Alex General Discussion: "At ease, loo-suh!" The Alex SFV Thread

GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,831
edited May 2016 in Alex
Ok guys, we know alex is coming, he was always considered mid to low tier in the sf3 series, what would you like to see from him in V?

I will update this thread when my future main is revealed in his full glory!

Edit:

First concept art of alex released!

sfv-alex-bengus-stream-750.png?zoom=4&resize=340%2C159

Edit:

Alex FINALLY revealed!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/10/new-character-alex-and-sfv-update-details

Post edited by jchensor on
CFN: Dmen05
PSN: davmen05

Comments

• GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,831
    edited December 2015
    I was watching vids of kuroda playing alex and he seemed to barely go for command grabs, were they considered weak in 3s? He would use his forward fierce grab a ton maybe that could be his v skill?
  • -=KOH=--=KOH=- In Japan Joined: Posts: 1,570
    GenUser! wrote: »
    I was watching vids of kuroda playing alex and he seemed to barely go for command grabs, were they considered weak in 3s? He would use his forward fierce grab a ton maybe that could be his v skill?

Kuroda doesn't play orthodox with most of his characters. Watch his necro play, he doesn't utilize much of anything necro is good at.
    All the way in the back of the food stamp line.
  • johnson.carl96johnson.carl96 King of San Andreas Joined: Posts: 220
    I'm very interested to see how Alex turns out. Except for the Flash Chop, his moves already overlap with the rest of the cast.

HCB command grab - Half the cast has one.

Air Stampede (Stomp) - Bison.

Slash Elbow - Necalli's Disc Guidance.

Spiral DDT - Birdie's Bull Revenger.

Air Knee Smash should be somewhat more useful.

I'd also like to see what happens to the B+HP blockable command grab and the turn around state after MP/HP Flash Chop.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,118 mod
    GenUser! wrote: »
    Alex is more about trying to get your opponent into the corner and tends to go more for poke into EX flash. Which is why SA2 was picked because it game him more EX.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• shinkutanshinkutan Joined: Posts: 71
    thread title sucks
    shinkutan wrote: »
    thread title sucks

Any suggestions?
  • Max_The_ScrublordMax_The_Scrublord Joined: Posts: 204
    I'm a pretty big Alex fan, so I'd like to see a lot of effort put into making him just as cool as the original. Obviously you can't replicate the exact style of Third Strike, I'm just asking they make him look good on a 3D plane in his own way. As for gameplay, I'd like to see a lot of familiar normals, but maybe give him a few new ones that still feel like they belong to Alex. As for a Critical Art, I'd be fine with any of his old Super Arts, but I was thinking a lower damage Stun Gun Headbutt could be his V-Reversal. As for V-Trigger, he should have higher speed grabs, and be able to manipulate them, for example, his main command grab can throw you behind him without having his opponent turned around like in 3S, or his anti air can bring you down while you're directly above him. For V-Skill, he should have a new move where he runs right past projectiles, similar to Dudley's ducking move, sort of like a more efficient Green Hand. Other than that, I'm excited to see how he turns out, I think SFV already looks great so I'm really glad he made the cut.

edited December 2015
    I'd like to see capcom make his face first dive kick useful lol
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,140
    Obligatory inclusion: nosebleed after hyper bombing a girl.

Jokes aside, here are some suggestions:
    • Spiral DDT was way too slow, its startup should be lowered to about 14F. MK and HK Spiral DDT should cover enough ground to be performed outside cr MK range and cross over crouching opponents. LK Spiral DDT could be reduced to a crouching range and become a crouching characters only grab.
    • If stomp is still charge, should be either overhead or safe on block on all variants.
    • Fuck any kind of 0+X CA grabs. To avoid overlapping with Gief, his Hyper bomb should have lower range but 1+0 frame data.
    • Like other AA specials that only work on airborne opponents, Knee Air Smash should not be a strictly worse DP. Making it invincible on all but his first 3 ascending frames to ensure 100 % consistency against jumping characters.
    javert wrote: »

• Spiral DDT was way too slow, its startup should be lowered to about 14F. MK and HK Spiral DDT should cover enough ground to be performed outside cr MK range and cross over crouching opponents. LK Spiral DDT could be reduced to a crouching range and become a crouching characters only grab.
    • If stomp is still charge, should be either overhead or safe on block on all variants.
    • Fuck any kind of 0+X CA grabs. To avoid overlapping with Gief, his Hyper bomb should have lower range but 1+0 frame data.
    • Like other AA specials that only work on airborne opponents, Knee Air Smash should not be a strictly worse DP. Making it invincible on all but his first 3 ascending frames to ensure 100 % consistency against jumping characters.

Love the way you think! !!
  • EvansgambitEvansgambit ATOMIC ZANGI Joined: Posts: 728
    You Can't Escape!

HYPER FUCKEN BOMB!!!
    ATOMIC ZANGI: Body slamming those busters
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 1,991
    d3v wrote: »
    Michael Jackson voice needs to return.

