The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 161
    WISING DWAGON
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,429
    edited August 9
    Edit: Double post
    edited August 9
    1) Given that he is of Catalonian descent, it's kind of interesting that Capcom would make him a matador even though a lot of Catalonians are against it.
    I assume they're also against murdering people. But Vega is into that too.
    bakfromon wrote: »
    Allen Snider got a slight redesign
    I'm still waiting to see at least one Fighting Layer character in this. I'm hoping it's not just SFEX minus the SF.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,835

i'm from greece with phone and can't post pics (can but is annoying lol), but all these with american colors on like Sllen, T7 Paul, HNK Ain etc are all a bit inspired by Joe Lewis america gi in his old vhs
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,348
    Can't say I'm a fan of the artwork for this game, but I'm still pre-ordering it. Knowing Arika, I'm sure it'll be full of (unlockable) content.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 206

Sorry but Fighting Layer characters aren't hype builders, EX characters are. Nobody is going to be hyped for this guy.
    capriccio-bust.jpg

What are you talking about? I'm hyped as hell for- Er...

Half-man, half-shark, half-bee person?
    L-Lovecraftian Q-Bee?
    Err...

Oh well. Capcom vs The Cthulhu Mythos would be an interesting idea.
    I'd main the shit out of Cammy and Yog-Sothoth!
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!
  • ScotiaScotia There's a good chance I hate your favourite character Joined: Posts: 298

Fuck yeah! Love Allen Snider!
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    I'm still waiting to see at least one Fighting Layer character in this. I'm hoping it's not just SFEX minus the SF.

Apparently they're only going for 10 characters at launch, with the rest of the EX and Fighting Layer characters as DLC if the game does well, so I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.
    "If I lose today, I can still win tomorrow. -Sean Matsuda

Mains

SF3
    Sean
    Alex
    Ken

SFV
    Ken
    Alex
    Ed

"We await your return, warrior..."
  • Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 206
    edited August 9
    Who else here is going to buy the Arika game? I know I am.

It will be nice to see the EX characters back, especially since it may be hard for them to ever come back to an actual Street Fighter game.

And in all honesty, DarthEnder has a point. Some EX characters are kinda misfits for the series. Having their own game may be the best way for those characters to come back into the spotlight.
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!

I doubt i will

I still defend the position that SFEX got some of the best character designs of the SF series, much better thsn a lot of meh stuff SFV will get from the missing avaible cast

But i will have liked recover them in SF, no interest in see them in a c level game

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,596
    I am. I loved Ex back in the day and I like what Arika's been doing with connecting with the audience, so I definitely wanna reward that. Plus all that nostalgia in the music, I gotta get some of that!

Random:

All the hype I got for Eagle makes me want to know more about him. Do we know how he got the scar? I'm sad the moustache hint turned out to be a joke by sneakers. I'd love to see Eagle in the game and I'd hope they'd use the CvS2 design along with all those delicious quips. Dude's got some lethal disses and now I wanna voice him.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 1,971
    Sorry but Fighting Layer characters aren't hype builders, EX characters are. Nobody is going to be hyped for this guy.
    C'mon guy. That's cherry picking the worst one and you know it.

Fighting Layer has plenty of characters that are on the same level as the EX characters design.

And, hell, most of them are still better than the likes of Area and Shadowgeist.

:lol: Lmao, ok you got me, but still, they aren't gonna be the hype builders EX characters are. They want the game to actually do well, and if nostalgia is one of the selling points they're using they 're not gonna add characters they know a majority of their fans don't want right away. People want EX characters now, not Fighting Layer ones. Maybe if the game does well that will give them the incentive to add them but they want the focus on EX characters for now.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,943
    Pullum, Hokuto, and Blair = Goddess's.

I am half joking. I would play all of them, but it in fact, many of the characters that I curious about from the Fighting Layer. SFEX was so... badass. The music in the series did it great justice. SFEX1 and 2 were just badass installments for the Street Fighter franchise, despite not being made specifically by Capcom themselves. I loved Guile, Hokuto, Ken, Pullum, Ryu, and Bison's theme songs the most.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??????????????????
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,809
    I've heard many great OST's throughout the yrs.

But when it comes to fighting games, EX Plus Alpha's OST is still unrivaled to me. Especially Sakura's theme. Shit sounded like a morning Japanese talk show theme you'd watch before going to school. I remember sitting on the swings at the park thinking about how I couldn't wait to get home to play EX and listen to Guile's theme. It was fitting because I'd usually have that thought once the sun was going down. Most of my experience playing SF4 consisted of me playing the EX soundtrack in the background. I'll love them forever.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,596
    Absolutely love EX + @'s. Sakura's theme always instantly shoved the image of cherry blossoms and anime goodness in my mind, Guile's was cool adventure steadily amping up, Skullo's was a start of a venture into mystery and intrigue, Garuda's was dynamic and eternal battle between two evenly matched foes, forever fighting, never tiring, Chun Li's was the perfect mix of tragedy, power, grace and duty.

