Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• ykdykd Joined: Posts: 22
    Dubon wrote: »
    Ok nm then i thought it was win 8 that had issues with updating.

No worries. Its pretty odd to be doing it. Possibly @Brook_Engineer may know why it will update perfectly fine, but still have the timeout happening. Very odd. But minor issue.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 500
    jopamo wrote: »
    You can get rekt me all you want, broseph. It won't make you any less wrong (or less arrogant).

@jopamo Why are you always getting into arguments with people on this forum? It seems you have an incessant need to be right. Chill out dude.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 988
    edited July 26
    @jopamo Why are you always getting into arguments with people on this forum? It seems you have an incessant need to be right. Chill out dude.

@VarmintBaby Why are you always providing unecessary exposition to things that don't involve you? It seems you have an incessant need to inject your rhetoric upon everyone. Mind your own business dude.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,169
    You guys are awesome. Thanks for continuing to add functionality to the UFB!
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 242
    Just dual modded my first stick and lets just say it was an quite the experience. The guide I was following I noticed had a lot of pictures on photobucket and are now not visible and I thought I would share my extremely amateur picture as I feel like it would help other others. I dual modded a Brooks universal fightboard and an MC Cthulhu using an imp v2. One thing I didn't include was the wiring for F on the ImpV2.
    That can be soldered and used with any button and I would recommend using a button not used for manual selection on a console for the UFB. I used 3 kick since it wasn't dedicated to anything already. The wiring on the MC Cthulhu are the colors for the RJ45 connecting.(Gray=white on the RJ45) W2Rmc99.png
  • KonsolkongenKonsolkongen Joined: Posts: 30
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    Hi All Guys.

Brook Released new firmware of UFB to support two Home/Capture buttons and stick map to LS/RS on SWITCH
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS4/

Could you elaborate what you mean by "two Home/Capture buttons"? I still only see the one of each in the button mapping you posted below :)
    ...but kindly know that you cannot make everyone satisfied since everyone has their own habit/opinion/etc.....

Of course :) I just wanted to let you know that I found this a bit counter intuitive. Thank you for replying :)

Hopefully it will never be more than a minor issue for me, so I don't have to redesign my stick :)
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,169
    edited July 26
    Just dual modded my first stick and lets just say it was an quite the experience. The guide I was following I noticed had a lot of pictures on photobucket and are now not visible and I thought I would share my extremely amateur picture as I feel like it would help other others. I dual modded a Brooks universal fightboard and an MC Cthulhu using an imp v2. One thing I didn't include was the wiring for F on the ImpV2.
    That can be soldered and used with any button and I would recommend using a button not used for manual selection on a console for the UFB. I used 3 kick since it wasn't dedicated to anything already. The wiring on the MC Cthulhu are the colors for the RJ45 connecting.(Gray=white on the RJ45)

I'm jelly. Dreamcast, xinput/dinput, PS2, AND PS4 support on the same stick? Yes please!

ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 330
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    Hi All Guys.

Brook Released new firmware of UFB to support two Home/Capture buttons and stick map to LS/RS on SWITCH
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS4/

Could you elaborate what you mean by "two Home/Capture buttons"? I still only see the one of each in the button mapping you posted below :)
    ...but kindly know that you cannot make everyone satisfied since everyone has their own habit/opinion/etc.....

Of course :) I just wanted to let you know that I found this a bit counter intuitive. Thank you for replying :)

Hopefully it will never be more than a minor issue for me, so I don't have to redesign my stick :)

yes, it is one of each
    English....you know
  • AmedoS310AmedoS310 Joined: Posts: 115
    That can be soldered and used with any button and I would recommend using a button not used for manual selection on a console for the UFB. I used 3 kick since it wasn't dedicated to anything already. The wiring on the MC Cthulhu are the colors for the RJ45 connecting.(Gray=white on the RJ45) W2Rmc99.png

Where was the guide? Neogaf?
    Same roles, different actors.
  • KonsolkongenKonsolkongen Joined: Posts: 30
    edited July 27
    yes, it is one of each
    English....you know

:p Thanks! I read his reply as two buttons that both did Home or Capture.
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 242
    The guide was here on srk just an older post.
    Would anyone know where to buy a 4 pin wiring harness to use with this PCB ? I have the Brook UFB, and a 20 Pin harness for the joystick and punch / kick buttons. But I would like to add touchpad, R3 and L3 buttons as well on my custom stick. I have the UFB with the pre soldered headers. I can find the standard 20 pin harness's all over. But just a 4 pin for those buttons seems to be pretty hard to locate.

