Welcome to the new Smash League!
This current League's format will be an ITEMS format.
In our league, every 5 weeks we have a round robin competition with competitors chosen at random. There is no entrance fee (as of yet) and a prize is awarded to the 1st place winner. League rulesets alternate between a normal format and a more 'off beat' format that promotes more risque elements of the game such as unconventional stages and items. These 'crazy' leagues are monitored and special rules are applied. The format is crazy/standard/crazy/standard........
Gentlemen's is in effect
Smash League 1 results:
Smash League: Phantom Menace results
This tournament will utilize the following rules
3 stock, 6 minute
Best of three
Town and City
The Item Rank System as provided by Cynt:
Rank 5 (The Pseudo-Ban Rank - these items wildly influence the game on appearance due to its overwhelming reward being too good or bringing the game to a halt, or otherwise reward considerably the player instantaneously through little or no interaction)
- Back Shield, Fairy Bottle, Gust Bellows, Heart Container, Lightning Bolt, Maxim Tomato, Special Flag, Starman, Timer
Rank 4 (The High Stakes Rank - these items aren't necessarily busted but still incredibly tide turning for better or worse or otherwise difficult-to-impossible for an opponent to handle reliably, but not so much that it will either negate or create a kill guaranteed or otherwise bring the game to a halt until it is resolved)
- Assist Trophy, Beetle, Bob-omb, Bombchu, Bullet Bill, Cucco, Daybreak, Deku Nut, Dragoon, Galaga Ships, Gooey Bomb, Master Ball, Ore Club, Poison Mushroom, Spiny Shell, Super Mushroom, Superspicy Curry
Rank 3 (The Deep End Rank - these items may or may not have lethal abilities, or may or may not give great additional control, but most may bring about some risk or disadvantage that can be used against them pretty readily)
- Beam Sword, Blast Box, Fire Bar, Food, Golden Hammer, Hammer, Hocotate Bomb, Lip's Stick, Metal Box, Poké Ball, Ray Gun, Rocket Belt, Smart Bomb, Smash Ball, Soccer Ball, Star Rod, Steel Diver, Team Healer
Rank 2 (The Conservative Rank - items in this rank shouldn't really create a killing scenario on its own in any way that a smash attack wouldn't also, nor should they control a large degree of a stage or otherwise give the player a significant advantage without some drawback)
- Barrel, Beehive, Bumper, Bunny Hood, Capsule, Chest, Crate, Drill Arm, Franklin Badge, Green Shell, Home-run Bat, Killer Eye, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Party Ball, Pitfall, POW Block, Rolling Crate, Screw Attack, Spring, Tanooki Leaf, Unira, Warp Star, X Bomb
Rank 1 (The Simple Rank - items in here are non-lethal in most cases; they should be able to disrupt an opponent and possibly set up for other actions, but unless the setup to make the item lethal is incredibly situational, that's all they should be able to do)
- Banana Peel, Boomerang, Fire Flower, Freezie, Grass, Hothead, Mr. Saturn, Sandbag, Smoke Ball, Super Scope
Rank 0 - No Items
We will be employing RANK 4 AND BELOW ITEMS FOR THIS TOURNAMENT