Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 171
    Dubon wrote: »
    That looks really nice. Looking forward to the video.
    Finest_KO wrote: »
    Wow, very impressive. I'd love to see those in action.
    jopamo wrote: »
    Please let us know when you've posted those videos

As promised here's the video for the Madcatz:

The one about the PDP should be up soon.
    Cheers,

I hope everything works out and you can produce enough to sell. I'd be very interested in picking one up.

Thanks! I sold some PCBs from my proto batch here, and I'm waiting people feedbacks.
    There are also some people in the comments of the vids who are interested.
    If I run a commercial batch I'll run a 20pcs one. I could run a 50pcs but I'm not sure if I could sell so much. This is a niche product for a niche market after all.
    I'm targetting something like 10$ USD for a full kit (PCB ready to go + all the harness) but it depends of the price I can get all the parts and PCB.
    I wish I could make a post in the Trading section but I don't have enought posts yet.

Where are you located?

Montréal, QC, Canada.
    Why?
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 488
    For shipping, i assumed you would be in France actually
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 171
    Ha ha ha ^^ My fabulous french accent, I suppose? I'm french though, but living in Canada. ;)
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,055
    kardus wrote: »
    undamned wrote: »
    Agent_X wrote: »
    I am planning on building or buy a supergun. Does the ufb work with the undamned usb decoder?

Yeah, it works. Just force the UFB into X360 or PS3 mode. I have not officially released XBONE/PS4 firmware yet and the UFB defaults to PS4 when connected to the decoders.
    -ud

I noticed with some PS3 controllers (including brook ufb) the encoder mixes up 2K and 3K, so I have to manually bind my stick every time I plug in. Is there any way to get around this with an update?

@kardus
    While you connected with PS3/Xbox360 console, it can run in the auto mode .
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    kardus wrote: »
    undamned wrote: »
    Agent_X wrote: »
    I am planning on building or buy a supergun. Does the ufb work with the undamned usb decoder?

Yeah, it works. Just force the UFB into X360 or PS3 mode. I have not officially released XBONE/PS4 firmware yet and the UFB defaults to PS4 when connected to the decoders.
    -ud

I noticed with some PS3 controllers (including brook ufb) the encoder mixes up 2K and 3K, so I have to manually bind my stick every time I plug in. Is there any way to get around this with an update?
    Thanks for the heads up (I'm wondering why I didn't notice that when I tested the UFB). On what other sticks did you see 2K/3K swapped?
    -ud
  • expandingmanexpandingman Joined: Posts: 105
    I just wanted to chime in that I put the universal board in my original TE (360) stick, and it works great. I also soldered the player 1-4 LEDs, the LS-RS-DP switch, and soldered the touchpad button to Turbo. Everything works perfectly.
    I just wanted to chime in that I put the universal board in my original TE (360) stick, and it works great. I also soldered the player 1-4 LEDs, the LS-RS-DP switch, and soldered the touchpad button to Turbo. Everything works perfectly.

@expandingman
    Sound Great..
  • gehenagehena The_Piipii_Storm Joined: Posts: 8
    Off topic by any chance does anybody know where I can buy some arc eye v3 led and rémora led controller board or a piiwee board. I'm trying to do a truly universal fight stick with an eightarc and I want to add some flashy lights.
  • sasquachsasquach MvC2 making a comeback 2017? Joined: Posts: 368
    edited October 2016
    gehena wrote: »
    Off topic by any chance does anybody know where I can buy some arc eye v3 led and rémora led controller board or a piiwee board. I'm trying to do a truly universal fight stick with an eightarc and I want to add some flashy lights.

I dunno where to get a piiwee other than the Trading Outlet here if anyone is willing to sell it, but the Kaimana Mini or Khameleon LED kit from Paradise Arcade Shop should suffice as it is a drop in add on to the Brook UFB once you install a 20 pin header on it and it's pretty easy to use or manage.
    "I'm just nice" -Harry Potter
  • viperman3viperman3 Joined: Posts: 10
    How do I verify version of firmware installed on ufb? I'm using my fightstick on recalbox emulator and when configuring the controller input I see brook v1.6 and I am expecting to see v1.8 since that is the latest version I installed.
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 343
    viperman3 wrote: »
    How do I verify version of firmware installed on ufb? I'm using my fightstick on recalbox emulator and when configuring the controller input I see brook v1.6 and I am expecting to see v1.8 since that is the latest version I installed.

where do you see v1.6?
    if you are not sure about the version, just download the latest file and do firmware update again
    viperman3 wrote: »

where do you see v1.6?
    if you are not sure about the version, just download the latest file and do firmware update again

@viperman3 I know it...Thanks to tell me about warning (Version) string in game control panel on PC.
    We will modify version string to match title string.

