Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• ToshinToshin Joined: Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sorry I meant the techblog..the tip didn't help @Darksakul sadly... :s ( trying not to derail the thread or anything )
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> capcom's new policy is no criticizing anything
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,307
    I'm looking into it now. I think the amount of traffic is killing my VPS :)
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,747
    edited January 2016
    2016 Product of the Year.

This Gen's Cthulhu, easily. <3 U Zippy!

I'm seriously debating gutting my FC4/360 dual mod for this, and grabbing one to throw into my Saulabi as well.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,183

I'm seriously debating gutting my FC4/360 dual mod for this, and grabbing one to throw into my Saulabi as well.

Still gonna want a Cthulhu if you care for the oldies though.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,165
    About time something like this got made. Akishop has been woefully in the dark regarding updating the ps360+ to work like this. Maybe this will light a fire under their ass and we'll get some good competition among pcb manufacturers. Lol
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• ThrowYouThrowYou Joined: Posts: 62
    Hi @Jasen Hicks Can please you post your findings in the thread? the link doesn't seem to work.
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 427
    edited January 2016
    removed
    Post edited by Dubon on
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    lol so much for website traffic
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 427
    Hmmm, i guess ill remove..
  • triple_leitriple_lei Fan of green-mouthed Zangief Joined: Posts: 98
    L3 and R3 support is cool. That was the one advantage my HRAP3 had over my TE w/ Kitty. Now I'll just need a modder.

Exciting times, people!
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,967
    Smashbro29 wrote: »

I have 3 MCCthulhus. That is nary a problem.

Dual-Mod, Dual-Mod, Dual-Mod!!!
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 999
    PRE-ORDER Special Pricing: $79.99
    Will the price change after the pre-order phase is over?
  • AkshenAkshen Joined: Posts: 63
    Goes up by 10$
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,818
    We may have "surprise" coming in Feb....
    Smashbro29 wrote: »

I have 3 MCCthulhus. That is nary a problem.

www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
  • Tofu WarriorTofu Warrior Today is close Joined: Posts: 1,149
    So then this board is just objectively better than the Brook Super Converter?
  • springmanspringman Joined: Posts: 19
    I'm new to soldering ... actually I am about to put a pair of MCCs in my Sega Saturn HSS for all my classic consoles.
    May I ask if I can solder a MMC to the 20-pin connector on this Brook Universal Fighting Board, so I run my PS3/PS4/XB360/XBONE through Brook's USB and all oldies through MCC's RJ45, without a switch?
    Thanks ...
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,508
    Not sure about the 20-pin connector part, but as long as both boards have VCC, GND and inputs connected, you can have two separate outgoing cables connected to respective boards, eliminating the need for a switch. You only need a switch if both boards have the same cable outlets and you want everything going out to a single cable. @PresidentCamacho did something similar by connecting a Cthulhu to a Wii U TE and keeping the Wii cable while having another cable be the outlet for the Cthulhu. Just don't plug in both cables simultaneously or you'll fry your boards.
  • rumble1212rumble1212 Joined: Posts: 62
    edited January 2016
    Akshen wrote: »
    Goes up by 10$
    Nevermind the question.

Lol
  • AmerikaAmerika Something witty here. Joined: Posts: 414
    Good info Jasen and thanks for posting it here since your supergun site is currently borked.
    rumble1212 wrote: »
    Akshen wrote: »
    Goes up by 10$
    any confirmation on this increase?

It's right there on ArcadeShock lol
    bfe958bb3215dcf5d845b02835c8f625.png
  • freelanderfreelander Joined: Posts: 56
    I'd like to mod my Hori RAP VX SA Kai X360 stick with this. Can you tell me what cables do I need to buy besides the PCB. Thanks.
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,818
    Gummo wrote: »
    I feel like an old man... back in my days we had to padhack each system...soldering up and down both pcb sides...and we liked it that way!

don't forget... in the snow, while the dessert sun was beating down on you!
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    @Gummo when you done rocking out at KIT, how much have you messed with installs with it at this point? :)
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,506
    Toshin wrote: »
    @Gummo when you done rocking out at KIT, how much have you messed with installs with it at this point? :)

I haven't touched one yet.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    well hurry up already geez :)
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
    edited January 2016
    So then this board is just objectively better than the Brook Super Converter?

Its one less thing processing inputs.
    freelander wrote: »
    I'd like to mod my Hori RAP VX SA Kai X360 stick with this. Can you tell me what cables do I need to buy besides the PCB. Thanks.

Probably none. You should be able to remove the existing board and cut/strip the wires connected to it for the Lever and buttons and connect it to this boards screw terminals.

Amerika wrote: »
    Good info Jasen and thanks for posting it here since your supergun site is currently borked.

No problems. Three days and they still haven't fixed it!

Also, I think a few folks are doing installs when they arrive and plan on taping it. I plan on upgrading at least one NON-PANZER with these boards. I'll film it and create a video so everyone sees just how easy this is.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • RedTag14RedTag14 Joined: Posts: 107
    This board looks awesome! I'd love to put it inside a HORI Fighting Edge. Would this be able to use the touch panel and/or the LED trim?
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 999
    edited January 2016
    RedTag14 wrote: »
    This board looks awesome! I'd love to put it inside a HORI Fighting Edge. Would this be able to use the touch panel and/or the LED trim?
    LEDs yes, start/select on touch panel, yes. Rest of the touchpanel functions (tournament lock, button re-assignments, etc.) no, only the Hori PCB can do it.
  • BelegormBelegorm Too Cool For You Joined: Posts: 277
    This may sound like a dumb question but... would this thing work with a Hitbox? I just got one of the new PS4 ones, but realised that I'm still going to be playing 3S on 360 for the foreseeable future. I know that the specs list "SOCD cleaning" but would it function exactly like a hitbox is supposed to?

