Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,183
    rcaido wrote: »
    Any plans or is it even possible for the Universal Brooks to work on the Nintendo Switch? Ultra SF2 is coming out, it would be a waste of money to just gut two arcade sticks for the pCBs.

Outside of Brook saying they'd look into it we haven't heard of anything. They are likely waiting for a wired controller to come out so they can figure out what they need to talk to the switch. If Hori's arcade stick doesn't come out soon, they may just do what they did with the Wii U and release a converter that mimics the wireless pro controller (since there were no viable wired controllers released for the wii-u).

Really interested to see if they'll be able to add Switch wired support. The HORI controllers didn't even come out yet! I thought they did at launch.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,143
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    Really interested to see if they'll be able to add Switch wired support. The HORI controllers didn't even come out yet! I thought they did at launch.

The only wrinkle would be if Nintendo makes Hori ether make the stick wireless or add a security bluetooth module ala Sony and the PS4 controllers. The worst case scenario would be a new converter. Better than dropping $150 on a Switch-only stick.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64

The only wrinkle would be if Nintendo makes Hori ether make the stick wireless or add a security bluetooth module ala Sony and the PS4 controllers. The worst case scenario would be a new converter. Better than dropping $150 on a Switch-only stick.

They have what is definitely a wired hori pro controller. Rumor has it that it's really cheap because there's no wireless functionality.

They have what is definitely a wired hori pro controller. Rumor has it that it's really cheap because there's no wireless functionality.

That wired ps4 hori controller has a bluetooth module in it to verify its a licensed peripheral. If it didn't have that it would time out every 8 minutes.

• AlBorlandAlBorland Joined: Posts: 30
    Still no luck with this update for brook firmware. Is it possible my card has the latest and that's why this is happening?
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 8
    That wired ps4 hori controller has a bluetooth module in it to verify its a licensed peripheral. If it didn't have that it would time out every 8 minutes.

Hmmm. This begs the question: how does the Brook UFB manage to stay connected to the PS4, given that it doesn't have a Bluetooth module then? And why can't a similar workaround be used for other platforms that expect Bluetooth authentication?

Post edited by ShinMagus on
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • AlBorlandAlBorland Joined: Posts: 30
    So I'm speechless...
    I tried running it again after confirming my buttons were working via an online gamepad tester. All butons were working as usual.
    I plugged it in and pressed the buttons it flashed and nothing seemed to change

Now HERES where it gets interesting. As I was clicking on the brook box to confirm i was in the patcher it then started to patch. I clicked in the lower right hand button where the "start" button was supposed to appear.
    It uploaded to the latest firmware version and told me it was successful!

So I'm updated to the latest version now!
    @GOGO.Zippy For some reason it seems the start button was not displaying itself. It was there but visually it was invisible.
    I did this on a windows 7 OS. And I just downloaded the content client again today so everything was fresh install wise when this happened.
    The good news I'm up and installed now.
    Just figured you guys would like to know its doing some weird graphical glitch.
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 318
    DivineFate wrote: »
    Hello,

I have an omni etokki, and I accidentally downloaded the wrong firmware to update it and now the etokki can't be read by any devices such has, ps3,ps4 and pc. Any possible ways of fixing this?

contact omni etokki directly for assistance

How does UFB get around that?
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 427
    Ufb does have a bt module afaik
  • ragingcyclonusragingcyclonus Joined: Posts: 27
    Dubon wrote: »
    Ufb does have a bt module afaik

No
    Madcatz TES+ (Brook PS4+audio)
    SFV/ST: Ryu
    edited May 8
    ShinMagus wrote: »

Hmmm. This begs the question: how does the Brook UFB manage to stay connected to the PS4, given that it doesn't have a Bluetooth module then? And why can't a similar workaround be used for other platforms that expect Bluetooth authentication?
    How does UFB get around that?

The Brook UFB does have that bluetooth module on there. It isn't official (if it was the UFB wouldn't need firmware updates to keep working after some PS4 updates) but the Brook team at least partially cracked the PS4 peripheral licensing system. I'm going to guess that the module currently on the UFB only works for PS4 security checks.