• AkrythaelAkrythael Joined: Posts: 12
    Hi guys!

I've just upgraded my already modded mayflash with the brook UFB, but I've got some problems with it on computer.

When I update the PCB with the latest file on brook's website, everything goes well and I can see that my stick is recognized as a Xbox 360 controller in "Devices and Printers".

But everytime I unplug the stick and plug it back, my computer doesn't recognize it anymore and displays it as a "Hid transfer" in Devices and Printers. Same problem if I unplug the stick when computer is off, and plug it back when computer is on.

Doing the update process again fixes the problem until I unplug and plug back the stick.

Any advice or solution to avoid being forced to do the update process everytime I plug my stick back?
    Akrythael wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I've just upgraded my already modded mayflash with the brook UFB, but I've got some problems with it on computer.

When I update the PCB with the latest file on brook's website, everything goes well and I can see that my stick is recognized as a Xbox 360 controller in "Devices and Printers".

But everytime I unplug the stick and plug it back, my computer doesn't recognize it anymore and displays it as a "Hid transfer" in Devices and Printers. Same problem if I unplug the stick when computer is off, and plug it back when computer is on.

Doing the update process again fixes the problem until I unplug and plug back the stick.

Any advice or solution to avoid being forced to do the update process everytime I plug my stick back?

@Akrythael

Thx to use Brook UFB.
    Do you install Xbox one controller driver on your PC ( win7/8 )?

The UFB can run in the auto mode on game consoles (PS4/PS3/XBOXone/XBOX360), but on PC it recognized as XBOXone controller..Excepted in forced mode to setup .

Please check and try again
    Oh ok, I've just read on this forum that you should use the Xbox 360 mode for windows 7. Didn't understand that xbox one controller driver should be installed. I'm gonna try and will keep you informed.
    edited November 2016
    Sadly, I've installed the xbox one controller driver, but I still have the same problem.

EDIT: The pad is correctly recognized as a xbox one controller by default after doing the update process and as a xbox 360 controller if I keep pressing 3P during the update process. But I still have the same problem when unplugging and plugging in back. It's like the board doesn't keep the update in memory or my computer doesn't want to check for the driver until I do the update process.
    Post edited by Akrythael on
    Can you try it on a different pc? Preferably a windows 10 one.
    edited November 2016
    Nope, I only have 1 computer and none of my friends or family have a windows 10 computer. I can't try on another computer this week, and I really don't want to lose hours or days finding a solution (already lost a lot of time on it today and yesterday).

Like I said, each time I plug it back, it's recognized as a "Hid Transfer" in "Non specified" in "Devices and Printers", and after doing the brook update process, it's working correctly and it's displayed as a Xbox 360 controller in "Devices" in "Devices and Printers" if I keep it plugged.

Also, when restarting computer after it to be recognized as a Xbox 360 controller, if I don't unplug it, it stays recognized in "Devices and Printers". As long as I don't unplug it, it's ok.

I really can't find any logical reason for this...

Don't know if that could be the problem, but the PCB is directly connected to the computer with the USB A/B cable.
    I think someone in this thread had this problem before you. Iirc it was windows 7 related, but not 100% sure.
    edited November 2016
    I think someone in this thread had this problem before you. Iirc it was windows 7 related, but not 100% sure.

Ok I'll try to find that in the forums.

@GOGO.Zippy @Dubon

I really hope there is a solution, cause I've really tried everything I could find on the web, but since nobody has the same problem, it's quite difficult...
    Nope, I only have 1 computer and none of my friends or family have a windows 10 computer. I can't try on another computer this week, and I really don't want to lose hours or days finding a solution (already lost a lot of time on it today and yesterday).

