The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Comments

• YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 3,039
    In keeping with what @Daemos said...I can only wonder...

Bison SFV
    liu_zong_wu_by_sirwolfgang-d3iv8zo.jpg

Bison future?
    Liu_Zong-Wu.jpg
    Just when I think I'm out, they...

TURN THE BEAT BACK!
  • bakfromonbakfromon Final...Shoryuken!!!!! Joined: Posts: 2,126

Thank you for the support, but I'm not going to do much for at least a month... I have to translate a light novel and the deadline is atrociously near.
    The character chart is coming, but after that I'm going to stop all translations for a while, I'm sorry. :disappointed:

Don't worry about the chart everything will be done in due time.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • Master CocoMaster Coco Joined: Posts: 209 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looking at Alpha 3 again, Fei-Long's story was one of the reasons why I thought he was so strong back in the day.

You had Shadaloo actively pursuing the guy throughout the story. Balrog approached him, Vega approached him, and eventually he came across Bison. Back when I didn't have an understanding of canon, I assumed Fei-Long's thrashing of Shadaloo was so historic that they decided to make a movie out of it. That's why I thought he was up there with the strongest in the series.

I didn't know any better...

Hang on, Fei Long is pretty dang strong isnt he???
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,735
    Looking at Alpha 3 again, Fei-Long's story was one of the reasons why I thought he was so strong back in the day.

You had Shadaloo actively pursuing the guy throughout the story. Balrog approached him, Vega approached him, and eventually he came across Bison. Back when I didn't have an understanding of canon, I assumed Fei-Long's thrashing of Shadaloo was so historic that they decided to make a movie out of it. That's why I thought he was up there with the strongest in the series.

I didn't know any better...

Hang on, Fei Long is pretty dang strong isnt he???

I think is your definition of very middle tier, like i will favor Ken over him.
    Even Chun over him.
    Maybe even Guile, or at least will be a close scrap.

He's a very respected martial artist and being an actor he's famous too in SF universe (see example Abel reaction to him in SF4), but as far i know he have no wins (or loses) over major (as playable ones) SF characters

Going by assumption i think we can freely guess he easy fuck up lower tiers like Dan or Birdie, but where he truly place between better fighters is unknow

My simple guess is he's middle tier that can win in a good day like lose in a worse one VS that big group of SF middle tiers
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    edited December 2017
    Caio_Lins wrote: »
    ES_Curse wrote: »
    bakfromon wrote: »
    We have visible names for the new character relation chart courtesy of ryo_redcyclone
    DRG3HhcUMAAKao_.jpg
    maybe @Miðgarðsorm can help me translate it.

- Box above Abigail is his current Mad Gear, and the box to the left of Juri/SIN (guess the person below her is Seth) is the HWA (aka Hugo/Poison, who are also Mad Gear)
    - What is the BWA, and who is BWA/CWA?
    - The person next to Ed is ... Sagat? Fits with him being a former King of Shadowloo.

CWA = Capcom Wrestling Association
    Names:
    Biff Slamkovich
    Gunloc
    Titanic Tim

BWA = Blood Wrestling Association
    Names:
    The Scorpion
    The Wraith
    Jumbo Flapjack

Too late, and too small number of new chars we will see in SFV, but Dhalsim vs The Wraith will be potentially one of the best, most fitting nemesis shit of SF universe

Is literally "Good vs Evil: Magic India Edition" of SF universe lol

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,851
    I was always wondering if the Wraith was just playing up his spooky role (I mean a demon signing up with wrestling and even signing autographs is kinda weird hah). I know the combat aspect of wrestling in SF is real, but are the characters they play? Was always curious if Wraith just had crazy Street Fighter-like abilities but was agreeing to play a heel character, kinda like Papa Shango? Or he's a legit mystical undead creature.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,391
    edited December 2017
    @Daemos Thou has summoned the Ultra Plastic Warrior. State your wish*.

...Or tell me what was that SFIV Aftermath anime about. I don't care which.
    *Disclaimer: Bison buffs is not an available wish.
    Post edited by Volt on
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 541
    Cestus wrote: »

Even Chun over him.

He's a very respected martial artist and being an actor he's famous too in SF universe (see example Abel reaction to him in SF4), but as far i know he have no wins (or loses) over major (as playable ones) SF characters

Going by assumption i think we can freely guess he easy fuck up lower tiers like Dan or Birdie, but where he truly place between better fighters is unknow

My simple guess is he's middle tier that can win in a good day like lose in a worse one VS that big group of SF middle tiers

I kinda shirked the argument so far, but I might as well just ask you: what do you think of Cammy's placement then?

