Street Fighter 4 Farewell Thread

13»

Comments

• Exia 00Exia 00 #deathtoanime Joined: Posts: 899
    Apparntly they're getting another Japanese person/group to sing a theme for SFV.

God dammit lol
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,607 mod
    Apparntly they're getting another Japanese person/group to sing a theme for SFV.

Furry Japanese Slipknot lol.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,610 mod
    Please tell me that these tears in their eyes and mashed uppercut kind of niggas know they don't have to stop playing just because a new game came out.

The game is on the same console as the next release. You don't have to say farewell to shit.

Try being an ST player.

You can't.

There ain't no port.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • YorKeYYorKeY Kobe Bryant Joined: Posts: 6,268
    Fuck Street Fighter IV, i'm done with this dumb game, game's dead.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone
    MvC Infinite: ????
    Currently playing:

• Mr. FlowersMr. Flowers Omega Male Joined: Posts: 2,085 mod
    I've put more hours into this game than anything else. I really never expected the SF4 series to become so much a part of my normal everyday life. This is the end of an era. A really good era!
    Don't nerf me!
  • OUTforJUSTICEOUTforJUSTICE Joined: Posts: 145
    There is so much I hate about this game that I'd rather not post a novel on here. TL;DR: Game is shit and isn't very rewarding. It also has the distinction of being the only fighting game that get's me incredibly salty EVEN WHEN I'M CONSISTENTLY WINNING. An amazing accomplishment, to be honest.

• Max_The_ScrublordMax_The_Scrublord Joined: Posts: 204
    edited January 2016

I'm getting a PC. I'm playing SFV. I've tried so hard to like USF4. I just can't. I'm inclined to like it, because in concept it's awesome! 44 characters, everyone gets a shot at awesome combos, you get two meters filled in different ways creating an interesting meta, a universal attack with a multitude of purposes, it sounds great. Then you go online.
    Post edited by Max_The_Scrublord on

• NiiobuNiiobu Joined: Posts: 1,014
    Kicked out of EVO. Yep.
    Freeobu
    Pertho wrote: »
    Please tell me that these tears in their eyes and mashed uppercut kind of niggas know they don't have to stop playing just because a new game came out.

The game is on the same console as the next release. You don't have to say farewell to shit.

Try being an ST player.

You can't.

There ain't no port.

Well, there's HD Remix. But that's HD Remix...

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    KBrad going straight SAVAGE on the people responsible for removing SFIV from Evo's main line up. They will have their day in court.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,110
    Lol never thought K-Brad was so passionate about the game. I mean he's not particularly impressing or anything.
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    Kbrad should stop bitching. If you could tolerate, and LEARN HOW TO USE DECAPRE OF ALL PEOPLE then you get a golden sticker and automatically can just breeze through any fighting game :(
    How can you master a character like that and complain that 5 is too easy?
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
    edited January 2016
    KBrad afraid he gon become the washed up veterans of SF4. Like John Choi and Afrocole with ST, or 5Star and DevilJin01 in 3S.

Whoa! @DevilJin01 , I had no idea you were at Evo before!

• xeboxebo Joined: Posts: 40
    As soon as I hit 666 Hours in steam I will stop playing this shit game. Good fucking riddance. Worst SF game to date.

1st that's more than a week of just playing this game straight. way too much for a game you don't enjoy.

2nd i played sf the movie the game in the arcade when it came out. so let's calm down on the 'worst street fighter ever' talk.
    Either way, Im most gratefull to SF4 to reignite the FGC, even when the 09ers was a terrible time to be in the forums BUT again... The fire is ON.

it can be argued that the forums never recovered. the high level discussion never returned en masse. there is more action in closing 'what stick should i buy' threads in the newbie forum than any character forum and it doesn't seem like those days are ever coming back.

there are some things that i like about the 4 series. for me it felt like the more i learned about it, the less i liked it. which is the opposite learning curve that i felt for a3, st, mvc2 and cvs2. the endless pandering to the lower levels of play and thought left the game open to exploits and strategies that don't resemble the street fighter that i know and love. so while i am happy to see something new come, i am also interested to see what comes of the game when we are not so focused on it.
    "i hit every combo/glitch there ever was the first time i try it, and usually the first time i try doing it after i wake up....but then i don't get it again all day at least.

...its like i have real life super meters... " -skisonic
  • VaderFettVaderFett Another DLC is coming your way! #PayUp Joined: Posts: 44
    The game will still be around and lots of people will still play it. Just look at ST and 3S as examples for it being done before. No spotlight for sure, but still having a presence and a following.
    PSN: Vader-Fett XBL: Vader Fett 1 FightCade: VaderFett

"You know? I love cheap characters!"-Infiltration on why he plays Nash
    "Oh, this is the worst question to ask! Of course, I body him!"-Tokido on facing Wong
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    I wonder how many resources are filled by 4 staying online.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • douglavrasdouglavras Blue_Note Joined: Posts: 54
    Opinions are so polarized. The last games I played hard were Sf2, ssf2 and Snk's samurai shodown (all 5) and last blade. I came back 15 years later to play USF4 and the game seems very good to me.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the problem with USF4?

I've heard people complaining about focus, fadc, 1 frame, os and too many chars (!?). Is that it?
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    douglavras wrote: »
    Opinions are so polarized. The last games I played hard were Sf2, ssf2 and Snk's samurai shodown (all 5) and last blade. I came back 15 years later to play USF4 and the game seems very good to me.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the problem with USF4?

I've heard people complaining about focus, fadc, 1 frame, os and too many chars (!?). Is that it?

I've never really had a problem with the game. Every strategy seems to have a counter (though OS and fa cancelling invincible reversals are strong, but not game breaking). It was way worse when unblockabkes were everywhere. Most matchups can be compared to other matchups in terms of how moves are supposed to be punished and what you're supposed to do on wake-up with some exceptions of course, so having too many characters isn't an issue for me.

The only thing I would change would be to reduce the input window slightly, and add some sort of alpha counter move. Then finish out the roster with the rest of the alpha and 3S characters, and maybe add the SF1 characters. Then let the game stew for another 5 years.
  • ProjectjusticeProjectjustice Psycho Denji Joined: Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Good bye to your shitty ass mechanics, scrub helping bullshit that is SF4. Im never ever going back.
    Fightcade, Steam and XBL tag: Projectjustice
    PSN: Projectjustice77
13»