The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,384
    Honestly I prefer the SNH finisher not because it made Ryu an edge lord which I'm not also into, but rather it is a meaningful event that has a significant influence to Ryu background along with Sagat, Bison, Gouken, Ken, Adon, and Akuma, It was some kind of a moral thing like Phantom Miria said. It was something that made SF3 Ryu bested his former self and transcend from a certain level.

Unlike Akuma SGS to Bison in SF2 and Akuma's SGS which was more based on vague events and information.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,262
    edited October 6
    bakfromon wrote: »
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Also in the very same manga you champion as being the superior depiction of Ryu vs Sagat, Ryu's SRK has enough power to split a boulder without having to use SNH.
    Sagat's chest is stronger than a boulder.

Exactly why he wasn't bisected like the boulder. The guy is strong enough to shrug off bullets, take a direct hit from a boulder splitting attack and survive, destroy swaths of forest with a Tiger shot, yet for some reason some people in this thread claim because the main character of the series isn't depicted using his dark powers to defeat him he's somehow portrayed as weaker now?

None of those mean anything if he's losing to A BOY! Hugo survived a fucking Shin Shoryuken, yet we know most of the cast can kick his stupid ass, pre-SFV era Sagat included. Now? I doubt it.

If we want find a simple explanation, there's a world of difference between be punched without expeting it or be ready to tank the hit

Like a really stupid punch can drop you if you don't see it coming, while way bigger punches happen to be tanked relatively well

Like this dude, go to 0:22

yet when you're not as ready, 8:53

Hugo was likely ready for it and somehow tanked Ryu's ShinSRK.

Sagat thought he won, let his guard down (even just relaxing) and got KTFOed by Ryu's SRK

I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,262
    Also, those cinematics in the trailer could mean at least one of the paths has cutscenes, though it might be specific to the characters that belong in the path.

Tbh i just think the CG thing will become SFVAE general intro like this is for SFV

Complete version will probably add Ed with Neo Shadaloo shit going on, Zeku and i guess Sagat+Sakura

I really doubt it's Arcade mode related

Said that i hope we get ASF level of ingame graphic cutscenes for the "official" SFV path

ps:watching the original intro make think how many stuff they changed in final version of ASF
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero It's time for Halloween. Where dem succubus functions? Joined: Posts: 3,137
    That Ryu vs Sagat image may have been taken out of context.

Maybe the Satsui no Hadou "was" used but the artist drew it in such a way where you cannot tell if that is the case.
    However, throughout the series and based on the impressive summaries made from the SRK users on this thread discussion, the Shoryuken was designed to be an exceedingly violent martial arts technique in of itself and was initially forbidden by Ryu's sensei Gouken. Ryu just had to rely on it because he was losing pretty badly. However, this makes Ryu looks stronger than he actually is and it also makes Sagat look like a weaker character, which admittedly does not sit very well with me (because, I like Sagat from both a game play perspective and especially as a character).
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Whip, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Jin [Xiaoyu, Eliza, M. Raven, Lee, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??? (Cammy, Menat, Ryu, Bison, Ibuki)
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,140
    I wonder if rival battles/cutscenes will still be a thing.
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 367

Same here. I love unlocking illustrations even if I don't look at them more than once. And the 100+ endings is the icing on the cake. I might buy the game again just to show my support. The question is, will I be able to play on my current account using the AE disc?

Your CFN account is tied to your Steam or PSN account, so buying another disc shouldn't affect anything.
    I think.
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,047
    Sagat done laid Hugo's ass out by just standing there.

Sagat don't give a fuck...

There are actually more panels than just that, but yeah that's basically the message I was trying to convey.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,047
    That Ryu vs Sagat image may have been taken out of context.

Maybe the Satsui no Hadou "was" used but the artist drew it in such a way where you cannot tell if that is the case.

I thought of this too honestly but the way its depicted is just so mild. There's not even a speck of blood (I'm pretty sure this is a T rated game that covers "Mild Blood" I'm pretty sure they could've added some blood for this) and the scar just looks like he got a bad burn or something, definitely not the cleaving we normally see in every other depiction from comics to anime.

