The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Comments

• Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 553
    Cammy looks dashing in the new character select screen.

Shame that the new VS screen is total kitsch crap, the current one might be a bit bland but it looks far more appropriate than that ridiculous mess that is the new VS screen.
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!
  • MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 169
    Well, it's good to know that the launch of SFV is going so well.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 3,040
    ES_Curse wrote: »
    Got accepted to University of Miami fam, wish me luck!
    Now for the icing on the cake...
    latest?cb=20160311231024

So much good news in the thread! Congrats! Best of luck! You'll do great!
    Just when I think I'm out, they...

TURN THE BEAT BACK!
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,231
    edited December 2017
    If it was upto me, I would give Alex his sleeper hold and DDT as standard moves. Make Vtrigger another conventional "power up" type one where he gets faster start up on moves, increased range on power bomb and increases his damage a little bit.

For Rashido, I would give him free EX whilst his meter is running down. Might seem super powerful, but it would cost 3 bars to activate.
  • YouYou Mediocre Clarinet Player Joined: Posts: 2,570
    Rashids current VTII seems extremely fun though. While it's active all divekicks are + on block and faster, he can walljump after ex dive kick, his WW shot launches, he gains access to a special new projectile, and he gets some ground eagle spike buffs but idk what those are.
    They'll hang us in the Louvre
    Down the back, but who cares? Still the Louvre.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,853
    @ES_Curse

Congrats bro!!

Looks like Arika is settled with the ne FLEX already? Fighting EX Layer not just a mysterious unamed fighting game?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=MYEakkN3RzQ

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,640
    edited December 2017
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Sure are a lot of characters in SF5 mode!

Isn't it everyone that's in SFV?
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans SHAMOOOOOONE~! Joined: Posts: 920 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bakfromon wrote: »
    It's obviously a revamp not a animation mistake.

Some did a compilation

24899843_384955605275452_7042059381211768891_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=23eec873f2761f7aec6660aa4f2e089a&oe=5AD626BB

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I figured I do some more research on it.

Jodan Sokuto Geri also known as the mule kick. I figured it was based on an actual technique but anytime I actually look up what Sokuto Geri was in Karate I get this.
    6370537yoko-geri-jpg.jpg
    tkdwaza03.jpg

It's basically a straight high kick delivered with the edge of the foot

It sort of looks like what they're trying to go for with this new horse kick. But I don't think Jodan Sokuto Geri was portrayed to be visually similar to an actual Sokuto Geri, it's definitely more similar to a back kick; Ushiro Geri. Hence why we call it the Mule Kick because Ryu looks like he's kicking like one.

Figure-6-Direct-back-kick-Ushiro-geri.png
    tkdwaza16.jpg

So if they were trying to go for a more accurate looking sokuto geri than sure they would be fine, which is strange because I don't understand why they would want to change it to look more accurate now.

Excellent analysis. What do you think of the theory that he's just starting to use the Sokuto Geri in game?
    CFN: ToreyBeans - Birdie
    PSN: Raiken05
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2017
    They may think it's a better choice when it's not. I like my SF being over the top in special attacks and supers IMHO.

What makes SF characters technique superior and exceptional is because their specials are beyond realistic interpretations that defy physics like Hadouken and Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku.. Like Yoga Flame, Tiger Shot and etc IMHO. Making those realistic is making them level and downplayed to natural human beings that study realistic combat discipline worldly counterparts by patience and dedication than being someone beyond reach.

When I first saw SFEX tatsu i first like the approach that was me in youth but as sooner I understood the way things SF should be and not something going in VF and Tekken style. Sf main characters should always be different from realistic counterpart because it helps them make their character different and above real life. It helps both story, gameplay and artform of the game.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    edited December 2017
    ToreyBeans wrote: »

Some did a compilation

24899843_384955605275452_7042059381211768891_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=23eec873f2761f7aec6660aa4f2e089a&oe=5AD626BB

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I figured I do some more research on it.

Jodan Sokuto Geri also known as the mule kick. I figured it was based on an actual technique but anytime I actually look up what Sokuto Geri was in Karate I get this.
    6370537yoko-geri-jpg.jpg
    tkdwaza03.jpg

It sort of looks like what they're trying to go for with this new horse kick. But I don't think Jodan Sokuto Geri was portrayed to be visually similar to an actual Sokuto Geri, it's definitely more similar to a back kick; Ushiro Geri. Hence why we call it the Mule Kick because Ryu looks like he's kicking like one.

tkdwaza16.jpg

So if they were trying to go for a more accurate looking sokuto geri than sure they would be fine, which is strange because I don't understand why they would want to change it to look more accurate now.

