The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Comments

• ToreyBeansToreyBeans SHAMOOOOOONE~! Joined: Posts: 858
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    I, for one, am LOVING that they've got "Story Chronological Order:" on each section. They're really caring about the canon now and it'll make moving forward easier. <3

Maybe this is a "dumb" question, but what does "Story Chronological Order" mean once we get into the story? Are we gonna get a play by play view of what happened in each game?
    CFN: ToreyBeans - Birdie - Super Platinum
    PSN: Raiken05
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 899
    I think Capcom is giving people who play Arcade Mode an option: You can play the game in Chronological Order in regards to the story canon, so you can see the lore progress game-by-game. Or you can choose to play the game in Chronological Order in regards to release date.
    - ABOUT ME -
    - Chun-Li Fan/Main now and forever.
    - Aspiring Professional Actor & Longtime Street Fighter Fan
    - Street Fighter comic writer
    - Favorite Movie: The Incredibles (and excited for the sequel)
    - Favorite SF game: Street Fighter V | CFN: Chun-Li_Forever
    - Casual SF fan, Hardcore Chun-Li player | Goal: Reach Lvl 100 with Chun-Li | Currently Lvl 78
    - Story, art, characters, music, lore, plot > tournaments, EVO, Cap Cup, and everything competitive in Street fighter

- CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET (In-Progress)
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?
    Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink
    Update: Page 19 Completed - CHUN-LI v. BALROG: KICKS v. PUNCHES
    *edited Nov, 29, 2017:

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI (Completed)
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado
    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

- TOP FAVORITE CHUN-LI STREET FIGHTER 5 COSTUMES -
    1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    3. Default (although, the most iconic)
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Nostalgia
    7. Undercover
    8. Story
    9. Capcom Pro Tour
    10. Special Forces
    11. Sleepwear
    12. Training
    13. Professional
    14. B-Girl
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,478
    So I guess any hope of seeing Rose pushing baby Ed in a stroller is out of the window. My disappointment is immense.

Looking forward to Arcade Mode. Not much longer to go.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    edited December 6
    ToreyBeans wrote: »
    From what I understood from the stream, it won't just be Udon making the ending panels. But even if it was, we still get pieces of SF history solidified in SF5, in a way that we've never seen before. Whatever the case, it'll be fun going through all the endings.

It's been confirmed UDON is doing the endings.

Quotes from the AE stream @ 18:49...

Brett: "there is one (ending) that we released that's a... piece of Bengus artwork... that has Sagat's head with Ryu and Ken. So there's a lot of... artists that you'll be familiar with popping up in those endings. It's pretty cool."

Andy: "Udon's in there too."

I won't be bitter about the DC-elous. But yeah, that's what I was talking about in the first place.

• CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,614
    Hopefully it's not just Udon lol, i will like at least SFV path to get attention it deserve and be covered by Bengus, who's the official artist of the game

Also dafuq peoples thinking they will use 200 endings as canon source, when even capcom ones are mostly non canonical what-if... let alone leave SF canon in Udon fucking hands lol

I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    Cestus wrote: »
    Hopefully it's not just Udon lol

Brett said that Bengus was one of the ending artists, so it must be true.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,703
    edited December 6
    I think it's time for SF1 to take a major retcon while keeping up the essentials like Sagat and Ryu.

A lot of it's story and significant participant never met each other.

Lee, Retsu, Gen, Birdie and Adon..

The only throw away now are Joe, Mike and Geki.

So they can also completely ignored sick white Birdie and the questionable encounters.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Also dafuq peoples thinking they will use 200 endings as canon source, when even capcom ones are mostly non canonical what-if... let alone leave SF canon in Udon fucking hands lol

It means that the SFV endings override their counterparts from previous games if the two conflict.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
    I still hope SF2 tournament never happened.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    edited December 6
    I still hope SF2 tournament never happened.

Well it did happen, just not the way SF2 as we know it portrayed it, rather as SF4 remembers it. I doubt Arcade Mode will retcon SF2's endings because they are considered classics and will be kept the same for their nostalgia value. I would prefer if Capcom actually used this opportunity to streamline the endings so that they form one seamless storyline if you play arcade mode in chronological order. It's an incredible and rare opportunity that they have that involves a lot of retcons, but I doubt they will take it.

At least for the Alpha arcade mode, they seem to be choosing one ending to end them all for each character to represent their fate during that period.
    Daemos wrote: »

It means that the SFV endings override their counterparts from previous games if the two conflict.

