Yeah i wont miss this game and only noobs will

-King of the Post-09ers
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2015
    THANK YOU FOR SINGLEHANDEDLY REVIVING THE STREET FIGHTER FRANCHISE AND THE ENTIRE FIGHTING GAME COMMUNITY AND GENRE!!!!

I LOVE YOU KTHXBYE!!!! <3

edit- Forgot to add this...

Don't look at me like that, you know the words.
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,674
    Easilyn wrote: »
    Maxman wrote: »
    holy shit at some of the posts wishing it a salty goodbye

Title_24.jpg

holy shit nxggers you are killing me XD

But but but but, fadc taking super bar is lame tho.
    Everybody unique now and that shitty ass bootleg cancel is gone.

Capcom went back to the interesting stuff they did with 2, 3 and alpha 3.
    4 was necessary though. capcom does best when they use a system like vtrigger or isms.
    Although I will say being able to have genei jin and another super aka ultra was funny.

Yeah
    Dont get me wrong , what you are saying is basically how i felt

Its just that my post was meant to convey that some of the posts in this thread made me laugh hard
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,649
    Buhbye SF4! Thanks for making me interested in SF again after I dropped the franchise back in the late 90s with Alpha 3 (my fav game). SF3 did nothing for me, and SF4 brought me back. It had its flaws, but it revived the entire franchise and the genre. It has earned its place in history.
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
  • Maria CroftMaria Croft Joined: Posts: 910
    Thank you SF4 for reviving the SF franchise, giving me Rose back and 1000 hours of playtime.
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    Dsp sends chills down the spine with that laugh, impossible.

But in all seriousness ultra was a polished mess. half the cast was awesome then the other half is well...there.
    Decapre. Really. Gen. Really. Rufus. Fuerte. Really. Thawk. Really. Sf2 thawk is nice, sf4 thawk, what the fuck is that.

Feilong was nice back in the day too. Real nice. sf2 feilong was fucking nice. But I honestly think if they bring back a karate nigga it should be tony jaa now or a sleeping dogs homage.
    sf5 would probably make fei long, dope again.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    This thread reminds me of when people get drunk and just start shouting out shit they've been holding in for 20 years.

This game isn't going to die instantly, it's not Call of Duty, where everyone just hops onto he latest one.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • LarthyLarthy Kissed by a Goddess Joined: Posts: 529
    On one side, I can't wait for this game to shift into the background.

On the other, it was my first real effort into taking a fighting game seriously and doing all I could to be a better player. It awakened the horrible inner-scrub within me through the years, inflated and hurt my ego countless times, endlessly frustrated me with trying to understand what is wrong with me and how I could fix it.

Couldn't ask for a better preparation for SFV. Not to mention that game made SFV possible in the first place. I'm thankful for that. It was ugly as hell back in vanilla already, it wasn't a game for me, I hated how most of its mechanics worked. But it was a great stepping stone. Exposed me fully to what makes a fighting game.

Think I still need to flatten my ego some more though. I wrote this crap here and am still enough of a hypocrite to post it anyway. The things you learn about yourself...
    Steam/CFN ID: Cathrao | SFV: Akuma/Ed | T7: Feng/Lili
  • SwarnSwarn Joined: Posts: 204
    It always had to be in the spotlight reminding me of how shit I am at the only relevant game in the fighting game space. Why couldn't the old outdated game that *I* was good at specifically be the one everyone actually cared about? SF4 requires no fundamentals. Can't wait to shit on all these scrubs in SF5. Though I don't know about that I'm starting to get SF4 vibes from SF5. NP I'll just go back to my main game if I start losi-I mean it ends up being a shit game. SF4, you will not be missed except maybe by baka gaijins and 09ers.
  • drunken_ryudrunken_ryu Joined: Posts: 10
    Fun game that revitalized my interest in the SF series and in 2D fighters in general. With that being said, I'm more than ready to put the game to bed and let SF5 take over.
    SFV: Ryu, Guile
    USF4: Ryu, Guile
    Xrd: Ky
  • RoofLizardRoofLizard Joined: Posts: 19
    It got me into SF <3
  • crono_marlecrono_marle Joined: Posts: 348
    I'm surprised by all the anti-SF4 messages. Let's be honest, the scene would be severely different if that game never dropped. I remember when EVO had just over a hundred paid players for 3rd strike and Capcom vs Snk 2. That was pre-SF4. Where are we now? Over 1500 players and a game is dropped if the numbers begin to dip into the lower hundreds. The community was on life support, and ST4 brought waaayyyy more players in than most are honestly admitting.
    1 John 2:11
    11 If we hate others, we are living and walking in the dark.
    edited December 2015
    Street fighter 4 is probably why xrd and tekken 7 exist, and let's not forget sf5.
    It is an alright game but face it, the game's a fucking placeholder, that we needed so other games could survive.
    Sf4 is what was needed to keep the genre relevant. Sf5 is different.