Excellent analysis. What do you think of the theory that he's just starting to use the Sokuto Geri in game?

I hope your theory is correct guys...

And Ihope capcom shpuld bring back the SF3 animation as an EX move.

As of now I don't think Capcom is lazy on SFV specially that they did update lately Ryu's crouching HP. The current Donkey kick is obviously done on purpose.

Hopelly it's story reason and please not a whole new update that would be adopted fot future Donkey Kick iteration.
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• bakfromonbakfromon Final...Shoryuken!!!!! Joined: Posts: 2,128
    ToreyBeans wrote: »

Some did a compilation

6370537yoko-geri-jpg.jpg
    tkdwaza03.jpg

tkdwaza16.jpg

I mean its kind of weird because what everyone (including myself) is complaining about the move is that it looks wrong even though it is technically correct given the moves actual name, but the visual representation up until now has been a mule kick which is incorrect. It should've been Jodan Ushiro Geri for all intent purposes. So if you want to put a story behind that then yes he would just be starting to use Sokuto Geri but he eventually turns it into Ushiro Geri.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
    edited December 2017
    Maybe its just a placeholder. I mean, it could just be the PS Exp version. Maybe the final will be different?

I hope it is and it should be, because a different animation is a different name callling.. they should have just named it with Sokuto Geri then update the later with the more likely resemble one.

TBH I don't mind Capcom just renaming the most obscure Ryu's special move to fit it's realistic naming movements or I'm more okay correcting the name to Ushiro Geri than updating and changing it's visuals and animation.
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

edited December 2017
    Maybe its just a placeholder. I mean, it could just be the PS Exp version. Maybe the final will be different?

I hope it is and it should be, because a different animation name callling.. they should have just named it with Sokuto Geri then update the later with the more likely resemble one.

TBH I don't mind Capcom just renaming the most obscure Ryu's special move to fit it's realistic naming movements or I'm more okay correcting the name to Ushiro Geri than updating and changing it's visuals and animation.

No they just need to change the animation. They did it for his crmk and they can do it for this too.

It needs to be the donkey kick like its meant to be.
    7jDS30X.jpg
    S1AcS0x.jpg

Not whatever this is
    9QTJqL3.jpg
    C9NPP6N.jpg
    Just looks awkward even for an actual Sokuto Geri
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,745
    edited December 2017
    @bakfromon Added comparision gif
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    I mean theyve animated this move in various games so many times over the years youd think they know what it looks like.

Its like sayin Guiles upside down kick is the nww flash kick lol
    edited December 2017
    Ryu and Akuma had different physique or base model obviously since Sf5 unlike Ken and Ryu in SF4.

The feet and hands are angle differently to each other but has strong similarities of movement and posture yet it still never meant that it is recycled because of the different base model. Capcom's SFV team work flow ain't that desparate for Ryu's Joudan. I don't think they go much trouble on the Joudan and would go more into ripping of Akuma's throw.

They are just trying to change/alter it. Not my preference.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

I mean theyve animated this move in various games so many times over the years youd think they know what it looks like.

A "Boss, for Ryu new kick we can just recycle Akuma's bthrow one"
    B "It look like the one we need?"
    A "not exactly the same, but we already got it in SFV, i can cheap recycle it for free in 5 minutes and call it a day"
    B "I like your style Jimmy"

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    edited December 2017
    Because the amount of work is more complicated reusing somebody else base model with different physique and character movements, and it isn't reasonable... because Joudan isn't that complicated as a either movement/animation compare to the other moves. It doesn't even require an effect and flashiness like other new moves.

I know Capcom history of laziness and sprite, head swap but not in like that in SF5, I'm fair with Capcom in this one and I don't also like the update either.