Thanks for anyone that can point me in the right direction, it's greatly appreciated.
  • eniahKeniahK Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi everyone.

Just yesterday I finished my custom fighting stick with a Brook UFB pcb I had lying around for quite a while now. So every time I want start a firmware update the app gets an error in cmd_sync_packno() and the app crashes. Then I tried using the stick on my ps4 and still got the 8 minute time out.

Has anyone of you guys experienced the same problem? Is there a fix or workaround for it?

BTW: Using windows 10 on my PC and downloaded the update program several times now without any change in the result...

Appreciate any helpful input!
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 142
    ykd wrote: »
    Would anyone know where to buy a 4 pin wiring harness to use with this PCB ? I have the Brook UFB, and a 20 Pin harness for the joystick and punch / kick buttons. But I would like to add touchpad, R3 and L3 buttons as well on my custom stick. I have the UFB with the pre soldered headers. I can find the standard 20 pin harness's all over. But just a 4 pin for those buttons seems to be pretty hard to locate.

Thanks for anyone that can point me in the right direction, it's greatly appreciated.

For the UFB, check for a JST PH 4 pin or any connectors with 2.00mm spacing row like Dupont. Carefull you'll find also 2.54mm spacing connectors.

Like this or that.
  • hunter88hunter88 Joined: Posts: 10
    Hello,

Hello, I'm going to build an arcade stick completely from scratch.
    I would like the "Brook Universal Fighting Board" as a PCB installed.
    In addition, the stick should be equipped with eight LED buttons.
    What do I have to order? (Cables, buttons and PCBs)
  • eniahKeniahK Joined: Posts: 2
    Got it figured out! Everybody who gets the error (k17) 'cmd_sync_packno() = fail' should try another usb port! I got the firmware update working by connecting the UFB to an usb port on the back of my motherboard instead of using the frontal (external) usb ports!
  • Maniak_ZakManiak_Zak Joined: Posts: 29
    Just curious to know, what size of screwdriver would I need for the screw terminals on the UFB?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,406
    Maniak_Zak wrote: »
    Just curious to know, what size of screwdriver would I need for the screw terminals on the UFB?

I forgot if its a size 1 or size 0. Its definitely jeweler sized
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    I use 0. 1 would also work but will strip if you gorilla that shit.
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,040
    Hi Bros
    Brook fighting board is working well on V4.73 without updating file.
    Well I've tried everything I can think of to update my board. Using Windows 10 it says Success, yet still timing out on PS4. It works just fine other than that. When I plug it into the PC I can force every mode even. Blue light no issues. Update with the small USB A to B cable.
    Does anyone know how to actually check what version of the firmware is on the thing ? If it's on PC in PS3 and PS4 mode it'll say something like controller V 1.6 is that possibly the firmware number ? Sorry for the long post this is just perplexing me
    Well I've tried everything I can think of to update my board. Using Windows 10 it says Success, yet still timing out on PS4. It works just fine other than that. When I plug it into the PC I can force every mode even. Blue light no issues. Update with the small USB A to B cable.
    Does anyone know how to actually check what version of the firmware is on the thing ? If it's on PC in PS3 and PS4 mode it'll say something like controller V 1.6 is that possibly the firmware number ? Sorry for the long post this is just perplexing me

how long does it disconnect?
  • RagingAvatarRagingAvatar Joined: Posts: 60
    It might be a crazy pipedream - but if there was some kind of expansion board made available for the UFB that would allow Switch wireless connectivity - man, I'd start throwing money at Brook.

Once the 8 minutes hit it just stops responding until I pull the USB out and put it back in, hit the ps button and sign back in. The blue light stays on it just stops responding to any button inputs
    ykd, when doing an update to my UFB, I didn't use a small USB cable or anything just the regular cable I use to plug my stick into the PS4.
    Hold PS + Share as you connect it to your PC and it should all be good.

