The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,738 mod
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,926
    Handakes wrote: »
    I don't Know it, and I want to!
    I have loved fighting games all my life (i am 23) but i started trying to "get gud" only recently, so in the past couple of years i have invested a lot of time in a lot of them, but mainly Street fighter (4 and 3S)..
    now that SFV is coming out, i am intending to ride that train all the way from to the start to the very finish, i am not gonna miss the "childhood" of another fighting game if i want to be better, but i have no idea what it's all about, albeit for some vague story lines and plots ..
    the only credible -and awesome- source of info i had was the web series (street fighter assassin's fist) by the forever awesome Joey Ansah, so i was wondering, If i want to catch up with everything that i have missed in the series' story, is there a fun source to know it other than just trying to read a soulless block of text narrating the synopsis? i know there were some animated series along the years, and a God awful movie or two, but is any of them a credible source of info?

Ironically, Assassin's Fist isn't canon, so you may have to take parts of it with a grain of salt. You'll be happy to know those same guys are working on a Street Fighter: Resurrection series for SFV on Machinima.

If you want to start with the story that is bona fide valid, the best start would be with SF4's materials. I say this only because everything else is rather poorly defined, and some things are retconed with SF4 anyway. That said, Capcom also made several animated works for SF4, which were linked in the old thread. @Daemos , you may want to add that stuff back to the OP.

If you want the whole story, there's a 4.5 hour dump where you can watch the whole thing at your own pace:
  • LOVECYCLONELOVECYCLONE Joined: Posts: 171
    Gentlemen, I'd like to know if someone of you has a consistent translation of Sagat's ZERO2 ending where he left Shadaloo for good. The english version is more like "I'm just going out to find myself, see you later guys", which doesn't fit with his journey of redemption. Thanks.
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,047
    Didn't Sagat's rematch against Ryu during Alpha/Zero 2 lead him to question himself?
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • NoatokNoatok Joined: Posts: 17
    edited December 2015
    One thing regarding Charlie:

I am not sure if it has been mentioned before or if it has been explained in the Charlie Nash comic (I haven't read it).
    But is it possible that the new greyish bodyparts Frankencharlie has in SFV are actually parts of Seth's body?
    The Illuminati reconstructed him, so it's more likely a prototype of what 12 is made out of than anything to do with Seth.
    That said, I could see them having 12 be Urien's improvement on the design of Seth.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,641
    Noatok wrote: »
    I am not sure if it has been mentioned before or if it has been explained in the Charlie Nash comic (I haven't read it).
    But is it possible that the new greyish bodyparts Frankencharlie has in SFV are actually parts of Seth's body?

Impossible. Charlie "died" long before S.I.N. and Seth have even appeared, I'd assume the experimentation over his body would've been accopmlished much earlier

Regarding the Ono's announcement on SF5's story mode being updated and expanded over time - this certainly hints at either of the two things:

1) The game's Story Mode is essentially done in SF Alpha way, where each character has his/her own storyline, and there's really no true Final Boss this time as every character has his or her own nemesis, after defeating which their storyline will end

2) The game's Story Mode is done in a Chapter-based way and, similar to 1), every character will have their own chapters where they go through their own friends and enemies, but after defeating the main rival, only their chapter concludes, but the mode itself continues onto the next character. This essentially results in a complete character rotation and allows expanding the story further

I also think that the story itself will not go in a "Chapter 1 > Chapter 2 > Chapter 3 ... etc" model but rather have intentional blanks in it which will be filled by the DLC charactersm so every newcomer will expand and explain the main story of the game piece-by-piece, similar to how modern TV shows or multi-part movie/cartoon sagas keep the action going on and on and keeping you at the edge of your seat, meaning that we will only see the TRUE ending years later and not initially, but we'll be given hints at what is going on
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • True TatsuTrue Tatsu Senpuu or Seppuku Joined: Posts: 1,657
    Daemos wrote: »
    Totally missed those winquote. Capcom ar fucking trolls. I don't see Yun and Ingrid's arcade modes being canon at all.
    Unless Ingrid found Yun at the end of SF3 and took him for a ride (missing MvC2 and having an excellent adventure) into the SFA series. Although, :s no one talks about their bogus journey into CFJ.