She kinda has a lackluster history as far as canon fights goes (she has some wins though, and it gets better if you consider her rival battles in SFIV canon. Personally I think that at least the cinematics of the rival battles should generally be considered canon but the fight themselves are much more open to interpretation and ambiguous), but she is also part of that group of "main" characters that's after Shadaloo and basically moves the main plot forward, she also has a pretty serious and important personal storyline. In modern Street Fighter she's pretty much always shown working with Chun-Li and Guile and I'd argue that she's around their level.
    I don't think that the relative strength of the characters in Street Fighter is nuanced enough to establish a hierarchy for each character, so I'd just leave it at that.

I'd probably add Ken too to the Chun/Guile/Cammy bunch.
    I know by reading here and there that there's some people that consider Ken to be a big deal because he's one of Gouken's students and that has to matter a lot, but looking at his more recent portrayals and especially SFV and some of the victory quotes directed at him I'd argue that he's actually much less of a threat than what you could reasonably assume in earlier games. Ken is pretty much portrayed as a family man which thinks less and less about improving his fighting abilities and more about his family, Menat's win quote against Ken is very clear in saying that his rivalry with Ryu is destined to end because Ryu is going to keep improving while Ken stagnates.

Just some random thoughts.
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    I was always wondering if the Wraith was just playing up his spooky role (I mean a demon signing up with wrestling and even signing autographs is kinda weird hah). I know the combat aspect of wrestling in SF is real, but are the characters they play? Was always curious if Wraith just had crazy Street Fighter-like abilities but was agreeing to play a heel character, kinda like Papa Shango? Or he's a legit mystical undead creature.

Maybe he's a legit mystical undead creature that agrees to play a heel character as a wrestler to enjoy vacation away from those wacky Darkstalkers back in Makai.
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,478
    Cammy is one of the weakest canon SF characters because it's about as smart as Hugo/Laura with none of the power
    "durr the claw guy beats me in every fight, guess I'll devote most of my time in ASF to losing vs him instead of helping to defeat Bison and free the dolls"
    "durr the clearly unstable Decapre is going to be arrested for helping Shadowloo, time to assault a police officer and run away with another wanted criminal because fuck the main plot"

At least now Cammy doesn't have that "muh brainwashing" excuse to fall back on. Time for special agent Sonya Blade to save the day in SF6!
    COTzR98.jpg
    Simply a work of art. Thank you Screwattack!
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,851

Maybe he's a legit mystical undead creature that agrees to play a heel character as a wrestler to enjoy vacation away from those wacky Darkstalkers back in Makai.

Lol, who knows, would certainly be funny. "Dynasty wars between Aenslad and Maximoffs?! Gimmie mortal wrestling anyday!"

Joking aside, I've always been super curious about some of the Slam Masters, like when I was looking at Ortega's musculature for the first time, I was thinking that he'd be some superhuman boss that would transform or something, but he's just crazy fit and the top of the league. I was also curious about the BWA, they seem more hardcore and underground. Rip Saber seems like he'd get along with Rolento, he apparently uses lethal gear in the ring and tries to fight his opponents to the death all the time.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

• Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 953
    Covert Ops: Chun-Li looks beautiful in this one. The dress flows nicely with Chun-Li's body. The shoes and wrist straps look stylish. And though her boa is impractical in a fight, it enhances the sexiness of the outfit. With that said, unfortunately it's almost a direct copy of the Battle Dress costume, with a few style changes. And I have to say, I still prefer the Battle Dress over the Covert Ops dress. Chun-Li looks a lot more free and loose with the Battle Dress. Like she's out to have fun, let her hair down, and enjoy whatever surprises the night has in store. In addtion, the Battle dress looks it might be a little more practical to wear in a fight, just in case Chun-Li needs to take out a goon or two at an undercover party. There is not a thing on the Covert Ops costume that I like more than the Battle Dress (except the shoes, maybe.)