• NTSC_SunkenNTSC_Sunken Joined: Posts: 10
    With the upcoming Ultra SF2 on Switch, is there any news about the UFB compatibility? Thanks! ;)
  • cutejay012cutejay012 Joined: Posts: 21
    I have a few Madcatz Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade Fightstick TES Wii U Edition and I'm in the process of installing Brook UFBs in them. I'm having trouble locating the solder points on the Wii U TEs PCB to connect the home button and turbo button (for TP key maybe) to the Brook UFB. I've searched and searched and only came across one thread where someone asked for the same thing. He got comments but no answers and that was a 2-year-old thread.
    Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
    716q_NJrcx_FL_SL1500.jpg
    385712_IMG0134.jpg

936874_IMG0133.jpg

*BONUS* The solder points for the
    DP, LS, RS switch
    Player LEDs
    Would also be great!!! Any help at all. Thank you.
    My Zanbatos' name isn't important.
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,028
    edited May 13
    With the upcoming Ultra SF2 on Switch, is there any news about the UFB compatibility? Thanks! ;)

@NTSC_Sunken
    Ultra SF2 in TV mode for SW pro / joy con
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24Q3VJakhLNFMydTA/view?usp=drivesdk

Maybe support a USB Fight Stick soon via SWITCH system updated.
    edited May 13
    If ultra SF2 can support wird fighting stick, I think Brook will study
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 880
    edited May 13
    @cutejay012
    Consider swapping that home panel board for a replacement board. You'll lose LS, RS and Turbo, but you'll gain player LEDs, L3, R3, and Touchpad functions. Check the following thread for details:

MADCATZ HOME PANEL REPLACEMENT BOARD: MAKING UFB INSTALLS EZPZ

If that's still not your bag, re-ask your question HERE
  • ThomsonThomson Gosu Joined: Posts: 56
    I have the intend to put a Brook Universal PC into my old Xbox 360 Madcatz TE S case, will 8 face buttons and 2 back buttons be enough?
    So far i'd been using a PS2 Stick with the same amount of buttons in conjunction with the PS2>PS4 adapter but that one had an extra home button on
    the adapter itself.

Is it possible to program a specific combination (such as Select+Start) to the Home button on the board or anything of that sort?
    Adding another button hole would be near impossible for me and highly inconvenient.
    Ninjas can't catch you if you are on Fire !
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

@GOGO.Zippy Hori already announced a wired arcade stick for Switch

http://nintendoeverything.com/tons-of-hori-switch-accessories-leaked-zelda-tie-ins-fight-stick-more/nggallery/image/104490

GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

@GOGO.Zippy Hori already announced a wired arcade stick for Switch

http://nintendoeverything.com/tons-of-hori-switch-accessories-leaked-zelda-tie-ins-fight-stick-more/nggallery/image/104490

@Dubon
    Thanks your news.
    Unfortunately we don't know if it's wireless or wired yet :(
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,966

But thats the PS4, not the Switch.

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."

Actually we do, if look at the relevant slide it clearly sais "stick arcade filaire"

edited May 14
    Darksakul wrote: »

But thats the PS4, not the Switch.

We don't know the extent of Nintendo's peripheral security yet. We likely won't until brook gets their hands on Hori's arcade stick.

Actually we do, if look at the relevant slide it clearly sais "stick arcade filaire"

Good eye!

Thomson wrote: »
    I have the intend to put a Brook Universal PC into my old Xbox 360 Madcatz TE S case, will 8 face buttons and 2 back buttons be enough?
    So far i'd been using a PS2 Stick with the same amount of buttons in conjunction with the PS2>PS4 adapter but that one had an extra home button on
    the adapter itself.

