Capcom than a true SF game. Why they call it Street Fighter is anyone's guess, its about as relevant to the series as SF2010.

I do like how everyone but Pres. Obama (who was a Ryu reskin anyway) a "bio". The fact that had a fairly deep fighting system for a freaking mouse was impressive to me.

As for Shin, he's the last playable original character not to have a SFV bio and artwork or at least a mention like Geki 1. And to honest his fighting style is similar to Guile and Chunli. Still he looks pretty cool to me.

Overall, looking into this game fascinates me.

• AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,591
    edited February 25
    PoisonKiss wrote: »
    thought it was classic girlfriend in the fridge stuff. Not my cup of tea. And even with the grossness of 'we murdered pregnant Lois Lane', I don't really ever buy Superman going fascist. It's so out of character.

That's the beauty of alternate universes, characters can be out of character.

The Injustice comics have been great story wise. One thing I don't like is that despite all enemies that can clearly beat Superman (Gods, magic users), he gets victory handed to him at most turns. It's annoying.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,591
    bakfromon wrote: »
    Holy hell! I post one picture of Alfred punching the Man of Steel in the face and the whole thread turns into a DC discussion...What kinda pandora's box have i opened lol?

pandoras-box_euirga.jpg

Pandora was such a cool character, I hope she gets resurrected. Really, DC has a supernatural, mystical version of highlander in their hands. A movie about her would be very interesting.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,037
    edited February 25
    Somewhat unrelated, but our dear Caitlin Glass (the ENG voice of Cammy) will be voicing Vados in Dragon Ball Super. Pretty cool huh?

SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,794
    Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?
    Ferris Bueller is the final silhouette for season 2. This is him in his glam rock phase. I'm sorry to spoil this everyone but I couldn't take the guessing anymore.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,699
    edited February 25
    @TrueBackLash and @Etcetera

with a slight redesign Shin would work because his character isn't fleshout yet... since we have just few sonic boomers/wind cutter in SF than fireball guys everywhere..

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • PoisonKissPoisonKiss Beautiful Disaster Joined: Posts: 972
    PoisonKiss wrote: »
    thought it was classic girlfriend in the fridge stuff. Not my cup of tea. And even with the grossness of 'we murdered pregnant Lois Lane', I don't really ever buy Superman going fascist. It's so out of character.

That's the beauty of alternate universes, characters can be out of character.

But if the idea is that it's 'our' universe but events and circumstances diverged, they shouldn't be entirely different people. That's just bad writing.

SFV: Kolin, Laura, Menat. | IJ2: Black Canary, Cheetah. | MvCI: Morrigan/Gamora. | PSN: eleusiswalks
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,470
    edited February 25
    Great stuff as always, Darc.
    Soul Riposte – F+KKK : a spinning back kick to the midsection that sends the opponent a full screen away

With cowboy boots? Ouch. No wonder it sends them that far back.

Can't wait to see Rose.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Great stuff as always, Darc.
    Soul Riposte – F+KKK : a spinning back kick to the midsection that sends the opponent a full screen away

With cowboy boots? Ouch. No wonder it sends them that far back.

Can't wait to see Rose.

Thanks. I actually didn't have too much trouble with the V-Skill and V-Triggers this time. Which surprised me.

I have the basic outline for Rose in my head already. Honestly thinking on it now, I don't know if she'd be that interesting. My idea doesn't really deviate from her known design that much. Her V-Skill and V-Trigger aren't that inventive. Outside of a tweak to Soul Throw and one new special attack. She's pretty much Rose. It's just a matter of committing everything to text and finding a decent narrative reason for her to be present.

I actually have an idea for Roxy too. I'm not sure if it will sit well with everyone. I think I have a good idea that would really solidify the bond between her and Poison.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,600
    @TrueBackLash and @Etcetera

with a slight redesign Shin would work because his character isn't fleshout yet... since we have just few sonic boomers/wind cutter in SF than fireball guys everywhere..

Tbh i liked Guile to be the only Sonic Boom char... then Nash appeared and it was still cool too, because he was his friend/master

Remy already felt redundant imho
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    For the bios for Street Fighter Online, I snagged them from the dead official website (via Wayback Machine) if you guys are interested. They're in untranslated but a quick spin to Google Translate should give you a jist.
    Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation

Street Fighter/Rival Schools
    Ryu
    「真の格闘家」を目指し、修行の旅を続けている。
徹底した求道者ぶりはやや常識人ばなれした印象を抱かせる。今回も彼の目的は変わらず、自分より強い奴を探している。

Chun-Li
    麗しいICPO(国際警察機構)の特別捜査官。
犯罪捜査中に行方不明になった父を探すため、自らも刑事の道へ進む。独自の解釈を加えた父親譲りの中国拳法に、様々な拳法を取り入れ、得意の蹴り技に磨きをかけている。

