Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• FeiWrongFeiWrong Joined: Posts: 358
    edited July 2016
    I updated it again, still getting it. Very strange.

It's an 8 minute time out, or at least 8-10 minute.
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    edited July 2016
    *edit* nvm. People are getting 8 min time out with the converters too.
    Was this a time delayed "time bomb" timeout? After Evo, Sony somehow made the converters and USB board timeout since Evo is done?

Ok I sent a PM to the brook engineers, if we need a firmware update.
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 529
    No timeouts for me. I was playing just a few hours ago.
    Can you check again? Maybe 'a few hours ago' the update which made it happen didn't start happening yet.
    Everyone with the converters and the boards is getting timeouts now.
    It's even in the ps3.ps4 fightboard thread.

Please check again, @Clandestine
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 529
    Wont be able to check again until sometime tomorrow, but i will once i get the chance
  • shura30shura30 Joined: Posts: 55
    edited July 2016
    came here to check if someone else was having troubles with some kind of timeouts, not a mistake apparently
    played ok this morning for long sessions, tonight it's a pain with disconnects every few minutes
    I didn't have the june update, did it now, no changes..playing mkx on ps4
  • RYU81RYU81 Joined: Posts: 14
    me too after upgrade to fw 1.5.1 I got 8 mins dc.
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,849
    edited July 2016
    Brook is currently on the case!

And when I had the chance to try out the KOFXIV demo!
  • yiggsyiggs Joined: Posts: 13 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    since timeouts are an ongoing problem :p would it be a plausible solution to get Brook boards licensed by Sony so they become 'official' like MadCatz controllers?

Too expensive?
    edited July 2016
    What is the PS4 version and adapter/board version that is causing the timeout now?
    Because not everyone is getting the timeout but many people are?

This started around noon time?

@Jonyfraze said his UFB is not timing out.
    Anyone else?

If you ARE having 8min timeout (EVERY TIME, consistently), please post the PS4 file system version after any sort of system updating, please!

Brook needs this information.
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,096

@The Phantomnaut
    We tested demo version with UFB, it worked well..
    edited July 2016
    Falkentyne wrote: »
    What is the PS4 version and adapter/board version that is causing the timeout now?
    Because not everyone is getting the timeout but many people are?

This started around noon time?

@Jonyfraze said his UFB is not timing out.
    Anyone else?

If you ARE having 8min timeout (EVERY TIME, consistently), please post the PS4 file system version after any sort of system updating, please!

Brook needs this information.

@Falkentyne and all
    Thanks..I need more information.
  • karduskardus Joined: Posts: 100
    Would love to know if some board versions are less temperamental with updates than others, since I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these.
  • ZonbiPandaZonbiPanda Joined: Posts: 73
    checking...
  • semitrysemitry Joined: Posts: 293
    Funny, just came here to check on timeouts too. It was fine during EVO, just updated SFV to latest and it starts disconnecting randomly. When it disconnects it's stuck in the last input I did and I need to reconnect it.
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,849
    edited July 2016
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

@The Phantomnaut
    We tested demo version with UFB, it worked well..
    Weird because I am encountering timeouts on the demo. :(

Edit: Since I was playing on a public PS4 unit at a boba tea house. I quickly glanced it was ver 3.55. My UFB is latest build and is dropping in SFV and KOF every time.

I wish I read more info when I was there.

Second edit: I was playing on a US PS4, plugged through Neutrik USB, also done forced PS4 mode.

I wanna be slightly joking but the UFB had trouble on the KOF units at EVO. While I can still play, I encountered disconnects, weird "cannot perform this action here" prompts and sudden PS menu screens. To be fair it was all through debug setups so compatibility wont be best obv.

I will say that I still encountered the problem even without KOF being installed. Maybe they did a stealth hotfix or a timed activation period after EVO but I don't really wanna delve to conspiracy mode.
    Post edited by The Phantomnaut on
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 556
    edited July 2016
    Guys..

For those having the reset issues:
    To help Brook pin point the issue, can you please post your exact setups?

Which Version PS4 (US, EU, JP, etc)
    Software version #
    Also how you connect your UFB to the console (neutrik / direct usb a to b / or cable soldered on)
    Any other info you deem relevant.

I personally dont seem to have any issues with any of my UFBs (I have about 5) and the P3-P4 & 360-P4 adapters.
    They were all tested on 2 different versions of US PS4s running 3.55 (older one with the touch power button and a newer one with the physical button).
    Some of my sticks have a neutrik port, some are directly soldered, some have a direct usb A to B. My VLX has a JasensCustoms EZ mod. i tested the adapter with stock ps3 and 360 pads.
    Again all working.

Maybe KOF broke it..... I haven't downloaded the beta yet.. =)

Post edited by jonyfraze on
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
    edited July 2016
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    Guys..

For those having the reset issues:
    To help Brook pin point the issue, can you please post your exact setups?

Which Version PS4 (US, EU, JP, etc)
    Software version #
    Also how you connect your UFB to the console (neutrik / direct usb a to b / or cable soldered on)
    Any other info you deem relevant.

