Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• Fatso666Fatso666 Joined: Posts: 15
    edited November 2016
    I asked this in the general question thread but thought it might be easily answered here as well. Does anyone know or has tried using Brook's PCB to do PS4 remote play on a PC?
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 367
    Fatso666 wrote: »
    I asked this in the general question thread but thought it might be easily answered here as well. Does anyone know or has tried using Brook's PCB to do PS4 remote play on a PC?

what do you mean by "do PS4 remote play on a PC"?
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 554
    edited November 2016
    The remote play app only recognizes a ds4 from my experience. I've tried other sticks and hori PS4 fightpads without any luck. Regardless, the lag is horrible for fighters - even wired.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
    Fatso666 wrote: »

what do you mean by "do PS4 remote play on a PC"?

You can remotely play your PS4 on your PC by downloading the Remote Play PC software, then connect remotely to your PS4 by using the software and if you have an official PS4 controller plugged in you can then play your PS4 as if it was connected to your monitor

I believe this only works with official PS4 controllers, hence I was wondering whether Brook's PCB is able to fool the PC into thinking it's an official PS4 controller given it works on PS4
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,093
    PS4 Remote Play on PC.. Only support PS4 official wireless controller.
    Well that sucks, I was hoping that because the PCB is recognised by the PS4 it would work on PC for Remote Play

Guess I'll be hooking my PS4 pro to my PC for now then
    Hi All
    Brook goods work well on PS4 Pro.

• RYU81RYU81 Joined: Posts: 14
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    Hi All
    Brook goods work well on PS4 Pro.

great news
    edited November 2016
    Yes it does, I bought a PS4 Pro on Thursday and tried using Brook's Universal PCB today with no trouble :D
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    With the rerelease of the Cthulhu, is it possible to do a wiring scheme that allows the person to hook up the Brook Universal Fight board to it?
    I hear the Cthulhu can be hooked up to a Xbox 360 PCB, so I was wondering if it's possible to instead of use the Xbox360 PCB I could use this? If so, could someone make a tutorial [including an RJ-45 mod if desire] as to how you would pull this off?

A friend of mine is modding a stick, and a very sick idea popped into my head.
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
  • rablack97rablack97 Joined: Posts: 41
    Quick, is it possible to use the brooks home button to turn on your xboxone? Pressing home button on wireless controller does this. The Brooks board does nothing when the home/xboxone button pressed.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,241
    rablack97 wrote: »
    Quick, is it possible to use the brooks home button to turn on your xboxone? Pressing home button on wireless controller does this. The Brooks board does nothing when the home/xboxone button pressed.

Turning on the Xbox one or PS4 via the home button can only be done with the default systems Controller for that Console.
    Wireless Xbox One controller for Xbox One and the Dual Shock 4 for the PS4.

Wired/3rd party controllers can't do this.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    ok i built an arcade cabinet with an xboxone and was looking for a solution to power it off and on, right now i have to use the stick. I guess i could find a used OEM stick and hack the home button to a switch.

Thx for the confrimation.
    rablack97 wrote: »
    ok i built an arcade cabinet with an xboxone and was looking for a solution to power it off and on, right now i have to use the stick. I guess i could find a used OEM stick and hack the home button to a switch.

Thx for the confrimation.

If you going for the Arcade Cab route, how authentic you want your Power Solution to be?

Actual Arcade Cabs have a single main on/off switch mounted in the back of the Cab (sometimes on the top, out of sight).
    Just add a switch that can handle MAINS voltage so you physically turn on and off the Console and Monitor.

If that not your style and you want that Soft Home button On/Off you need to pad hack an official MS controller
    if you feel up to it, you could mod your Console to have a terminal going out to the console's power button located some where on the Cab.
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, i'm familiar with the hard power off/on switches. I'm not big on just shutting power the power to my xboxone, its just like a PC, it needs a proper shutdown.

No way i'm hacking the console, I just did the research on the traces and pads for an OEM controller, should be fairly straightforward. I'll just wire a switch to CG and the Home button, should get me what i'm looking for.

I'm also using a smart switch and had to change the xboxone setting to power efficiency mode, so when that shuts down everything else shuts down, which works perfectly. I just hate having to locate the stick to turn it on as the console is at the back of the cab.

