Ottawa Thread 2016

GilletteGillette HQ SPECIAL (TM)Joined: Posts: 1,531
Happy birthday.

Comments

• obscuraobscura Joined: Posts: 92
    yo

happy new years
  • Tofu WarriorTofu Warrior Today is close Joined: Posts: 1,149
    Does anyone in Ottawa mod sticks? I'm looking to make my Qanba Q4 compatible with the PS4.
  • forest31forest31 No throw break! Joined: Posts: 801
    If anyone sees a bunch or any sf5 paraphernalia please post properties promptly. I am ready to unload all my money into capcom and madcatz' coffers.
    youtube.com/user/ForestTekkenVideos
    I just got back from the eb games in billings bridge. They are taking preorders for all the new sf5 sticks! I just preordered 2 madcatz sf5 pads, but the dude there said they are getting lots of sticks as well! The Canadian dollar's exchange rate SUCKS right now...way cheaper than online
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,853
    Brockville?
    Brock?
    ville?
    Bruekkvlle? :glasses:
  • MrSparkmanMrSparkman Joined: Posts: 13
    If you're willing to not have sanwa parts, the HRAP4 is a good choice. I was lucky and got for a good deal last year. http://www.amazon.ca/HORI-Real-Arcade-Pro-PlayStation/dp/B00SULMRI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454683533&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+real+arcade+pro

forest31, you should drop by gonq if you can one of these days. I need someone to teach me Tekken.

And for any stragglers, Ottawa has a discord chat server. Bug Will on facebook or pm me for an invite (they expire within a day).
    "America typically has horrible defense, so break the trend and learn to block scrub!" - Shtkn's Ky Beginner Guide
    I ended up paying $277 or so for my hrap 4 after tax, exchange rate and delivery. But yeah, we have the same stick! That from the on-screen price of $149.99. Are you referring to the Ottawa fb group?
  • TheRealDaddy-OTheRealDaddy-O Keepin' it classy Joined: Posts: 333
    Yooo We're throwing a launch week tournament for SF5 on the 20th. Here's the details:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/982715015131109/

We've migrated the SRK group to Facebook and Discord! Here are the links:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/677223472399931/
    Discord Server ID: 140285885571661824 or PM for an instant invite link
    Why do birds suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me, they long to be
    Close to you
    edited March 2016
    Post edited by TheRealDaddy-O on
    Every time you are near?
    Close to you

I think you mean march?

I will try to be there.
    Yeah, March. Thanks.
    Every time you are near?
    Close to you
  • Elliott SpookElliott Spook E-Tier Joined: Posts: 767
    Anybody selling a stick? I'm looking to buy
    Taskmaster/Dormammu/She Hulk
    Hugo/Necro/Ryu/Oro/Remy/Sean
  • Gwai Lo ½Gwai Lo ½ McCafe Joined: Posts: 78
    This Ottawa thread so full of activity
  • Shifty NeversShifty Nevers Black-Star Joined: Posts: 692
    This place still exists o_0 ?
    Loser's have no rights ~ Clark
  • Brie20Brie20 Joined: Posts: 18
    For those who still check this thread, would you happen know of any local hangouts in the Ottawa region for newcomers interested in fighting games to check out?
    Well since its the close-ish every thursday in Brockville at the comic shop is Fighting game day(sf is 99% what is played), we got a small but enduring little community here.
  • RickyTseRickyTse Living the Dream Joined: Posts: 99
    For anyone looking for weeklies in Ottawa there's two things going on:

Thursday from 5-degen o' clock at Algonquin College
    In the Student Commons building room E209 It's on the second floor above the Starbucks.
    There's always at least six lagless monitors, people bring their own setups too.
    SF, GG, Tekken, MvC, and Smash are the main games played here but people bring other games too.
    You don't have to be a student to play. Bring your own controller.

Wednesdays from 6-11 at Blurry Pixel
    Blurry Pixel is a game bar downtown.
    They have a setup on a projector and play anything anyone feels like playing.
    Blurry Pixel sells booze and food, so that's a plus. They also have mario kart and that type of thing too.

