Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,088
    Dubon wrote: »
    With the current firmware?

@Dubon
    No..need a new version to upgrade
  • krist0ffkrist0ff Joined: Posts: 8
    Would someone mind posting a picture of their finished install of the brooks pcb in an eightarc if possible?
    Really curious about giving it a shot.
    Noryia wrote: »
    mangrullon wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the UFB on an xbox s yet? I wonder if they'll be able to work on scorpio/neo.

Xbox One S : Yes, I played some KI with my UFB and it works fine.

@mangrullon
    I got a XBOX One S today ... Brook UFB works fine on it.
  • vandutchvandutch Grand Master Lurker Joined: Posts: 41
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

I have the original xbox and the usb adaptor if you want me to test anything.
    XBL: DaPowerHouse
    PSN: DaPowerHouse_ CFN: DaPowerHouse
    vandutch wrote: »

I have the original xbox and the usb adaptor if you want me to test anything.

@vandutch @Mulderchen
    So Thanks to test, please look at your inbox.
  • HardcoreYorkHardcoreYork Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi guys,

I just installed my Brook PCB and for some reason 3k and 4k do not work in SFV, and then in other games I have tested none of the kick buttons work, I have tried swapping buttons with one of the punch buttons that work, re-grounding, using different crimped wires from my daisy chain and using a different single wire 3k and 4k, so basically re-wired the whole thing, but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any suggestions?
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 497
    edited August 2016
    Doesnt sound good. I would first try it on a different platform (pc/360 etc).
    You could also try soldering to one of the alterantive points on the 20pin header solderpoints.
    If none of that works id ask for an rma.
    Hi guys,

I just installed my Brook PCB and for some reason 3k and 4k do not work in SFV, and then in other games I have tested none of the kick buttons work, I have tried swapping buttons with one of the punch buttons that work, re-grounding, using different crimped wires from my daisy chain and using a different single wire 3k and 4k, so basically re-wired the whole thing, but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any suggestions?

@HardcoreYork
    Bad message...

Please follow @Dubon talking. Please try soldering on 20 pin header (J9).

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/06960737/#cont3
  • Antonio-o-oAntonio-o-o Joined: Posts: 331
    Does this board have any touchpad support? Not the touchpad button, but the actual touchpad itself. I couldn't find documentation on what the function of the "J2" pinouts are specifically; is it for touchpad support?
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,608
    Does this board have any touchpad support? Not the touchpad button, but the actual touchpad itself. I couldn't find documentation on what the function of the "J2" pinouts are specifically; is it for touchpad support?
    Vicko wrote: »
    It's for the touch pad tracking which the firmware update has not yet been released
    @SHSL_Street_Fighter
    You're doing god's work.
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 367
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience for firmware download during these two days.
    The problem has already been fixed, so you can download firmware and do update now.

Brook Team
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 257
    That looks really nice. Looking forward to the video.
  • Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 173
    Wow, very impressive. I'd love to see those in action.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,264
    Hey everyone.
    I've finished 2 small boards for an easy upgrade on Madcatz TE/SE/SFXT sticks for the Brook universal board universal:

I'm currently preparing videos of those. :)

Please let us know when you've posted those videos
  • MichaelVash7886MichaelVash7886 Joined: Posts: 10
    Anyone know if I could put this into a hitbox controller? I don't see why I couldn't but wanted to ask.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,608
    Anyone know if I could put this into a hitbox controller? I don't see why I couldn't but wanted to ask.

Yes

yes, you can
  • SiryxSiryx Joined: Posts: 14
    edited September 2016
    have anyone ever mod the PS3 Hori Fighting Edge with the Brook Universal Fighting Board or with the Brook PS3/PS4 Fight Board PCBA, without losing the panel buttons and leds bars? @Brook_Engineer I want to buy the PCB, but not sure how to wire the touch panel.
  • sasquachsasquach Joined: Posts: 369
    Siryx wrote: »
    have anyone ever mod the PS3 Hori Fighting Edge with the Brook Universal Fighting Board or with the Brook PS3/PS4 Fight Board PCBA, without losing the panel buttons and leds bars? @Brook_Engineer I want to buy the PCB, but not sure how to wire the touch panel.

It is definitely possible! The touch pad is a bit trickier, but with a multimeter it is possible.
    "I'm just nice" -Harry Potter

@Siryx

The Brook PS3/PS4 Fight Board PCBA supports Brook's touch panel, refer to those pictures to connect.
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/58690501/
  • SiryxSiryx Joined: Posts: 14
    edited September 2016

@Siryx

The Brook PS3/PS4 Fight Board PCBA supports Brook's touch panel, refer to those pictures to connect.