Like I said, each time I plug it back, it's recognized as a "Hid Transfer" in "Non specified" in "Devices and Printers", and after doing the brook update process, it's working correctly and it's displayed as a Xbox 360 controller in "Devices" in "Devices and Printers" if I keep it plugged.

Also, when restarting computer after it to be recognized as a Xbox 360 controller, if I don't unplug it, it stays recognized in "Devices and Printers". As long as I don't unplug it, it's ok.

I really can't find any logical reason for this...

Don't know if that could be the problem, but the PCB is directly connected to the computer with the USB A/B cable.

you play it on PC?
    i agree what Dubon said, find another PC to try, Windows 10 would be ideal, you don't need to install Xbox one driver with Windows 10.
    it is true that some "unexpected" problem may happen with Windows 7...
    What I've found on the forum didn't work for me... See below:
    ArcadeShock and I sat down with the Brook UFB and Windows 10 today to sort through it. I think we figured out a good way to make it all work properly. I will caveat this with The XBOX ONE drivers were already installed on the machine and we used a USB 2.0 port. My recommendations:

1. Plug an original XBOne controller in and let windows install the drivers.
    2. Open JOY.CPL and verify it works.
    3. Unplug the XBOne Controller. You don't need it any more. Close JOY.CPL
    4. Download the FW updater from http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/
    5. Open the Update Software.
    6. Press HOME and SELECT on your stick (with the board installed)
    7. Plug the stick into the PC.
    8. The Brook FW Updater will automatically sense the board is ready for the update and ask you to update it.
    9. Allow it to update, it will verify, and give you a SUCCESS GREEN CHECK MARK
    10. Unplug and Plug the stick back in.
    11. Open JOY.CPL
    12. Verify Buttons all work. If you press home Windows 10 asks if you want to play a game or something, it wont actually register in JOY.CPL

After this was done, stick worked great with no disconnecting issues.

It works until point 10 where I have to unplug and replug where I'm stuck with the same problem stated in my previous messages.

Just for a recap, I'm on Windows 7, BIOS is updated, I've installed the latest Xbox One controller driver for W7 x64, same for Xbox 360 controller driver and the brook update process works fine. Whenever I unplug the stick, I have to do the update process again to make it work and be recognized properly.

you play it on PC?
    i agree what Dubon said, find another PC to try, Windows 10 would be ideal, you don't need to install Xbox one driver with Windows 10.

Like I said, I have no possibility to try on another computer this week, and can't try on a Windows 10 computer...
    What I've found on the forum didn't work for me... See below:
    ArcadeShock and I sat down with the Brook UFB and Windows 10 today to sort through it. I think we figured out a good way to make it all work properly. I will caveat this with The XBOX ONE drivers were already installed on the machine and we used a USB 2.0 port. My recommendations:

1. Plug an original XBOne controller in and let windows install the drivers.
    2. Open JOY.CPL and verify it works.
    3. Unplug the XBOne Controller. You don't need it any more. Close JOY.CPL
    4. Download the FW updater from http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/
    5. Open the Update Software.
    6. Press HOME and SELECT on your stick (with the board installed)
    7. Plug the stick into the PC.
    8. The Brook FW Updater will automatically sense the board is ready for the update and ask you to update it.
    9. Allow it to update, it will verify, and give you a SUCCESS GREEN CHECK MARK
    10. Unplug and Plug the stick back in.
    11. Open JOY.CPL
    12. Verify Buttons all work. If you press home Windows 10 asks if you want to play a game or something, it wont actually register in JOY.CPL

After this was done, stick worked great with no disconnecting issues.

It works until point 10 where I have to unplug and replug where I'm stuck with the same problem stated in my previous messages.

Just for a recap, I'm on Windows 7, BIOS is updated, I've installed the latest Xbox One controller driver for W7 x64, same for Xbox 360 controller driver and the brook update process works fine. Whenever I unplug the stick, I have to do the update process again to make it work and be recognized properly.

you play it on PC?

Like I said, I have no possibility to try on another computer this week, and can't try on a Windows 10 computer...

i see where you are going, will discuss with Zippy later.
    Yes but the steps that Jasen outlined were tested on a Windows 10 pc. The problem lies with windows 7.
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    Sounds like some buttons are held down. Check grounds and signals.
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Vicko wrote: »
    Sounds like some buttons are held down. Check grounds and signals.