I was'nt even talking about compared to previous games, endings can conflict in the same game... like specially if they start from the same what-if premise that Xxx defeated the bad guy and won everything

Also with external guys involved will be difficult separate what is capcom directive from what is random artistic freedom the guy took

It's like with 3D models made by externals that don't 100% follow the directive

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1

Also with external guys involved will be difficult separate what is capcom directive from what is random artistic freedom the guy took

If Capcom approved it to be in their game, then it's part of the game, ergo part of the canon.
    Agree, That what it is because Capcom didn't have strict and organized plot. They are trying to reorganized but at the same time they became loose ly to the important elements.

Capcom should brbrave enough to rewrite and restablish SF2 and SF1 to fit SFA and SF4 narative because they are the greater foundation.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Off topic just stumble upon this..

Injustice mobile is getting an arcade mode!! THE MOBILE VERSION.. The modified playstore version

To be fair I like it's controls in specials and super move would work fair with casual arcade mashers.

Injustice mobile has been successfull as a mobile game that it had even had continuous and long support compare to it's console counterpart.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,041
    edited December 6
    At least for the Alpha arcade mode, they seem to be choosing one ending to end them all for each character to represent their fate during that period.

Yeah, it will be fun to see whether they choose the events from SF1/2 or the ones from SFA3, especially given the ambiguity with which they have been treating SFA3 and SFII lately.

There's a similar situation with SFIII, but it won't be as interesting.
    Just keeping things updated.. My biggest attachment in SF was arcade. I wonder what would happen if they release SF4's battle combination...it's like cancelled and only last a year?

With change controls that required rapid pushing and timed pressing for masher. Those stuff were good for reviving casual folks to invite to real competitive SF.

A reworked battle combination with SF5 and SF4 models mix and jam together as a single casual attract game.

I remembered also.

Another attemp but poorly executed.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

mikros wrote: »

Yeah, it will be fun to see whether they choose the events from SF1/2 or the ones from SFA3, especially given the ambiguity with which they have been treating SFA3 and SFII lately.

There's a similar situation with SFIII, but it won't be as interesting.

Well with SF3 there is definitely a distinction between NG/2I and 3S. A year passed between the two.

With Alpha 1/2 and 3 the distinction is not as straightforward. But we know that Alpha 1/2 are essentially one and the same. But some endings like Ken’s chronologically follow one another (he meets eliza in Alpha 1 and he is in a relationship with her in Alpha 2). But it isn’t something major.

Alpha 3 was meant to take place years after its predecessors even before SF4’s revisions happened.

I think SF5’s Alpha arcade mode will focus on SF A1/A2. But bear in mind some characters like Rog and Vega were not in those so they only have their A3 endings. It will be interesting to see how Capcom handles those.
    All I need now is clarity in A3 of which is which events that happened to Bison and temporary Shadaloo destruction

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,592
    The thing with telling the same story again in the endings is it gets messy for characters like Nash and Bison. Nash already has his "death" story told twice. Once in his own story and once again in Bison's story. Since all three Alpha (God, how I wish his A3 ending was the canon one) games depicted Nash's death in one way, getting the same ending again will be stupid as hell.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,775
    edited December 6
    If Capcom approved it to be in their game, then it's part of the game, ergo part of the canon.
    Absolutely not. Like Cestus says, there are instances where characters' endings in the same game directly conflict with one another. It's literally impossible for them to BOTH be canon. Therefor they're not.

Besides, by that logic, EVERY character in Alpha 3 defeated Bison and made him explode. Making him canonically the weakest character in the series. Is that what you want?
    Since all three Alpha (God, how I wish his A3 ending was the canon one) games depicted Nash's death in one way, getting the same ending again will be stupid as hell.
    Not really, because AE will tell us which one Capcom considers to be canon(even though we already know it's Alpha 2's from SF5's intro).
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Absolutely not. Like Cestus says, there are instances where characters' endings in the same game directly conflict with one another. It's literally impossible for them to BOTH be canon. Therefor they're not.

Besides, by that logic, EVERY character in Alpha 3 defeated Bison and made him explode. Making him canonically the weakest character in the series. Is that what you want?
    Since all three Alpha (God, how I wish his A3 ending was the canon one) games depicted Nash's death in one way, getting the same ending again will be stupid as hell.
    Not really, because AE will tell us which one Capcom considers to be canon(even though we already know it's Alpha 2's from SF5's intro).

Umm, so you need to be told THREE TIMES in the same game to know what is the canon ending?

I mean, try to look at things from Bison's perspective: he was just minding his own business, planning world domination and stuff like that, then within a couple of hours he came under constant and repeated attack by goody two-shoes shotos, evil shotos, the schoolgirl shoto that Cestus is all tsundere about, numerous ethnic stereotypes, rebelling Dolls and other traitorous members of Shadaloo (which got their job back after that anyway because Shadaloo is too short on personnel to be so picky), a wrestler that SPDs bears for fun, a wrestler with uncommonly big tits, a guy that was shot by an helicopter and died but they didn't bother to check for the corpse, Lisa Lisa from JoJo, Bruce Lee, a weeb in a truck, cameos from Final Fight, a guy that should have been a kid during the Alpha 3 events, fucking Ingrid (that alone would have shocked anyone) and if that wasn't enough even Dan "the man" Hibiki showed up to smash Bison's Psycho Drive to pieces.