If he was using SnH its the mildest depiction of it ever and since he couldn't even draw blood from Sagat it also speaks to how tough Sagat is just getting some brush burn from an attack that was intended to kill him.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,649
    edited October 7
    Also, those cinematics in the trailer could mean at least one of the paths has cutscenes, though it might be specific to the characters that belong in the path.
    I think it's more likely that AE simply has a new intro.
    Cestus wrote: »
    Tbh i just think the CG thing will become SFVAE general intro like this is for SFV
    You mean that awesome intro that they didn't actually bother to put in the game?
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,384
    Agree lets see what would be Sagat's SF1 ending that is in comming.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,705
    Also in the very same manga you champion as being the superior depiction of Ryu vs Sagat, Ryu's SRK has enough power to split a boulder without having to use SNH.

Exactly why he wasn't bisected like the boulder. The guy is strong enough to shrug off bullets, take a direct hit from a boulder splitting attack and survive, destroy swaths of forest with a Tiger shot, yet for some reason some people in this thread claim because the main character of the series isn't depicted using his dark powers to defeat him he's somehow portrayed as weaker now?

See, stuff like this makes me terrified of the unmatched horror the original Anatsuken practitioners could bring. You guys said Akuma's tatsu was a decapitating scythe kick right? Good lord, they must have splattered their enemies across Japan.

Volt wrote: »
    I'd like if the newer characters had somethng explaining their backstory during the older games where they didn't show up.

For example, Ed wasn't even born in SF1. But it could show Shadaloo discovering how to put Bison in another body, while Bison's SF1 ending could show the rise of Shadaloo itself.

It would be way better than generic endings that are ultimately pointless, especially SF1 which will get like, 4-6 reps at best in this case.

Yeah, SF1 was the origin, SF2 was the start of the series as we knew it, so they could play with that. Newer characters in SF1 get origin, early life stuff, SF2 it start of their journey and you could stagger it for some of the newer characters. For example, Charlie's SF1 ending could be talking about how he and Guile were delinquents as shown in SFIV's lore, got thrown in jail and then get to him in the US Martial Arts days. Alpha is self explanatory, SF2 could show him post mortem days as the Illuminati begins to look for him due to the prophecy and SF4 could be summing up his resurrection and offering new details.
    It's in the game. It just only shows up the first time you boot the game. Seriously what idiot at Capcom said "Let spend money on a sweet CG intro that the player will only see once".
    I was hoping there would be an option to turn it back on, or at least let it pop up if you idle long enough. :(
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,753
    Well, at least the intro should be in the new Gallery, right?

All that money could've been used to something better, like an actually functional netcode that doesn't seizure when the opponent isn't your neighbor or a good fireball for Ryu...
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    edited October 7
    It's in the game. It just only shows up the first time you boot the game. Seriously what idiot at Capcom said "Let spend money on a sweet CG intro that the player will only see once".
    Actually, the one in the game isn't even the full cinematic that they released online.

But with AE getting a Gallery mode, I suspect you'll probably be able to rewatch it there.
    Something I've always wanted in a Street Fighter game was a Story Mode that would basically be a retelling of the previous stories. Something along the lines of Mortal Kombat 9.
    Absolutely what I wanted as well. Give the entire series' story the ASF treatment. So we can have one consistent canon telling of the story for once.

Of course, such a story mode would require every SF character to be playable. Something else I've wanted.
    edited October 7

DLgLTduVAAAC490.jpg

Psycho Crusher!

Finally!! The only thing that is left to make @Daemos proud is the Alt costume with Cape!!

The other earlier image was different? Are we getting Vtrigger activation with directional execution for Bison?
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    See, stuff like this makes me terrified of the unmatched horror the original Anatsuken practitioners could bring. You guys said Akuma's tatsu was a decapitating scythe kick right? Good lord, they must have splattered their enemies across Japan.

Now with that said, Capcom could really match the guys from Mortal Kombat!!

Their special moves are equivalent to fatalities and brutalities already.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,492

None of those mean anything if he's losing to A BOY! Hugo survived a fucking Shin Shoryuken, yet we know most of the cast can kick his stupid ass, pre-SFV era Sagat included. Now? I doubt it.