Maybe they can have one VA with the MJ voice and the other VA using the 3S voice ke2jRtK.png
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Victor's propaganda manager Joined: Posts: 6,838
    CA will be Boomerang Raid. Hyper Bomb will be his EX throw and Stun Gun will be 1 of 3 things:
    -EX Spiral DDT
    -V-Trigger
    -New move/V-Skill

V-Skill and V-Trigger should revolve around stun output. Alex should be able to stun you really fast once he gets going, and gets a lot of his damage there.
    Anakaris is still THA GOD, but sometimes gods gotta pay bills.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 382
    edited December 2015
    Watch the initial animation of Alex's V-Trigger be where he rips off his shirt or something lol.

Also having Crouching MK be cancel able would be nice :\
    Rip sig.
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2015
    I'm starting to think offline and online have separate tier lists.
    2 bar is different than red bar or 4 bar etc.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • shinkutanshinkutan Joined: Posts: 71
    It'd be hilarious if Alex's v trigger turned his body to look like gill for a split second
  • UglylittlebirdyUglylittlebirdy idiot. Joined: Posts: 440
    d3v wrote: »
    Michael Jackson voice needs to return.
    I'd take that over the TVC voice any day :neutral:
    SFV: M. Bison/Alex/Necalli
    SF4: Akuma/M. Bison/Fei Long
    3S: Oro/Akuma/Alex
  • ParryAllParryAll Dangerous Posts Joined: Posts: 3,163
    Flash Chop can be an amazing tool if done correctly. Less startup, less recovery, bigger hitbox.

Alex was mid in 3S but everyone in 3S is strong. The difference between low mid high and top all depends on how much abusable bullshit your character has, but to call him weak would be an insane understatement. Hes fast, powerful and ridiculous stun. I can defeat opponents in under 5 seconds, not even Makoto has that kind of power in the game (unless with full SA2).
    "Third Strike just has that flow which somehow alienates you from your surroundings and really plugs your brain into the match your playing and your able to comprehend so many different situations and mind games and mixups in such a limited amount of time and all this without even thinking" - Nubilous

"[3rd Strike] makes you feel like the character is an extension of yourself when you get good enough." - AzureWolf

"Street Fighter is now like The Simpsons. It's been bad longer than it's been good." -ParryAll
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    javert wrote: »

[*]If stomp is still charge, should be either overhead or safe on block on all variants.
    [/*]

No grappler has a free get in move. They have to earn it. I expect it to be -1 on block. Maybe the ex on can be safer or give an advantage.
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
  • TINYANGRYCRABTINYANGRYCRAB Joined: Posts: 410
    2 things:

Shirt obliteration v trigger
    Beard Alex skin
    May the gods allow me to cross up stomp fools into a ragequit. Please capcom.

His parry bait b+hp will be worthless if they don't make it so he can combo into it or something off of things other than hp chop or stun.

Neither stomp or lk.elbow slash really allow him to get in "for free", since there is push back. It's also not like he can throw you if you block either one. But they do put him in a somewhat advantageous position, specifically elbow slash. In 3s they were both pretty much only punished by reversal super on block, -3 and -2 respectively. I think you can throw stomp or something on block.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    -=KOH=- wrote: »
    His parry bait b+hp will be worthless if they don't make it so he can combo into it or something off of things other than hp chop or stun.

What if they make it one of his Crush Counters(the other being the BOOT)? If it Crush Counters then it does even more stun.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    V Trigger: Brooklyn Rage, Alex becomes more powerful and feels that everything is a slur against him. Must be filled by pressing the V Trigger command where Alex eats pizza. It's randomized like Birdie's, Brooklyn style pizza fills the bar while Chicago Deep Dish he chucks at the opponent.

He has to yell it when he activates. Nyeehhhh.
  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    -=KOH=- wrote: »

Mika has the same tool with her Passion Press blockable grab. I dunno if Alex needs it. I would like Flash Chop being a bit more versatile. DevilJin suggested that you could hold the Flash Chop down and it would be an unblockable. Which is apparently something from TvC. I like that idea because the Flash Chop combo (I.E. doing Fierce Flash Chop and then end with Powerbomb) has never been ideal. In 3S, it made far more sense to do MK into SA2 or EX Shoulder or EX Flashchop after a fierce Flashchop. If you combo into Powerbomb the damage wasn't worth it.
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
    I'd prefer alex retain his b fierce personally even if mika has it technically
    His B+HP headbutt is one of my favourite moves. I keep using it as a poke. Get the timing and spacing right and you'll be surprised the things you can catch people out of, Chun-Li's Hyakuretsu Kyaku, fireball startups etc. I think I once managed to catch Ken out of SA3. Very trollish.
    I'm just hoping the back fierce has more utility in this game is all I'm saying. Because without parry it loses quite a bit of it's worth.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,537
    I hope they give him a charge on flash chop like TvC. The setup I can come up with.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    b+HP really wasn't that good, dudes. It worked in 3S because of the Parry system and you could use it catch dudes who love to buffer parry and shit (works well against Dudley players in particular).
    HP flash chop into b+HP choke hold is so satisfying. Hope he still has the back turned choke hold.