Can you really blame him for not being able to keep up with that?
    We all have bad days, Bison however decided to only have one bad day, he didn't know that all the badness that would normally be scattered across one's lifetime would just pile up in that one day, and that's Alpha 3's story in a nutshell.

Bison's bad day in one gif.

giphy.gif
    So to prepare for arcade mode, I'm gonna watch the endings for every canonical SF game and use the plot guide to complement the endings for the sake of having a complete narrative, whether the endings happened or not. Should be fun - it'll beat the heck outta grinding my way through everything again. Saving rise and grind for AE!

Besides, by that logic, EVERY character in Alpha 3 defeated Bison and made him explode. Making him canonically the weakest character in the series. Is that what

What Cestus was saying was that since the art for the endings has been outsourced, it means that the endings themselves cannot be considered as part of the canon, not fully at least, because of potential artistic liberties from the third party. This is completely wrong since Capcom has the final say on what ends up in the game

Are we pretending some Capcom quality expert that truly love SF canon/lore/style will check all these 200 group of tables and impose to Capcom to stop shit until the external hired random udon peoples correct all the 87 bullshits he found

That's cute

It's not like they just want that shit finally done and call it a day

Clipping must have been part of "Capcom final say" too, no way they're just handling some thing in the cheapest way lol

edited December 7

Besides, by that logic, EVERY character in Alpha 3 defeated Bison and made him explode. Making him canonically the weakest character in the series. Is that what

What Cestus was saying was that since the art for the endings has been outsourced, it means that the endings themselves cannot be considered as part of the canon, not fully at least, because of potential artistic liberties from the third party. This is completely wrong since Capcom has the final say on what ends up in the game

Are we pretending some Capcom quality expert that truly love SF canon/lore/style will check all these 200 group of tables and impose to Capcom to stop shit until the external hired random udon peoples correct all the 87 bullshits he found

That's cute

It's not like they just want that shit finally done and call it a day

Clipping must have been part of "Capcom final say" too, no way they're just handling some thing in the cheapest way lol

If it’s in the game, then Capcom likely checked it and approved it. Therefore it is officially part of the canon source material. If you claim otherwise like you are in this post, the burden of proof falls on you to provide and substantiate your claim.

The quality of what was approved is irrelevant in this discussion.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,797
    I agree with you guys on hoping Charlie gets a different ending. We've never seen the Abel rescue and that could add a lot to both their stories, heck, introducing the merc pals Charlie knows could lead to some interesting stuff from a lore pov.

There's just such an opportunity here that I hope Capcom really uses it to iron out past kinks in the lore and sets things up for the future. Clear up who won this, what happened after whatnot. I want to finally know what happened at the end of SF2.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    OMG, Charlie saving Abel scene would be the best thing ever, but seeing as how Abel's reaction towards Nash in ASF was nothing more than a "So, Nash, huh?" moment, I don't keep my expectations high.

Speaking of, I don't think Guile interrogating Abel makes sense anymore, since Nash is assumed to have rescued Abel during the Alpha era and not after. Pre-SFV, I expected Abel to have been saved by Nash afterNash's first/real/actual death, hence why Abel was an important plot device in leading us to believe that Nash was still alive somewhere.

Nash being alive even after Alpha series was the most thrilling turn of events in the entire SF lore, IMO, and him becoming Agent Shadow or IlluNash were both great ideas. IlluNash actually had parts of Shadow's personality and that was great, but everything else about him was such a huge letdown. I believe it was @Doctrine Dark how mentioned an alternative ending to ASF where Nash would end/contribute to the end of Bison and become a herald of the Illuminati. The way it is now, he was revived for nothing. He isn't shown to have even contributed to Bison's fate, which is what he was resurrected for. That's an even bigger tragedy for him than getting killed in A2.

The only way I can accept Nash's ultimate fate is if a) he reconciles with Guile in a proper way (ie not just a vague nod) so that Guile leaving even his family behind for this man makes a bit of sense or b) Nash does SOMETHING worthwhile in his entire life. That could be saving Abel or even something as seemingly trivial as destroying a Shadaloo base... In fact, now that I think about it, Abel could have been used as a reminder of Nash's past when he accomplished many feats. Thus, in ASF, Nash would go back to his former self personality-wise and then destroy himself, making his death a bit more meaningful.