The Spider's Lair - Juri

Pokemon123Pokemon123 Joined: Posts: 237
edited December 2015 in Juri
Welp since d3v said it was okay to make threads regarding DLC characters i am making this one for juri.

In SF 4 juri is amazingly fun to use IMO. Interested to see how she will change in SF 5, haven't gotten to play it myself yet but definitely plan to get it once urien and juri are out. What are your thoughts so far?

EDIT: thanks to Johnson Carl 96 for title
aspiring 3s player.

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,168 mod
    Flamingo stance V Skill. Make it happen.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• johnson.carl96johnson.carl96 King of San Andreas Joined: Posts: 220
    The Spider's Lair - Juri?
  • MarLonLonMilkMarLonLonMilk Kid Canada. Joined: Posts: 2,340
    The Spider's Lair - Juri?

Seems fine. Anything is fine compared to "Juri" or "Juri Thread" like that oddly named "Ken Thread."
    PSN & CFN: marlonlonmilk_
    NNID: MarLonLonMilk

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaKeJSqQXVDwZCmU7av5CA
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,956
    Feng shue v trigger?
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,898
    Weak thread titles make me weak bruh.... Don't make me weak
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Pokemon123Pokemon123 Joined: Posts: 237
    d3v or johnson's title which one do you guys want lol, (i'll change it to johnson's title thanks.)
    aspiring 3s player.
  • TINYANGRYCRABTINYANGRYCRAB Joined: Posts: 410
    The thing I am praying is that her kasatushi is insanely cool. It was always a bit disappointing in sf4 imo, but if it ends up as cool as the general teleport mechanics the other characters have it should be dope!

I also really want to see her new animations. And of course her romance with Lau- *EDITED TO PREVENT FANFIC ESCAPING CONTAINMENT*
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,285
    Figure she'll have her fireballs but I am curious how + on block fireballs would work in this game. If fireball store is punishable or release is negative she isn't going to play anything like what I would want.

Same with Guile, like that level of goodness just is hard to imagine in limited fighter V.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,275
    New title? "Knock you up, knock you down." - Juri Thread or "Play time is killing time." - Juri Thread

Also

V-Trigger= FSE I would be surprised if it's not.
    I see Juri playing pretty different. Dive kicks will obviously be toned, fireballs won't be quite as spammy, probably focus more on a close range game with different options than she had before. Might get something weird and new in the neutral to compensate.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

d3v wrote: »
    "Make my monster grow" - Juri Thread.

Funny yes, makes sense? Not really.
    I see Juri playing pretty different. Dive kicks will obviously be toned, fireballs won't be quite as spammy, probably focus more on a close range game with different options than she had before. Might get something weird and new in the neutral to compensate.

*hopes for a command throw*

Shukisen should be easily reworked (if it even needs it honestly.) fireballs.....what could they do? They can't make them standard fireballs, but they also can't go too zany either. I am eager to see though. I do hope for one thing though. Her CA is either the kaisen dankaikraku but done a little differently OR a whole new Ca.
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,991
    I think she'll probably have stuff like VF sarah with the flamingo stance.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

I'm really excited to see how juri turns out!
    "Make my monster grow" - Juri Thread.

Funny yes, makes sense? Not really.

Also, pretty sure she makes certain fan's "monsters" grow.

Well rita is awesome. But it more tributes to her hair then anything. Take the dhalsim title thread. When you think dhalsim you think fire, yoga, and stretchy no?
    Hope they have her hair go down when she activates V-trigger or when she takes damage like Ky in GG.
    Hope they have her hair go down when she activates V-trigger or when she takes damage like Ky in GG.

I've always preferred her hair down look, so I agree.
    I can see that side of it definitely
  • ~Mirage~~Mirage~ `Isn't the LEAST bit Machiavellian. Honest. Joined: Posts: 182
    GenUser! wrote: »
    I'm really excited to see how juri turns out!

With any luck, she'll have some sort of snazzy athletic shoes on this time around, since femininity and daintiness is lost on Dimps's modeling abilities/Capcom's prevailing design choices (barring Decapre's barefoot alt, curiously enough). Too bad Laura wasn't so fortunate.

It makes me wish Karin's hand wasn't in view at the character select screen, since it looks like it belongs on a lumberjack. And Nash's are on a whole 'nother level. Gief should be thankful he was even given fingernails.
    New title? "Knock you up, knock you down." - Juri Thread

I'm not a fan of futa but if Juri had a dong, that title would be wordplay gold. That really shoulda been the title for Poison's thread in one of the other forums.
    Fortune Favors the Bold.
    ~Mirage~ wrote: »
    It makes me wish Karin's hand wasn't in view at the character select screen, since it looks like it belongs on a lumberjack. And Nash's are on a whole 'nother level. Gief should be thankful he was even given fingernails.