Ironically, you kinda sound like Hugo back in the SF3 Ryu Final Manga
    Boasting about how he tied in a match with Ryu while throwing cheap potshots at an unflinching Sagat while criticizing him for losing and being scarred because of it. Hugos' fist are literally bleeding because of him hitting Sagat in the back of the head and Sagat just laughs and shrugs it off like nothing. Hugo then proceeds to crush him with the head of a giant Buddah statue and Sagat is still unfazed, but now he's pissed and quickly disposes of Hugo.

uPuI141.jpg
    jpBHoAW.jpg

I didn't know Ryu Final was canon.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,021
    [Hugo Vs Sagat in the SF3 Ryu Final Manga]

Man, I've never read Ryu Final, but everytime I see a page or read something about it it seems the most retarded thing ever and it takes away any will to finally read the thing.
    mikros wrote: »
    Man, I've never read Ryu Final, but everytime I see a page or read something about it it seems the most retarded thing ever
    Weird, because it's the exact opposite of that. You must have shitty eyes.
    edited October 7
    Imagine Hugo with that Super Move!!

Any thoughts and ideas guys?

Agree with him in Tekken for making the feel of the fight.

Because the depleting life gauge give a bit of tension and intense ina senario based conflict.

That the interesting part of that storymode is for being sequence based rounds instead the typical overall encounter because sequential based moment give more elaborate feel of interactivity that makes every memorable strike in the FMV more defined and meaningful before the round had begin like a quick time event that namco had done long ago with the soul series. Because in SFV and MVCi a lot of matches are to define a encounter and match as a whole unlike in tekken they are divided into sequences.

Agree also in some few in injustice.

As for Arcade mode endings. Future Fighting Games should look into Motion Graphics as animation like doing animated comic panels/Motion Comics.

Disagree with some on MVCi.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,124
    ugh... Udon should be nowhere near this game
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 836
    Imagine Hugo with that Super Move!!

Any thoughts and ideas guys?

Agree with him in Tekken for making the feel of the fight.

Because the depleting life gauge give a bit of tension and intense ina senario based conflict.

That the interesting part of that storymode is for being sequence based rounds instead the typical overall encounter because sequential based moment give more elaborate feel of interactivity that makes every memorable strike in the FMV more defined and meaningful before the round had begin like a quick time event that namco had done long ago with the soul series. Because in SFV and MVCi a lot of matches are to define a encounter and match as a whole unlike in tekken they are divided into sequences.

Agree also in some few in injustice.

As for Arcade mode endings. Future Fighting Games should look into Motion Graphics as animation like doing animated comic panels/Motion Comics.

Disagree with some on MVCi.

Interesting video by Max. I agree and disagree with some of his points.

He is right that a story mode isn't "necessary" for a successful fighting game. But Story mode = content. And more content (especially with something as massive as a story mode) would attract more casuals to that game if presented well. Netherrealm puts in a lot of resources into their story modes and their content, and that's why they always do well in sales. SFV was the perfect example of only catering to the competitive side of the audience (which will never outnumber the casual side). Their story mode on release felt rushed, was too easy, and wasn't very good. It also didn't help that there wasn't an arcade mode without Add that to their long list of launch day sins made SFV did poorly in sales in their initial sales.

Now I know ASF was Capcom's first time at story mode, and they did screw up with some of their character representation, lore, etc. But I would argue that if ASF was in the game before hand, and that they marketed it for their upcoming release, their sales numbers would drastically be better. I think DigiValentine said it best. "I like storylines in fighting games, i want to feel that these characters are fighting each other for a reason, not just because it looks cool. I like to have an emotional investment with the character i'm playing as. I want to care about them."
    Characters, story, these things get us emotionally invested in the game. And that is great for replay value, and bringing people back more into the franchise with future games. We don't want to see them as "avatars" we use to beat people up online, but we (especially casuals) want to care about these characters. We want to see depth, personality, history. When they feel real, people connect with them. And it makes playing as them more rewarding.

