Street Fighter Unlimited - discussion of the ongoing series

124»

Comments

• Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 859
    ryusagat wrote: »
    Looks great. I prefer this artist by far.not that I dislike the other but I've always preferred the 90's type style. Sad it's coming to an end,I hope the darks talkers cross over starts straight after unlimited finishes. I want to see much more chun li too she's strangely under used especially in fights

Amen to that and more good sir! For the most part, Chun-Li has been underutilized in this comic arc. (I mean for Capcom's iconic female character, and the self proclaimed strongest woman in the world, she doesn't get the spotlight she deserves, except with her solo Legends comic, and even still, I thought she could've been something more)

But I'm not sure if I've read incorrectly, but I heard that there is gonna be a second arc of SF Unlimited. So we might get more.
    - ABOUT ME -
    - Chun-Li Fan/Main now and forever.
    - Aspiring Professional Actor & Longtime Street Fighter Fan
    - Street Fighter comic writer
    - Favorite Movie: The Incredibles (and excited for the sequel)
    - Favorite SF game: Street Fighter V | CFN: Chun-Li_Forever
    - Casual SF fan, Hardcore Chun-Li player | Goal: Reach Lvl 100 with Chun-Li | Currently Lvl 78
    - Story, art, characters, music, lore, plot > tournaments, EVO, Cap Cup, and everything competitive in Street fighter

- CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET (In-Progress)
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?
    Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink
    Update: CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET - Page 18 - Chun-Li v. Balrog: Drowning
    *edited Oct, 06, 2017: Page 18 Completed

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI (Completed)
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado
    Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

- TOP FAVORITE CHUN-LI STREET FIGHTER 5 COSTUMES -
    1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    3. Default (although, the most iconic)
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Undercover
    7. Story
    8. Capcom Pro Tour
    9. Sleepwear
    10. Professional
    11. B-Girl
  • ryusagatryusagat Joined: Posts: 47
    Looks great. I prefer this artist by far.not that I dislike the other but I've always preferred the 90's type style. Sad it's coming to an end,I hope the darks talkers cross over starts straight after unlimited finishes. I want to see much more chun li too she's strangely under used especially in fights

Amen to that and more good sir! For the most part, Chun-Li has been underutilized in this comic arc. (I mean for Capcom's iconic female character, and the self proclaimed strongest woman in the world, she doesn't get the spotlight she deserves, except with her solo Legends comic, and even still, I thought she could've been something more)

But I'm not sure if I've read incorrectly, but I heard that there is gonna be a second arc of SF Unlimited. So we might get more.

Look how many wins Cammy has, Deep Jay, THawk, necro, Vega, decapre. Double KO'do with balrog and even put a brick in Bisons face. The only win I can think of for chuggers is against Birdie. Even Dan could give birdie a fight lol. I like Cammy but chun li should be the first lady of fighting.

I've just read issue 10 it's a one of the best issues so far. Don't want this arc to end.
    I really loved that ending pic. But I'm worried because I feel that everyone is gonna get bodied in the end.
    - ABOUT ME -
    - Casual SF fan, Hardcore Chun-Li player | Goal: Reach Lvl 100 with Chun-Li | Currently Lvl 78
    - Story, art, characters, music, lore, plot > tournaments, EVO, Cap Cup, and everything competitive in Street fighter

- CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

Pages

1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Undercover
    7. Story
    8. Capcom Pro Tour
    9. Sleepwear
    10. Professional
    11. B-Girl
    I really loved that ending pic. But I'm worried because I feel that everyone is gonna get bodied in the end.

I always thought of dhalsim as god tier with the us on comics. Guess we'll soon see
    With street fighter vs dark stalkers coming up and the possibility of dead fighters being used in the stories it would be cool to see a ryu vs goutetsu. Be interesting to see what the old grand master things of how far goukens pupil has come. I think ryu gets the win .
    be prepared guys! The next issue that comes out next week is going to be SO EPIC!!! Just a few previews in and I'm ultra hyped about this fight!

SFU11_preview1.jpg

SFU11_preview2.jpg

SFU11_preview3.jpg

SFU11_preview4.jpg

- ABOUT ME -

- CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

Cover Page

Pages

Pages

1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Undercover
    7. Story
    8. Capcom Pro Tour
    9. Sleepwear
    10. Professional
    11. B-Girl
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,748
    Whoa, that looks amazing! Wonder why Alex is fighting everyone, brainwashed? Possessed?
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Mad Hatred Beyond the Haterdome Joined: Posts: 16,437
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    Whoa, that looks amazing! Wonder why Alex is fighting everyone, brainwashed? Possessed?
    I bought the comic. It's interesting,
    Alex apparently has the same genetic bloodline as Gill and Urien. For instance in the comic, Urien and Gill can kill 12's with a simple touch. Alex can do this as well. Also, there's a picture of Alex with four wings like Gill. In the comic, Gill is defeated. Everyone think's everything is okay. Gill then takes over Alex's body. And this is why "Alex" is fighting everyone.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,748
    Interesting! Thanks for the info! I'm a few issues behind, so I'll definitely pick this one up!
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    Issue 11 was great one of the best so far!
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,062 mod

Agree!
    Also loved the Firebrand cameo in the back up story. Nice!

I enjoyed it.
    It was all the characters going up against a Gill-enfused Alex. And since their levels are just not comparable, it didn't surprise me to see Gill/Alex not break a sweat. I loved the Good ryu/Bad Ryu bit before Ryu breaks free. That is great development for Ryu and the SnH arc. And of course, all deus ex machina, he comes through to save the day (just like SFV story mode).

Enjoyable issue.
    - ABOUT ME -

- CHUN-LI FAN COMICS -

Cover Page

Pages

Pages

1. Vacation
    2. Battle Dress
    4. Swimsuit
    5. School
    6. Undercover
    7. Story
    8. Capcom Pro Tour
    9. Sleepwear
    10. Professional
    11. B-Girl

I enjoyed it.
    It was all the characters going up against a Gill-enfused Alex. And since their levels are just not comparable, it didn't surprise me to see Gill/Alex not break a sweat. I loved the Good ryu/Bad Ryu bit before Ryu breaks free. That is great development for Ryu and the SnH arc. And of course, all deus ex machina, he comes through to save the day (just like SFV story mode).

Enjoyable issue.

Ryu I'd my favourite character so u hope I'm wrong but I think Udon will use this as the completion of ryus story arc and concentrate on Alex going forward. Which would be cool to and give some of the others some limelight. I still want to see a tournament played out fully and a champion crowned. I guess in a way ryu beat the host so is the champ
    Cammy #4 was just as good. huge event at towards the end. Makes me wish it was released on a Tuesday
    Got issue 11. I enjoyed it but I did expect what happened.
    Ryu finding a balance between Mu No Hadou and Satsui No Hadou I did expect. Ever since SFIV dropped and Ryu had Metsu Hadouken as his Ultra. I figured someone would make Ryu achieve a perfect balance between both. Didn't expect Ryu to get such a power boost though. Places Ryu as the Top 5 strongest characters in the SF universe Udon does. Really looking towards Shin Ryu vs Oni.

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Got issue 11. I enjoyed it but I did expect what happened.
    Ryu finding a balance between Mu No Hadou and Satsui No Hadou I did expect. Ever since SFIV dropped and Ryu had Metsu Hadouken as his Ultra. I figured someone would make Ryu achieve a perfect balance between both. Didn't expect Ryu to get such a power boost though. Places Ryu as the Top 5 strongest characters in the SF universe Udon does. Really looking towards Shin Ryu vs Oni.