I personally dont seem to have any issues with any of my UFBs (I have about 5) and the P3-P4 & 360-P4 adapters.
    They were all tested on 2 different versions of US PS4s running 3.55 (older one with the touch power button and a newer one with the physical button).
    Some of my sticks have a neutrik port, some are directly soldered, some have a direct usb A to B. My VLX has a JasensCustoms EZ mod. i tested the adapter with stock ps3 and 360 pads.
    Again all working.

Maybe KOF broke it..... =)

Especially the 4 pin USB connection to the UFB (either direct soldered, or presoldered UFB to a JST connector), because if you soldered, you aren't using the shield ground wire.
    So if are getting dropouts, PLEASE state how the USB cable is connected !!!

• rodrigo_maytarodrigo_mayta Joined: Posts: 3
    My Brook start to make 8 min timeout I have the PS3 to PS4 USB converter, Will be any update from Brook?

My PS4 is on 3.55 Firmware!

HELPPPP
    Wrong thread. Please post in the correct thread.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    edited July 2016
    I don't know if it's related at all, but on Evo Sunday I was playing casuals at A&C during the viewing party. My stick just froze on me holding back. The weird thing is that the stick I was using didn't have a Brook PCB, nor was I using a converter. I don't know how long it took for the disconnect to happen but I'm sure it took longer than 8 minutes. It was an HFC dual modded with an Xbox 360 PCB. I made sure the DPDT switch was set to HFC mode and the SPDT switch was set to PS4 mode. Perhaps these timeouts aren't unique to Brook devices? It hasn't happened again since that day though. This is definitely odd.
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 367
    Dear Brook players,

We've noticed the disconnection problem, and we are now trying to work things out.
    If there's any clue you think might cause this, please let me know.
    We will come out with solution soon.

Brook Team
  • Click5Click5 Joined: Posts: 53
    Had a session today, for a couple hours between roughly 4-6pm PST, no problems, hopped back on later and started getting consistent disconnects with the Brooks UFB around 745pm or so.

US PS4 3.55 firmware
    Brooks board has the latest update
    Neutrik adapter
  • el mediocreel mediocre Joined: Posts: 266
    Just hopped on to say that I'm experiencing the same thing on my PS4. Updated my board to the latest firmware just to make sure I wasn't out of date.
    edited July 2016

Especially the 4 pin USB connection to the UFB (either direct soldered, or presoldered UFB to a JST connector), because if you soldered, you aren't using the shield ground wire.
    So if are getting dropouts, PLEASE state how the USB cable is connected !!!

mine is soldered to the pcb, don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure I wired both grounds
    EU ps4
    UFB - V1.5.1-20160617
    last console update was in june
    We will release new patch file on website ...
    Please giving our a few time to test and do.

Thanks
    GOGO.Zippy
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 168
    Wild , I had no problem till about 1 1/2 hours ago. Played sfv no problem then left for ice cream for 15mins and this happened . What I'm tripping on is this happened to all all of us but at different times . I BELIEVE IN TEAMBROOK !!!!
  • johnhandyjohnhandy Joined: Posts: 193
    I had the disconnect happen to me at Evo. It was fine on one console but disconnected between rounds on a different console. USB is soldered to the board with a Neutrik adapter in the middle; total cable length from console to board is probably 7'. Besides the different console, it happened while I was logged in with the player 2 account.
    edited July 2016
    How much do you guys want to bet this was a stealth update by Sony to break custom controllers?
    You know big brother is watching. As much as I hate to say this, either one of two things happened here:

1) The firmware was already triggered to break non-licensed controllers right after Evo, automatically, but not when 3.55 went live. (this is not likely, but you never know....)
    2) Sony uploaded a stealth patch without the user's consent or knowledge, to break non licensed controllers today, and the update went to different systems at different times.
    How much do you guys want to bet this was a stealth update by Sony to break custom controllers?
    You know big brother is watching. As much as I hate to say this, either one of two things happened here:

1) The firmware was already triggered to break non-licensed controllers right after Evo, automatically, but not when 3.55 went live. (this is not likely, but you never know....)
    2) Sony uploaded a stealth patch without the user's consent or knowledge, to break non licensed controllers today, and the update went to different systems at different times.

Tin foil hat theory but maybe not far from truth..

Before posting here I did check update history and there's nothing logged as a patch or hotfix
    I also turn off the console completely and the disconnecting started to happen right after I turned it on I the evening..I played for a few hours straight I the morning with no issue

Tin foil hat theory but maybe not far from truth..

Before posting here I did check update history and there's nothing logged as a patch or hotfix
    I also turn off the console completely and the disconnecting started to happen right after I turned it on I the evening..I played for a few hours straight I the morning with no issue
  • FeiWrongFeiWrong Joined: Posts: 358
    I'm really curious about what caused this.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    sfOmar wrote: »
    I'm really curious about what caused this.

Perhaps the latest Sony update contained a time-released or remotely activated code? It's a strange one..
  • pzlatepzlate When's Breakers Joined: Posts: 928
    edited July 2016
    e: oops wrong thread
    The latest firmware has released!
    Download and update to fix disconnection problem.
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS4/
  • JayduckyJayducky Stupid Questions---> Joined: Posts: 738

Is there a MAC download file on the way?

Step 1: Put a hole in the box.
    Jayducky wrote: »

Is there a MAC download file on the way?

coming soon