Also another dumb question, would this work with one of those consolised ST CPS2 boards? With the aforementioned Hitbox I didn't get anything.

I have weird needs, I like the idea of playing without a stick, but while I'm personally planning on going way into SFV on PS4 most of my friends plan on continuing playing ST and 3S like they always have. Maybe in the long run I'll buy a PS3/360 Hitbox if the modding idea doesn't work.
    This is where you list the characters for games you may or may not play!
    Belegorm wrote: »
    This may sound like a dumb question but... would this thing work with a Hitbox?

Yes
  • h0taruh0taru Joined: Posts: 22
    Also another dumb question, would this work with one of those consolised ST CPS2 boards? With the aforementioned Hitbox I didn't get anything.

My unqualified opinion is that it likely will as the UD-CPS2 has native support for PS3 and XBOX 360 controls. Might want to ask Mr. Grissom if he wouldn't mind doing an optest.

勝負じゃ!
    I can test mine with one of my UD-USB. I think the first answer is MAYBE. It depends on what the Brook sees the decoder as. If it sees it as a PS3 compatible port, it will work. I know my HORI FC4 works fine in PS3 mode, and not properly in PS4 mode (one input is always triggered).

There any tutorial out there for idiots like myself on how you would replace a PCB like this? I have zero soldering skills, at that point I'd have to look for modders in my area.
    The board is pretty much solder free. The only thing you might need to solder would be the USB cable, but you can easily replace it with a USB A-B cable.
  • SudetenSudeten Think back, pilgrim Joined: Posts: 218
    There any tutorial out there for idiots like myself on how you would replace a PCB like this? I have zero soldering skills, at that point I'd have to look for modders in my area.

to install this all you need is a mini flathead screw driver and maybe a wire stripper. you can buy prestripped wires from some arcade part providers if you dont wanna salvage them from your original sticks' pcb
  • Digital-Digital- TRVP LORD Joined: Posts: 2,216
    QAFsuADkD9BvLBcS7vCH3cXG4iaWNkwqIA_G9mToeNNKeyauWb6zNAAawwQX9Q_0g2Uqmc1hzVMtrmtkAI8y-AOiGyBFm39GP8ZuShY48qbS6sM6ANS3X_iLUPkCldQHSAFOA1TT6qLCXk8XSO62RYJCloSt6b_9_MKaC-MvDcHJ6jAkdq3bUzbP0jAwdFVYVxbmWNzOtCe866YwRdJtRtH8BphG1gAwWOpi0W1GuRJtIgsyB3p7npwDM-c-XuctKou6IJg_O3EVthYt95k2rgoiYVYYYqk22Ycm5oe2uDi385C-cLsIs4yCW7_ibsSveKzDR49Vi7b1HD0tGSB_xhWOZa1gcTyYv9-QW1EOQlnCcDxpFKfB-eAHRyomXVZdB_9OGE6TBkhz9lMwX-a2IxzjRpxPbry9m3rqtsThT6slItLMyct-dB-MQaQExQStxQom4WGFa_fAd9e4E4qv4g1P1p85vvJS81wikPjAffrwWrRQD8Mhp8cM668fR4RedkkxW89e9xYByEiiPBrkAfFUafrRn-txBPGzqHMwilX92CASg9JigHRX80VEWj74RtQS=w372-h293-no

Wish it came with the connectors for these player LEDs and the DP/LT/RT switch, then id be able to fully use every button on my og VLX with no type of soldering needed. I guess I'll have to learn how to solder now..... this board is too good to pass on.
    I got a job with the mob making G's, doing some pick-ups, deliveries and transporting keys.
  • parrythelightningparrythelightning Joined: Posts: 10
    Hello,

Will the firmware be open source? I have not enjoyed editing assembly code to remap buttons or change SOCD behavior on other boards.
    I doubt it, It doesn't make any sense for them to make their firmware open source as many have proven that open source equals exploited for their needs. It was not advertised as such and doesn't make sense from a business perspective imho.

• parrythelightningparrythelightning Joined: Posts: 10
    I mean, it's still simple to edit it to do whatever you want, it's just a pain in the ass. Are they concerned with knock-off boards being sold or something?
    I certainly would be. It's been done before.

This may sound like a dumb question but... would this thing work with a Hitbox?

Yes

Additionally, would it handle the Up input (giving more priority), properly like a Hitbox? For example, in USF4 with Guile, you can hold the Down button, then while still holding it, hit K and Up and you'll get a flash kick, without needing to release the Down button.

And does the SOCD cleaning work in the same way as on a Hitbox?
    edited January 2016
    There's no way for us to know since it's not even out yet lol. Ask @GOGO.Zippy
    Post edited by BolSadguy on
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 2016
    site says in stock..ready to ship ??
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,028
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    how much and when is it ready to ship??

ETA: the first week of February
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sounds good, could use something hassle free. almost ordered that crono stuff but this one looks like a better solution for all next gen consoles.
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward