Smash League 2.0 Thread: Hammerspace 9

Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma MatataJoined: Posts: 9,372
Welcome to the new Smash League!

This current League's format will be an ITEMS format.

In our league, every 5 weeks we have a round robin competition with competitors chosen at random. There is no entrance fee (as of yet) and a prize is awarded to the 1st place winner. League rulesets alternate between a normal format and a more 'off beat' format that promotes more risque elements of the game such as unconventional stages and items. These 'crazy' leagues are monitored and special rules are applied. The format is crazy/standard/crazy/standard........

Gentlemen's is in effect

Smash League 1 results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JOC_cD9YCM1j92wdpQT_zUqWem0gH1FoOijtX4mabto/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Winner: Dre

Smash League: Phantom Menace results

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LVfHM0j3IaZSoH-7I5c2wmJny6KslamN7Do5fHKPy_M/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Winner: Manie

This tournament will utilize the following rules

3 stock, 6 minute

Best of three

Starter stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town and City
Dreamland 64

Counter Picks
Delfino
Lylat
Duck Hunt
Castle Siege
Halberd
Omega Stages

The Item Rank System as provided by Cynt:

Rank 5 (The Pseudo-Ban Rank - these items wildly influence the game on appearance due to its overwhelming reward being too good or bringing the game to a halt, or otherwise reward considerably the player instantaneously through little or no interaction)
- Back Shield, Fairy Bottle, Gust Bellows, Heart Container, Lightning Bolt, Maxim Tomato, Special Flag, Starman, Timer

Rank 4 (The High Stakes Rank - these items aren't necessarily busted but still incredibly tide turning for better or worse or otherwise difficult-to-impossible for an opponent to handle reliably, but not so much that it will either negate or create a kill guaranteed or otherwise bring the game to a halt until it is resolved)
- Assist Trophy, Beetle, Bob-omb, Bombchu, Bullet Bill, Cucco, Daybreak, Deku Nut, Dragoon, Galaga Ships, Gooey Bomb, Master Ball, Ore Club, Poison Mushroom, Spiny Shell, Super Mushroom, Superspicy Curry

Rank 3 (The Deep End Rank - these items may or may not have lethal abilities, or may or may not give great additional control, but most may bring about some risk or disadvantage that can be used against them pretty readily)
- Beam Sword, Blast Box, Fire Bar, Food, Golden Hammer, Hammer, Hocotate Bomb, Lip's Stick, Metal Box, Poké Ball, Ray Gun, Rocket Belt, Smart Bomb, Smash Ball, Soccer Ball, Star Rod, Steel Diver, Team Healer

Rank 2 (The Conservative Rank - items in this rank shouldn't really create a killing scenario on its own in any way that a smash attack wouldn't also, nor should they control a large degree of a stage or otherwise give the player a significant advantage without some drawback)
- Barrel, Beehive, Bumper, Bunny Hood, Capsule, Chest, Crate, Drill Arm, Franklin Badge, Green Shell, Home-run Bat, Killer Eye, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Party Ball, Pitfall, POW Block, Rolling Crate, Screw Attack, Spring, Tanooki Leaf, Unira, Warp Star, X Bomb

Rank 1 (The Simple Rank - items in here are non-lethal in most cases; they should be able to disrupt an opponent and possibly set up for other actions, but unless the setup to make the item lethal is incredibly situational, that's all they should be able to do)
- Banana Peel, Boomerang, Fire Flower, Freezie, Grass, Hothead, Mr. Saturn, Sandbag, Smoke Ball, Super Scope

Rank 0 - No Items

We will be employing RANK 4 AND BELOW ITEMS FOR THIS TOURNAMENT
Post edited by Colonel-Gilgamesh on
NNID: a2handedmonk

Comments

• Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,372
    edited April 2016
    Current Leaguers

Cyntalan

KaboXx

Dre

Manie

Phantom Angel

The Martian

Po Pimpus

Mood4Food77

Sonichuman

Davidstar

You are expected to have your opponent's NNID.
    Post edited by Colonel-Gilgamesh on
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 25,996
    Sign me up and add a disclaimer:

IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO PLAY ONE FUCKING MATCH A WEEK, DO NOT SIGN UP.

I don't need motherfuckers signing up, then quitting in the middle just to give bitch ass niggas points they didn't earn.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,386
    Wait...wait.......WAIT!

Where's Midgar on the stage list?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,117
    edited December 2015
    I'll sign up.

Also may I recommend adding that list of large stages to the OP that you posted previously in the PM:

Temple, Palutena's Temple, Big Battlefield, 75 M, Gaur Plains, Jungle Hijinx, and Great Cave Offensive

So in future we know which stages would have the alternate ruleset.

As an aside, I think that Wuhu Island should be moved out of the neutral stage list. When compared to the rest of the stages that you have up there, I think it's the least "neutral" out of all of them due to the size of it as well as several of the transitions (particularly the Beach, the Bridge, the fountain and the Volcano). I'd accept Midgar as a neutral stage over Wuhu, but that might just be me. It's up to you though.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • CyntalanCyntalan Joined: Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If you don't stop that shit right now I'll stuff a cactus up your Wuhu... :chainsaw:

Also, I'll sign up again.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
    I'd accept Midgar as a neutral stage over Wuhu, but that might just be me. It's up to you though.

Midgar as Neutral? Well if you say so.....
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,117
    edited December 2015
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    If you don't stop that shit right now I'll stuff a cactus up your Wuhu...

I'm just offering an opinion. I don't have a problem with Wuhu, I just don't think it's "neutral" when compared to the rest of the stages that CG has listed, especially since I believe CG had mentioned adding Midgar to the list of good stages. And I think Midgar is a better neutral stage than Wuhu is, as much as I don't like Midgar.
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,780
    i'm down
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,386
    edited December 2015
    Go ahead and sign me up, too. Dre's a given since he's the main one who wanted this back.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    Go ahead and sign me up, too. Dre's a given since he's the main one who wanted this back.

No. Dre should be banned until he stops running people off with his connection.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    A reminder to read the rules. I changed them since I our 'beta' phase
    That wasn't a beta, I didn't see any error messages.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    That wasn't a beta, I didn't see any error messages.

Sure it was.

That's how we found out owattjacob.exe, eskills.exe, ozleaon.exe, and king9999.exe were crashing
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,961
    Sign me up phaggots
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,072
    wired connection should be mandatory.
    sign me up.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    Does this mean the old one is over?
    Smashbro29 wrote: »

It will be Wednesday.

You have until tomorrow to fight Dre and then the winner will fight LW.

Otherwise, LW wins

It will be Wednesday.

Otherwise, LW wins

Complete bullshit.

How did the King of Lag and the Queen Bitch wind up 2nd and 3rd by not playing anybody?
    edited December 2015
    po pimpus wrote: »

It will be Wednesday.

Otherwise, LW wins

Complete bullshit.

How did the King of Lag and the Queen Bitch wind up 2nd and 3rd by not playing anybody?

By not losing a single game in 2 rounds and having eskills drop out. I'd have played him, I hit him up but he couldn't play.

Sorry buddy B)

Too bad you couldn't join the 15 point club.
    Fuck you. Fight me, or do not speak to me.
    You're not making the situation better by constantly bringing it up and complaining about it Po.

And I thought you put him on ignore, Smashbro. What happened to you quitting smoking?
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    edited December 2015
    You're not making the situation better by constantly bringing it up and complaining about it Po.

And I thought you put him on ignore, Smashbro. What happened to you quitting smoking?

I really wish SRK had a way to not just black out the post but straight up not show me when they happen because it's hard not to click on it.

It's willpower!
    edited December 2015
    Not that I disagree with the idea but the latter part is on you.

Can't quit smoking if you buy a pack of cigarettes every time you see it in a store.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    Not that I disagree with the idea but the latter part is on you.

Can't quit smoking if you buy a pack of cigarettes every time you see it in a store.

When you're right you're right.

I don't give a fuck. I will continue to raise hell until he either fights me, or leaves, whichever comes first.

He started this shit, and I intend to end it.
    Uh...you started it. He may have been the one posting stuff you didn't like but you're the one who instigated the feud in the first place.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    Uh...you started it. He may have been the one posting stuff you didn't like but you're the one who instigated the feud in the first place.

Wrong again, bucko. Look at the posting history, and see just who was antagonizing whom.

This ain't the place for this, so again, I'll leave it at this:

Scrubro29 can either fight me, or he can go away. Either way, he's gonna shut the fuck up about his one shitty win.
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,364
    sign me and my brother up
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    Out for that victory by default again, eh dre? :coffee:

@Sonichuman, where ye be?
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    Bitchmade The Third, aka @Smashbro29, where YE be? :wonder:

Someone's upset I hurt their feelings.
    Someone's upset I hurt their feelings.

...sure, let's go with that. :lol:

• UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,222

I am very curious who holds the titles of Bitchmade the First and Second.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »

Bitchmade Jr. is @Davidstar.
    Bitchmade Sr. is @orochizoolander.

Titles honored in order of which they received them. If it were in order of Bitchmade Magnitude™, bro and star would swap.

• dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,364
    Hey, winning by default or a 2-0. Same outcome anyway. Save yourself the embarassment & shame lol
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    edited December 2015
    You mean like the embarrassment and shame of EmblemLord bodying you free? :coffee:
    Post edited by LordWilliam1234 on
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    I'm down to play whoever in smash including Po.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,072

Bitchmade Jr. is @Cyntalan .
    Bitchmade Sr. is @Cyntalan .

Titles honored in order of which they received them. If it were in order of Bitchmade Magnitude™, bro and star would swap.

fixed
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Davidstar wrote: »

Bitchmade Jr. is @Cyntalan .
    Bitchmade Sr. is @Cyntalan .

fixed

Someone's mad at their well-earned title... :lol: