Does USF4 Require Too Little Skill?

2»

Comments

• Max_The_ScrublordMax_The_Scrublord Joined: Posts: 204
    edited December 2015
    Naeras wrote: »
    I know about Fightcade, but my PC is absolute garbage, it can barely access Google Chrome. Is there any way I can play it on a console?
    If you can run a web browser on your computer, you can probably run fightcade.

Otherwise, HDR is available on consoles, but I'm unsure if there's still a playerbase there.

Well I do have access to a laptop that's no gaming PC, but it's still a pretty competent machine. So does Fightcade require a ton of computing power, or would a simple non gaming PC still work?

• CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,379
    My toaster can run fightcade.
    Street Fighter: Cammy,Rose,Decapre,Juni
    King of Fighters: Leona,Athena,Whip (Rugal as DLC!!!)
    I suck at Guilty Gear! : with Jam and Ramlethal (and obviously everone else too)
    Tekken: Jun,Yshimitsu
    Overwatch: Reinhardt, D.Va, Zarya, Winston, Soldier 76, Reaper, Zenyatta

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Joined: Posts: 8,240
    I know about Fightcade, but my PC is absolute garbage, it can barely access Google Chrome. Is there any way I can play it on a console?

Otherwise, HDR is available on consoles, but I'm unsure if there's still a playerbase there.

Well I do have access to a laptop that's no gaming PC, but it's still a pretty competent machine. So does Fightcade require a ton of computing power, or would a simple non gaming PC still work?

I used to run fightcade on a macbook that was about 8 years old with no issues. You should be fine.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "I postulated his possibilities and figured him out with the greatest of ease"- Smuggles
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk

I used to run fightcade on a macbook that was about 8 years old with no issues. You should be fine.

Thanks! I'm guessing the reason it's so easy to run a lot of older games is because they're simple compared to modern computing standards? I'm no tech expert but I think that's plausible.

Thanks! I'm guessing the reason it's so easy to run a lot of older games is because they're simple compared to modern computing standards? I'm no tech expert but I think that's plausible.

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 2,839

Let's just put it this way: you can run Doom (a game from 1993, ST is from 1994) on a graphical calculator. =V
    The program and netcode by itself does use some computing power, but honestly it's not much by modern standards. You should be able to run everything just fine. =)
  • Digital-Digital- TRVP LORD Joined: Posts: 2,216
    You could also reformat the said Laptop and make sure no bloatware is on it. Install your web browser, needed drivers and fightcade and thats it. Clean system should help you run it smoother.
    I got a job with the mob making G's, doing some pick-ups, deliveries and transporting keys.
  • HotsggHotsgg Joined: Posts: 64
    sfv will be more similar to 3strike or sfiv?
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,379
    Hotsgg wrote: »

More like a mix of 3S and ST.

Reminds me of something, I had once a discussing people asked if SFIV takes to little skill.
    In the end the answer was like this:

[insert game name here] is way to easy and requires to little skill!
    Street Fighter: Cammy,Rose,Decapre,Juni
    King of Fighters: Leona,Athena,Whip (Rugal as DLC!!!)
    I suck at Guilty Gear! : with Jam and Ramlethal (and obviously everone else too)
    Tekken: Jun,Yshimitsu
    Overwatch: Reinhardt, D.Va, Zarya, Winston, Soldier 76, Reaper, Zenyatta

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    a 1.3ghz windows tablet can run ps1 games, all that arcade stuff [no 3d games at all unless ps1 tier]
    And this is possible on not only a 1.3ghz, an ATOM cpu lol.

a 3ghz with a videocard with 512mb of memory can do most things.

A desktop capable of 1080p if not custom built is basically cyberpower territory.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • Dan_The_ManDan_The_Man FGC Hipster Joined: Posts: 65
    Hotsgg wrote: »

Essentially a mix of both. Much more focus on the ground game and footsies. The flashy combos are definitely toned down in 5 compared to 4 though.
    #KeepDreaming
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,253
    How does the potential skill even matter when nobody is ever going to reach it?
    You'll never find a human being able to perform SFIV's combo 100% in any situation and since there's also human interaction, there's always something new to learn just by playing new people.

Actually fuck this whole discussion. Title should be "Do I dislike SFIV?" and the answer is obviously yes.

I argued for years that League of Legends is a shit game because it's easier than Dota 2 until I realized that I just hated on League players because I wanted them to play "my" game and wanted LoL to die because it was more popular and I wanted my game to be the most relevant.
    Hate doesn't achieve anything productive ever though, so instead of getting new players for your game, you just get people to be defensive about their game and afraid of yours.
    You`re better off just educating people that are genuinely interested in your game and helping them, as well as just tolerating other people's interests, instead of trying to piss people off that don't give a shit about your game.

Spread the love, bitches!
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    How does the potential skill even matter when nobody is ever going to reach it?
    You'll never find a human being able to perform SFIV's combo 100% in any situation and since there's also human interaction, there's always something new to learn just by playing new people.

Actually fuck this whole discussion. Title should be "Do I dislike SFIV?" and the answer is obviously yes.

I argued for years that League of Legends is a shit game because it's easier than Dota 2 until I realized that I just hated on League players because I wanted them to play "my" game and wanted LoL to die because it was more popular and I wanted my game to be the most relevant.
    Hate doesn't achieve anything productive ever though, so instead of getting new players for your game, you just get people to be defensive about their game and afraid of yours.
    You`re better off just educating people that are genuinely interested in your game and helping them, as well as just tolerating other people's interests, instead of trying to piss people off that don't give a shit about your game.

Spread the love, bitches!

I'm far too spineless to refute anything you just said. Not to say you're wrong, but I'm too cowardly to further piss people off.

• Digital-Digital- TRVP LORD Joined: Posts: 2,216
    people are too defensive about things. I've never really understood it
    I got a job with the mob making G's, doing some pick-ups, deliveries and transporting keys.
    Digital- wrote: »
    people are too defensive about things.

I'd say something about how people are way too defensive but I'd probably further anger everyone.

2»
This discussion has been closed.