Agree with bakfromon analysis it's likely to adopt realistic interpretation.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

edited December 2017
    double post glitch

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

It's interesting I found a blog post mentioning the same thing I posted a little bit ago.
    In SF3, Ryu gained a new technique, which I found to be impressive. It was called his “Joudan Sokutou Geri.” This loosely translates to something meaning “immediate step [forward] kick.” I was looking through Oyama’s text and the technique is very similar to “Ushiro Geri.” I’ve scanned a portion of it for comparison.
    backkick-copy.jpg?w=820

edited December 2017
    dont know why theyre going for "realistic interpretation" when 98% of the game is unrealistic exaggeration and very loose intepretation of real fighting styles.

Why do that when dudes are kicking huge ass hurricanes with thier feet. Im also sure theyre aware of the backlash this will create however petty that seems. Its a fan fav move, dont insult them and do them right by making the move properly or dont do it at all.
    I don't think Donkey Kick looks that bad. I mean, sure, all the newly added moves starting with Cammy's air throw look like the result of some lazy work, but Ryu's Donkey Kick isn't worse than the rest of them.
    Cammys airthrow looks stupid as fk. Rather ironically, they would have been better of reusing ther animation from that spinning attack.

The stupid looking moves in SF started since Onos jumped on board for SF4 IMO.
    edited December 2017
    dont know why they're going for "realistic interpretation" when 98% of the game is an unrealistic exaggeration and very loose interpretation of real fighting styles.

Why do that when dudes are kicking huge ass hurricanes with their feet. I'm also sure they're aware of the backlash this will create however petty that seems. It's a fan fav move, don't insult them and do them right by making the move properly or don't do it at all.

Agree, Capcom should leave realistic animation movements to 3D fighters.

Another thing SFV:

That was the same logic they applied with the new animation of Ryu's crouching HP update in SFv.

This isn't even a necessary thing to change and update... No one request it to be altered and change for years, I don't know if the majority likes it. Not to my liking.

This is not laziness or a mistake it is clearly an intentional preference.

nDdFmHC.jpg

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

edited December 2017
    dont know why theyre going for "realistic interpretation" when 98% of the game is unrealistic exaggeration and very loose intepretation of real fighting styles.

Why do that when dudes are kicking huge ass hurricanes with thier feet. Im also sure theyre aware of the backlash this will create however petty that seems. Its a fan fav move, dont insult them and do them right by making the move properly or dont do it at all.

Tbh i like the "more karateka" Ryu we got in SFV, they nailed so many thing well, like all 6 normals to begin with.
    They added both Shotokan Karate and Kyokushin Karate vibe to him

It make him look a tough, grounded, hard impacts motherfucker compared to Ken's style being more elastic and based on dynamism, speed and momentum

But thing is, on the special kick case SF3 one is much more realistic/karate correct too lol, or at least for what the special is supposed to cause (while work very good on Akuma's case, where the enemy fall in a way much more compatible with the strike)

But no, recycle Akuma's was cheaper lol =)

• YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 3,040
    Cammys airthrow looks stupid as fk. Rather ironically, they would have been better of reusing ther animation from that spinning attack.

The stupid looking moves in SF started since Onos jumped on board for SF4 IMO.

Very much agreed.

The supers added in SF4 are a PERFECT example of this. Things got increasingly goofy and stupid. Compare the stupidity of Dudley's Corkscrew Ultra to Karin's current Critical Art.

Both are idiotic looking and resemble something from Looney Tunes. No charm. No style. All stupid.
    Just when I think I'm out, they...

TURN THE BEAT BACK!
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,806
    I feel like this multiple pages of donkey kick animation discussion has very little to do with story...
    @YagamiFire 100% agreed bro. Like Karins super could have done without the opponent around spinning in the air for 5 seconds. Take that bit out and the move would still have looked impressive.

Also they seem to have a boner for all things spinny for some reason.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,207
    mykka wrote: »
    I think they do pretty bad when they have to do these rush additions, like Cammy's air grab and now Ryu's kick

Have you seen this?

Fanmade moves look a lot better than that shit.

the transition from when Alex is in the background and then gets back up on his feet is very jarring, like part of the animation is straight up skipped
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    mykka wrote: »
    I think they do pretty bad when they have to do these rush additions, like Cammy's air grab and now Ryu's kick

Have you seen this?

Fanmade moves look a lot better than that shit.

the transition from when Alex is in the background and then gets back up on his feet is very jarring, like part of the animation is straight up skipped

That's what I was trying to show people.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,207

bruh

you serious?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...