It's fun, but dudes could mash out of it, especially if they're using turbo input like certain players.

;_; "

Dander.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,224
    Well, the Alex model is already in the game, so we know what he looks like.

In a game so filled with grapplers, I wonder how Alex will stand out.
  • KungFooKungFoo London Joined: Posts: 661
    Did anyone else also think Necalli has similar moveset to Alex? Command grab, charge move that goes across the screen at speed, an anti-air DP move.

I think his game should be high stun, like he can be played in SFIII.

B+HP crush counter :D

I really want that range MK and F+ HP anti air

Hyper Bomb as a super would do.

I dont think a generic V trigger with big damage and stun would be that bad.... Or perhaps a one-off stun headbutt, a Rashidesque flip that leads to grab leads to stun. Hes not that combo based so wouldnt be too OP.
    PSN - KungFooPS
    SF5 - Ryu / Guile
    VF5 - Pai
    SFIII - Ryu
    SFII - O. Ken, Chun Li
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,473
    Korbidon wrote: »
    Well, the Alex model is already in the game, so we know what he looks like.

In a game so filled with grapplers, I wonder how Alex will stand out.

i sure wonder if anyone has shared screens of his char model , lel
    KungFoo wrote: »
    Did anyone else also think Necalli has similar moveset to Alex? Command grab, charge move that goes across the screen at speed, an anti-air DP move.

Nope. He's got a charge move and a command grab. That's it. There's more similarities with Mika than Necalli.

Alex's charge move (the Shoulder) was pretty different in that it's used more to punish shit rather than to extend combos and it didn't go through fireballs or anything. The Air Knee Smash was pretty bad but you'd use the EX version in AA combos (I.E. st.MP, EX Air Knee).

;_; "

Dander.
    KungFoo wrote: »

Nope. He's got a charge move and a command grab. That's it. There's more similarities with Mika than Necalli.

Alex's charge move (the Shoulder) was pretty different in that it's used more to punish shit rather than to extend combos and it didn't go through fireballs or anything. The Air Knee Smash was pretty bad but you'd use the EX version in AA combos (I.E. st.MP, EX Air Knee).

This could combo in Third Strike? I have wasted so many opportunities :|

The only EX Air Knee Smash combo I knew was off crouching HP.
    b+HP really wasn't that good, dudes. It worked in 3S because of the Parry system and you could use it catch dudes who love to buffer parry and shit (works well against Dudley players in particular).
    HP flash chop into b+HP choke hold is so satisfying. Hope he still has the back turned choke hold.

It's fun, but dudes could mash out of it, especially if they're using turbo input like certain players.

Then make it good now. ...
  • IntruIntru Joined: Posts: 49
    CA should be his Boomerang Raid (SA2) since it is like his more famous super and I think that since Alex isn't a grappler or a pure one, it suits him better a comboable CA (yes I know that CA Grabs can be comboed in SFV).

I like Spiral DDT, it isn't useful in 3s, but come on who doesn't like that grab animation lol.

I don't have any idea of how his V-trigger is going to work, maybe they could change his frame data to give him more links for combos. I don't like the idea of giving him more stun or damage since it is the character nature to do so, but it could be viable nerfing a little his stun and damage from stock then giving him back for V-trigger.

Being a hard hitter character I wonder how are they are going to balance his damage and stun with for example, crush counters since they leave opponents wide open and that could to insane damage (maybe lot of push back from his crush counters normals so he doesn't have the chance to land a flash chop and then a full combo.

I like the idea of Stungun Headbutt being his V-reversal, it could make for a very useful V-reversal.

I hope they keep all of his normals since they are usefull in very specific situations but that is what I like for a chacter, having normals not op but useful in very differents situations, but I'm wondering how they are going to make his B+hp this time.
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 3,749
    Intru wrote: »
    CA should be his Boomerang Raid (SA2) since it is like his more famous super and I think that since Alex isn't a grappler or a pure one

I need my back-turned 5 suplexes, tho.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,486
    2 things:

Shirt obliteration v trigger
    Beard Alex skin

Nah, just hook him up with that Hulk Hogan stache to complete the reference.

hulk-hogan-wwe.jpg
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,537
    edited December 2015
    Thinking outside the box here but I want Alex V-Skill to be chain grabs. In his appearances he's always been able to combo his powerbomb in some fashion and the changes depending if the opponent is facing him or behind. Chain grabs is something that hasn't been in a main SF game and could be the thing to separate him from the game's other grapplers.
    Post edited by Hawkingbird on
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    Intru wrote: »

I hope they keep all of his normals since they are usefull in very specific situations but that is what I like for a chacter, having normals not op but useful in very differents situations, but I'm wondering how they are going to make his B+hp this time.

I hope they keep st.HP as an overhead that does really good stun. It would be nice if he could combo into something from an overhead.

;_; "

Dander.