I'm sure you've already done this but I just wanted to make sure.

Now it won't respond in the computer it loads up but device says "Unknown USB Device Device descriptor request failed". And I haven't done anything to it since last night when I messaged here.
    ykd, when doing an update to my UFB, I didn't use a small USB cable or anything just the regular cable I use to plug my stick into the PS4.
    Hold PS + Share as you connect it to your PC and it should all be good.

I'm sure you've already done this but I just wanted to make sure.

Yup tried that. Might be a dumb question, but do you keep holding the buttons or let them go once you get the start button initialized?
    You only have to have the buttons pressed when you insert the cable, then release at your leisure.
    The stick will be recognized by the update software at this point and the firmware update can start when you click on start.

Have you checked that you definitely have the latest revision from Brook's site? Just trying to rule out any errors.
    You only have to have the buttons pressed when you insert the cable, then release at your leisure.
    The stick will be recognized by the update software at this point and the firmware update can start when you click on start.

Have you checked that you definitely have the latest revision from Brook's site? Just trying to rule out any errors.

Indeed I have 2.0, it says 2.0 on the Brook Downloader app. Would you happen to know how someone can check what is on the PCB ? It says it's successful, and everything works fine, on PS3 no prob but the PS4 still times out at 8 minutes. So it's like it's updating, but not taking it? I'm running out of ideas here. My other Brook PCBs never give me this problem. But I'm kinda dumb to know how to check what's on the PCB.
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    edited August 3
    I did a time lapse, tutorial type thingie.

Feel free to give me feedback if I'm wrong or there is a better way to do X or Y

SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
    edited August 3
    Some people consider it a forgone conclusion that you'll inevitably need to pause video during these kinds of tutorials, but seldom do I see it advised before the fun starts. Good work.

I have two suggestions for the future.
    1. Get yourself a good mic. It will be worth it.
    2. You can reduce over-exposure w/ color correction in either Final Cut Pro or Premiere.
  • LSlickLSlick Joined: Posts: 212
    I recently put in a universal fighting board on my custom stick. And I started to notice that there's a delay on the stick input. Whenever I move the stick forward or back, there's a like a stored input or that a dash comes out if I tap it once. I wasn't sure if it was a stick problem itself or if it's a pcb problem. Just trying to limit what the problem can be.
    LSlick wrote: »
    I recently put in a universal fighting board on my custom stick. And I started to notice that there's a delay on the stick input. Whenever I move the stick forward or back, there's a like a stored input or that a dash comes out if I tap it once. I wasn't sure if it was a stick problem itself or if it's a pcb problem. Just trying to limit what the problem can be.

you may try to do firmware update
  • MoosekingMooseking Future Champion of the World. Joined: Posts: 76
    Just thought I'd post in here as well. Been having problems with my madcatz TE2+ ezy mod Brooks UFB.

Getting "unknown device" on win 7, when connecting to PC.

Registers fine when connected with start & select held down.

Blinking "LED3" light on the EZMOD TE2+ Board.

Modded with brooks UFB, Updated safely to 2.0

Won't register at all on ps4 either.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

How are you connecting to PC? Using the regular wire or connecting to the USB port inside your stick?
    The original te2+ wires screwed in to the EZMOD board, had the EZMOD UFB for a year.
  • Maniak_ZakManiak_Zak Joined: Posts: 29
    What kind of solder should I use for touch pad function?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,406
    Maniak_Zak wrote: »
    What kind of solder should I use for touch pad function?

Standard electrical solder, rosin flux core
    lead base if its allowed in your area if not don't worry
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • BludikaBludika Joined: Posts: 15
    say for example you mess up the wires on the TE2+ wires that are connected to the PCB, is there anyway to salvage that? those wires are so fine and tiny, i can't ever get a good clean strip job, just taking preventative maintenance like anyway to get that 5 pin connector?
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 500
    edited August 9
    Mooseking wrote: »
    The original te2+ wires screwed in to the EZMOD board, had the EZMOD UFB for a year.

@Mooseking

Do you have another pro cable connector to try to connect the TE2+ to the PC with ? The pro cable is the usb cable you screw into the front of your madcatz to connect it to pc/console. If you don't check out this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mad-Catz-USB-MLG-Pro-Cable-for-TE2-TE2-Arcade-Fightstick-Wired-Controller-6ft-/252156270903?hash=item3ab5af5937

But before you order that, I'd try connecting the stick to the PC straight from the Brook board with a USB B to A cable. It should power the EZ mod this way as well and you'll be able to see if it can connect as a valid device then. If you have the Brook attached to the TE2+ case button with those sticky things, pry it up with a thin flat head screwdriver and be really careful not to stress the board too much. Good luck!
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    I subbed out the Pro Cables, nothing changed.

PC doesn't recognize the stick unless I'm holding Start & Select for updating.

Manual Mode doesn't work for recognition, PS4 has power to the stick. Cycles through the LED's before not registering.

I've got power to cycle through DP LS RS, and Turbo. That's all.

I'll investigate USB B to A, but I'd prefer a solution which didn't require me to pull the UFB board loose.

Is it simply a power supply issue for the USB cable? I triple checked the wiring for the screw ins for the native USB screw ins and it's all good.

I've sent a ticket to Brooks just in case, but if anyone else here has a solution that would be much appreciated.
  • ADTerminalADTerminal Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi guys, does anyone know a source in the UK/EU to get the 20 pin wiring harnesses for the UFB? I ended up ordering one from Arcadeshock, but in the future I'd like to avoid shipping delays + shipping costs if possible.
  • Rob2DRob2D Drunken Master with cracked thumbsticks Joined: Posts: 54
    Hi guys,

I just wired up one of these into my friend's old chun li TE. I have EVERYTHING working fine even the lock switch............................... but the guide button won't work. All the player led's are lighting but the button is dead. I've checked and double checked it on J9. The wire from the top board looks fine.

Any ideas?
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 461
    Is this a 360 or ps3 TE?
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 142
    Rob2D wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I just wired up one of these into my friend's old chun li TE. I have EVERYTHING working fine even the lock switch............................... but the guide button won't work. All the player led's are lighting but the button is dead. I've checked and double checked it on J9. The wire from the top board looks fine.

Any ideas?
    Multiple questions:

- Are you getting this behaviour on plugging it on PC?
    - Have you tried to force the X360 mode (hold 3P on plug)?
    - Have you tested it on PS3 or PS4?

I've seen the same behaviour: when plug on PC (and let it be detected as a XONE controller), the "home" button doesn't work (it's suppose to open Steam, then Steam BP when pressed a second time).
    But it works fine on PC in X360 mode, and also on my PS4.

Cheers,
  • Rob2DRob2D Drunken Master with cracked thumbsticks Joined: Posts: 54
    Dubon wrote: »
    Is this a 360 or ps3 TE?

Rob2D wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Any ideas?
    Multiple questions:

- Are you getting this behaviour on plugging it on PC?
    - Have you tried to force the X360 mode (hold 3P on plug)?
    - Have you tested it on PS3 or PS4?

I've seen the same behaviour: when plug on PC (and let it be detected as a XONE controller), the "home" button doesn't work (it's suppose to open Steam, then Steam BP when pressed a second time).
    But it works fine on PC in X360 mode, and also on my PS4.

Cheers,

-Yeah I was trying it on PC as I was at work.
    -Nope, always thought it defaulted to 360.
    -No but I'll bring my PS4 in tomorrow and test.

Thanks, I never realised that. I have my own Brook Board at home for a year or more and I don't ever remember this happening. I just assumed something was f***ed XD

Thanks lads.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
  • Paik4LifePaik4Life Team HnI Joined: Posts: 1,212
    edited 2:19AM
    Is there a resolution to the "final checksum error" on Macs? I haven't gamed in a while and I was trying to update my PS3/PS4 Fighting Board on my Mac running 10.12.6 and version 2.0 of the Brook software.

EDIT: It worked finally. I don't know how, but I ran it a few times and it failed. Then I restarted my Mac, deleted the installer, re-downloaded a fresh copy, and did a direct connection to the Mac instead of through my USB hub, and it worked. Not sure which of the troubleshooting methods was the fix (maybe all of them at once!).

~Paik
    Post edited by Paik4Life at