Most of the forum activity has moved to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/677223472399931/

Hope to see you soon!
    ~Kingsley
    Anyone want to order brooks universal board?
    Anyone up for sf5 online play?
  • Brie20Brie20 Joined: Posts: 18
    Thanks RickyTse. Do you know if you have to bring your own setups for the Blurry Pixel?
    edited June 2016
    Anyone actually play 5 at blurry pixel on weds?

?
    Post edited by Gwai Lo ½ on
  • MaplekonMaplekon put some respek on my wakeup Joined: Posts: 3
    a few do
  • JensineJensine Acid Raindrops Joined: Posts: 576
    SRK revival when?
    XBL: Jensine SRK
  • Tofu WarriorTofu Warrior Today is close Joined: Posts: 1,149
    Anyone for KOF XIV at Blurry Pixel or Algonquin this Wednesday/Thursday, respectively?
  • EssayEssay And there was oki. Joined: Posts: 142
    Anyone for KOF XIV at Blurry Pixel or Algonquin this Wednesday/Thursday, respectively?

We'll have at least two KOF setups at Gonq this week, and I can think of about a dozen people interested in playing.
    XBL: Northofself || PSN: RadicalEssay || Twitter: RadicalSA
  • MrSparkmanMrSparkman Joined: Posts: 13
    It looks like we'll have at least 3 kofxiv setups. There is enough interest in a bracket too, anyone interested should come hop on over.
    "America typically has horrible defense, so break the trend and learn to block scrub!" - Shtkn's Ky Beginner Guide
  • SMGxPrincessSMGxPrincess Joined: Posts: 2
    Why is there such a lack of fighting game tournaments in Ottawa? There are so many locals in Montreal and Toronto, but I don't want to have to travel all the way there just to play.

Does Algonquin still host tourneys? And does it include MKXL/KOFXIV? They haven't replied to my tweet and the last related post is older than 1 month.

• EssayEssay And there was oki. Joined: Posts: 142
    edited October 2016
    Why is there such a lack of fighting game tournaments in Ottawa? There are so many locals in Montreal and Toronto, but I don't want to have to travel all the way there just to play.

Does Algonquin still host tourneys? And does it include MKXL/KOFXIV? They haven't replied to my tweet and the last related post is older than 1 month.

We had a Guilty Gear and SFV tournament at Algonquin College in August, and Montreal+Southern Ontario came out for Gear. (Their anime players who don't even play SFV also bodied our SFV players that came out. Yep.)

According to Facebook today, we just reserved the space for another similar tournament on November 19th. Based on attendance, there's probably enough demand to add KOFXIV too, as we've had about 20 people getting into it in the last few weeks, and I'd expect at least a few more if people come from out of town again.

Judging by our old Ottawa thread at TestYourMight, MKX is completely dead here though. Haven't seen that game in-person since its first month of release.
    XBL: Northofself || PSN: RadicalEssay || Twitter: RadicalSA
  • SMGxPrincessSMGxPrincess Joined: Posts: 2
    Essay wrote: »

We had a Guilty Gear and SFV tournament at Algonquin College in August, and Montreal+Southern Ontario came out for Gear. (Their anime players who don't even play SFV also bodied our SFV players that came out. Yep.)

According to Facebook today, we just reserved the space for another similar tournament on November 19th. Based on attendance, there's probably enough demand to add KOFXIV too, as we've had about 20 people getting into it in the last few weeks, and I'd expect at least a few more if people come from out of town again.

Judging by our old Ottawa thread at TestYourMight, MKX is completely dead here though. Haven't seen that game in-person since its first month of release.

I would love to come for a tourney in November! I hope that happens. It's such a shame that MKX is dead in Ottawa when it's so huge in MTL and Toronto with large prizes. Canada Cup is happening in Toronto at the end of this month and I'm dreading making the trip, even though I attended last year. I'll still go though since I don't have a choice :( I really hope more people will take interest in MKX. Especially with their updated patch.
  • MaplekonMaplekon put some respek on my wakeup Joined: Posts: 3
    If only there was more mahvel