Just like in DBZ, :D Future Yun (from SF3) is so much more well better received than regular Yun (from SF4) and... totally canon time travel is totally canon =)
    :sad: tier bending :bluu: the saltiest of techniques :shake:
    No wonder Yun's so damn top tier; he's been training with Ingrid the whole time!
  • JackTenrac!JackTenrac! Dollar Yen - Level 304 Joined: Posts: 2,808
    edited December 2015
    I bet everybody dies cause nobody was in street fighter 3

- Or focusing on their own lives since Bison was defeated/killed/asplode and he was an anchor to some of the plotlines. Charlie's avenged. The dolls are released or died. The Illuminati probably dismantled Shadowloo the minute they used Fake Bison to kill off Seth and S.I.N. Now, they're probably in the last stretch of that in V with F.A.N.G. screwing things up as a possible spy since he looks like a Spy vs. Spy.
    Brett at T7- "Bearrama?!"
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 835
    LOVECYCLONE;10503461"]Anyway, new SFV illustration with the full initial roster. Bengus' compositions are always sexy.

4nsmSBO.jpg

Dolls' redesign here plus traffic warden Chun-Li.

BkxaCuX.jpg

Loving the new SF illustrations. I know some are hard to see, but do you guys see any clues that could reveal any plot details? I ask because the Tutorial Mode for the beta used Bengus art to move the "story". Maybe something could give us a small hint?

Regarding the Ono's announcement on SF5's story mode being updated and expanded over time - this certainly hints at either of the two things:

1) The game's Story Mode is essentially done in SF Alpha way, where each character has his/her own storyline, and there's really no true Final Boss this time as every character has his or her own nemesis, after defeating which their storyline will end

2) The game's Story Mode is done in a Chapter-based way and, similar to 1), every character will have their own chapters where they go through their own friends and enemies, but after defeating the main rival, only their chapter concludes, but the mode itself continues onto the next character. This essentially results in a complete character rotation and allows expanding the story further

I also think that the story itself will not go in a "Chapter 1 > Chapter 2 > Chapter 3 ... etc" model but rather have intentional blanks in it which will be filled by the DLC charactersm so every newcomer will expand and explain the main story of the game piece-by-piece, similar to how modern TV shows or multi-part movie/cartoon sagas keep the action going on and on and keeping you at the edge of your seat, meaning that we will only see the TRUE ending years later and not initially, but we'll be given hints at what is going on

I think it would be interesting if story mode was broken down into sagas. Each season giving us something new: new characters to play as and against, new subplot, information that drives the main overarching plot, etc.
    It would definitely be engaging and have people who enjoy single-player content coming back to it.

part of me wants to have each character have their own "chapter", but I would love to revisit old ones too. I would think the main characters (Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken) as well as the main antagonist (Bison, maybe Nash) would have the main plots revolve around them, so revisiting them and playing them again in future chapters and seasons would make a lot of sense. I don't want it to be where you finish playing a character in the first chapter of story mode and then you never play as them again, even if they are so pivotal to the story.
    Chun-Li fan & main now & forever.

CHUN-LI FAN COMICS

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?

Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

I am an Actor, Writer, Filmmaker, and Street Fighter Fan

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 18 - Chun-Li v. Balrog: Drowning
    *edited Oct, 06, 2017: Page 18 Completed
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,283
    I wonder if the dolls will play a part in story mode. There's got to be reason for redesigning them.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited December 2015
    @bakfromon: yes. This is Sagat's ZERO2 ending in english and the one I remember from my player days. In that ending he is painted like a mere puppet. Could be just a goofy and distorted translation. I'm curious if the original japanese version has the same approach regarding leaving his position. He should be more like "I don't belong to this place, sayonara annoying bastards" and start is reinassence from that point.

Anyway, new SFV illustration with the full initial roster. Bengus' compositions are always sexy.