I honestly loved thinking that themes like Chuns, Guile and Sakura's should be their official alternate themes. The way Alpha 3 introduced new themes, I'd accept these are their official "new themes". All the tracks were great, but those above stood out to me soo much
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    Best SFEX series song will always be this
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,864
    We talking EX now?

giphy.gif
    edited August 10
    They want the game to actually do well, and if nostalgia is one of the selling points they're using they 're not gonna add characters they know a majority of their fans don't want right away. People want EX characters now, not Fighting Layer ones. Maybe if the game does well that will give them the incentive to add them but they want the focus on EX characters for now.
    Sure but...they ARE the same universe already more or less. Fighting Layer already had Allen and Blair in it.

I'm curious as to whether the big boss of the game is going to be Garuda or something, or if we might see the Dracula Bison that is Vold make his return.
    We talking EX now?
    Hey now, we're talking about how its it's own separate game now. And that's a wonderful thing.
    edited August 10
    So, I don't know if anyone else knows how to trim the CFN images out of their backgrounds, but the album is still missing images for:
    Meteorito Jr.
    Antler Inoki
    Demon Machami
    Shin
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    EX series music is godlike. SF has individually awesome tracks but I am not sure if one single game can compare with the EX series for music. Hmm. Maybe Alpha 3? Music in that game is amazing.

Speaking of Alpha 3 and Vega...

Vega+Stage+Street+Fighter+Alpha+3.gif
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    EX series music is godlike. SF has individually awesome tracks but I am not sure if one single game can compare with the EX series for music. Hmm. Maybe Alpha 3? Music in that game is amazing.

Speaking of Alpha 3 and Vega...

Vega+Stage+Street+Fighter+Alpha+3.gif

Not saying i dislike that stage but ever thought it looked too "happy" for Vega

An actual ancient spanish mansion with classic statues, paintings and sinister vibe could do wonders to the char, but they never did

• YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,873
    Hey guys! Just so you know, I'm gonna be streaming live in about 10 minutes (11 eastern). Me and my buddy stream every week at this time but I'm solo tonight because he's on vacation.

The channel if anyone is interested! Not sure what I'm playing tonight!
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,873
    Hey guys I'll be streaming again next Wednesday (and my buddy Walter will be back). If there's a game you'd like to see, lemme know.

On the plate so far we have the next episode of (the awful) Batman telltales game

https://www.youtube.com/user/eyeson42

That's our channel. Go about 1200 subs at the moment, trying to grow and have fun with it.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
    edited August 10
    So what? Rival Schools is now pretty much in the SF universe, it had Sakura in it
    Sakura is a guest character in RS. Allen and Blair aren't guest characters in FL.
    so should they just start throwing a bunch playable RS characters in SFV? I don't wanna see any more school kids running around SF.
    Me neither. But I don't think the two situations are comparable.
    So what? Rival Schools is now pretty much in the SF universe, it had Sakura in it
    Sakura is a guest character in RS. Allen and Blair aren't guest characters in FL.
    so should they just start throwing a bunch playable RS characters in SFV? I don't wanna see any more school kids running around SF.

Not sure why Darth got a Get Rekt for this. It's a factual assessment of the situation.

They're all guest characters when they appear in a different series than what they originate from. Allen, Blair, and Sakura all have different stats in their guest character appearances.

Sakura has a different blood type in RS
    Blair and Allen have a different blood type in FL than their official SF counterparts
    Blair and Allen have different weight and height stats than their SF counterparts

The main thing is the blood types, they tend to change them if attributed to a guest character as overseas blood types determine the individual's character.

If they weren't guest characters than they would have at least kept the blood types the same.

But they are, it's just your general dislike of EX characters being part of the SF universe clouds your judgment.

edited August 10

Not sure why Darth got a Get Rekt for this. It's a factual assessment of the situation.

He gets a "Get Rekt" for providing no facts in his "factual assessment". If he finds some sort of facts that point to Allen and Blair not being guest characters in FL than I'll, at least, retract my get rekt statement from him. So far, the blood type determines whether or not Sakura is a guest character in RS, so why not Blair and Allen?