Is it possible to program a specific combination (such as Select+Start) to the Home button on the board or anything of that sort?
    Adding another button hole would be near impossible for me and highly inconvenient.

or you may open up the cabinet if it comes to that
  • hyperheavywinghyperheavywing Joined: Posts: 25
    Okey, I got this pre-soldered version of UFB but I am still struggling to find out which goes where, I know what lever is but even on whole group set, there are more than 10 wires and I have 8 buttons, any advice which wires go where?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Breakout-Board-8-Cables-Brook-Universal-Fight-Board-Fighting/152152547987?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,034
    Hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times but does PS and Touchpad (which registers as Select/Back on older consoles) work for firmware updates?
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,305
    No, you need to use the actual SELECT button.

Jasen
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    Hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times but does PS and Touchpad (which registers as Select/Back on older consoles) work for firmware updates?

@Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0
    Touchpad keys already registers as SELECT / BACK. Please refer to look at this picture on Brook Website.

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/06960737/
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,305
    @GOGO.Zippy - he was asking if he held TOUCHPAD and PS if that would get into boot loader mode so he could update the firmware. Unless you guys changed something, you still need a SELECT button to get into bootloader for updating firmware.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,034
    @GOGO.Zippy - he was asking if he held TOUCHPAD and PS if that would get into boot loader mode so he could update the firmware. Unless you guys changed something, you still need a SELECT button to get into bootloader for updating firmware.
    Thanks. But yeah, this is what I was asking about. A button shortcut to emulate just tapping on the touchpad would also work as most PS4 fighting games use a touchpad tap to reset training mode.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
    Hey guys just a small modification for the hitbox I've made for a friend.
    I put a small slide switch on the pin 4 and 5 of J2 for enabling/disabling the SOCD. Mabe it can give you ideas:

vO65JZBm.jpg

First removing the pin and metalic part I don't need:
    MlkdSZzm.jpg

Then putting some Kapton tape on J2 holes I don't want to touch:
    7tGp210m.jpg

Soldering the switch:
    rEda22Mm.jpg

In place in the hitbox:
    ZdI15h4m.jpg

goooooood job!
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 543
    So this is missing a wire on the main harness side for the start button?

ist-top1__97711.1485654642.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 119
    edited May 22
    DEZALB wrote: »

Options is what start became on PS4. Share was formerly select.(going off dual shock layouts)
    Hey guys just a small modification for the hitbox I've made for a friend.
    I put a small slide switch on the pin 4 and 5 of J2 for enabling/disabling the SOCD. Mabe it can give you ideas:

vO65JZBm.jpg

First removing the pin and metalic part I don't need:
    MlkdSZzm.jpg

Then putting some Kapton tape on J2 holes I don't want to touch:
    7tGp210m.jpg

Soldering the switch:
    rEda22Mm.jpg

In place in the hitbox:
    ZdI15h4m.jpg

goooooood job!

@The_Real_Phoenix
    It's pretty good
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 543
    platynumx wrote: »
    DEZALB wrote: »

Options is what start became on PS4. Share was formerly select.(going off dual shock layouts)

Cool, thanks for that
  • BeMahMahMaryBeMahMahMary Joined: Posts: 25
    Is there a Brook PCB that is Xbox 360 / Xbox One only (like the PS3/PS4 only PCB)?
    edited May 22
    Nope. The aforementioned board includes native XInput anyway. You should be fine plugging it into a PC OR Xbox 360.
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • Antonio-o-oAntonio-o-o Joined: Posts: 326
    When will the Brook brand "Touch Pad" be made available? It's now present in the documentation of both the PS3/PS4 Fighting Board & PS4+Audio Fighting Board, but nowhere do I see it listed on the site.
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 131
    When will the Brook brand "Touch Pad" be made available? It's now present in the documentation of both the PS3/PS4 Fighting Board & PS4+Audio Fighting Board, but nowhere do I see it listed on the site.
    You mean this one?
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Brand-New-Brook-Touch-Pad-Board-for-to-PS4-PS3-PC-Fight-Board-Fighting-/162070564915
  • BeMahMahMaryBeMahMahMary Joined: Posts: 25
    edited May 23
    jopamo wrote: »
    Nope. The aforementioned board includes native XInput anyway. You should be fine plugging it into a PC OR Xbox 360.

