Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 549
    edited January 2016
    Here are my tech details that I found while doing analysis on the board:

http://www.thesupergun.com/electrical/brook-universal-fighting-board-technical-findings/

Thanks Jasen - added to main post!

Post edited by jonyfraze on
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • SuperkingSuperking dat mooney dolemite Joined: Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is this updatable via firmware to say support older consoles like the PS360+?
    DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
    Superking: lol
    DS: julia chang for life
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,067
    How easily will this fit into a Mad Catz SE shell? YEs, I use one of those (modded with Sanwa parts, obviously) as my stick of choice, as I find it fits in my lap better, and I'd be interested if this was a drop-in-and-go solution.
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,353
    http://www.thesupergun.com/electrical/brook-universal-fighting-board-technical-findings/
    Superking wrote: »
    Is this updatable via firmware to say support older consoles like the PS360+?

Please take a look at the tech writeup I did. The short answer is NO. It is a USB device only. Older things like Dreamcast, PS2, NES, SNES, etc. need more than the 2 datelines which USB provides. PS360+ did some electronic wizardry using extra pins on the uP of the board to make legacy support work. The Brook UFB doesn't.
    Tiberious wrote: »
    How easily will this fit into a Mad Catz SE shell? YEs, I use one of those (modded with Sanwa parts, obviously) as my stick of choice, as I find it fits in my lap better, and I'd be interested if this was a drop-in-and-go solution.

If you can find a spot, it will work. Its the same size as a PS360+ so if you pull the stock board, and make some room you should be good to go.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • ToshinToshin Joined: Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jasen is the website not working?I can't seem to get to the url :(
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> capcom's new policy is no criticizing anything
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
    The TechBlog? Seems to be loading for me fine on this terrible Vegas hotel WiFi :)

Paradise Order Page: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/home/1658-brook-universal-fighting-board.html - Works for me.

Arcade Shock Order Page: http://arcadeshock.com/collections/brook/products/brook-universal-fighting-board-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-pc - Works for me.

2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,895
    edited January 2016
    terrible Vegas hotel WiFi
    Terrible hotel WiFi is terrible.

Both Pages loaded fine for me.
    Toshin wrote: »
    Jasen is the website not working?I can't seem to get to the url :(

@Toshin try to ether clear your DNS cashe
    http://www.wikihow.com/Refresh-DNS
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    edited January 2016
    werid I get some crazy xml error can't get it to load :|
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
    I didn't see you made a new post when I edited mine, @Toshin
    Try to refresh your DNS cashe

The link on how is on previous post
    sorry I meant the techblog..the tip didn't help @Darksakul sadly... :s ( trying not to derail the thread or anything )
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
    I'm looking into it now. I think the amount of traffic is killing my VPS :)

• Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,793
    edited January 2016
    2016 Product of the Year.

This Gen's Cthulhu, easily. <3 U Zippy!

I'm seriously debating gutting my FC4/360 dual mod for this, and grabbing one to throw into my Saulabi as well.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,192

I'm seriously debating gutting my FC4/360 dual mod for this, and grabbing one to throw into my Saulabi as well.

Still gonna want a Cthulhu if you care for the oldies though.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,201
    About time something like this got made. Akishop has been woefully in the dark regarding updating the ps360+ to work like this. Maybe this will light a fire under their ass and we'll get some good competition among pcb manufacturers. Lol
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• ThrowYouThrowYou Joined: Posts: 64
    Hi @Jasen Hicks Can please you post your findings in the thread? the link doesn't seem to work.
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 491
    edited January 2016
    removed
    Post edited by Dubon on
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    lol so much for website traffic
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 491
    Hmmm, i guess ill remove..
  • triple_leitriple_lei Fan of green-mouthed Zangief Joined: Posts: 100
    L3 and R3 support is cool. That was the one advantage my HRAP3 had over my TE w/ Kitty. Now I'll just need a modder.

Exciting times, people!
    Smashbro29 wrote: »

I have 3 MCCthulhus. That is nary a problem.

Dual-Mod, Dual-Mod, Dual-Mod!!!
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 999
    PRE-ORDER Special Pricing: $79.99
    Will the price change after the pre-order phase is over?
  • AkshenAkshen Joined: Posts: 63
    Goes up by 10$
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    We may have "surprise" coming in Feb....
    Smashbro29 wrote: »

I have 3 MCCthulhus. That is nary a problem.

www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
  • Tofu WarriorTofu Warrior Today is close Joined: Posts: 1,149
    So then this board is just objectively better than the Brook Super Converter?
  • springmanspringman Joined: Posts: 19
    I'm new to soldering ... actually I am about to put a pair of MCCs in my Sega Saturn HSS for all my classic consoles.
    May I ask if I can solder a MMC to the 20-pin connector on this Brook Universal Fighting Board, so I run my PS3/PS4/XB360/XBONE through Brook's USB and all oldies through MCC's RJ45, without a switch?
    Thanks ...
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,588
    Not sure about the 20-pin connector part, but as long as both boards have VCC, GND and inputs connected, you can have two separate outgoing cables connected to respective boards, eliminating the need for a switch. You only need a switch if both boards have the same cable outlets and you want everything going out to a single cable. @PresidentCamacho did something similar by connecting a Cthulhu to a Wii U TE and keeping the Wii cable while having another cable be the outlet for the Cthulhu. Just don't plug in both cables simultaneously or you'll fry your boards.
  • rumble1212rumble1212 Joined: Posts: 62
    edited January 2016
    Akshen wrote: »
    Goes up by 10$
    Nevermind the question.

Lol
  • AmerikaAmerika Something witty here. Joined: Posts: 415
    Good info Jasen and thanks for posting it here since your supergun site is currently borked.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,588
    rumble1212 wrote: »
    Akshen wrote: »
    Goes up by 10$
    any confirmation on this increase?

It's right there on ArcadeShock lol
    bfe958bb3215dcf5d845b02835c8f625.png
  • freelanderfreelander Joined: Posts: 56
    I'd like to mod my Hori RAP VX SA Kai X360 stick with this. Can you tell me what cables do I need to buy besides the PCB. Thanks.
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    Gummo wrote: »
    I feel like an old man... back in my days we had to padhack each system...soldering up and down both pcb sides...and we liked it that way!

don't forget... in the snow, while the dessert sun was beating down on you!
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    @Gummo when you done rocking out at KIT, how much have you messed with installs with it at this point? :)
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,507
    Toshin wrote: »
    @Gummo when you done rocking out at KIT, how much have you messed with installs with it at this point? :)

I haven't touched one yet.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    well hurry up already geez :)
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
    edited January 2016
    So then this board is just objectively better than the Brook Super Converter?

Its one less thing processing inputs.
    freelander wrote: »
    I'd like to mod my Hori RAP VX SA Kai X360 stick with this. Can you tell me what cables do I need to buy besides the PCB. Thanks.

Probably none. You should be able to remove the existing board and cut/strip the wires connected to it for the Lever and buttons and connect it to this boards screw terminals.

Amerika wrote: »
    Good info Jasen and thanks for posting it here since your supergun site is currently borked.

No problems. Three days and they still haven't fixed it!

Also, I think a few folks are doing installs when they arrive and plan on taping it. I plan on upgrading at least one NON-PANZER with these boards. I'll film it and create a video so everyone sees just how easy this is.