The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Comments

• DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,808
    edited December 2017
    Kinda disappointed in Rashid's V2. I thought I saw it in a trailer that it was some kind of projectile throw, but now it just looks like it's just a slight variation on his V1.
    bakfromon wrote: »
    @DarthEnder sees a rejected concept of a possible SF in knights armor and says this

See's virtually the same thing in Blair Dames new redesign and says this
    That's because that's that character's entire concept. She's an antique dealer wearing antique pieces of knights armor.

Blair's concept is she's a fucking MMA fighter. Knight armor doesn't make any sense for her.

And yes, it IS still overdesigned. Blair's costume is like 5x as complicated and busy as Elizabeth's.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,748
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    @DarthEnder sees a rejected concept of a possible SF in knights armor and says this

That's because that's that character's entire concept. She's an antique dealer wearing antique pieces of knights armor.

Blair's concept is she's a fucking MMA fighter. Knight armor doesn't make any sense for her.

And yes, it IS still overdesigned. Blair's costume is like 5x as complicated and busy as Elizabeth's.

I think the link is that Blair is the daughter of a rich european (Monaco) family, so i guess easy link with aristocracy -> knights imagery

I guess they wanted chase a bit the armor pieces/fanservice bondage of SC's Ivy
    c.jpg

Btw design wise New Blair is indeed over designed, but SFV dropped concept is honest crap

I like a good female in knighty armor design, but neither of them are
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    Oh shit the Donkey kick is back!

Also Menat got a new move, Soul Spark:
    https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/character/mnt/movelist#ae

Also Necalli VT2 description has been strange/wrong
    We got "clouded mirror" as New move while on VT1

His VT2 is listed as Heart of Gold and i've not seen anything about it

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 962
    It wont happen but I am hoping V-Trigger 2 for Necali is prophet related.
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It won’t happen but I am hoping V-trigger 2 for all characters get discussed in other related threads instead of this one.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 561
    Cestus wrote: »

I think the link is that Blair is the daughter of a rich european (Monaco) family, so i guess easy link with aristocracy -> knights imagery

c.jpg

Btw design wise New Blair is indeed over designed, but SFV dropped concept is honest crap

Totally unrelated question, but do you think Ivy will make it into SCVI or will that unfortunate boob growth problem she had over the years cause her spine to snap in half before that?

A really nasty illness is that. It's so unfortunate it got Juri and Chun too lately.
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!

c.jpg

Totally unrelated question, but do you think Ivy will make it into SCVI or will that unfortunate boob growth problem she had over the years cause her spine to snap in half before that?

A really nasty illness is that. It's so unfortunate it got Juri and Chun too lately.

As SC6 seem -THANKS TO ALL GODS- a SC1 reboot on the timeline, she may return to her smaller self =)

• bakfromonbakfromon Final...Shoryuken!!!!! Joined: Posts: 2,132
    edited December 2017
    DarthEnder wrote: »

That's silly. That would be like looking at Chun's dress and wrestling boots and saying "Chun's a detective they don't make sense for her"

Also, I love how you see her as overly designed now given she was probably the most underdesigned out of all the EX characters save for maybe the Cycloids and that's the lowest bar. In fact, she was so underdesigned that "For whatever reason, her design was finalized pretty much from the start. And there weren't very many changes at all."

Throw some armored gauntlets and a breastplate on her and now she's overly designed? To me, it looks more like a more fledged out design than what she was previously in which was as basic as basic gets.

She's also supposed to be rich like Karin so why not add a bit of flare that makes her look rich and tough instead of the underdesigned look that doesn't really say anything about her save that she was a generic looking fighter.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,808
    Also, I love how you see her as overly designed now given she was probably the most underdesigned out of all the EX characters save for maybe the Cycloids and that's the lowest bar. In fact, she was so underdesigned that "For whatever reason, her design was finalized pretty much from the start. And there weren't very many changes at all."
    That's how I like my fighting game characters. Simple, straightforward and iconic. Not covered in anime garbage.
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans SHAMOOOOOONE~! Joined: Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2017

What I said in the lounge:

It's definitely not the same donkey kick. Just from an aesthetic stand point, all of the important angles have been completely altered. Ryu's base leg in 3S was completely vertical and with this new one there's a slight slant toward the opponent. His shoulders aren't turned like they usually are and overall it's like you said with st.mk. Not only that but his kicking leg and matching arm aren't parallel anymore. It doesn't look powerful like it used to and lost hecka style points for me... It just looks like a run of the mill Karate/Taekwondo side kick now. Been taking Taekwondo since 1994. :sad:
    CFN: ToreyBeans - Birdie
    PSN: Raiken05
  • migster01migster01 Joined: Posts: 35
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    Celebration time!