They really need to adjust the roughness on these. Gief's nails are the same glossiness as his skin it is weird.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,729
    I think Juri can roughly keep her SF4 fireballs if they don't go full screen. The big thing with implementing her is fitting her mix ups and mobility into SFV. Her counter already has the utility of Nash's VT, so it may need to be toned down. There's a few key aspects to her design that must remain:
    -Kicking projectiles to destroy them (may become its own move, separate from the fireball)
    -Negative edge projectile (Could use the Omega style where she has alternate releases)
    -Dive kick

Actually, I could see either the first hit of her fireball or a Focus Attack being her V-Skill.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,421 mod
    Simplest way to keep her counter from overshadowing Nash' V-Trigger is to simply keep it from going through her opponent.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    Simplest way to keep her counter from overshadowing Nash' V-Trigger is to simply keep it from going through her opponent.

Yuck that is the only reason to use it lol. It can't be used aggressively, requires your opponent to attack and not throw, and cannot me used as a reversal all ways Nash's out classes it.
    Juri's counter is amazing...well in SFxT it is. In 4.............no. Nash's requires a full VT to use. Juri's can use it anytime she wants, the downside is it's vulnerable to throws. Which is fine no big deal. We can work with that. But having the ability to dodge basically anything in the game and reposition yourself. Then all you have to do is do some frame counting and you're basically solid.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,416
    edited December 2015
    I always thought the weak point in kasatushi was her recovery. If recovery time was less or it could be cancelled I always dreamed we could do this

tumblr_mg2fb7sIXl1r31iq3o1_500.gif

tumblr_n61yqrxFfp1r3maj7o1_500.gif

:sad:
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    Well recovery is recovery. You can take advantage of that n any high recovery moves. Thing is kasatushi's recovery frames aren't SUPER long. Roughly 17 frames max. Which at close range is fairly easy to punish. But anything outside that and it becomes very difficult. It also has a weakness of being baited (as in it activates but then countered by whatever but if you pay attention you can counter their bait).
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,834
    Like I said in the Juri section, based on how this game flows and plays right now, I want Juri to be based on her SFxTK rendition, not the one from 4.

I also feel like her varied Fuhajin follow ups from her Omega form will make a hopefully refined appearance in this game.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    Like I said in the Juri section, based on how this game flows and plays right now, I want Juri to be based on her SFxTK rendition, not the one from 4.

I also feel like her varied Fuhajin follow ups from her Omega form will make a hopefully refined appearance in this game.

Ping! Right there see!?!?! PING PING PING!!!!
    What was the main differences between her XTekken in IV version?

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,372
    What was the main differences between her XTekken in IV version?

jump cancelling for cr.HP

j.HP doesn't hard knockdown
    j.HP causes ground bounce

MK Senpusha lets you juggle opponents

Crazy potential for combo, juggle, and cancelling into Super

More detailed in this video:

SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited December 2015
    Main differences

-Cr.Hp being able to get some crazy combos
    -scary dmg in the corner (was able to do 510 meterless in the corner before the nerfs)
    -counter being 1000000000000000000x better then in 4
    -safer dive kicks and air tight pressure off tag cancel dive kicks
    - Senpsuha combos for solo or partner combos
    - top 5 characters to be able to synergise with the whole cast (you can pair her with anyone and get good results)
    - one of the best AA's in the game and most dmging
    - good dash
    - cr.mk is one of the better low profile moves in the game. Able to sail under many moves.
    - mix-up game was good
    - fastest jump in the game, also the highest when using the super jump function
    - fireball storing and her fireballs in general are far better
    - overhead (sekku) is 10x better then it's 4 counterpart
    - CADC (charge attack dash canceling) helps keep nimble
    - super that can combo from nearly everything at almost any given point in time, also lots of I-frames on it. Travels 3/4 of the screen.

That's just the tip of the iceberg though

Cons
    -No FADC combos (obviously)
    -Low dmg midscreen with no meter (best you can get with no jump-ins or CH's is 322 with one fireball stored)
    -Poor boost combo's
    -Dive kick first hit is not safe even at toe lvl but hard to punish properly
    -Ex counter have limited uses if any use.
    -Ex dive kick has limited use but can be very dmging depending on meter and partner.
    -Doesn't have super long normals
    -walk speed is just around average
    -footsie game is just above average

Edit: J.Rh and J.fierce can cross up on crouching opponents. J.Fierce can also cross-up on standing opponents but it's not a "true" cross-up. If you know what I mean.
    That sounds exceedingly dank, but honestly does not sound like it fits well with the SF5 design goals we've seen so far.

I assume she will mostly have 2-3 stage combos ending in pinwheel outside FSE.
    That sounds exceedingly dank, but honestly does not sound like it fits well with the SF5 design goals we've seen so far.

Depends on what you're looking for.

Dmg ender
    follow-up ender
    distance ender

Depends on what you're looking for.

Dmg ender
    follow-up ender
    distance ender

I'm just placing all my hopes in the kasatushi basket. It's such a cool move conceptually (a counter-teleport) and I love that kind of defence. So long as it's good I don't mind what fucked up shit the rest of her moves are :open_mouth:
    Well if capcom gives her the kasatushi from SFxT then I've already got tactics laid out. It was a major part of my gameplan back in SFxT.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,416
    Pity I never played SFXTK, Juri's got some cool stuff there that I would have liked to play with. Also, the animation when she whiffs her launcher is sweet.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"