Verdict: The Covert Ops costume is a very fantastic and sexy look on Chun-Li, which I love. I just feel other outfits outclass this one. 8/10

Wedding: I can picture it now: The wedding will take place in Chun-Li's homeland. We'll convert Chun-Li's school of martial arts (in SFIII) into the place of cermonies and the reception. It will be a decent sized wedding with family, friends, random strangers, capcom staff members. CHun-Li will invite her fellow interpol coworkers, her Street Fighter companions, and of course, the kids. Li-Fen will be the flower girl. The food will be a mix of Chinese cuisine, both traditional and modern style taste. Of course, Chun-Li loves her sweets, so in additon to a 5-layered wedding cake, they'll be cookies, pastries, cream puffs, ice cream for the kids, and lot more. We'll say our "I Do's", take pictures, and dance the night away (Dee Jay as the special guest DJ)

And after the ceremony, we'll fly out to Hawaii and spend a wonderful seven-day honey moon, filled with swimming, snorkeling, ziplining, Luaus, hiking, cliff jumping, surfing, and shark diving.

(okay, fantasy over, back to the review)

Though I don't see Chun-Li getting married anytime soon, I do commend Capcom for giving us this costume. I know Chun-Li's sole mission is to pursue justice and avenge her father's death. But what girl doesn't dream about one day finding her true love and getting married? I'm sure this has crossed Chun-Li's mind at some point, than though her life went down a path of justice and fighting, I'm sure people would be thrilled to see Chun-Li in a wedding dress. SHe looks absolutely beautiful, stunning, gorgeous. And whilest not the most practical fighting outfit, it looks like she can still kick ass in it.

Verdict: Me, Ryu, or whatever random shmuck that decides to tie the knot with this beauty, regardless, Chun-Li rocks out the costume again. It gets points for creativity, though not something I would like to see Chun-Li in all the time. Still, one of the more creative costumes for her. 9/10
    - ABOUT ME -
    - Chun-Li Fan/Main now and forever.
    - Aspiring Professional Actor & Longtime Street Fighter Fan
    - Street Fighter comic writer
    - Favorite Movie: The Incredibles (and excited for the sequel)
    - Favorite SF game: Street Fighter V | CFN: Chun-Li_Forever
    - Casual SF fan, Hardcore Chun-Li player | Goal: Reach Lvl 100 with Chun-Li | Currently Lvl 84
    - Story, art, characters, music, lore, plot > tournaments, EVO, Cap Cup, and everything competitive in Street fighter

- CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET (In-Progress)
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?
    Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink
    Update: Page 20 Completed - CHUN-LI v. BALROG: DIRTY BULL!
    *edited Jan, 01, 2018:

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI (Completed)
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado
    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

- TOP FAVORITE CHUN-LI STREET FIGHTER 5 COSTUMES -
    1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    3. Default (although, the most iconic)
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Nostalgia
    7. Undercover
    8. Wedding
    9. Story
    10. Covert Ops
    11. Capcom Pro Tour
    12. Special Forces
    13. Sleepwear
    14. Training
    15. Professional
    16. B-Girl
    We're still missing ninja outfit Chun, Winter clothing Chun, shopping clothing Chun, nurse Chun, McDonald employee Chun and Cirque du Soleil outfit Chun.

Barbie better watch out, Chun is out to get her job(s)!

*punches hole in ceiling and enters through the basement*
    I love Cirque and I love clown women, that'd be a dream come true.

@Miðgarðsorm: ooh, some interesting tidbits!

-So It looks like Mad Gear is defunct and Roxy, Axel and J work with Abigail's "legitimate" business?
    -There's that Getepe again! Who or what is that?!
    -Nice to mention the BWA and CWA, but sad no mention of Black Widow
    -Iiiiiiiiiinteresting, it says that Rose and Bison have the same master now? Nice to finally add something towards clearing that up. I hope we get some more info on that.
    -Nash and Marz are set to current status unknown? I really want a second story mode to see if there's any interesting post-mortem details about ol' Chuck or not. At least a closure epilogue with Guile.
    -Nash & 12's connection "collects data" could my old not-a-serious-theory-but-maybe-theory of 12 in 3s being Nash in some way have weight? Or am I crazy? Yes I'm crazy, but am I on the path to something, random ether that I'm speaking into?
    -Oh fook loops, Dr. Woo is interested in Li-Fen, Chun's gonna have to be careful! Is there more to her than meets the eye? This cute, kid was already an impressive hacker, there's gotta be more. Again, hoping for more character details via a new storymode or the arcade endings

• mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,622
    edited December 2017
    Poor Elena, Makoto and Viper, left out of the chart. Shouldnt the latter have been in the "former S.I.N" section?
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
    Looking back at the old chart, I notice a few things:
    - S1/S2 characters added (obvious)
    - Birdie no longer tied to Shadowloo
    - Hakan/Honda removed, Dan isn't travelling with them anymore
    - India NPCs removed
    - Sagat is now recognized as having been a part of Shadowloo
    - Blanka now associated with Sakura and Dan
    - C.Viper, Smolt Raven, and Guile/Nash's army buddies are gone
    - Nash was collecting fighting data for Twelve? Interesting...
    - Titanic Tim added to CWA (what, no relation to Birdie?)
    - T.Hawk, Elena are gone
    - Bison, Nash, FANG, and Marz listed as "fate uncertain"
    - Oro is now thinking about Ryu, no ties to Karin
    - Some of Laura's family removed (RIP Fabio)
    - Sean now considers Ken his master (I guess it was that ASF scene that did it for him?)
    - A bunch of Final Fight characters, BWA, Neo-Shadowloo, Illuminati, Alex & co, and Seth (among others) added

But what does this all mean? Well, the big thing is that this takes place DURING NEO-SHADOWLOO. I believe, even more than before, that we're going to get a Neo-Shadowloo dominated General Story 2 with some Illuminati thrown in to transition into SF3. There's also some interesting things in the context of the story/series:
    - Oro's connections were reworked. I swear to CapGod, if he isn't in Season 4 I'll beat Ono to death with his doll, Tengu Stone-style
    - Titanic Tim and the BWA were added. That is very odd, considering how little time has been given to that subplot in the modern era
    - WHERE THE FUCK ARE SODOM AND ROLENTO
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    -There's that Getepe again! Who or what is that?!

Due to the placement and the triangle's shape, I think that is how Necalli refers to the Satsui No Hado.
    Cestus wrote: »

Even Chun over him.

I kinda shirked the argument so far, but I might as well just ask you: what do you think of Cammy's placement then?

She kinda has a lackluster history as far as canon fights goes (she has some wins though, and it gets better if you consider her rival battles in SFIV canon. Personally I think that at least the cinematics of the rival battles should generally be considered canon but the fight themselves are much more open to interpretation and ambiguous), but she is also part of that group of "main" characters that's after Shadaloo and basically moves the main plot forward, she also has a pretty serious and important personal storyline. In modern Street Fighter she's pretty much always shown working with Chun-Li and Guile and I'd argue that she's around their level.
    I don't think that the relative strength of the characters in Street Fighter is nuanced enough to establish a hierarchy for each character, so I'd just leave it at that.

I'd probably add Ken too to the Chun/Guile/Cammy bunch.
    I know by reading here and there that there's some people that consider Ken to be a big deal because he's one of Gouken's students and that has to matter a lot, but looking at his more recent portrayals and especially SFV and some of the victory quotes directed at him I'd argue that he's actually much less of a threat than what you could reasonably assume in earlier games. Ken is pretty much portrayed as a family man which thinks less and less about improving his fighting abilities and more about his family, Menat's win quote against Ken is very clear in saying that his rivalry with Ryu is destined to end because Ryu is going to keep improving while Ken stagnates.

Just some random thoughts.

Count that story events can give a narrative boost.... but average day?
    She's probably on Guile level, slighty slighty under Chun Li.

To put it easy, my 2cents on that bunch + few related ones

Ken/Juri > Chun/Vega > Fang/Cammy/Guile > Rog

• DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,868 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Volt wrote: »
    @Daemos Thou has summoned the Ultra Plastic Warrior. State your wish*.

...Or tell me what was that SFIV Aftermath anime about. I don't care which.
    *Disclaimer: Bison buffs is not an available wish.

The SF4 "Aftermath" OVAs (There are 3: Viper, Sakura, and Chun-Li) take place shortly after the events of SF2/SFA3 and focus mostly on these characters' experiences and the SF universe from their point of view. They were released as a refresher for the public after such a long absence to help set up the story of SF4 and give some sense of closure on the events of SF2. They take place months before The Ties That Bind anime and Juri OVA, both of which were prologues to the SF4 character prologues and the actual SF4 tournament.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,839
    they did a good job not declaring Marz and Nash being dead.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,801
    edited December 2017
    WHAT THE FUCK DOES GETEPE MEAN?!?!
    Daemos wrote: »
    - Getepe like @ES_Curse said seems to mean the SNH, as it is the only thing that Ryu, Akuma, and Necalli have in common. Early in SFV, we talked about how the SNH is a state of mind or chi that is not unique to Goutetsu's teachings, and other cultures around the world could've attained it through their own fighting arts.
    Or Getepe is the name of another stupid alien or whatever Necalli is. And he's somehow the source of the SnH and Necalli can sense him in those other character's powers.

