F.A.N.G. General Thread: Nothing up the Sleeve

Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,496
edited February 2016 in F.A.N.G

Looks like he's Balrog's substitute for 4 the Grandmasters of Shadaloo this time around. His stage also makes it look like he's the boss?
Post edited by jchensor on
Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!

Comments

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,402
    edited December 2015
    Looks like there's a Street Fighter-XCOM-crossover going on, considering they're putting thin men in SFV.
    Looks like he's Balrog's Sagat's substitute for 4 the Grandmasters of Shadaloo this time around. His stage also makes it look like he's the boss?
    fix'd, I presume?
  • giant_ratgiant_rat Joined: Posts: 107
    i don't think he's rog's replacement. there's still a statue resembling his likeness.

also lmao @ that bird super
  • HaggarmaniaHaggarmania Joined: Posts: 95
    I thought this character looked amazing, really want to main him now. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone from seeing everyone's first impression of him.
  • ZephryseZephryse "Triumph or die!" Joined: Posts: 563
    Yeah, Rog got confirmed for DLC, so Sagat's spot is taken. I'm really about him for some reason... I need to see more.
    CFN: waltzfatali-
    SFV: Bison
  • luckyjimluckyjim Joined: Posts: 117
    It seems so strange having yet another character with a move that goes through fireballs, while also not having that many projectile characters in the first place. All these would make more sense if every character had some sort of projectile.. like MK, I guess.

Love that design, though! Hopefully we can see a character breakdown soon.
  • noosetesternoosetester Joined: Posts: 856
    mykka wrote: »
    He reminds me of Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, when he became paper thin and with the high pitched voice

I just wrote the same thing on a different board. He's like a Silent Hill weirdo cosplaying a chinese Judge Doom, and I don't need that drama in my life. Fucking nightmare fuel.
  • CL_YunCL_Yun The black Daigo Joined: Posts: 47
    looks like a mix between gen taokaka and ozzy ozbourne lets go
    SFV:Chun(main),Karin,R.mika,laura USF4:Chun(main),Yun,Poison TTT2:Julia(jaycee),Lili, Jin,Feng BBCP:Bullet,arakune
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,651
    He looks like a Brink character

Also is he just kinda fucking creepy/goofy or is he a gay character?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,496
    What I'm wondering about is, is he human or a weird Shadaloo design?
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • ZephryseZephryse "Triumph or die!" Joined: Posts: 563
    A character based on poisoning, huh. Now I just want to get my hands on him. D:
    CFN: waltzfatali-
    SFV: Bison
  • RandomBSRandomBS Joined: Posts: 772
    Chars cost 600zenny, and costumes cost 400? That ensures i'll never be buying costumes lmao.
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kinda sad that the voice wasn't actually james hong lol.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,165
    Is the japanese reveal trailer avaiable? Because the sound files that were datamined were completely different from his english voice.
  • VolcanickVolcanick Rookie Magic Joined: Posts: 325
    Very interesting to see him be involved in the experiments. Should have cool story implications. Still think he's a robot.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,288
    Volcanick wrote: »
    Very interesting to see him be involved in the experiments. Should have cool story implications. Still think he's a robot.

Why a robot?
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • CL_YunCL_Yun The black Daigo Joined: Posts: 47
    So does that poison damage kill? i wonder or will it be like sims flame carpet
    SFV:Chun(main),Karin,R.mika,laura USF4:Chun(main),Yun,Poison TTT2:Julia(jaycee),Lili, Jin,Feng BBCP:Bullet,arakune
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,640
    He immediately made me think of this guy

lopan.jpg
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    His name makes him seem like a lab project, and he is Sagats replacement.

first time I watched the trailer and seen that critical art I was like WTF???

He's grown on me though after third watch. I really really like his moveset.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • RedVegaRedVega Joined: Posts: 861
    Looks like such a try-hard.
  • RedVegaRedVega Joined: Posts: 861
    Zephryse wrote: »
    A character based on poisoning, huh. Now I just want to get my hands on him. D:

BornFree had actually made this same exact prediction months ago. He said Fang would be a poison based character that drains your life over time.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,976
    The design is terrible in every way, but I have to admit there's some very cool things about his gameplay/fighting style...
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,294
    He's cool AF to me. But I can't cheat on my Rashid baby. So Fang will be my side piece
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 902
    Not a big fan of him. Also, his V trigger is basically Noxious Reptile thing.
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,271
    Classic, same peoples whined on Rufus charades will whine about him
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,833 mod
    Yeah his V Trigger is definitely borrowed from MKX style status stuff.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    sim, ryu, and fang.
    oh my fucking god. YES.YES he is arakune duo lon.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • VolcanickVolcanick Rookie Magic Joined: Posts: 325
    Volcanick wrote: »

Why a robot?

I dunno. I just don't see regular people going by an acronym. Plus he's the dude doing all the experiments for them. Have to think his own body has also been used as a test subject.
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,294
    I just wish they made someone else the villain. 2nd command and that flamboyant? He doesn't look intimidating imo.
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu