Guile General Discussion: Go home and be a family man

LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,126
edited May 2016 in Guile
I am looking forward to Guile's comeback in SFV - cues Guile theme. I am excited to see how my old main will turn out in SFV.
Will Guile still have only two special moves or is Capcom going to give him some new tools?
Been maining him since 7 years now - SF4 Vanilla days.
Either way I am glad that he will be back in 2016.

I will update this topic in future.

Edit: Made a short Guile montage today

Post edited by jchensor on
www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB

Comments

• GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,958
    edited December 2015
    Yeeees! I was about to do it if no one else did, I'm super hyped and intruiged at guides return , I think they should keep his 2 special archtype, but his v trigger could be a 3rd special , or they can go an install route.

I've also mained him since vanilla, maybe his v trigger can be sonic hurricane :)
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • TINYANGRYCRABTINYANGRYCRAB Joined: Posts: 410
    JrRoxyl.jpg

Go home and be a slamily jam

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,930
    V Skill: Guile does a pose (hair comb? shoulder stretch?). Charge time is reduced for his next special, and the special itself generates VT
    V Trigger: Sonic Hurricane, and it isn't ass
    CA: Double Flash/Flash Explosion

I really like the idea of a vskill that removes charge time, just turns it into back/forward command.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    Fond of guile/sim so this good ass news no matter what they decide to do lol.

Only question is will guile still be rockin that icon on his head.

Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    V-Skill should either be putting shades on for a buff (getting hit knocks them off) or that special dash Charlie had in the Alphas. He could do a Knee at the end, which would build v meter on contact or nothing just to be in close with a sonic boom behind him.
  • ~Mirage~~Mirage~ `Isn't the LEAST bit Machiavellian. Honest. Joined: Posts: 182
    edited December 2015
    But isn't charge time almost not even a thing in SFV? Look at this (4min mark).

Note: That's not the same as charging down, releasing to do a standing normal, then continuing to up for the input of the button to get the SBK Special. Nah, she legit went from low Forward to SBK with no delay. Unless the two down commands she did in that combo got added together for the sum of the total necessary SBK charge time, wouldn't a diminished charge time be kinda wasteful?

I suppose not needing to charge at all (back, forward+button; down, up+button; like super-jump timing) would lend itself REALLY well to going on the offensive. Or even punishing a jump-in or jump-back (at corner) if you've managed to pressure the opponent effectively. So I can almost see how that would work. Even I would be more interested in using this version of Guile. Standing Flash Kick anti-airs? Way~ too much fun.

Might wanna make it so that Flash Kick is the one that gets its charge time removed, and not just the next charge attack you happen to use. That way you can combo into Flash Kick after a legitimately charged Sonic Boom BnB. But I never mained Guile so I dunno what would be best for his gameplan.
    Fortune Favors the Bold.
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978
    edited December 2015
    What if his V-Trigger was that he went into a Remy like mode where he could throw two fireballs at once and etc. That would make some 3S players happy and make him really scary since parry as a mechanic seemed to hurt Remy.

Or Capcom could steal a few ideas from Leona, she's such a fun charge character and this is coming from a guy who hates charge characters usually.
    Post edited by CaptainGinyu on
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

Maybe they could give him Remy low sb
  • gilleygilley 3D Aminator Joined: Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I want guile to have a parry like ryu/gief for his vskill. Parry's IMHO are more defensive in nature and fits his archetype. It probably won't happen though. It will be interesting to see what super they give him, since there are no charge motions for supers and AFAIK there's not going to be. Having no proximity normals is going to be very interesting for guile. I probably wont like it, even though he potentially will be able to do things like the upside down kick anywhere, not just close range. I'm pretty sure they're going to be giving him a new special finally, seeing how much they've changed up some returning characters like bison, birdie, charlie. Maybe his vtrigger will give him CPS1 chains.
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. --Mark Twain
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,269 mod
    Guile will have a new modernized hairdo that will make nostalgic fans peed off.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• johnson.carl96johnson.carl96 King of San Andreas Joined: Posts: 220
    I'm fine with the Charge Back, Forward, Back, Forward motion for a Critical Art. I don't ever want to do a delta motion, though.
    There are no charge supers anymore. Everyone has motions supers now to make them more accessible and easier to combo in neutral.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,050
    Hey guys,

Peter "Combofiend" Rosas here with a look at our new latest character, Guile, in Street Fighter V. Will the great American Soldier be on par with the rest of the cast? Let's find out

Guile has historically had his only two main iconic specials - the Sonic Boom, and the Flash Kick, both of which created a unique playstyle compared to other characters which utilized a lot more tools in their general gameplans

But in this game, we're switching things up a bit for the flat-top headed family man, by removing his signature Flash Kick. We felt that players had a hard time getting in with Guile controlling the space on the ground and in the air, which made him a little too strong.

In an attempt to counter this, the recovery of his Sonic Booms across all 4 versions has been increased slightly, now Guile players will have to be more careful with throwing these out

This is Combofiend, singing off

+ points for "singing" off.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • johnson.carl96johnson.carl96 King of San Andreas Joined: Posts: 220
    There are no charge supers anymore. Everyone has motions supers now to make them more accessible and easier to combo in neutral.

I know, but Zangief still retained the 720 super. Maybe Guile will be the only one with a charge super, like a legacy factor.

I know, but Zangief still retained the 720 super. Maybe Guile will be the only one with a charge super, like a legacy factor.

Doubt it. They're clearly following the same path 3rd Strike did where everyone including charge characters had motion supers.

• EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    I'm fine with guile getting a new doo, classic costume packs should be the future not a default imo.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
    Give him the van damn cut, in fact give him a sf the movie alt lmao
  • giant_ratgiant_rat Joined: Posts: 105
    simple thread title for a simple character

discussion points:
    will he finally have more than 2 special moves?
    how will he function in sfv given all the anti-fireball tech?

• boy_wundaboy_wunda Joined: Posts: 87
    I was about to make this thread lol. I can't see him getting more special moves, as he is iconic in that sense. I do think he will have a slightly changed appearance along with new command normals/super. Nash has a lot of his command normals already so it'd be redundant for Guile to get them as well. As for how he will play, I think he will be fine. I am really excited to see what Capcom will do with him though.
    Hit me up if you'd like to play some Guilty Gear or Street Fighter ;)
    PS, this thread desperately needs a clever title like the other character threads.
    There's already a Guile thread you dopes

I heard from somebody he will have an eye patch this time around. Also, I imagine he will have updated command normals/super as Nash already has most of Guile's old normals.
    Lol RIP "Guile Thread"
    Lmfao
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,758
    boy_wunda wrote: »
    I heard from somebody he will have an eye patch this time around. Also, I imagine he will have updated command normals/super as Nash already has most of Guile's old normals.

RIP Sagat
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2015
    My hopes for Guile:

- Only 2 Special Moves. Total Charge Character (except for CA obvs.).
    - His Sonic Boom and Flashkick would shit on Nash's
    - Sonic Hurricane = Ex Sonic Boom
    - Ex Flashkick has very fast start up and recovery, puts opponents into a slow falling juggle state allowing Guile to airthrow them immediately after, or even combo into a second flash kick.
    - Most TCs and Command Normals of any character
    - VT would be the Ex Sonic Boom from Omega Mode. Fires as many sonic booms (after the first one hits, using only 1 or 2 punch buttons; No need to charge) until the gauge depletes. Can combo into it or from it. We can call it Sonic Storm!
    - His V-skill can be his QCB+K move from Omega mode where he jumps over fireballs and dives into his opponent. Although it might be too similar to Chun's.
    - Flash Explosion is the CA
    - Lastly, Guile is now a General after his success against Shadaloo and SIN. His appearance should change to reflect this.
  • SlizzardSlizzard Joined: Posts: 1,402
    I don't really care about Guile I'd just like to hear the guile theme again.
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,427
    Didn't play much of him in the earlier games, but I'm looking forward to seeing him in SFV.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • SpuckukSpuckuk Joined: Posts: 144
    Daemos wrote: »
    My hopes for Guile:

- Ex Flashkick has very fast start up and recovery, puts opponents into a slow falling juggle state allowing Guile to airthrow them immediately after, or even combo into a second flash kick.
    - VT would be the Ex Sonic Boom from Omega Mode. Fires as many sonic booms (after the first one hits, using only 1 or 2 punch buttons; No need to charge) until the gauge depletes. Can combo into it or from it. We can call it Sonic Storm!
    - His V-skill can be his QCB+K move from Omega mode where he jumps over fireballs and dives into his opponent. Although it might be too similar to Chun's.
    - Lastly, Guile is now a General after his success against Shadaloo and SIN. His appearance should change to reflect this.

So basically you want SF4 Guile but buffed in every single way possible?

Lol not going to happen.
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,814
    My hopes for Guile:

you know this is SFV bruh

the dream will remain as dream sadly
    Spuckuk wrote: »
    My hopes for Guile:

Lol not going to happen.

Did I say this is what is going to happen? I put down what I would like to happen, based on what Capcom themselves teased with Omega Mode Guile. Considering how 'complete' and pimped out all the returning cast members are, Guile receiving all the tools he was given in Omega Mode by Capcom in some capacity is not far fetched. In fact, it is the most likely scenario based on everything we know now.

• kylebrkylebr Casually competitive Joined: Posts: 990
    Spuckuk wrote: »
    My hopes for Guile:

Lol not going to happen.

Did I say this is what is going to happen? I put down what I would like to happen, based on what Capcom themselves teased with Omega Mode Guile. Considering how 'complete' and pimped out all the returning cast members are, Guile receiving all the tools he was given in Omega Mode by Capcom in some capacity is not far fetched. In fact, it is the most likely scenario based on everything we know now.

I've been saying that for months, it's 90% sure we are gonna get something close to Omega Guile, like they did with Ryu. In fact, I will be very surprised if Guile's V-Skill isn't Cold Blue Kick, because he already got this in Omega. It makes perfect sense like Daemos said, the character would keep his core play style and be a bit spiced up to make him more fun to play.

Guile will still be charge and defensive/zoning oriented, that's for sure. Nash is already the offensive boom user. Guile is gonna borrow a lot of stuff from Remy like he did in omega, wait and see. Cr. fierce anti air juggling into flash kick would be awesome. Make it happen Capcom.
    CFN: kylebr92, Fightcade: kylebr, Steam: kylebr92.
    SFV: Guile, Karin.
    GG Rev 2: Ky, Johnny.
    SSB4: Mario, Marth, Cloud.
    To add to the Omega Mode hints, Capcom has repurposed old character supers into new Ex moves for returning characters in SF5. So the idea of Capcom turning Sonic Hurricane for example into an Ex Sonic Boom isn't without reason or precedence. Considering also what they did to Nash, Guile will end up being just as pimped out and like @kylebr said, will likely be the polar opposite - charge based, defensive/zoning monster.
  • MnszykMnszyk Joined: Posts: 990
    You know they're gonna change his fireball game up.

Charge and fast walkspeed are probably in just because they distinguish him from Nash, but I really doubt he's keeping old-style sonic booms.
    People are gonna bitch about how different Guile is. Guaranteed.