Street Fighter 4 Farewell Thread

Comments

• EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    ultra tried to make 4 accessible to everybody and basically pissed off everybody.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • EspejismoEspejismo The battle for revolutionairy intentions begins Joined: Posts: 6
    Only memory I have of this game is that I got into it way too late.

Still, it should make for decent practice on my Hori RAP4...
    mvc2 dieing was so...oh my god.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,866
    Marvel 3 ain't in a healthy state. The marvel board is dead outside of a handful of threads and tourney numbers been dropping.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,441
    Marvel 3 ain't in a healthy state. The marvel board is dead outside of a handful of threads and tourney numbers been dropping.

Yea, but they have had success with crowd funding pots bonuses to get people to still travel and compete. The current one for Teespring isn't bad either, I think I might cop cuz the Tee is dope.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,984 mod
    If this was 2007 Marvel's numbers would still be great. I think Marvel 2 was already starting to get only barely above 100 people at Evo around that time.

It won't really die since it's America's anime game and nothing else is quite as crazy as Marvel. It has a charm and identity that people will hold onto until the next one.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited January 2016
    mvc2 seemed like it was the epitome of hype till it evolved into only touching 6 characters.
    And that's why I do not believe tier lists. The worst character ended up being the one everybody used in evo.

Sentinel used to be below SHUMA ffs lol
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,187
    Easilyn wrote: »
    And that's why I do not believe tier lists.
    Tier lists change, they're never supposed to be seen as absolute. They only reflect how powerful a character is according to the current understanding of said character's abilities, because what else could you judge it on? The newer the game is, the more inaccurate it will be.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
  • Mangy_CatMangy_Cat Joined: Posts: 602
    SF5 cruelly omitted Rose, so as long as she doesn't make it SF5, I won't stop playing SF4.
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2016
    This might belong in another thread. But SFV will need to prove it can replace USFIV before its phased out of major Tournaments.

As of 1/9 USFIV is one of the 2016 tournament main games for:
    -Hypespotting - Regional
    -CannesWinterClash - Regional
    -Final Round - Premier
    -Westcoast Warzone - Regional
    -CEO - Premier

The question remains to be seen. Is it before or after UMVC3 in terms of stream time.
    dudley's swerve will be missed. makoto's everything will be missed hugo's clap will be missed. Although alex and this urien get some spotlight this time. Uh... if hugo doesn't get in, there is still room for season 2 Q.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,140 mod
    edited January 2016
    Easilyn wrote: »
    mvc2 seemed like it was the epitome of hype till it evolved into only touching 6 characters.
    And that's why I do not believe tier lists. The worst character ended up being the one everybody used in evo.

Sentinel used to be below SHUMA ffs lol

That was before stuff like fast fly was discovered and he suddenly became the fastest character in the game.

To quote fanatiq.
    fanatiq wrote: »
    Sentinel:
    Sentinels fast fly was unintentional. 8 of the 56 characters have flight mode, but Sentinel is the only person who can cancel his flight animation. Hes not the only one who can solo combo utilizing flight mode, but the others who can do this just so happen to have shorter flight animations than sentinel. This allows sentinel to dominate mid air confrontation and zone really well due to canceling recovery time on attacks via fly, unfly and refly. This makes a perfect battle with sentinel and magneto, as magnetos exploitations allow him to close space effectively, while sentinels exploitations allow him to box Magneto out, and space out very effectively, a perfect tug of war. This wasnt insight on the part of the developers but more happenstance. These things were never discovered and made it into the final build of the game and much to the developers surprise it was exactly what the game needed.

Sentinel also avoids most damage buffer. The marvel engine works so that after a delayed hyper combo (dhc) damage buffer is reset completely except all damage done by the hyper move is cut by 30%. Sentinel has the strongest pragmatic combos in the game, and a super that upon dhc hits only about 4-5 times and allows him to combo afterwards with minimal buffered damage. This is how Storm and Sentinel delayed hyper combos can do 100% life. Of course this wasnt intentional. Everything was put in place in the engine to prevent one touch kills. The damage buffers, super buffers on dhcs, the complete recovery dizziness, it is all for the sake of preventing one touch kills.

I do not know why I'm not fond of sentinel when I like painwheel.
    All I know is that I just can't when it comes to mvc sentinels.

I do not know the terms for such but I immediately feel the sour when sentinel involved.
  • h3x0r89h3x0r89 Joined: Posts: 1
  • Dan_The_ManDan_The_Man FGC Hipster Joined: Posts: 65
    Goodbye SF4. You got me into the wider fighting game community and led me to ST and third strike. You were decent for a time but you don't have the staying power of the classics.
    #KeepDreaming
  • PrinceVegetaPrinceVegeta Joined: Posts: 15
    I'm picking up Street Fighter, and since my PC doesn't run Street Fighter V and I don't have a PS4, I'll be playing USFIV.
  • Exia 00Exia 00 #deathtoanime Joined: Posts: 904
    By the end of its lifespan, the game had almost every character I ever wanted.

