USF4: Sakura
SF3 Third Strike: Sean
KI: Orchid
Tekken 6: Asuka

Follow @ MissKanzuki on Twitter!

Comments

• RocketUppercutRocketUppercut "You have no dignity." Joined: Posts: 628
    edited January 2016
    Hey this is pretty good. Looking forward to the finished product. Is there any particular con you're taking this to?
    "Rocket Uppercut!! It strikes the heavens in unequaled glory!"
  • SapphireSapphire Joined: Posts: 45
    Thanks, I had planned on going to Kumite in Tennessee but my job changed so I am now trying to get to Winter Brawl in Philly. I do compete here in Louisville at local tournaments, so I may get it wear it then.
    I warned you I'd be back....lol
    SFV: MissKanzuki (CFN)

Mains/Others:
    MKX: Kitana (main), Kung Lao

edited January 2016
    Sapphire wrote: »
    Thanks, I had planned on going to Kumite in Tennessee but my job changed so I am now trying to get to Winter Brawl in Philly. I do compete here in Louisville at local tournaments, so I may get it wear it then.

Very nice. I suppose a fighting game tourney is more appropriate for a cosplay like this. Is that you as Kitana in your profile picture?

Very nice. Is that you as Kitana in your profile picture?

Yep! Been a fan of hers since she debuted in the series :)

Mains/Others:

I dont know if thats you in your avatar, but are you going to dye your hair blonde?

Yea it's me, but I am going to wear a blonde cosplay wig I found online, it is her exact hairstyle to a tee.

Mains/Others:

• Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,192
    Looks great, can't wait to see the end result.

I still remember when my Uncle gave me his copies of Mortal Kombat II and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo for SNES. The good ol' days. I always thought the ninja chicks were pretty cool but my favorite will always be Kung Lao.

If you have a cosplay page on Facebook or something I'd follow it. I always like to support up-and-comers in that type of hobby. Especially since you cosplay fighting game characters those are usually my favorites.
    Awesome! @RocketUppercut here is my FB album of all pics, there were too many to post here lol
    Street Fighter 5 Karin Cosplay Project Album

Mains/Others:

• ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 821
    I dont know if thats you in your avatar, but are you going to dye your hair blonde?

Yea it's me, but I am going to wear a blonde cosplay wig I found online, it is her exact hairstyle to a tee.

My wife is putting together a Karin outfit as well. Might I ask where you got the wig from?
    Awesome! @RocketUppercut here is my FB album of all pics, there were too many to post here lol
    Street Fighter 5 Karin Cosplay Project Album

I'll have to check this out when I get home. Fuck web filters at work. So glad SRK is still fair game here.
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 623
    If all else fails you can put on a feathered hat and a stache then do your best hook impersonation, "bring me Peter pan!"
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
    Reiraku wrote: »

My wife is putting together a Karin outfit as well. Might I ask where you got the wig from?

Hi, here is the exact one I bought: Blonde Spiral Cosplay Wig

Mains/Others:

• ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 821
    Outstanding. Thank you so much. I can't wait to see it completed.
  • Max_The_ScrublordMax_The_Scrublord Joined: Posts: 204

It looks great, I can tell you're passionate about the character!
    NeloVergil wrote: »
    -insert inappropriate comment- come at me @d3v #SwiftRage

Also, I know d3v is a mod but is d3v like the main mod or what?

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,879

Since 1993 when it came out in the arcades?
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »

Since 1993 when it came out in the arcades?

Lol yea it's true I'm THAT damn old! I was 9 when she debuted and very much a character loyalist :)

Mains/Others:

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,395
    So why is this in the SF5 forum, again?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I'm a gamer first and foremost :)
    Add KGA_Sapphire to get in some USF4 or MKX games until SFV comes out.