4nsmSBO.jpg

BkxaCuX.jpg

Well regardless of translation, Sagat's Zero 2 ending is actually just a continuation of his original SFZ ending. Even though he may have taken a leave of absence from Shadaloo after Zero 2, his official resignation wouldn't come until shortly before SF4, as evidence of Shadaloo agents approaching him during C.Viper's SF2 aftermath short. Don't know what to say about the whole being portrayed like a puppet. I kinda found it a suiting position for him, given at the time he was driven towards Shadaloo to fulfill a selfish vengeful vendetta.

Great artwork. I feel like Bengus' SFV art is very reminiscent to his work in Marvel vs Capcom 2. All dolls besides Juli and Juni get fresh new redesigns accentuating their particular skill sets and native backgrounds.
    Post edited by bakfromon on
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
    LOVECYCLONE;10503461"]Anyway, new SFV illustration with the full initial roster. Bengus' compositions are always sexy.

4nsmSBO.jpg

BkxaCuX.jpg

Loving the new SF illustrations. I know some are hard to see, but do you guys see any clues that could reveal any plot details? I ask because the Tutorial Mode for the beta used Bengus art to move the "story". Maybe something could give us a small hint?

I think it would be interesting if story mode was broken down into sagas. Each season giving us something new: new characters to play as and against, new subplot, information that drives the main overarching plot, etc.
    It would definitely be engaging and have people who enjoy single-player content coming back to it.

part of me wants to have each character have their own "chapter", but I would love to revisit old ones too. I would think the main characters (Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken) as well as the main antagonist (Bison, maybe Nash) would have the main plots revolve around them, so revisiting them and playing them again in future chapters and seasons would make a lot of sense. I don't want it to be where you finish playing a character in the first chapter of story mode and then you never play as them again, even if they are so pivotal to the story.

If Capcom would go for the " Revisit the old chapters" path of doing the Story Mode in future arcs/sagas, then I would love if they did that from the perspective of other characters
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,953
    That Bengus art just flashed me back to my SFAlpha guide book so hard. Love it.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    edited December 2015
    Any chance that gets released stateside?

Their MvC2 artwork is the fucking business man.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    bakfromon wrote: »
    Time Mage wrote: »
    So, how powerful should we consider Juri to be, storyline-wise? Current Ryu level? Maybe not that much?

FSE Juri would probably at least rank as high as SF4 Ryu who singlehandedly beat Seth. What's interesting about her is that she can simultaneously be of one of the strongest and the weakest characters of the game thanks to that eye of hers. One can argue that one good blow to the face could defeat her, but that would be difficult to achieve for most Street Fighters.

I don't think it would be a total defeat for Juri if someone managed to extensively damage her FSE. Juri isn't solely reliant on her device like Seth is, and although it would probably provide a major advantage to her opponent it's not like she's isn't already a skilled fighter without it. Juri without her eye would probably be just as effective with her skills as Sagat is without his eye. The difference being that one is trained with ki extensively, and the other achieves ki manipulation through artificial means. If someone like Dan or Sean were somehow by a chance of luck manage to cause her FSE to malfunction it still wouldn't be a clear victory for them. They would still have a champion caliber fighter to deal with, just without the hax.

Thing is we don't know what Juri's natural chi levels are, but I am willing to bet that the FSE allows her to manipulate levels of chi far beyond what is humanly possible for her (and most Street Fighters but a handful). At merely 25, she is able to do things only the upper echelons of Street Fighters can do. I'm sure she is an excellent world class fighter without the FSE otherwise she wouldn't have been chosen for the experiment. I just don't see her being able to generate the chi levels we saw with her experience and fighting art.

Without FSE, she is at Karin or Cammy's level at best IMO. Both fighters trained extensively all their life just like Juri, so it makes sense for them to be around the same tier level.

And is Bison really, really gone? how many times can you kill the dude? He comes back every time. I mean, Akuma kills him in the end of SFII and TAH-DAH, he's back in SFIV. Heck, He was killed in the end of SFalphaIII and he's still survived.
    However, the way he was presented. And one of his quotes was "Running shadaloo since bison's untimely demise is so taxing". Now given that the person saying this was wearing Bison's clothes makes me suspect of an imposter. maybe Seth from SIN? All speculation. But there is neutral interest as to why Vega and "Bison" has interest in Chun-Li.[/spoiler]

The comics follow a different continuity from the official series.