Resident evil 5 is probably just as wack as sf4, but unfortunately I like it still.

Sfxt could've replaced it if it wasn't for the dumb decisions made with on disc dlc fiasco.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,170
    SF4 is certainly the single most important fighting game made in the last decade. That doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of things to dislike about the game.
  • YorKeYYorKeY On that count of three, everybody run back to your fantasy! Joined: Posts: 6,235
    edited December 2015
    Dabbled in fighting games as a child when my dad owned them on Sega Saturn and Super Nintendo, but never truly played them until 2011, when I bought 3rd Strike and KoF98 by chance from an Xbox Live sale, then met some people on the 3rd Strike Online Edition, ran into SRK by chance on google looking for tips on KoF98 and 3S. Then fast forward a year later in late 2012, I got SF4 during the AE12 era, and loved it ever since, even though there was MANY things about this game that catered to bad players that made me rage. Even though I stopped playing this game seriously about a year ago, it's always fun to dabble in now and then to keep my skills sharp. Best part of my career on XBL was making WolfKrone rage quit. :L

@easy

Resident Evil 5.... I hated that game.... Never beat it...Almost unplayable without coop friend to suffer with... LOL
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone
    MvC Infinite: ????
    Currently playing:

I beat gold edition so many times back on ps3 and fought so many niggas in mercs. Thug life.
    6 is better and worse in some areas. Pissed off about some of the changes they made. Inventory, leon/chris only gets knife...ah.
    But I pray 7 gets back to no movin while shootin.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    I'm surprised by all the anti-SF4 messages. Let's be honest, the scene would be severely different if that game never dropped. I remember when EVO had just over a hundred paid players for 3rd strike and Capcom vs Snk 2. That was pre-SF4. Where are we now? Over 1500 players and a game is dropped if the numbers begin to dip into the lower hundreds. The community was on life support, and ST4 brought waaayyyy more players in than most are honestly admitting.

Last year SF4 had over 2000 entrants at EVO :O
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • melodymelody Joined: Posts: 111
    got into sf4 and the fgc at the same time here. saw the daigo parry for the first time as a freshman in college, was my first taste of fgc hype. eventually found the daigo/valle alpha 3 tourney vid when it had like 11,000 views and was blown away by alex's breakdown on the old srk forums of what went down. found out about the umeshoryu on an old st wiki shortly after. and all the hyper fighting/st ogs in the american scene. as an outsider looking in, the fgc exuded mystique. eventually started grinding sf4 on a friend's ps3 and haven't looked back.
    "having aduken is advantageous, using aduken is chicken, and abusing aduken is winning. i wonder when ryu users will finally c that?"
    - brucelee-kid
  • KoumoriKoumori Chun-Li is my waifu Joined: Posts: 283
    I don't care what anyone says: Street Fighter 4 rocks. I've spent 1000s of hours in it and I will spend more in the future. My favorite game for years.