I'm talking about the Fighting Edge touch pad, the panel have start, select, config and block buttons. I think the original PCB of my fightstick dies, so I'm looking for a replacement.

I read somewhere that you need some resistors and diodes but not sure where to put those.

I really want to fix my fightstick.
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,830

@Siryx

I'm talking about the Fighting Edge touch pad, the panel have start, select, config and block buttons. I think the original PCB of my fightstick dies, so I'm looking for a replacement.

I read somewhere that you need some resistors and diodes but not sure where to put those.

I really want to fix my fightstick.

You don't need the original PCB, just the panel.
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    I'm a bit confused. Does the TPKey double as the "Select" button? In the documentation I see that the TPKey is labeled as " Touchpad Key | Select | Back | 'PS4 Options Symbol' ". So if in fact this button does act as a multitude of substitutions, is it really 4 buttons in 1? I plan on wiring the the actual "Turbo" button on my TE to be that the TPKey, but if I can substitute my "Select/Back" button to that of this 3-or-4-in-1, then I'll do that, and I can keep "Turbo" as "Turbo" via the UFB.
    I'm a bit confused. Does the TPKey double as the "Select" button? In the documentation I see that the TPKey is labeled as " Touchpad Key | Select | Back | 'PS4 Options Symbol' ". So if in fact this button does act as a multitude of substitutions, is it really 4 buttons in 1? I plan on wiring the the actual "Turbo" button on my TE to be that the TPKey, but if I can substitute my "Select/Back" button to that of this 3-or-4-in-1, then I'll do that, and I can keep "Turbo" as "Turbo" via the UFB.

@Antonio-o-o
    TP key is outputting four keys on four consoles
    Touchpad on PS4
    Select on PS3
    Back on 360
    Double square on Xboxone
  • KarurauatsuureiKarurauatsuurei Joined: Posts: 4
    edited September 2016
    Can the UFB be used to replace the stock PCB in the Hori V3 SA (for PS3), to have it work with my PS4?

Does this require soldering, and is there something similar to an EZ MOD for the V3 SA that I can use to make it easier?
    Can the UFB be used to replace the stock PCB in the Hori V3 SA (for PS3), to have it work with my PS4?

Does this require soldering, and is there something similar to an EZ MOD for the V3 SA that I can use to make it easier?

yes

Yes you can (freshly uploaded, don't laught to my accent):

no E in Brook homie
    it's on the pcb and the box
    better reupload
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol

yes
    yes
    no

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 199
    Vicko wrote: »

no E in Brook homie
    it's on the pcb and the box
    better reupload

Ha crap. I'm making the mistake all the time. Just the thumbnail to re-upload.
  • HardcoreYorkHardcoreYork Joined: Posts: 2
    So I have tried soldering on J9 on my old UFB and that did not work, then I contacted Brook and received a replacement board. Unfortunately now I have a similar issue in that 4K is not working. I have done the exact same process as last time using newly shipped buttons and wires and it still does not work :bawling: any suggestions?
  • AmedoS310AmedoS310 Joined: Posts: 121
    Heads up. New PS4 firmware, 4.00, release tomorrow.
    Same roles, different actors.
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 167
    Damn Sony! Why must they rain on our parade !
  • karduskardus Joined: Posts: 100
    edited September 2016
    Another controller-only tech unavailable to brook users due to no alternative SOCD options and L+R always being forced neutral :(
    Post edited by kardus on
    So I have tried soldering on J9 on my old UFB and that did not work, then I contacted Brook and received a replacement board. Unfortunately now I have a similar issue in that 4K is not working. I have done the exact same process as last time using newly shipped buttons and wires and it still does not work :bawling: any suggestions?

learn how to solder :p

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • ChishChish Joined: Posts: 9
    I saw that Desk video too -- any chance we can get firmware that will let us toggle horizontal SOCD? Or just firmware with it off?
  • karduskardus Joined: Posts: 100
    edited September 2016
    Chish wrote: »
    I saw that Desk video too -- any chance we can get firmware that will let us toggle horizontal SOCD? Or just firmware with it off?

I mentioned this months/weeks back and many other people have asked too. They mentioned having more than one firmware version would be too hard to maintain for them which is understandable but I don't know why they can't just add something like this to the firmware with some key combo to toggle it...seems like it would be simple enough to do. There's no currently competitive games on any of the consoles that brook supports that suffers from SOCD exploits, meaning there's no chance of the brook pcb being disallowed at tournaments so there's no reason not to give us this feature.