As of SF4, Bison was only 'killed' twice. Once at the hand of Rose 'many years' before SF4 (referring to Alpha 1/2 ending most likely) and once at the end of SFA3/SF2 as seen in the Aftermath video. In the official continuity Bison is not dead. Even before SF4 was released, Capcom Japan at one point stated that Bison/Shadaloo are alive during the events of SF3. It remains to be seen what happens.

In the Udon continuity, Bison is dead. Killed at the hands of Akuma and everyone and their mother. I'm curious to see where Udon take this 'shadowy Bison-like figure'. They will likely revive him at some point to keep in line with the official timeline I think.
    Cipher wrote: »
    It's kinda sad that the dolls are still around. Why hasn't Cammy saved them yet?

She tried. She, Chun Li, Guile and all 12 dolls got bodied by Juri.

That is not exactly true.
    Chun got bodied,Guile too, every time Cammy attacked Juri, she just used Juni as shield.
    Juri attacked also every Doll one by one, Cammy had to fight all 12 at once in Alpha3 and still won.
    Yet Bison said at one point that all 12 Dolls together are strong enough to defeat him.
    Bison and Juri fought in the S.I.N Facility in the end of SFIV and from what I know defeated Bison her with ease.

Juris FSE is also a unfinished prototype that stops working from time to time or deactivates randomly if she gets hit. It also turns itself of if Psycho Power hits Juri, because it would overload the FSE, what would lead to a explosion.

The "save" Dolls are Juni and Juli.
    Juni woke up in the military hospital in London.
    Juli lost her humanity,doesn't speaks,eats or shows emotions. T.Hawk got her back in the of SFIV.

Summary: Juri didn't fight the Dolls at their full strengh, Guile and Chun are weak, Bison doesn't care about Juri and Cammy rather lose a fight than hurting a friend.

What? She only "shielded" herself with Juni once and it was to spite Cammy. It's not like she needs it.
    There's no indication Juri attacked dolls one by one. The scene begins with S.I.N. henchmen taking dolls one right after the other, and then we see dolls beaten up lying on the ground almost next to each other. I doubt there was a break between fights. And then Juri fought the last two dolls at the same time. They were hiding in their secret base, why wouldn't they be at "full strength"?

Can you show me where Bison defeated Juri with ease?

source

It is just that the Dolls were weakened without the presence of Bison. It is likely he'd boost their abilities through Psycho Power. But with him gone or out of the scenery, the Dolls were more easy prey.

But it is certain that Juri was fed with information about the Dolls fighting style and techniques, leaked by S.I.N.
    I guess the artificial eye is able to use that information to beyond human levels. While the Dolls probably met Juri for the first time, not knowing how to deal with her.

Guile certainly was not weak, he made Juri angry in the OVA. But he had other priorities, Chun-li and Cammy too. To protect the civilians and secure the area. A full scale fight with Juri would surely lead to casualties.

Cammy and Juri are tied in skills. It is just that Cammy does not try to demonstrate her assassination techniques. She wants to forget her past and not seek revenge. Juri tries to feed herself from hate and revenge. Two totally different characters.
    too slow!
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,705
    Noatok wrote: »
    One thing regarding Charlie:

I would say no, the biggest thing that has convinced me that those are all Nash's own pieces and not another person's is his face. Whether this is cloned or tainted tissue, it's still Nash and not Frankenstein's monster-style donor tissue. Looking at Nash's face, it matches - sure there's the colouration issues and scars, but it's not like his gray parts are illfitting or misshapen. I honestly think that he was really burned up and scarred and a treatment was applied to the wounded areas, but as a side effect they greyed out.

Overall, I think he just got out and started on his mission before being fully and aesthetically finished. He's fully functional and not going to fall apart. (If you look at his skeleton nothing looks out of place, so I think the stitches are are just skin deep.

Forgive me if I'm rambling, looooong week at work and limited sleep.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 3,787
    edited December 2015
    Umm...apparently Akuma is in Tekken 7. And, he's...canon?