X-Kira say we will see 7 stages before the end of the year

iirc

-Cammy sf2
    -Urien sf3ts
    -a thailand ruins stage (Sagat ftw)
    -Fang stage
    -Mika ring
    -CWA ring
    -??? (Menat's? <- my guess)

Pretty hyped if true, the more stages the better

Fun thing is Necalli can benefit more than Urien himself from atzec sf3ts... still waiting the day they understand Urien need dat greek stage

2 wrestling ring sound stupid to me (specially already having 1st cpt one), but can be ok if they do it as alt versions of same shit

Lol at giving fucks about get rekts

Cestus wrote: »

iirc

-Cammy sf2
    -Urien sf3ts
    -Fang stage
    -Mika ring
    -CWA ring

Fun thing is Necalli can benefit more than Urien himself from atzec sf3ts... still waiting the day they understand Urien need dat greek stage

2 wrestling ring sound stupid to me (specially already having 1st cpt one), but can be ok if they do it as alt versions of same shit

In other news, the clipping is still there.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

iirc

-Cammy sf2
    -Urien sf3ts
    -Fang stage
    -Mika ring
    -CWA ring

Well they already have 3 of those kinda done (FANG, Mika, and CWA). Thailand in ruins would be amazing (and canonically correct!). Totally hyped for the remaining stages. They can hit two birds with one stone if they give us Urien's 2i stage instead, and Menat can share it.

iirc

-Cammy sf2
    -Urien sf3ts
    -Fang stage
    -Mika ring
    -CWA ring

In other news, the clipping is still there.

clipping is annoying, but ifwe speak about graphic/aesthetic i will let it be if as trade they fix some terrible 3D models (and maybe stop hiring modellers that don't know/care shit about SF style in favor of shitty personal interpretation

An acceptable fix of Alex entire 3D model and Ken's face will be enough to make me forgive all the clipping

Also the crap fog.
    Crap fog is worse than clipping even if is intentional.
    Game aesthetic will benefit so much it being toned down by 30/50%

I was curious why so I asked. Wasn't even my post.

I was curious why so I asked. Wasn't even my post.

Not even specifically related to the situation, i just find hilarious care about get rekts lol

PVL_93_RU wrote: »

iirc

-Cammy sf2
    -Urien sf3ts
    -Fang stage
    -Mika ring
    -CWA ring

OH BOY, MORE PAID FUCKING DLC INSTEAD OF FIXING THE GAME! YAY!

And as usual the 3D modellers working on stages are'nt hands stolen from game balancement lol

Reality is game will be built on a DLC plan that will cover until very end... lol at being outraged at each announcement of update for something that will go on like that until 2020

Also i think large majority of stages is unlockable with FM

Cool, I got my first buried post

Had my first buried post....
  • Fretless94Fretless94 Joined: Posts: 415
    If those seven stages turn out to be true, I guess most characters will have their own stages.

Ryu - Suzaku Castle
    Chun Li - Bustling Side Street
    Nash - Shadaloo Base?
    Bison - Lair of the Four Kings
    Cammy - SF2 Stage
    Birdie - Union Station
    Ken - ???
    Necalli - Forgotten Waterfall
    Vega - Flamenco Tavern
    Mika - Mika Ring
    Rashid - Skies of Honor
    Karin - Kanzuki Estate/Kanzuki Beach
    Zangief - CWA Ring
    Laura - Hillside Plaza
    Dhalsim - Apprentice Ally
    FANG - That beta stage
    Alex - City in Chaos
    Guile - Air Force Base
    Ibuki - ???
    Balrog - High Roller Casino
    Juri - ???
    Urien - Olmec Ruins
    Akuma - Temple of Ascension
    Kolin - Underground Arena
    Ed - Temple Hideout?
    Abigail - Metro City Bay Area
    Menat - Whatever it ends up being
    Am I in the minority when I say I don't like Sagat's stage? I like everything about Sagat, but that stage... I don't know. I mean they remade it for SFA3 even. Is it really that good? I must be missing something. Can anyone explain to me the fascination?
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,809
    I just always liked the setting. I didn't know much about SF lore as a kid, but I always liked how one of the "evil Grandmasters" had such a nice calm stage compared to the others. You had people cheering on Balrog as he punched your lights out. You had people cheering on Vega as he tore through your flesh with his claw. Sagat, though? None of that. Just a big ass statue watching as he tosses Tiger Shots at you constantly. The music certainly helped as well.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    edited August 10
    Am I in the minority when I say I don't like Sagat's stage? I like everything about Sagat, but that stage... I don't know.
    I'm with you. I don't get the appeal.

I also don't much care for his theme song. It's too laid back, and does that weird atonal thing towards the end.
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,746
    He's a calm guy. Laid back suits him.
    Can my anti air please not trade