Street Fighter V by comparison doesn't look as fun to me, but I haven't played it yet so I can't fairly judge it yet.
    PSN: IR_Baboon2
    CFN: DarkMenstrual
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 881
    Goodbye to my favorite FG of all-time. Just like all other games, SF4 will slowly fade away until only a handful of hardcore fans are playing it.
    SFV: CamCam Inj2: CawCaw
  • UCFinishUCFinish Tim Joined: Posts: 109
    For what it's worth, I enjoyed SF4 for the first 2-3 years. Then I went back to ST and wondered why I bothered playing SF4. For the next couple of years I'd play SF4 only sparingly, in an effort to keep the game with the largest competitive pool 'fresh.' By late 2014, however, I'd had enough of SF4. It just stopped feeling like anything remotely similar to my conception of what Street Fighter is.

So RIP, I guess.
    Video games aren't supposed to make you feel miserable.
  • EvansgambitEvansgambit ATOMIC ZANGI Joined: Posts: 744
    Farewell exciting comebacks.

Goodbye Viewer Count

Hello SFV!

Fuck You X-Box Gamers

Welcome back SF2\SFA-ers!
    ATOMIC ZANGI: Body slamming those busters
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFV PC Joined: Posts: 2,036
    Looking forward to V as well here, but at the same time I will keep my USF4 online.

...online free forever, no MS or PS network fees.

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=fighterh15

10 bucks full or 5 for AE upgrade if you have AE PC.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFV PC Joined: Posts: 2,036
    Ellipsen wrote: »
    Looking forward to V as well here, but at the same time I will keep my USF4 online.

...online free forever, no MS or PS network fees.

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=fighterh15

10 bucks full or 5 for AE upgrade if you have AE PC.

Long Live OMEGA mode that SH*T is fun mixing it up from all versions just for kicks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • DelayedWakeUpDelayedWakeUp Realest Nigga Joined: Posts: 117
    Sf4 ain't going no where, it's going to be a melee vs sm4sh sort of thing, sfv is fucking shit, combofiend texted me and told me so
    d3v wrote: »
    Well the primary goal when you engage in a footsies battle is to out space your opponent to create an error so you can punish in a way that allows you to continue to press the advantage. Common examples are whiff punish into knockdown for follow up pressure or mix up, whiff punish into super for high damage while also potentially getting pressure and or mix up afterwards as well.
    False.

LOL
  • ParryAllParryAll Dangerous Posts Joined: Posts: 3,284
    Good Riddance.

I liked Vanilla a lot, but man did the game get old for me quickly. Stopped playing around 2011. Too many updates, too many new characters, too many changes couldn't keep up with it plus the core game just didn't have lasting power with me the way ST, A2, and 3S did.

V looks amazing and I can't wait. Played it and it's a huge step in the right direction. Before people get mad: opinions.
    "Third Strike just has that flow which somehow alienates you from your surroundings and really plugs your brain into the match your playing and your able to comprehend so many different situations and mind games and mixups in such a limited amount of time and all this without even thinking" - Nubilous

"[3rd Strike] makes you feel like the character is an extension of yourself when you get good enough." - AzureWolf

"Street Fighter is now like The Simpsons. It's been bad longer than it's been good." -ParryAll
    ultra tried to make 4 accessible to everybody and basically pissed off everybody.
  • EspejismoEspejismo The battle for revolutionairy intentions begins Joined: Posts: 6
    Only memory I have of this game is that I got into it way too late.

Still, it should make for decent practice on my Hori RAP4...
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,582 mod
    mvc2 dieing was so...oh my god.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,957
    Marvel 3 ain't in a healthy state. The marvel board is dead outside of a handful of threads and tourney numbers been dropping.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,470
    Marvel 3 ain't in a healthy state. The marvel board is dead outside of a handful of threads and tourney numbers been dropping.

Yea, but they have had success with crowd funding pots bonuses to get people to still travel and compete. The current one for Teespring isn't bad either, I think I might cop cuz the Tee is dope.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If this was 2007 Marvel's numbers would still be great. I think Marvel 2 was already starting to get only barely above 100 people at Evo around that time.