Good luck sorting out the plot guide now, lol.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
    Well, fuck me, next thing you know they'll announce Tekken being in the same universe as Street Fighter
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Im kinda interested to see how Akuma's canon role in Tekken plays out. He owes Kazumi a debt for whatever reason, which is a first for his character. He looks like he's gonna play the role of her enforcer and subdue both Heihachi and Kazuya.

• DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Eternal wrote: »
    I kind of want an official canon Tekken character in SF5 just to throw all you guys into a tailspin of madness.

You monster.
    Im kinda interested to see how Akuma's canon role in Tekken plays out. He owes Kazumi a debt for whatever reason, which is a first for his character. He looks like he's gonna play the role of her enforcer and subdue both Heihachi and Kazuya.

A debt for what I ponder? What could Kazumi or even her parents have done for Akuma 'decades ago' that's so heavy a burden that he feels obliged to repay it so willingly, and violently.
    Akuma got left behind in the Tekken universe once Ingrid closed the cross dimensional time portal that linked both realities for SFxT.

KAZUYA IN SF5! PLEASE! I fucking LOVED him in SFxT!
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• johnson.carl96johnson.carl96 King of San Andreas Joined: Posts: 220
    Akuma is afraid of Necalli so much that he has jumped to the Tekken-verse?

---
    4nsmSBO.jpg

This image pretty much confirms Ryu, Necalli and Bison are the main players of this game.

---

I have a theory about Necalli being Ryu's rival in this game (as per the opening cinematic). Necalli's boss, i.e. the guy who Necalli is an 'emissary' for is the source of origin of SnH. This deity is pissed off that Ryu has rejected his 'gift' and has sent Necalli for retribution.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Did you really need that image to know Ryu, Bison, and Necalli are the main players this game? It's basically Bison and Ryu playing chess with everyone else being a pawn. And Ryu doesn't know he is playing chess. Oh and later Urien 'accidentally' knocks the table over half way through.
  • VolcanickVolcanick Rookie Magic Joined: Posts: 325
    If they really did tie the two worlds together, I wonder if Akuma owes her for helping him control his "devil gene"? That would be wild.
  • francis22francis22 Joined: Posts: 40
    So the SF universe is canon in the Tekken universe? WTF?!?!
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,451
    Those new Bengus images just make me think even more they should have gone with a different artist.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    It's not the artist it's just the style of art he's using to portray the characters this time around. It's very simplistic and uses a lot of angles, almost as if he's trying to incorporate the acuteness of the Roman numeral "V" within the essence of the illustrations. It's a new style he hasn't used for SF so it might not translate to what we're used to, but he has used this style in other works so it's nothing new in general.
    43965cd2021cbe1d5da9d079c0456398.jpg
    ae53a77afdba6c1598148fff0cdcb5bf.jpg

Although it's a different form, he's still using the vibrant colors and vivid facial expressions he's known for when portraying Street Fighters

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but Bengus has already illustrated how his haters look after a hard day of hatin.
    TGwLLWs.jpg?2

• ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,705
    *wakes up, notices Akuma is in Tekken not as a bonus character, but part of the canon, goes to floss, begins exhaustive check to see what universe I currently reside in*
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    *wakes up, notices Akuma is in Tekken not as a bonus character, but part of the canon, goes to floss, begins exhaustive check to see what universe I currently reside in*

yesterday... *Harada gets up, brushes teeth, spikes up hair and puts on a purple suit. Walks to a volcano carrying "Tekken canon" in his arms. Looks down at it then slowly uncurls his hands, letting "Tekken canon" fall into the volcano. He smirks*

In Ingrid's hastily attempt to close the SFxT dimensional time rift she confused the name "Akuma" with "Kuma" on the list of which characters should belong in which universe. Subsequently, we now have Akuma in the Tekken universe, and Kuma in the Street Fighter universe.
    Apparently SF Kuma owes a debt to Zangief for finding him and taking him in as a pet. He now serves as his training partner, and frequently attends his matches.
    JK1hhEK.jpg?1

Not even gonna "LOL" at this...because I'll wager it's factual. Nailed it.