Wouldn't be surprised if capcom used shin ryu going forward like they've taken other bits from different media in the past. I was surprised to see ryu so powerful,thought Gill would still of gave him a fight. Looks like ryu will stomp Oni. Leaving maybe only Shin akuma,oro with both arm's and final bison to be a challenge. Could possibly argue gill was held back by Alex fighting for control of his body or that he was warn down from fighting every one else. But he didn't seem affected by fighting every one at once.
    I would expect a modified Shin Ryu. I wouldn't expect him on the level he's portrayed here. Especially since Akuma can transform into Oni at will and is rightfully seen as being more powerful. If Shin Ryu were to be how he's in the comic, he'll be like Akuma with a glass jaw. I mean one handed Hadouken's ground and air? Teleportation and Shun Goku Satsu? I also wouldn't expect Capcom to have the balls to do it. In SFV, there was a much more radical look for Ryu originally. With SNH embers all over his body and a marked arm. Dude had wild longer hair and wore his gi top around his waist. Capcom punked out and when with classic Ryu.

Wonder if when unlimited starts back up after the darkstalkers crossover we will get to see Alex will the street fighter championship and then challenge ryu like in the 3rd strike ending.
    Just realized something. Shin Ryu is backed into a corner. This is the same thing that happens with World Breaker Hulk, Franklin Richards, etc. What I mean is that, with the above examples, characters that powerful tend to be written into a corner and can only be defeated in a really bullshit way.

If Shin Ryu can take down Gill by himself whereas 30 fighters together failed, who can really challenge him? Aside from Oni, there really can't be anyone else. Meaning unless Ryu gets powered down somehow, he'll become a rather boring character. Let's say Bison returns and wrecks everyone. Once Ryu shows up, it's GGPO. Ryu eliminates tension and conflict.

• GXEGXE @}-}--- Joined: Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I agree that the whole power level thing is feeling a bit Dragon Ball. Initially, I like the idea that Akuma and Bison have tapped into dark powers that give them abilities seemingly above others. Same with Gill. But there's an underlying idea that Ryu's commitment to his training and simply "being the better" allows him through skill and talent to overcome these odds.

Now, it's just like any story where one's shear power level is all that really matters, unless facing an utterly equal power level, at which point it's back to skill.

AKuma being able to go Oni at will feels like we're writing ourselves into a corner where anything less than Oni vs "balanced" Ryu will be boring by comparison.

We'll see though.
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. Thank you. - The Community
    All my PSD files are at: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d3d2f1779750f22c8c9e7c56ba37815fbf0a0e44734691ce
    See my templates at http://www.dcorti.com/TETemplates/
    I agree about Oni but there is a difference. Akuma is not central to the plot. Not only that, he's not going around saving the world by defeated whatever villain. That's what Ryu does. It's like how Civil War(comic and movie) didn't have Thor and Hulk in it. Such powerhouses that whatever side they were on would win. They got removed to make it fair. Shin Ryu is ridiculously powerful. Besting Gill by himself and with ease? Good luck Bison.

I agree about Oni but there is a difference. Akuma is not central to the plot. Not only that, he's not going around saving the world by defeated whatever villain. That's what Ryu does. It's like how Civil War(comic and movie) didn't have Thor and Hulk in it. Such powerhouses that whatever side they were on would win. They got removed to make it fair. Shin Ryu is ridiculously powerful. Besting Gill by himself and with ease? Good luck Bison.

I'd like to see a story arch leaving out the god tier characters for a while. Something like codi entering a tournament that pits him against fighters like balrog,fei long that kind of power level. Having to save some kids of something forcing him to be the hero again at least for a short time. Leave the dragonball z power level guys for the next big story
    The last issue of the bonus story in issue 12 has me hyped for next year!!!
  • martinitolovemartinitolove Joined: Posts: 224
    Guys, in the Free Comic Book Day issue is a panel with male fighters beeing massaged, one is in a hot tub and one is behind a chaving dish. Are these guys from Final Fight 2? They look somehow familiar...
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,062 mod
    Guys, in the Free Comic Book Day issue is a panel with male fighters beeing massaged, one is in a hot tub and one is behind a chaving dish. Are these guys from Final Fight 2? They look somehow familiar...

I haven't gotten the Street Fighter Free Comic Book Day issue for 3 years now. My LCS in New York City just doesn't get them on Free Comic Book Day for whatever reason.

124»