Star Trek

Comments

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    DS9 turned into Star Wars
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,471
    Yea I watched the Voyager 2 part finale after reading Furious post, Old Snake Janeway gave zero fucks, her way of defeating the Borg Queen with Banzai was immense.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • ZensoukenZensouken Ouroboros = Chips Ahoy! Joined: Posts: 1,313
    I'd love to have a series with Old Janeway but it would never last since she's A-OK with dat kamikaze life.
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
    PSN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    CFN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    3DS FC: "1564-4856-0905"
  • NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,473
    just finished Voyager the other night and it just felt rushed. I wanted to see everyone returning to their loved ones etc. The time travel plot was aight but maaaan, I wasn't satisfied with it. The only character that had closure was Nelix. DS9 finale was more thought out.
    I felt bad for my homey Harry Kim; nigga always get schooled when it comes to women. Even the hologram Doc got some action; nigga fathered a couple kids in that one eps where 1 minute in Voyager equals to a 2 years or something in the alien planet.
    =============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

Harry was a bitch, also hated the way him and Paris aged like an extra 50 years compared to everybody else.

• tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    okay, got to watch start trek beyond the other day [finally!] and it was

MEH

"into darkness" was more hype af but the feels on "beyond" were really tremendous, especially with the scene about spock prime and of course chekov with his indomitable positivity.

main villain was weaker than khan and nero imho and pacing dragged around the second act.
    fourth installment was confirmed, this time with more thor lololol
    http://screenrant.com/star-trek-4-synopsis-casting-writers/
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,503 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    voyagers became weak when it went

*bring on sexy new borg

*sees ratings jump

*all season finales from now will be about the borg.....ALL BORG FOREVERRRR
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,242
    Voyagers problem was that with the exception of the odd two parter, the ship was in pristine condition at the start of every episode and nobody seemed to car when their very limited number of crewmates died.

They should have steadily got more desperate as time went on.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,242
    The last episode even hinted that Janeway eventually did get desperate enough to completely defy the temporal prime directive and fuck with the timeline to ensure they got home years earlier and with less deaths than she did.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
    Janeway ended up being the most badass captain. Even when Enterprise tried to show a more raw Starfleet, Janeway would murk Archer, she really DNGAF.

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,386
    Only good thing about Janeway is that Trek gets it's first female Captain and can get over that hump.

Now that we had males, females, a black guy (Skisko) an Asian (Sulu in the movies), Aliens and Half-Aliens, and mother-fucking Scott Bakula, as all Captains.
    We can focus now more on acting ability and being bad ass. I notice all the good actors (and Shatner) that play as Captains all had classical training.

All we need for a good captian of the next Trek show is they have experience doing shakespeare and cal pull off looking and acting like a military officer.
    I don't care what gender, races or species they happen to be, the only exception if they can get Michael Dorn to reprise the role as Worf.
    Worf as a Captain of his own ship would be bad ass.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Jimbo13Jimbo13 Trans-Randy Savage My pronouns are Oh and Yea Joined: Posts: 1,662
    I want a Trek anthology series, Twilight zone style new crew/ship every week plus it opens it up for one offs of past characters and actors. Better format for Sci-fi, you can kill off the characters and really explore. No more "they are 52 minutes in, time to save the day". Not every episode even needs to be Starfleet/Federation.

Plus, you find a good crew/captain there's another series.
    The biggest FU in the history of humanity.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,638

Jaylah: "Do I have to wear the uniform?"

Carol Marcus: "You better or they won't ask you back!"

LMAO
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    Jimbo13 wrote: »
    I want a Trek anthology series, Twilight zone style new crew/ship every week plus it opens it up for one offs of past characters and actors. Better format for Sci-fi, you can kill off the characters and really explore. No more "they are 52 minutes in, time to save the day". Not every episode even needs to be Starfleet/Federation.

Plus, you find a good crew/captain there's another series.