It'll be all "The SnH is actually the ghost of some evil alien and it's currently possessing Akuma."

Because that's the kind of hack shit they'd introduce after introducing Necalli.
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,051
    edited December 2017
    Not interested on any of those two Chun Li outfits, but...
    We're still missing ninja outfit Chun, [...] and Cirque du Soleil outfit Chun.

... now that you mention it, these would be cool and I would legit buy them
    1eH569i.jpg

proLxGj.jpg

"People joking about how many outfits I can wear."
    hyLqYbm.jpg
    edited December 2017
    they did a good job not declaring Marz and Nash being dead.

I think Marz is dead. Nash as we know him is dead, and if he was to ever return he will more like his ‘mud’ half rather than his Human half.

I am warming up to the angle of Guile being the Solid Snake to Nash’s Gray Fox (aka The Perfect Soldier aka Twelve). I think it’s a good way to keep Nash’s tragedy alive.

FANG’s thing is that he survives. His endurance is his strength so he IMO is definitely alive.

We (the audience) know Bison is alive, but within the universe I think only Ed and maybe Rose can sense Bison's ethereal form.
    Post edited by Daemos on
    edited December 2017
    Stumbling with this SFVAE gifs loops from the web makes me remember the classic SFEX2 intro..

Sagat carry so much impression that builds up an SF intro!
    Too bad he eats shit seconds later.
    edited December 2017
    Nash as we know him is dead, and if he was to ever return he will more like his ‘mud’ half rather than his Human half.
    I still think Necalli just ate Nash, and that's where he is now.

ASF opens with Necalli trying to consume Nash, even though Nash was long dead already, and was only saved by being revived.

Once he blew up his body again, Necalli probably just came for his soul again, with nothing to prevent it this time.

But, he'll still be there, inside Necalli, available if Capcom ever wants to bring him back again.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,839
    edited December 2017
    and that Ryu Shoryuken in SFV AE intro is like he give everything on it just to make it reach Sagat.

I just hope the Nash theory about being the clone would happen with his memories instead rather than the real Nash gone for good.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Nash as we know him is dead, and if he was to ever return he will more like his ‘mud’ half rather than his Human half.
    I still think Necalli just ate Nash, and that's where he is now.

ASF opens with Necalli trying to consume Nash, even though Nash was long dead already, and was only saved by being revived.

Once he blew up his body again, Necalli probably just came for his soul again, with nothing to prevent it this time.

But, he'll still be there, inside Necalli, available if Capcom ever wants to bring him back again.

You're talking about Nash's soul or essence in a metaphysical sense. I'm referring to the Illuminati copying and downloading Nash's brain into a Genome Soldier like Twelve.

Also the Necalli x Nash thing could've been just a dream or a vision.
    edited December 2017
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    WHAT THE FUCK DOES GETEPE MEAN?!?!
    - Getepe like @ES_Curse said seems to mean the SNH, as it is the only thing that Ryu, Akuma, and Necalli have in common. Early in SFV, we talked about how the SNH is a state of mind or chi that is not unique to Goutetsu's teachings, and other cultures around the world could've attained it through their own fighting arts.
    Or Getepe is the name of another stupid alien or whatever Necalli is. And he's somehow the source of the SnH and Necalli can sense him in those other character's powers.

It'll be all "The SnH is actually the ghost of some evil alien and it's currently possessing Akuma."

Because that's the kind of hack shit they'd introduce after introducing Necalli.

I think "Getepe" is a made up name/word that try to sound from the mexican area/folklore like as Necalli come from that area (being Atzec*)

I don't think Nec is alien (i surely hope not), i find more likely concept wise he's supposed to be some kind of golem, like the jew monster, but atzec version, probably powered by human sacrifices (atzec culture)

Notice original form of Nec look like a gray clay statue (wich explain also his "mud" form)
    e7b76da40b3fce05c8efdc46bac59dee.jpg

and will not be the first time Capcom plan to introduce a golem in SF
    golem_fightinggame.jpg

Is possible Necalli is just an ancient weapon gone mad
    "The meaning of the name Necalli is Battle. The origin of the name Necalli is Aztec. This is the culture in which the name originated, or in the case of a word, the language."