It won't really die since it's America's anime game and nothing else is quite as crazy as Marvel. It has a charm and identity that people will hold onto until the next one.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

edited January 2016
    mvc2 seemed like it was the epitome of hype till it evolved into only touching 6 characters.
    And that's why I do not believe tier lists. The worst character ended up being the one everybody used in evo.

Sentinel used to be below SHUMA ffs lol
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,179
    And that's why I do not believe tier lists.
    Tier lists change, they're never supposed to be seen as absolute. They only reflect how powerful a character is according to the current understanding of said character's abilities, because what else could you judge it on? The newer the game is, the more inaccurate it will be.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
  • Mangy_CatMangy_Cat Chop Suey! Joined: Posts: 591
    SF5 cruelly omitted Rose, so as long as she doesn't make it SF5, I won't stop playing SF4.
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2016
    This might belong in another thread. But SFV will need to prove it can replace USFIV before its phased out of major Tournaments.

As of 1/9 USFIV is one of the 2016 tournament main games for:
    -Hypespotting - Regional
    -CannesWinterClash - Regional
    -Final Round - Premier
    -Westcoast Warzone - Regional
    -CEO - Premier

The question remains to be seen. Is it before or after UMVC3 in terms of stream time.
    dudley's swerve will be missed. makoto's everything will be missed hugo's clap will be missed. Although alex and this urien get some spotlight this time. Uh... if hugo doesn't get in, there is still room for season 2 Q.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,582 mod
    edited January 2016
    mvc2 seemed like it was the epitome of hype till it evolved into only touching 6 characters.
    And that's why I do not believe tier lists. The worst character ended up being the one everybody used in evo.

Sentinel used to be below SHUMA ffs lol

That was before stuff like fast fly was discovered and he suddenly became the fastest character in the game.

To quote fanatiq.
    fanatiq wrote: »
    Sentinel:
    Sentinels fast fly was unintentional. 8 of the 56 characters have flight mode, but Sentinel is the only person who can cancel his flight animation. Hes not the only one who can solo combo utilizing flight mode, but the others who can do this just so happen to have shorter flight animations than sentinel. This allows sentinel to dominate mid air confrontation and zone really well due to canceling recovery time on attacks via fly, unfly and refly. This makes a perfect battle with sentinel and magneto, as magnetos exploitations allow him to close space effectively, while sentinels exploitations allow him to box Magneto out, and space out very effectively, a perfect tug of war. This wasnt insight on the part of the developers but more happenstance. These things were never discovered and made it into the final build of the game and much to the developers surprise it was exactly what the game needed.

Sentinel also avoids most damage buffer. The marvel engine works so that after a delayed hyper combo (dhc) damage buffer is reset completely except all damage done by the hyper move is cut by 30%. Sentinel has the strongest pragmatic combos in the game, and a super that upon dhc hits only about 4-5 times and allows him to combo afterwards with minimal buffered damage. This is how Storm and Sentinel delayed hyper combos can do 100% life. Of course this wasnt intentional. Everything was put in place in the engine to prevent one touch kills. The damage buffers, super buffers on dhcs, the complete recovery dizziness, it is all for the sake of preventing one touch kills.

You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    I do not know why I'm not fond of sentinel when I like painwheel.
    All I know is that I just can't when it comes to mvc sentinels.

I do not know the terms for such but I immediately feel the sour when sentinel involved.
  • h3x0r89h3x0r89 Joined: Posts: 1
  • Dan_The_ManDan_The_Man FGC Hipster Joined: Posts: 65
    Goodbye SF4. You got me into the wider fighting game community and led me to ST and third strike. You were decent for a time but you don't have the staying power of the classics.
    #KeepDreaming
  • PrinceVegetaPrinceVegeta Joined: Posts: 15
    I'm picking up Street Fighter, and since my PC doesn't run Street Fighter V and I don't have a PS4, I'll be playing USFIV.
  • Exia 00Exia 00 #deathtoanime Joined: Posts: 899
    By the end of its lifespan, the game had almost every character I ever wanted.

Damn, I remember hearing Indestructible for the first time and laughing my ass off.. lol
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Apparntly they're getting another Japanese person/group to sing a theme for SFV.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01