No problem on this side, I've already checked.
    Do the free update to win10 ten roll back to 7 if you dont like it
    Do the free update to win10 ten roll back to 7 if you dont like it

No I won't do the free update to windows 10 just for an arcade stick ^^

It's a fresh install of windows 7 and I need it for my work.

I won't risk anything and I really don't want this ****ing OS on my computer =)
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2016
    @Akrythael What about installing Windows 10 on a VM? I suggest Virtual Box... That way your Windows 7 installation would stay where it is.
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 549
    ShinMagus wrote: »
    @Akrythael What about installing Windows 10 on a VM? I suggest Virtual Box... That way your Windows 7 installation would stay where it is.

Or even another drive or partition..

2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
    edited November 2016
    I don't have more money or more time to lose to find a windows 10 licence, official or cracked, to install it on a partition or with Virtual Box, just to figure out that the PCB is working correctly on windows 10.

Modding my stick and upgrading it with this PCB already took me a lot of time and money, as well as trying to solve my problem alone by searching on internet.

That's why I came here to ask for a concrete help since there are some brook employees/devs/engineers answering on the forums.

I'm asking for a solution on windows 7, and you keep on asking me to do stuff with windows 10.

From what I've read on the forums, nobody had problems with the PCB they have not been able to solve on windows 10, and only a few had problems on windows 7, but not the same as mine.

I think my problem is tied to a driver detection bug similar to people trying to plug an Xbox 360 wireless controller with a "Plug and charge usb kit" when it's not designed for it.

They have the same "Hid Transfer" detected in "Non specified" when they try to plug it without a dongle.

To me, the PCB is maybe sending a signal saying "Hey I'm a wireless controller without a dongle!", or my computer thinks this is the case.

Maybe the fact that I first plugged it on a 3.0 USB port by mistake is the root of the problem or that could help you find why I keep getting this weird problem?

By I still don't understand why the stick would be working just by doing the brook update process and would stop being detected correctly just by unplugging it...
    The whole point of the windows 10 thing was to try to complete the update on windows 10 then see if the stick functions normally on windows 7.
    I understand this, but I already said I have NOT the option to do it and I don't want to deal with windows 10 on my own computer in any way.

People keeps on suggesting me to put windows 10 on my computer in a way or another, and it's becoming annoying to repeat myself.

Thank you all though for trying to help me in a way or another, but please don't suggest me a windows 10 alternative again in a way or another to solve my problem.

I almost feel like I'm dealing with Microsoft support, and I'm sure you know what I mean.

I'll just wait for @Brook_Engineer to post here again, hoping he's found what could be the problem by discussing with Zippy.
    that would probably be best. This isnt a support forum. People here give you their opinions on possible solutions on a volontary basis. Noone here is obligated to give you support on anything, unlike microsoft when they sell you something. Just contact brook. Their support is on their website.
  • Bugatti_JaccsonBugatti_Jaccson Bismillah ☝️ Joined: Posts: 6
    does the Brook have any official drivers for Linux? if not, the creator can dm thru here or somewhere else. i have experience with drivers and Linux, i contributed to many open source projects, especially the project of implementing the Rez vibrator to work on as an official game-pad.
    does the Brook have any official drivers for Linux? if not, the creator can dm thru here or somewhere else. i have experience with drivers and Linux, i contributed to many open source projects, especially the project of implementing the Rez vibrator to work on as an official game-pad.

no firmware for Linux
    I understand this, but I already said I have NOT the option to do it and I don't want to deal with windows 10 on my own computer in any way.

People keeps on suggesting me to put windows 10 on my computer in a way or another, and it's becoming annoying to repeat myself.

Thank you all though for trying to help me in a way or another, but please don't suggest me a windows 10 alternative again in a way or another to solve my problem.

I almost feel like I'm dealing with Microsoft support, and I'm sure you know what I mean.

I'll just wait for @Brook_Engineer to post here again, hoping he's found what could be the problem by discussing with Zippy.

we're sorry to say that the only method you can try now is to find a Windows 10 PC...
    we're sorry to say that the only method you can try now is to find a Windows 10 PC...

Great... Feels like I'm gonna keep my stick plugged or just do the update process whenever I unplug it... Hope it will work on PS4 without trouble...