Damn, I remember hearing Indestructible for the first time and laughing my ass off.. lol
    Apparntly they're getting another Japanese person/group to sing a theme for SFV.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Exia 00Exia 00 #deathtoanime Joined: Posts: 904
    Apparntly they're getting another Japanese person/group to sing a theme for SFV.

God dammit lol
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,140 mod

Furry Japanese Slipknot lol.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,412 mod
    Please tell me that these tears in their eyes and mashed uppercut kind of niggas know they don't have to stop playing just because a new game came out.

The game is on the same console as the next release. You don't have to say farewell to shit.

Try being an ST player.

You can't.

There ain't no port.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • YorKeYYorKeY Fight for the future Joined: Posts: 7,847
    Fuck Street Fighter IV, i'm done with this dumb game, game's dead.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles & Yugi-Oh! Duel Links!
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• Mr. FlowersMr. Flowers Omega Male Joined: Posts: 2,094 mod
    I've put more hours into this game than anything else. I really never expected the SF4 series to become so much a part of my normal everyday life. This is the end of an era. A really good era!
    Bring back Sakura.
  • OUTforJUSTICEOUTforJUSTICE Joined: Posts: 145
    There is so much I hate about this game that I'd rather not post a novel on here. TL;DR: Game is shit and isn't very rewarding. It also has the distinction of being the only fighting game that get's me incredibly salty EVEN WHEN I'M CONSISTENTLY WINNING. An amazing accomplishment, to be honest.

• Max_The_ScrublordMax_The_Scrublord Joined: Posts: 204
    edited January 2016

I'm getting a PC. I'm playing SFV. I've tried so hard to like USF4. I just can't. I'm inclined to like it, because in concept it's awesome! 44 characters, everyone gets a shot at awesome combos, you get two meters filled in different ways creating an interesting meta, a universal attack with a multitude of purposes, it sounds great. Then you go online.
    Post edited by Max_The_Scrublord on

• NiiobuNiiobu Arcana Blart 3: LOVE MALL!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,034
    Kicked out of EVO. Yep.
    Freeobu
    Pertho wrote: »
    Please tell me that these tears in their eyes and mashed uppercut kind of niggas know they don't have to stop playing just because a new game came out.

The game is on the same console as the next release. You don't have to say farewell to shit.

Try being an ST player.

You can't.

There ain't no port.

Well, there's HD Remix. But that's HD Remix...

KBrad going straight SAVAGE on the people responsible for removing SFIV from Evo's main line up. They will have their day in court.

• otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,184
    Lol never thought K-Brad was so passionate about the game. I mean he's not particularly impressing or anything.
    Kbrad should stop bitching. If you could tolerate, and LEARN HOW TO USE DECAPRE OF ALL PEOPLE then you get a golden sticker and automatically can just breeze through any fighting game :(
    How can you master a character like that and complain that 5 is too easy?
    edited January 2016
    KBrad afraid he gon become the washed up veterans of SF4. Like John Choi and Afrocole with ST, or 5Star and DevilJin01 in 3S.

Whoa! @DevilJin01 , I had no idea you were at Evo before!

• xeboxebo Joined: Posts: 40
    As soon as I hit 666 Hours in steam I will stop playing this shit game. Good fucking riddance. Worst SF game to date.

1st that's more than a week of just playing this game straight. way too much for a game you don't enjoy.

2nd i played sf the movie the game in the arcade when it came out. so let's calm down on the 'worst street fighter ever' talk.
    Either way, Im most gratefull to SF4 to reignite the FGC, even when the 09ers was a terrible time to be in the forums BUT again... The fire is ON.

it can be argued that the forums never recovered. the high level discussion never returned en masse. there is more action in closing 'what stick should i buy' threads in the newbie forum than any character forum and it doesn't seem like those days are ever coming back.

there are some things that i like about the 4 series. for me it felt like the more i learned about it, the less i liked it. which is the opposite learning curve that i felt for a3, st, mvc2 and cvs2. the endless pandering to the lower levels of play and thought left the game open to exploits and strategies that don't resemble the street fighter that i know and love. so while i am happy to see something new come, i am also interested to see what comes of the game when we are not so focused on it.
    "i hit every combo/glitch there ever was the first time i try it, and usually the first time i try doing it after i wake up....but then i don't get it again all day at least.

...its like i have real life super meters... " -skisonic
  • VaderFettVaderFett Another DLC is coming your way! #PayUp Joined: Posts: 44
    The game will still be around and lots of people will still play it. Just look at ST and 3S as examples for it being done before. No spotlight for sure, but still having a presence and a following.
    PSN: Vader-Fett XBL: Vader Fett 1 FightCade: VaderFett

"You know? I love cheap characters!"-Infiltration on why he plays Nash
    "Oh, this is the worst question to ask! Of course, I body him!"-Tokido on facing Wong
    I wonder how many resources are filled by 4 staying online.
  • douglavrasdouglavras Blue_Note Joined: Posts: 54
    Opinions are so polarized. The last games I played hard were Sf2, ssf2 and Snk's samurai shodown (all 5) and last blade. I came back 15 years later to play USF4 and the game seems very good to me.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the problem with USF4?

I've heard people complaining about focus, fadc, 1 frame, os and too many chars (!?). Is that it?