Mains/Others:

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,879
    The fighting games should have non-playable secret characters like Jade and Smoke in MKII
  • ascensionXascensionX Joined: Posts: 404
    this is coming along rather nicely
    Support the Ascension X Project https://facebook.com/AscensionX2013 and follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/chrissanders3
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,247
    ascensionX wrote: »

The costume is really accurate. Honestly, she just needs to get the laugh down at this point.
    edited January 2016
    ascensionX wrote: »

The costume is really accurate. Honestly, she just needs to get the laugh down at this point.

Funny you say that because I planned to do a short snippet vid of me doing the laugh lol
    It will take several tries because every time I do it I bust out laughing xD I CANT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!

Mains/Others:

• RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,863
    edited January 2016
    Karin doesn't show any cleavage tho. I guess the other part of her top would cover it up. Not that I'm complaining or anything.
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    One thing about cosplay folks you have fill out the parameters well. I seen a skinny Mika I didn't look twice. For Karen you gotta have the lower body just right or it won't look that great unless the costume is on some next level design status.
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,208 mod
    I will break this into 2 parts.

Thirsty Comment: Looks great to me. Not even really concerning the costume. Even if you forget the costume just come on by to Winter Brawl any way.

Standard Comment: Pretty cool you're going to be one of the first Karin cosplayers. I know you had another gamer name before and used to be on RL. Hope you're enjoying your new clan/sponsor and I'm looking to get rid of my clan also since they seem pretty defunct. I'm pretty much going all SFV now so good to see you'll be playing too. Winter Brawl looks to be the first official SFV major so I'll see ya there and hit you up on FB later.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited January 2016
    Karin doesn't show any cleavage tho. I guess the other part of her top would cover it up. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

My final design won't shown any either. That was just the before pic when I first got the blazer. Honestly I think that is part of why no one is rushing to cosplay her. Look how quick the Laura ones popped up and she hadn't even been confirmed at the time. Karin had been revealed, and playable in Beta and still nothing. It's as if she isn't seen as sexy enough to garner attention to even to bother. You can be sexy and covered up. Watch. ;)
    I will break this into 2 parts.

Thirsty Comment: Looks great to me. Not even really concerning the costume. Even if you forget the costume just come on by to Winter Brawl any way.

Standard Comment: Pretty cool you're going to be one of the first Karin cosplayers. I know you had another gamer name before and used to be on RL. Hope you're enjoying your new clan/sponsor and I'm looking to get rid of my clan also since they seem pretty defunct. I'm pretty much going all SFV now so good to see you'll be playing too. Winter Brawl looks to be the first official SFV major so I'll see ya there and hit you up on FB later.

Hey! Long time no see! Thanks, and Yea I'm in Kinetic Clan now and a member of KGA offline. Even YOMI ForeverKing came to Kinetic as well but can only rep YOMI due to sponsorship.

Mains/Others:

edited January 2016
    melflomil wrote: »
    One thing about cosplay folks you have fill out the parameters well. I seen a skinny Mika I didn't look twice. For Karen you gotta have the lower body just right or it won't look that great unless the costume is on some next level design status.

You only need to do that if you're going to be some sort of professional model. If you're just some fan making a costume then you could look nothing like the character body-wise and still make a pretty cool costume.

That being said, if people want to cosplay as specific characters because they know they can look similarly enough then that's fine too.
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    That's what I said... Guess I need to learn how to make my post Crystal clear.
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,395

My final design won't shown any either. That was just the before pic when I first got the blazer. Honestly I think that is part of why no one is rushing to cosplay her. Look how quick the Laura ones popped up and she hadn't even been confirmed at the time. Karin had been revealed, and playable in Beta and still nothing. It's as if she isn't seen as sexy enough to garner attention to even to bother. You can be sexy and covered up. Watch. ;)

One word - thirst. That's literally the only reason why girls rushed to cosplay Laura, because they knew they'd be getting that Max CPM, just because of how Laura's design is structured in the, ehm, upper body part of the "costume"
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,208 mod
    Yeah Karin has surprisingly thick/toned legs for a Japanese fighting game girl. Should work out fine for you.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH