The Spider's Lair - Juri

Comments

• VicioushellsingVicioushellsing Joined: Posts: 469
    its a pity more people didn't play sfxtk in general. it really was a good fun game that just had a series of unfortunate marketing issues. I absolutely loved Juri in that game. Will be interesting to see how the new engine treats her.
    Catch me monday-thursday nights streaming on twitch.tv/Vicioushellsing
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,963
    its a pity more people didn't play sfxtk in general. it really was a good fun game that just had a series of unfortunate marketing issues. I absolutely loved Juri in that game. Will be interesting to see how the new engine treats her.

Agreed wholeheartedly
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,796 mod
    Marketing issues plus the early game/pre 2013 competitively was a complete mess. It played like the developers didn't finish assessing how to make the game flow correctly competitively. A few beta tests along with location tests like SFV probably would have saved the game competitively and had something closer to 2013 at launch.

Juri has some fun stuff in there, but yeah it does go against SFV "honest" philosophy and not sure how much of that would make it in if it did. Knowing Capcom they'll probably try to reinvent her to some degree.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792
    I think Chun-Li was her best partner....I may be bias...

I'm hoping her St. Mp is like her USF4/SFXTK versions. forward moving, far reaching and cancelable.
    I imagine her Cl.St.Mp would be a command normal and even possibly gain access to a TC from it.
    Not sure if she'll keep all her close normals but I can see her with 1 or 2 command normals

Very eager to see how they handle her move set
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,730
    edited December 2015
    Juri x King was my main tag team. The synergy, the dmg, the mix-ups everything. Thy worked so well together. It was beautiful. I actually have 1 or two combo's showcasing showcasing Juri's potential in xT.

• XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,896
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how Birdie annihilates her filthy ass.

Juri must die.

Can't wait to divekick and counter all of your normals.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • VicioushellsingVicioushellsing Joined: Posts: 469
    Juri Nina was my team of choice. Usually started with Nina on point the two of them had some really fun co-combos you could pull off.
    Catch me monday-thursday nights streaming on twitch.tv/Vicioushellsing
    Jin and Juri was a pretty good combo. You could get some mad juggles with those two with Jin on point. But this aint a SFxTK thread.

I really want to see what her new design is though. At least from the silhouettes of the DLC characters it looked like she was wearing some kind of armor maybe.
  • Pokemon123Pokemon123 Joined: Posts: 237
    i'm willing to play xtekken if anyone wants to on PC sometime (that's for another topic though), Interested to see how fireballs will change as well. The storing thing was super interesting in SF 4 and it made it alot more fun to use the fireball. Can't say how it will change since I haven't played SF 5 though.
    aspiring 3s player.
    Me thinks her fireball mechanic won't change (it's still the most unique fireball in SF so I don't really see a.....well....maybe they could change it.)

The only things I can see getting a rework of any kind move-wise is shikusen and senpusha.

Design wise.......nothing honestly. I mean outside of age. What could they or want to change?
  • TINYANGRYCRABTINYANGRYCRAB Joined: Posts: 410
    Me thinks her fireball mechanic won't change (it's still the most unique fireball in SF so I don't really see a.....well....maybe they could change it.)

The only things I can see getting a rework of any kind move-wise is shikusen and senpusha.

Design wise.......nothing honestly. I mean outside of age. What could they or want to change?

Look her chest just isn't up to SF5 design spec-

I think because she's a newer character people are less wedded to her look, so I could definitely see them dicking around with haircut, trouser choice etc
    Last time I checked Juri had some nice knockers going. So they can rule that out. I'd they not fiddle with her design. It's already fine.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,276

Juri must die.

Bet bananas will keep the bitch in check like it does with Cammy.

I'm sure a lot of people who like a change in her hair. I love the Rita hair personally.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

Juri must die.

Bet bananas will keep the bitch in check like it does with Cammy.

I'm sure a lot of people who like a change in her hair. I love the Rita hair personally.

Alot of people are opposed to the hairstyle. I also love it. It's unique, suits her and overall fine. I mean it's not exactly a common hairstyle you see. Just a little extra to shake things up a bit. I see nothing wrong with that. Eh, if Juri gets a hair down alt then those who want that can have it.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,641
    edited December 2015
    Juri's hair design is stupid. Hair down = best hair. Proof - Rose, Cammy, Chun-Li, Poison, Juri concept
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792
    Juri's hair is actually a very distinguishing feature much like Chun's hair buns.
    Judging by the silhouette they'll change her look up a bit. I swear it even looks like she has a headband or something.
    They'll no doubt do an original costume though as DLC if they do in fact change her look.

I was thinking more about her move set and I'm still pretty convinced Omega mode was a testing ground for theories/ideas for SFV
    So here are a few quick videos showing off her combos and moves in omega mode:

What do you all think of her Omega variant?
    I her Omega Super can be her Critical Art for all I care.
    Capcom won't allow for all the juggle potential, especially because they hit Chun and Ken pretty hard with the juggle nerfs.
    FSE will most likely be her V-Trigger, it only makes sense, however will it stay the same or will they remove the chaining normal for something different?
    All is just speculation and theory crafting but that is kinda what this thread is at the moment, lol XD

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,451
    Juri could use a bigger bust :love: I also would not mind if they changed her colors a bit, like making her white pants black as default to make her look more menacing. I really would have liked a black and red costume in SFIV. So either better colors or allow us to make our own like in KOFXIII.