What all of this boils down to is content. Content attracts casual audiences. Usually the more content, the more people want to play. If SFV had an arcade mode, gallery mode, basically everything we're getting in the Arcade Edition patch to start, who knows how good their sales would be.

Personally, I can forgive Capcom for mucking up with ASF because it was their first time in trying to create a fleshed out story mode. It clearly isn't their specialy. It's like asking a pastry chef to cook up a 5-star, 5-course meal. Sure they have skills to get them in this position, and some of the courses won't be as good (or will be downright awful) than others. But they do specialize in one thing, and it will show.
    And having years of doing "intro/cutscene/ending", this was uncharted waters for them, and they had no idea how deep their lore actually runs, or how passionate people can be with the characters, story, history, and interactions. We had high expectations for them for something they tried doing for the first time. We expected them to give us a Netherrealm product.
    With that said, dispite butchering some of the characters and lore in ASF, I would LOVE (and I mean it) for Capcom to do more story modes in future games. Sure Arcade mode endings would do enough to expand the story of the characters. But I think that experience under their belt, and hoping that the learned from their launch day mistakes, they can have another crack at story mode and possibly give us something better, something more immersive, something deeper.
    Chun-Li fan & main now & forever.

CHUN-LI FAN COMICS

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?

Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

I am an Actor, Writer, Filmmaker, and Street Fighter Fan

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 18 - Chun-Li v. Balrog: Drowning
    *edited Oct, 06, 2017: Page 18 Completed
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,021
    edited October 7
    mikros wrote: »
    Man, I've never read Ryu Final, but everytime I see a page or read something about it it seems the most retarded thing ever
    Weird, because it's the exact opposite of that. You must have shitty eyes.

I don't know if the rest of it will be better, but any "fight" where one of the characters gets a clean hit on the other who's not even on guard and the attack has no effect that's an instant turn off for me.

Also isn't this the same manga where black people use trees as their telephone system, where Ryu beats Dudley by punching better than he does, and where Ryu can live without a heart and one lung? And the same author that had Sakura beat Maki and put a fight against Ken?
    Post edited by mikros on
    edited October 7
    Agree Storymode is now an essential and a standard in FG as long the big FG dev names are into it like NRS and Namco's Tekken.

NRS has the best storymode

and It wasn't really the storymode that lead MVCi poor impression. To be specific and clarify things it was the ART DIRECTION and the returning characters that is the major factor then follow other stuff especially the game UI.

While SFV poor impression was the lack of arcade mode and few characters

What really made tekken relevant is the feeling of more interactive matches because it is defined as sequential rather than overall encounter.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wonder if we can play non-SF3 characters in SF3 arcade, and if we do will we get a chronologically correct ending? For example, if we play Bison in SF3 Arcade, will we get an ending that depicts him at that point in time? Or are the arcade mode paths restricted to characters from that game?
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,492
    Daemos wrote: »
    I wonder if we can play non-SF3 characters in SF3 arcade, and if we do will we get a chronologically correct ending? For example, if we play Bison in SF3 Arcade, will we get an ending that depicts him at that point in time? Or are the arcade mode paths restricted to characters from that game?

They did tell us we get an ending for each character in each path.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans I'mma make u buy me lunch later! Joined: Posts: 737
    edited October 7
    Daemos wrote: »

This might help answer your question:

"You actually will fight the characters from those games (SF1, SFA, SF2, SF3, SF4) that are in 5"

From: https://mobile.twitter.com/BornFreeTweets/status/916326311815237633/video/1

So it doesn't seem likely that we'll be able to use Bison in the SF3 arcade ladder... But all those 100+ endings that we'll see from characters who are from those respective games will be super fun! I'm anticipating the retcon conversations!!
  • ScotiaScotia There's a good chance I hate your favourite character Joined: Posts: 321
    edited October 7
    If it ends up being the case that you can only play through an arcade path with the characters that were in that game, then it'd be awesome if each path had that games original character select screen with those characters in it, original music and all.
    "If I lose today, I can still win tomorrow. -Sean Matsuda

Mains

SF3
    Sean
    Alex
    Ken

SFV
    Ken
    Alex
    Ed

"We await your return, warrior..."