Star Trek

124»

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    I don't understand why Trek can't translate to film well... Maybe they need to have a more Star Wars like approach, and stop trying to tell self-contained stories in a single film?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,952
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I don't understand why Trek can't translate to film well... Maybe they need to have a more Star Wars like approach, and stop trying to tell self-contained stories in a single film?

Part of the problem is that they are trying to appeal to the wrong crowd.

Old School Trek Movies 2, 3 and 4 have a over arching story plot that covers those 3 films.
    But each movie can be a standalone as well.

Problem with the Reboot Films is they appeal more to the Dude-Bro action movie crowd than the actual Trekies.

Hence why Discovery is going for a series long plot
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,443
    po pimpus wrote: »

1st Contact was good
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,197
    Generations was a good spectacle. First Contact was good.

Insurrection as a standalone film is not great, but if you'd been watching DS9 and knew about the Dominion war, it showed just how desperate the Federation were getting, and that they were willing to break their own laws regarding the Prime Directive and eugenics.

Nemesis was a franchise killer.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
    Yup, that's why the reboot. But, after Nemesis they could have salvaged it because they went head to head with the Star Wars prequels

All they had to do was make a trilogy that takes place after Voyager where the main plot is Gamma's Dominion VS Delta's Borg in an all out galactic war!
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Yup, that's why the reboot. But, after Nemesis they could have salvaged it because they went head to head with the Star Wars prequels

All they had to do was make a trilogy that takes place after Voyager where the main plot is Gamma's Dominion VS Delta's Borg in an all out galactic war!

Except the Dominion got beaten back by the largest fleet the Federation ever mustered, tricking the Romulans to have a personal stake in the war and side with the Federation and the Klingons.
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    edited January 24
    Just read an interview about Alexander Siddig. He said that Star Trek from 2009 (Abrams) killed any chance of there being a DS9 movie. No, that's not what killed it. Nemesis killed it.

@Darksakul, I meant Borg VS Dominion. Plot would be that the Borg try to take the Gamma Quadrant, with the Alpha and Beta caught in the crossfire
    Just read an interview about Alexander Siddig. He said that Star Trek from 2009 (Abrams) killed any chance of there being a DS9 movie. No, that's not what killed it. Nemesis killed it.

@Darksakul, I meant Borg VS Dominion. Plot would be that the Borg try to take the Gamma Quadrant, with the Alpha and Beta caught in the crossfire

The Reboot is a separate timeline not connected to Nemesis.
    Also the canon of Star Trek is more convoluted than the Star Wars "Expanded Universe" was before Disney made the whole of the EU non-canon.
    Wonder if the new series is based on the new timeline or TNG/DS9 timeline
    Wonder if the new series is based on the new timeline or TNG/DS9 timeline

Original Time line, not the reboot.
    It's takes place a decade before TOS.

The Female Number one from the TOS pilot the Cage is one of the main characters

majel-barret.jpg
    Here is the character portrayed by Majel Barrett Roddenberry

Obviously the part has been recast, and the character supposed to get a proper name in the new series.
    Would be cool if...

borg_invasion_of_the_dominion_by_jafar13-d321ew4.jpg
    You guys are forgetting when Q said that Picard never hit him back when Sisko punched Q. Didn't Picard kill Sisko's wife or some shit? No love loss there...
    You guys are forgetting when Q said that Picard never hit him back when Sisko punched Q. Didn't Picard kill Sisko's wife or some shit? No love loss there...

Picard didn't killed Sisko's Wife, the Borg did. Picard was abducted by the org, assimilate him then use Picard's knowledge to wreck 90% of the fleet.
    Sisko blame Picard for her death despite Picard didn't willingly gave up anything. The cybernetic implants forced Picard to do the Borgs bidding
    Oh ok. You guys remember this line:

I just had a bottle of kanar with Damar...
124»