I got the promotion!

tumblr_mpyeesehES1qbbbqro1_500.gif

Good Bro!,Yay congratulations!!!!!!!!
    https://i.imgur.com/FHYUtET.png
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,856
    Promotion? Congrats!
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • Master CocoMaster Coco Joined: Posts: 209 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They really did ruin the Donkey Kick. They need to fix it before release. God damn
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,231
    thats the donkey kick!? hah a hah ah ah aha

Tatsunoko vs Capcom donkey kick is better than this hot pile of garbage. That's basically the f + mk of some other character.
  • YouYou Mediocre Clarinet Player Joined: Posts: 2,570
    Any Japanese speakers in here willing to translate a single tweet for me? Not story related but SFV related. I asked in the lounge but haven't gotten much response :(
    They'll hang us in the Louvre
    Down the back, but who cares? Still the Louvre.
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans SHAMOOOOOONE~! Joined: Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ToreyBeans wrote: »
    It doesn't look powerful like it used to and lost hecka style points for me... It just looks like a run of the mill Karate/Taekwondo side kick now. Been taking Taekwondo since 1994. :sad:

Well, just look at it this way: SFV comes before SF3. So, Ryu's Jōdan sokutōgeri still doesn't look powerful like it will become one day... We're witnessing Ryu when he first starts to use it, chronologically speaking. ;)

Fantastic point! I was actually thinking the same thing. I'll let it slide.
    CFN: ToreyBeans - Birdie
    PSN: Raiken05
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,858
    edited December 2017
    It's hard to say that they intentionally did that to Ryu's Donkey kick but it is safe to think that it animates and move that way because of the probability of Ryu's Skills for the new move.

I hope this isn't the new rendition of it that woyld adopt further more beyond and within SF3 timeline.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 561
    Shockdingo wrote: »

I just wanted to share with you all the fantastic commission I just received from Z0mbieRaptor! It's perfect! Seriously, if you haven't checked her work out, you need to do it. ESPECIALLY if you dig Zeku.

I've seen her artworks, I'd love to see her trying something with Cammy.
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!
    New donkey kick look incredibly crap

I don'even care if they wanted redesign it as different from SF3 one, it completely miss the core point of the move

They should recycle it from SF4 Gouken wich was nearly perfect, if they'e too lazy to properly animate a new one

I definitely hope it does'nt become another SFV case of "it look like crap but it is what it is" that they pretend to not see

edited December 2017
    Seriously, just recycle Gouken's
    latest?cb=20101219165102
    15128324191055430.gif?1512832433

It lack the step, but is still 10 times closer than the current crap

Somebody twit it to them LOL

• mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,628
    They probably wanted a really fast startup
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
    Seriously, just recycle Gouken's
    latest?cb=20101219165102
    15128324191055430.gif?1512832433

It lack the step, but is still 10 times closer than the current crap

Somebody twit it to them LOL

Ryu is supposed to step into the kick. Damn Capcom, I wanted to give you credit and you fuck up something so simple yet again. I didn't have the high expectations of some, and you found a way to disappoint me anyway.

I know, but even without step Gouken's already look 10 times better and if 3D models/skeletons are compatible they already have it

Bizzarre thing is that they nailed much more difficult animations, example the new Alex DDT look very good and was'nt easy

With Ryu kick seem like they did'nt even try

• mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,628
    I think they do pretty bad when they have to do these rush additions, like Cammy's air grab and now Ryu's kick
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,858
    edited December 2017
    It's not that easy you cannot copy it like that way. It needs to be re work all over to the model.

Ryu got the Donkey Kick in SFxT, If the need to copy instead of Gouken, but things doesn't work that way.
    03_sfxtmoves01.jpg

I don't think that Capcom just didn't get the exact movement and pose of Donkey Kick. I don't also think Capcom fail to emulate the movement and pose. It's like they are trying to alter it on purpose for SFV's Ryu.

Capcom should have atleast kept it as an EX move animation and movement.

Donkey Kick is even in correct likeness from animated and pose in MVCi by comparing to previous iteration.

SFV's Donkey Kick is change probably like said earlier in the thread it can be story reasons...

So Ex version should have been SF3 version.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    edited December 2017
    mykka wrote: »
    I think they do pretty bad when they have to do these rush additions, like Cammy's air grab and now Ryu's kick

"Rush"? We don't know how much time they had for it

Tbh as usual seem just the lack of a fucking visual quality control before give the ok to it
    This is pretty crap even for casual eyes that usually can't see good from bad to save theyr lives lol

Even without go touch the animation itself (wich will work much much better with some minimal changes btw) they could at least play on frames to add some "whip" to it, like -keeping same total- make it slower as start then make the kick itself come out faster, then stay a bit on impact point

As it is aside being "wrong", it fail at offer the idea of impact, while the move itself is supposed to inflict an huge one... the linear slow pace of the animation is even worse than the terrible animation itself

From here to release date they can animate a decent kick lol, peoples just need to call them out on theyr crap

edited December 2017
    Also difference from Cammy's air throw was pretty harder and more complex to animate

Z4ErZ5.gif

And aside that more than anything they did wrong just that they exagerated the amout of rotation at 540° to do a full+half rotation to end it on other side

Imho they should have done either

360° - Cammy end it same side she started
    or
    180°- Cammy does just half rotation and end it on other side

540° is just to much and lock them mid air in that awkward way
    Also on visual side it make no sense on neutral jump

But there's some attempt of work behind it

Ryu's kick just look lazy crap that somebody did'nt checked... of course somebody seen it before, so next asumption is they just don't give fucks or whoever he is he don't know what's supposed to look. No idea wich is the worst of these 3 scenarios lol

• ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,486
    Anyone here watch the "SugarPop Design Works" channel on Youtube? I just found it and I'm kind of impressed with the depth of analysis in the videos.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    RAW_Guts wrote: »
    It wont happen but I am hoping V-Trigger 2 for Necali is prophet related.

is bad breath related

Donkey kick wasn't check? I don't think that new move won't be check? Or be so hard to analyze that something is wrong.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,642
    mykka wrote: »

Have you seen this?

Fanmade moves look a lot better than that shit.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!