Zangief
    赤きサイクロンの2つ名で呼ばれる、ロシアの英雄ザンギエフ。
偉大なる指導者との出会いにより、己の進む道を教えられたザンギエフは、鍛え抜かれた強靭な肉体と、そこから繰り出される数々の技を武器に、愛する祖国のため今日も戦い続ける。

Guile
    米空軍に所属するガイルは、親友の仇を討つためシャドルーを追い続ける。
マーシャルアーツにプロレス技などの、独自のアレンジを加えた戦い方が ファイティングスタイルになっている。
鋭い攻撃は、相手を瞬時に制圧するほどの攻撃力を備えている。

Ken
    リュウの幼いころからの同門であり永遠のライバル。
全米格闘選手権、ワールドバトルトーナメントツアーなど数多くの格闘大会で優勝した経歴を持つ。
基本的な格闘スタイルはリュウに似ているが、その性格や修行環境の違いから、リュウとは微妙に異なった型や性質の技を使う。
ケン独自に編み出した技を見ても、その格闘センスの高さをうかがい知ることができるだろう。

Batsu
    直情的で口が悪く、喧嘩っ早いところもあるが、病弱の母親を心底労る優しい心の持ち主。
正義感が強く、善人が馬鹿を見て悪人が良い目を見る、という世の中の理不尽さに怒りを覚える熱い男。

Akira
    陳氏太極拳を操るバイク好きの女子高生。以前は行方不明の兄を探すため男装して男子校に潜り込んでいたが、無事解決し、進級を機に女子校に転校した。
基本的には内気で心優しい女性的な性格の持ち主。

Shin
    日本人の父を持ち、韓国人の母を持つハーフの若者。天真爛漫で底抜けに明るい性格だが、その一方わがままで自分勝手な一面を持っている。かっこいいこと・派手なことが大好きで、自分の容姿に自信を持っているナルシスト。
格闘技を嫌い、絵を描き、音楽に夢中だったが、留学先のアメリカで観戦したバーリトゥードが彼の魂に火をつけ格闘家への道を決意する。ただそれは偶然などではなく、父は元空手家・母は高名なテコンドー一家の娘との間に生まれたゆえの必然。だが本人はそのことを露とも知らず「見た目が華麗でかっこいいから」という理由からテコンドーの道を行くのだった。

Jin Yong Novels
    Hico
    刀法の達人、胡一刀の一人息子、胡斐。
人は彼のことを雪山飛狐(ヒコ)と呼ぶ。江湖に聞こえし侠客で、その性格は豪放にして磊落。父ゆずりの胡家刀法の比類なき強さを恃んで、父の仇を討つべく、世界を旅する。

Teiran
    政治の表裏に暗躍した暗殺教団、五毒教。その教祖にして、あらゆる毒を自在に操る美しき少女、何鉄手(テイラン)。
平然と命を奪う冷酷さを持ちながら、勘違いから男装の娘に恋慕するという可愛い一面も持ち合わせている。

Baichofu
    江湖を恐怖のどん底に陥れた、外道を極めた殺人鬼。
秘伝の武術書「九陰真経」を修行することで、「九陰白骨爪」の使い手となるが、その秘伝書が不完全なものであったために、夫の陳玄風とともに外道に落ちてしまう。
なお、夫婦で「黒風双殺」と呼ばれる。

Reikochu
    中国及び中国圏で著名な小説家金庸の武侠小説「笑傲江湖」からの登場キャラクター。
お人よしで陽気で大酒飲みの主人公で華山派の一番弟子。
そのおおらかな性格ゆえに善悪を問わず多くの人間から慕われる。
無敵の剣法、独孤九剣を習得することで屈指の剣の使い手となる。 
ただ、剣術においては無敵であるが徒手空拳は苦手な一面も持ち合わせている。

Shu Hakutsu
    推定60歳前後と高齢ながら武術の達人。武術に傾倒しており、暇さえあれば修練を怠らない。ただ、かなり子供っぽい部分が目立ち、いたずらが大好き。左右互縛術(さゆうごばくじゅつ)という、左右の手を別個独立のものとして使うことで、単純な戦力が2倍になる武術を扱う。しかしながら、その習得にはあまり頭で物事を考えない単純な性格をしていることが条件で、複雑に物事を考えるタイプでは聡明さが邪魔をして習得ができないとされている。

Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 004
    本名、アルベルト・ハインリヒ。
アルベルト・ハインリヒは恋人のヒルダと、東ベルリンから西側へ脱出を計るも失敗、警備隊に銃撃され恋人は死亡、自身も瀕死の重傷を負った。直後『黒い幽霊団(ブラック・ゴースト)』に拉致されるが、銃撃によるダメージが大きく、身体機能の大部分を機械によって置き換えられる事となった。結果、全身を武器庫と化した戦闘に特化したタイプのサイボーグとして、右手指はマシンガン、左手には電磁ナイフ、大腿部にはマイクロミサイルが内蔵された。さらに体内には原子爆弾が収納されており、その圧倒的な火力から『死神』とも呼称されている。
    ※004は、パーツの組み換えが出来ません

Cyborg 005
    ネイティブ・アメリカンの居留地に住んでいたが、白人社会に迎合する仲間たちに失望し、『黒い幽霊団(ブラック・ゴースト)』の誘いに乗り、改造された。無口で穏やかな性格の持ち主で、自然に宿る精霊を感じることができる。
    ※005は、パーツの組み換えが出来ません

Cyborg 006
    口から高温の火炎や熱線を吐き、土の中にも自由に潜ることができる。元々は中国広東省に住む農村の出で、貧困のあまり自殺を図ったところを、『黒い幽霊団(ブラック・ゴースト)』に連れ去られて改造された。
食いしん坊で陽気な中年男で、臆病者ではあるが、心が広く懐が深い人物である。普段は中華飯店「張々湖」を経営しており、料理の腕前は超一流。
    ※006は、パーツの組み換えが出来ません

Cyborg 009
    ゼロゼロナンバーサイボーグの開発で培われた技術を1 体に集約させた万能型のサイボーグ戦士。日本人の母と国籍不明の外国人の父のと間に生まれたハーフで、差別を受けながら育つうちに不良少年となった。少年鑑別所からの脱走直後に『黒い幽霊団(ブラック・ゴースト)』に捕らえられて改造された。持ち前の正義感と、差別や偏見に晒された少年時代の記憶から、人間の尊厳を踏みにじり虐げる者に対しては強い怒りを持っている。
ゼロゼロナンバーサイボーグのリーダー的存在である。
    ※009は、パーツの組み換えが出来ません

Miscelenious
    Johannes Krauser II
    『デトロイト・メタル・シティ』(作:若杉公徳)は、大分から上京してきたオシャレなポップ音楽好きの青年・根岸崇一(主人公)が、自身の嗜好とは真逆の悪魔系デスメタルバンド『デトロイト・メタル・シティ』(通称『DMC』)のカリスマギターボーカル「ヨハネ・クラウザーⅡ世」として、悪魔メイクと衣装で活躍する羽目になる ギャグ漫画です。
    ※ヨハネ・クラウザーⅡ世は、パーツの組み換えが出来ません

Gavin
    『宇宙刑事ギャバン』は、1982年から1983年まで全44話がテレビ放送された、「宇宙刑事シリーズ」三部作の第1弾の作品です。
iio代名詞ともいえるメタリックのスーツをはじめ、特徴ある変身シーン、ドラマ性のあるストーリーなど新たな試みは、後に称される「メタルヒーロー」として新たなジャンルを確立し、現在も根強いファンを獲得しています。
    ※宇宙刑事ギャバンは、パーツの組み換えが出来ません
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 3,012
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    Superman is a stupid and garbage character

K. Cool. Wanna share why you feel that way? I'm not running a cult and think you all need to like him lol, but I'm curious to see why people think low of him other than the canned "He's overpowered/He never faces challenges/he's perfect"

I just feel that Superman's whole gimmick of being nigh invincible and hiding his idendity bia mere glasses is simply stupid. Like, I get that he's one of the first Superheroes, but could they really not evolve his concept of the course of the series' several decades long history?
    This is why various DC related media is pushing Superman into "evil" spectrum, as seen in Injustice or Batman v Superman for example

Batman is a less realistic character than Superman. It's plausible an alien would have abilities beyond human beings. It's utterly impossible for any human to do what Batman does and not get shot in the face.

Superman gets the edge on being a better hero both in-universe and as a concept, however, because Superman is based on hope as an example of good. Batman is inherently about fear and an example of retribution. Giving people an example of good is much more effective than fear, ergo Superman is better.

Also Batman is a blatant, naked rip-off of the totally awesome Shadow and a work of absolute plagiarism (come at me, Batfans! It's a fact and you can't dispute it!)
    javert wrote: »

You're reading shit Superman stories (which unfortunately have become the majority.

A generic murder mystery? Wow amazing.

Yeah no, Superman's best stories are about him using his powers in imaginative, inventive ways to overcome superior foes. That art has been HEAVILY lost, however, by modern lazy writers who are unimaginative and straight-up lacking in talent. He used to have tension by combating problems he COULDN'T face down with superior force...now that is gone.