This is a good idea, actually. I like it.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 973
    edited October 2016
    This whole Anthology could actually really work for Star Trek. Good idea.

But as I was reading that post, I got an even better idea.

Make it an anthology, yes. Make it about a different federation vessel for every episode. But make episodes 2 parters. These episodes could range from the crew saving the day, to the whole crew dying, with everything between. But here's the kicker. Make all these episodes connect somehow in the season finale. Something like a 4 episode season finale, where you realize that shit in one episode, was affecting another episode and so on. "oh fuck, the space station they investigated in episode 9 was full of corpses because of the crew that went in and died in episode 2" Shit like that.

They could pull some mind blowing stuff with the universe Star Trek has to offer.

"oh shit the Klingons are pissed in episode 14 because of what the other crew did to them in episode 11, and now they don't trust the Federation no more". This shit practically writes itself.
    Post edited by FlameAngelZ on
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • Jimbo13Jimbo13 Trans-Randy Savage My pronouns are Oh and Yea Joined: Posts: 1,662
    Thanks, I actually got to talk to Michael Gummelt about it who at the time was prepping a unsuccessful pitch to paramount. He liked it too but unfortunately he veto'ed bringing it up because he didn't want to go in there with more than one concept and he had his own baby. I think it's the only place for Trek to go and keep the audience happy.

The arcs could run any length of episodes that fit the story, my idea was you can't Boldly go when they have to make it out every episode.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Seven of Nine really was hot though, I didn't mind the fanservice at all. That whole Kes/Neelix show was doomed from the start.

TNG had more intense borg battles though.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

The last episode even hinted that Janeway eventually did get desperate enough to completely defy the temporal prime directive and fuck with the timeline to ensure they got home years earlier and with less deaths than she did.

In one of the books authorized by CBS and is canon. Janeway becomes a Borg much like Picard, but she embraces the power and becomes somewhat evil.
    in the end it's basically revealed that the Q are essentially God or gods/goddesses of other religions/mythology, the Devine. All knowing, all seeing, all powerful! They existed before the Big Bang and so forth...
    Is that actually a book or just an art piece?
    lmfao the comics predicting patrick stewart as xavier isnt saying much. since literally no one else has ever been allowed in that fan pick since it was an idea. wizard magazine had him as xavier back in like 95.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    maxx wrote: »
    lmfao the comics predicting patrick stewart as xavier isnt saying much. since literally no one else has ever been allowed in that fan pick since it was an idea. wizard magazine had him as xavier back in like 95.

In the crossover, minus the Wheel Chair no one could tell the difference between Picard and Xavier. Both the Enterprise Crew and the X-Men admits this. They make a huge effort in the novel to point this out.
    Sisko is definitely the most badass.

Evens his logs were:

"At oh-eight-hundred hours, station time... the Romulan Empire formally declared war against the Dominion. They've already struck fifteen bases along the Cardassian border. So, this is a huge victory for the good guys! This may even be the turning point of the entire war! There's even a "Welcome to the Fight" party tonight in the wardroom!... So... I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover up the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But most damning of all... I think I can live with it... And if I had to do it all over again... I would. Garak was right about one thing – a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. So I will learn to live with it...Because I can live with it...I can live with it. Computer – erase that entire personal log."

Hahaha I actually remember that episode.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    "I just had a bottle of Kanar with Damar!!!"

ROFLMFAO!!!

Classic
    Jimbo13 wrote: »
    Sisko was so bad ass Worf left the Enterprise.

nu7cmMt.jpg?1

But Avery Brooks is the Go-bot version of Samuel L Jackson.
    And Q never came back.
    Avery brooks isn't anything like Samuel.. Da fuck? You woulda been better off saying Denzel but even thats a stretch.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,638
    Anyone seen this yet?

I have now, and I am trying really hard to unsee it.
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 973
    Jesus Christ, thats the worst video I've ever seen...

I watched it 6 times...
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Amazon is taking TNG off of Prime at the end of the year.