So what do you think will be her story about?

th_014_zpsmshrek4h.jpgth_017_zpswjdk8mvh.jpgth_018_zpsneua5xec.jpgth_026_zpsjyxxvpwv.jpgth_028_zpsczobkibq.jpgth_029_zpskrk9rbci.jpgth_058_zpsju3gvup4.jpg

I think we can expect her to be after Bison again, but since they said story mode would be "better" this time maybe we'll see something more, something else.
    Wouldn't it be funny to see that despite being so wild she still retains her first-class upbringing in some aspects of her life? Like on meals she always places napkins on her lap, raising her little finger while holding a cup of teal lol.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    I have those comics. She was not happy with twelve being Bison.
    Both artists are good, but on the latter half, seeing her moves drawn so faithfully, her throw, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looks.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,210
    I'd really like to see those other moves she got in Omega for the store mechanic, they would add good amount of options for combos, pressure and even mixups (since one of them hits high).

If her V Trigger ends up being FSE, then I'd expect it to be 3 bars... that is if it works just like in SF4 with some tweaks and stuff imo.

I have doubts about redesigns in her outfit/hair, she was literally introduced in SSF4 after all... which I don't mind since I don't dislike her design at all, because it at least makes her quite unique and fits her character well.
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,711
    edited December 2015
    I still say her V-skill is gonna be the little charge kick she does when you used a fireball in IV.

-Decent poke that gets you some VT. Obligatory target combo into Vskill.
    -Nullifies fireballs.
    -Can store up to 3 charges so she can use follow-ups. Fireballs, her omega stuff, etc. So use V-skill, now you have a charge ready. Then do qcf+k and a fireball will come out. Won't come out without charge.

In a game so focused on buttons I don't think it'd be great if we had to keep holding her kicks to keep the charges so just by using V-skill you would store a charge then be able to do a fireball. So basically instead of the mechanic of having to store fireballs by holding your buttons you now would have to manage how many charges you have so you don't find yourself without fireballs. And this way you get to keep all your buttons.

Anyyyyybutt, just a few ideas I've been having. Whoooooo Jolyne Kujo back in the house, crazy excited she made the cut, can't wait to play her. ope I don't have to wait til the end of next year.
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
    If Capcom goes the lazy route I can see her teleport counter being her V-Skill.

But wouldnt that then limit it to only activate one way? Instead of having 3 different reactions on activation?
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,552
    Removing her hair removes the single most unique thing about that character.

She looks better without the hair because shes more attractive, but for being a unique character, she just becomes a pretty Asian girl. I hope the hair stays.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,796 mod
    If they do change her hair, I'm sure they'll have an alt with the old Power Rangers do either way.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,813
    I hope they don't take the easy way out and make her counter her v-skill or something. FSE as a v-trigger sounds nice, but I also wouldn't mind seeing what new concept they could come up with, so long as it's equally if not more interesting than FSE.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."

But wouldnt that then limit it to only activate one way? Instead of having 3 different reactions on activation?

No as some characters have V-Skill and V-trigger that change position with the corresponding directional button.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,287

No as some characters have V-Skill and V-trigger that change position with the corresponding directional button.

Heck her EX one works like that already in SFIV.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    Everyone talking about V-Trigger and V-Skill, but what super would she have? Maybe a slightly different Ultra 2 with a better hitbox and startup or her super in SF4/OSF4?
    As long as it hits both sides and covers some ground like in SFXTK I am fine with it.
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    Everyone talking about V-Trigger and V-Skill, but what super would she have? Maybe a slightly different Ultra 2 with a better hitbox and startup or her super in SF4/OSF4?

It would probably just be her super from xTK with the improved hitboxes. But I think they might consider giving her a visually refined Omega super just to keep from her having the same thing for 3 straight games. She's a newer character and they probably have some ideas floating around that never got used that they want to try out.
    A new CA visually would be nice. Something cool, but brutal. To fit her nature.
    I always thought her Cross Art opener in SFxTK was cool. Maximum Spidey Juri style. But that kinda thing is already getting a bit old. Wesker had it. Spider man had it. Cammy pretty much has it now. Decapre has it. Too much teleporting multi directional attack supers.
    I'll take things like in the ova Juri throws one of the dolls then finishes it with a nice gut stomp the add in something extra to that. The epic elbow she gives to cammy (love that one). Or the foot launcher she does to chun and guile. All these you can add something extra to them. Or just something new.

edited December 2015
    Maybe an updated version of her super fuharenjin that goes full screen or something. That move is beautiful in motion.

Yeah but there's no cool animation or good camera angles. I would love something that's just looks good. It would make an excellent round finisher.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited December 2015

Juri must die.

Pff. I can spot you going for that shit a mile away. I'll wrap my heavy chain around your damn neck and attach the other end to a semi truck to keelhaul your ass from here to Vegas.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

edited December 2015
    I'll take things like in the ova Juri throws one of the dolls then finishes it with a nice gut stomp the add in something extra to that. The epic elbow she gives to cammy (love that one). Or the foot launcher she does to chun and guile. All these you can add something extra to them. Or just something new.

She had some cool stuff in that OVA that are not used in SF4, I've always thought that invisible "force" field she does to dissipate those bullets was one of them...

Actually, if FSE is her V-Trigger they can put that in there while almost all her moves would have the pink fire effects (kinda like Ken's V-Trigger), not sure if it would be too much because in this case, I'm thinking of an invisible shield in which no projectiles would hit her during her FSE (kinda similar to Nash's V-Skill, but in this case it'd work at any time during her V-Trigger).
    Gotta work into balance as well. It's not fire "fire". Just a more visible ki aura with her colour surrounding her while her eye glows. It's good, it's her staple thing and it's not over the top goofy either. As for function......I could throw ideas at that all day. And I betcha none of it will be implmented. I'm just excited she's on her way once again. The waiting part is all that's left.