My 2cents theory is that the golem was powered by blood/human sacrifices (original concept had Nec straight cannibal) or a softer "souls", but developed a taste for it and gone out of control

Or maybe he was supposed to be active only for a battle then return a statue (like the golem was supposed to be "turn off"after a task), in some gigantic massacre he absorbed so much blood/souls that breaked free as he stored charge/energy for centuries... and still he's ever hungry, and possibly weakened (wich may explain some crap performances, example vs Rog)

Also his bizarre way of say words, slow, dragging them, interrupted, repetition may just be a way to give the "low battery" vibe =)

*aside design supporting it, his name and moveset is based on Atzec culture

** https://www.babynames.com/name/necalli

That isn’t Necalli’s original form, that’s probably what his physical form looks like when he is hibernating (Statue).

edited December 2017
    That isn’t Necalli’s original form, that’s probably what his physical form looks like when he is hibernating (Statue).

Wait, "statue" Necalli is'nt his hibernating form, is what he looked like in Atzec/Prophet times

Nec-statue story vs Ryu>Sim>Bison does'nt happen, is the atzec Prophet that imagine it, and visualize Necalli as he know him (statue like design)

At the end of the Prophet fight Necalli, lose and get absorbed... wich is implied is what gave Nec his current "human" look, with his design reminding a bit the Prophet (human skin, scars, physical build)

But one thing that seem evident is that if Nec was created by men, it was'nt in the prophet generation... or worse he can be truly an alien, as his cyclical return seem influenced by stars allignment

The prophet seem to think at him as neither, more like an extradimensional being... as he don't say "came down from the stars" but simply "walk this plane"

Even more deep form, can be the moster
    sfv-monster-necalli-concept-art.jpg
    As now i think at it a bit as Nec's core spirit form, kinda like the Oni is the incarnation of Akuma's power
    latest?cb=20161226181346
    With purple skin, animal like fangs and a start hint of horns if he totally abandon himself to SnH

I will wait at use Monster form as canon as is designed by Kiki... who proven to NOT be reliable source of canon/design etc of what actually end up in the game as official.

The statue design is by kiki too, but got into the game and has been covered by Bengus too, and from what we know Bengus may have designed it to begin with

Another thing to consider is that outside Kars having some similarity with Nec, Capcom seem have took some pages from JoJo's Pillar Men as inspiration for Necalli's race

Few parts from here http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Pillar_Men
    Description

The Pillar Men are a race of ancient, humanoid, super-human beings. They are now nearly extinct, but used to live hundreds of thousand of years ago in the American continent. They are highly intelligent, extremely strong, and able to manipulate their bodies to a very fine degree; however, they are vulnerable to the rays of the Sun and to the Ripple.

Notice also american continent as Nec, who have aztec background
    Moreover, Pillar Men are inherently powerful, have athletic physiques exclusively, and are immortal. Their immortality causes Pillar Men to not produce children, as there is little need, and sleep for millennia instead of hours, staying awake for comparable periods.
    High-Level Body Manipulation

Pillar Men can freely change and manipulate their bodies to a greater degree and speed than any vampire created by the Stone Masks, being able to dislocate or even break their own bones as well as flatten organs in order to achieve any form they desire. With their near-immortality and powers of regeneration, they can survive, endure attacks, and restore their bodies even after being reduced to only their brain.

Like Nec changing form and ability to survive literally exploding to pieces after attempt absorb of Akuma
    Absorption

The Pillar Men's main method of sustenance is absorbing living beings (including Vampires) via any form of physical contact. A Pillar Man's body is composed of cells that release a digestive acid, which melt the victim at a cellular level, creating the illusion that the Pillar Man is absorbing a victim into its body.

This look basically the same

What's true is that they looked like stone statues (skin, jewels, clothes, everything) when resting

260?cb=20140614203311
    d75b16befa6f58dbf8747acad7d9cb5fa4e495d1.jpg

but unlike Nec they regain theyr "human" form as soon they wake up

• Kriger SternKriger Stern Bison Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,640
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    In keeping with what @Daemos said...I can only wonder...

Bison SFV
    liu_zong_wu_by_sirwolfgang-d3iv8zo.jpg

Bison future?
    Liu_Zong-Wu.jpg

Props to this reference.
    -Daeyrat