If one pays attention to the market they'd actually see this is a problem across many MANY characters. Batman is no-longer a good martial artist and the worlds greatest detective, he's the worlds best EVERYTHING and can't lose to even multiple fighters. So the top-tier martial artists that were JUST martial artists? No longer a remote threat to Batman. That is stupid. Wolverine who used to be able to be killed by a few gunshots to the chest? Yeah he can survive a nuke now. Etc etc. Writers have become lazy to the point that they just fan-wank bigger and bigger stupidity instead of giving us good stories. It's heavily symptomatic of comics in general for a long time. The power creep for popular characters has become INSANE and dumb. It's why guys like Spidey, Cap and Iron Man are gaining far more traction...they have not had anywhere near that power creep. They are kept more "mortal" and interesting.

Superman used to face the UNIVERSE as his playground and he was powerful but outclassed by others ALL THE TIME. Then they started shitting on that.

FFS just look at pre-Crisis Mongul vs Post-Crisis Mongul. What a joke.

Hey, guys...are we big enough as a thread to warrant our own off-topic story-thread thread? Serious question. Hmm.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • gian2412gian2412 sorry for my English. Joined: Posts: 394
    No, no please continue this discussion about Superman and Batman; I learned a lot about Superman in particular, I don't read comics and I used to hated them, I despised the Superfriends show when I was a kid but I really like Batman and Superman animated series and later I fell in love with the Justice League on CN which was in my opinion a masterpiece!!

I liked their shows but not them; I have always preferred the villains Joker, Lex Luthor and Darkseid were incredible, I never understood the traction people felt for Batman until I plays Arkham games (what was cool about him,to put it one way) and now with what I have read here I begin to understand about Superman (that story about the girl on the building was very good) I will never prefer good guys but I like to learn about them as characters.

Bison's buffs I want. 1)Reliable AA. 2)Ex.Inferno invincible reversal (VT-Ex.Headpress suck!!!) 3)Airborne Scissors, 4)Slide safe at maximum range. DLC season 3: Rose, Oro, Sodom and Garuda (almost impossible the last one but a man can dream). Bison's cape and his SFA3 theme.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,699
    After recent the recent CFN releases that mentions Mech Gouki, I am patiently waiting.. hopefully after him there would have Fallen(Revenger) Balrog, Cyborg Nash and G13-EX Zero Gouki.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    edited February 26
    Here is Rose. I really didn't get to stretch my legs with this one. Let me know what you think.
    [...]
    Soul Piette

That was Piede, Italian for foot.

V-Skill:

Soul Reflect – MP+MK : Rose uses her soul power to absorb or reflect projectiles. B+MP+MK absorbs. MP+MK reflects projectiles horizontally. D+MP+MK reflects projectiles upward. Only reflects projectile attacks. Can be used as a physical attack. B+MP+MK hits lows. MP+MK hits mid. D+MP+MK puts her opponents into a juggle state.

V-Trigger:

Soul Illusion– HP+HK : Rose uses her Soul Power to conjure two shadow images that last until her V-Gauge drains completely. These images mimic Roses normal attacks and can also hit her opponent. In addition to greatly boosting Roses combo potential, it also increases the amount of gray life her medium and heavy attacks generate. This helps compensate for her lower than average damage output. 2-bar V-Trigger

That's exactly what I thought about Rose's possible V-System overall. :clap:

I'll make the correction ;)

Edit: The sad thing is I did a Google search because I wasn't sure and got the wrong info. This is yet another reason why I'm glad you are around @Miðgarðsorm
    Post edited by Darc Requiem on
    BTW speaking of Batman and Batman games. The next game should be Arkham Beyond with Terry McGinnis as the main playable character and Bruce Wayne as your support like Alfred/Oracle all set in a futuristic Gotham city with new villains and threats.

It'd give an excuse for having to learn skills Bats already has in previous Arkham games and give a good reason for all new gear & abilities while also totally reinventing the look of Gotham.

I would pre-order that game Day 1.

Batman + Blade Runner = Win.

Hell, if they want to wank more Joker they could even have him as an AI that also talks to Terry to try and influence him or something (though I'd say forget the Joker...give him a rest for a while)

• gian2412gian2412 sorry for my English. Joined: Posts: 394
    Why Rose have only two in power? If I remember correctly she is the only person who defeated Bison in a fight one vs one, if there is a female character who can have 5 in power without a doubt is Rose, at least 4. And No, I do not take into account the one whose name should not be said.
    Bison's buffs I want. 1)Reliable AA. 2)Ex.Inferno invincible reversal (VT-Ex.Headpress suck!!!) 3)Airborne Scissors, 4)Slide safe at maximum range. DLC season 3: Rose, Oro, Sodom and Garuda (almost impossible the last one but a man can dream). Bison's cape and his SFA3 theme.
    A Rose in SFV that is designed not as a blatant rip-off of Lisa Lisa would be nice. Her design is inferior to Lisa Lisa in pretty much every way as it is...so change her up.