I actually only wanted a screw terminal version of a Xbox One PCB. Don't really care about PC/Xbox360. The PS3/PS4 is nice since it's half the price. That's why I was asking.

But now I might be interested in getting the expensive one if they add Nintendo Switch support. Did you see 8bitdo announced on their webpage that their controllers are compatible with the Nintendo Switch. Hope that means it's coming soon to this universal board. Then I'd be interested in buying one or two PCBs.

2gtzskp.png
    Post edited by BeMahMahMary on
  • Antonio-o-oAntonio-o-o Joined: Posts: 326

Yes!! Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Is there a reason this isn't offered through their site? ..or maybe it was?

That brook touch panel appears to have the identical 10 pin ffc that powers the DS4's touch pad. Too bad the UFB doesn't have the requisite ffc receptacle.
    edited May 23
    That touchpad is a unicorn. I was actually shocked to see one in the wild, eBay or not.
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 131

Yes!! Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Is there a reason this isn't offered through their site? ..or maybe it was?

That brook touch panel appears to have the identical 10 pin ffc that powers the DS4's touch pad. Too bad the UFB doesn't have the requisite ffc receptacle.
    That touchpad is a unicorn. I was actually shocked to see one in the wild, eBay or not.

No idea, It's on eBay for a while.
    I didn't dig on it more than that since I have no interest on touchpad for what it brings on PS4's games, especially on fighting games. I'll eventually look on it if I build my own pad.

edited May 23

I actually only wanted a screw terminal version of a Xbox One PCB. Don't really care about PC/Xbox360. The PS3/PS4 is nice since it's half the price. That's why I was asking.

But now I might be interested in getting the expensive one if they add Nintendo Switch support. Did you see 8bitdo announced on their webpage that their controllers are compatible with the Nintendo Switch. Hope that means it's coming soon to this universal board. Then I'd be interested in buying one or two PCBs.

2gtzskp.png

That's a gamechanger. If 8bitdo can do it via firmware, brook devices should be able to. PLEEAAASSSEEE analyze this brook team @GOGO.Zippy @Brook_Engineer !
    Post edited by x64 on
  • theanimefan101theanimefan101 HYPE. BUTTON MASHING. SALTINESS Joined: Posts: 451
    anyone here getting the error message

Final-ckSum returned c15f (should be 42e2) not match

this is the most recent patch for the brooks UFB pcb and now it wont patch, i tried downloading the previous patch, while also replacing the usb cable (since it was getting old and had wire showing)
    it also registers my fightstick as a pokken controller and wont register on my PS4 anymore.

i tried contacting brooks and they said they would look into it but havent heard back from them for a while now, any help would be appreciated.
    Follow our group on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/groups/129209053830689/ so you can stay up to date about upcoming tournaments in wichita,ks
    anyone here getting the error message

Final-ckSum returned c15f (should be 42e2) not match

this is the most recent patch for the brooks UFB pcb and now it wont patch, i tried downloading the previous patch, while also replacing the usb cable (since it was getting old and had wire showing)
    it also registers my fightstick as a pokken controller and wont register on my PS4 anymore.

i tried contacting brooks and they said they would look into it but havent heard back from them for a while now, any help would be appreciated.

we are still trying to find out the problem, but can't find any cause...
    a reasonable cause is that the submarine cable broke, so the connection quality may be poor...
    Hori is releasing a Switch stick and gamepad in July: http://nintendoeverything.com/hori-switch-pro-controller-and-arcade-stick-being-released-in-july/

That should be everything the brook team needs if the 8bitdo thing doesn't help.
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,616
    Was there a necessary FW upgrade for the UFB in the past few months for PS4? I hadn't played SF5 on PS4 since like February, then I played it a little bit during the beta and I noticed my joystick was cutting out after what appeared to be the 8 minute timeout. I'd then have to unplug and replug it in. With the shitty matchmaking on SF5 the timing seemed to be perfect when it would cut out since I was only getting like 1 match every 8-10 minutes.