Never hacked a xboxone controller so should be an interersting project to take on.
    V4.06 released today.. Brook is working fine without any patch file.
  • MegahurtzMegahurtz Joined: Posts: 13
    That looks really nice. Looking forward to the video.
    Finest_KO wrote: »
    Wow, very impressive. I'd love to see those in action.
    jopamo wrote: »
    Please let us know when you've posted those videos

As promised here's the video for the Madcatz:

The one about the PDP should be up soon.
    Cheers,

I hope everything works out and you can produce enough to sell. I'd be very interested in picking one up.

Thanks! I sold some PCBs from my proto batch here, and I'm waiting people feedbacks.
    There are also some people in the comments of the vids who are interested.
    If I run a commercial batch I'll run a 20pcs one. I could run a 50pcs but I'm not sure if I could sell so much. This is a niche product for a niche market after all.
    I'm targetting something like 10$ USD for a full kit (PCB ready to go + all the harness) but it depends of the price I can get all the parts and PCB.
    I wish I could make a post in the Trading section but I don't have enought posts yet.

Let me know if/when you produce a new run. I've been poking at a 360 TE1 that I want to put a UFB in, but the turbo/aux panel halted my progress. I'd be interested in a quick plug and play solution.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for some JST cables to come in from China to easily hook up to the aux panel...
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 202
    Megahurtz wrote: »
    That looks really nice. Looking forward to the video.
    Wow, very impressive. I'd love to see those in action.
    jopamo wrote: »
    Please let us know when you've posted those videos

As promised here's the video for the Madcatz:

The one about the PDP should be up soon.
    Cheers,

I hope everything works out and you can produce enough to sell. I'd be very interested in picking one up.

Thanks! I sold some PCBs from my proto batch here, and I'm waiting people feedbacks.
    There are also some people in the comments of the vids who are interested.
    If I run a commercial batch I'll run a 20pcs one. I could run a 50pcs but I'm not sure if I could sell so much. This is a niche product for a niche market after all.
    I'm targetting something like 10$ USD for a full kit (PCB ready to go + all the harness) but it depends of the price I can get all the parts and PCB.
    I wish I could make a post in the Trading section but I don't have enought posts yet.

Let me know if/when you produce a new run. I've been poking at a 360 TE1 that I want to put a UFB in, but the turbo/aux panel halted my progress. I'd be interested in a quick plug and play solution.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for some JST cables to come in from China to easily hook up to the aux panel...

Yo,
    It's really easy to link the UFB to the TE 360 front panel. In fact, my PCB is really similar, but for the PS3 layouts.
    Check the video on my youtube chanel about the hit box I made for my friend.

• Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 175
    @The_Real_Phoenix your control panel board works like a charm.

Kvdf1w9.jpg

He helped me fix up a set of harnesses to use the Turbo Button as the TP Key.

Everything works just fine! I'll be sure to get a picture of it lit up in action soon. Now that I've opened it up, I'm thinking of replacing the rubber contacts with micro switches. What size should I get for each button?
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 202
    edited November 2016
    @The_Real_Phoenix your control panel board works like a charm.

He helped me fix up a set of harnesses to use the Turbo Button as the TP Key.

Everything works just fine! I'll be sure to get a picture of it lit up in action soon. Now that I've opened it up, I'm thinking of replacing the rubber contacts with micro switches. What size should I get for each button?

Nice. Do you had any trouble with the cables?
    Also the emplacements for the microswitches were for debug and in case the goldplate finish still didn't work with the original membranes ones.
    You can use 6*6m like those one: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/30Pcs-Tactile-Push-Button-Switch-Tact-Switch-6-6-8MM-6X6X8mm-4-pin-DIP-/181852244387?hash=item2a573d09a3:g:WJwAAOSwLVZV46lF There're different height.
    But if you sill want to use one, you'll see that the problem is you need an exact and precise height of the button, so you'll have to shave/cut the top of the microswitch.
    Last time I had to do that I had to cut the microswitches, drill a bit the buttons, and pour some hotglue in the button to have exact height, and it was extremely painful.

To be honest, the holes for the microswitches won't be there if I make the retail batch.
  • Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 175
    The rubber contacts do work just fine. They felt mushy at first, but that's most likely due to me putting the board back in it's holder hastily.
    And of course a pic with the LED's on.

dI7CONH.jpg
  • gilleygilley 3D Aminator Joined: Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2016
    Can we get an SOCD toggle added to the firmware? It would be good if we could toggle between L+R = neutral and L+R = last input. Maybe hold a few buttons down to toggle between the two.

I just spent the afternoon doing this mod to an old PS3 Hitbox https://youtube.com/watch?v=IMHT50OgvOQ. It basically has you put an Arduino board into the Hitbox and wire the L, R, Select buttons into it.

I have it working flawlessly for SF4, but unfortunately SF5 doesn't recognize the Hitbox at all after I installed the Arduino board. I tried putting it into my PS4 SF5 and the Legacy controller thing fails. I also tried putting it into my PC. The PC recognizes it as a Cthulu and the inputs read fine(SF4 works fine), but PC SF5 doesn't recognize the Hitbox. I've tried using the x360ce thing, to get it to recognize my Hitbox, but it still fails.

I had thought about doing this Arduino mod to my PS4 Hitbox, but it has a different PCB that I'm not familiar with and don't want to screw anything up.

If we could get an SOCD toggle on the Brook UFB, I would buy at least 3 of them for my Hitboxes.
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. --Mark Twain
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 502
    edited November 2016
    gilley wrote: »
    Can we get an SOCD toggle added to the firmware? It would be good if we could toggle between L+R = neutral and L+R = last input. Maybe hold a few buttons down to toggle between the two.

I just spent the afternoon doing this mod to an old PS3 Hitbox https://youtube.com/watch?v=IMHT50OgvOQ. It basically has you put an Arduino board into the Hitbox and wire the L, R, Select buttons into it.

I have it working flawlessly for SF4, but unfortunately SF5 doesn't recognize the Hitbox at all after I installed the Arduino board. I tried putting it into my PS4 SF5 and the Legacy controller thing fails. I also tried putting it into my PC. The PC recognizes it as a Cthulu and the inputs read fine(SF4 works fine), but PC SF5 doesn't recognize the Hitbox. I've tried using the x360ce thing, to get it to recognize my Hitbox, but it still fails.

I had thought about doing this Arduino mod to my PS4 Hitbox, but it has a different PCB that I'm not familiar with and don't want to screw anything up.

If we could get an SOCD toggle on the Brook UFB, I would buy at least 3 of them for my Hitboxes.

The upcoming brook ps3/4/pc board with sound has a socd toggle jumper. Maybe that would be a solution. You could wire it to a switch if you wated to.

Edit: oh you only want it for horizontal.. nm then.

• ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2016

It sounds like there's no XInput support in the controller driver and you didn't set up X360CE right... Capcom is remarkably fucked up for having not provided DirectInput support in SF5.
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • gilleygilley 3D Aminator Joined: Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2016
    ShinMagus wrote: »

It sounds like there's no XInput support in the controller driver and you didn't set up X360CE right... Capcom is remarkably fucked up for having not provided DirectInput support in SF5.

The x360ce app recognizes my inputs on the modded Hitbox. I can assign each input to a controller input, but as soon as I start up SF5, I don't get any inputs. Even the keyboard inputs stop working. I might just try to mod my ps360+ Hitbox(xb360/PC version). That way I might at least be able to use it on PC.

This is why I would rather Brook just make a toggle for SOCD inputs. I wouldn't have to go through all this crap.
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. --Mark Twain
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 502

The x360ce app recognizes my inputs on the modded Hitbox. I can assign each input to a controller input, but as soon as I start up SF5, I don't get any inputs. Even the keyboard inputs stop working. I might just try to mod my ps360+ Hitbox(xb360/PC version). That way I might at least be able to use it on PC.

This is why I would rather Brook just make a toggle for SOCD inputs. I wouldn't have to go through all this crap.

You should try the sf5dinput dll drop in by Dantarion.

• ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2016

Well, even if the app recognizes the inputs, that's not sufficient. The proper DLL (if the game executable file is 32-bit, so must be the DLL; the same goes for 64-bit executable files) and INI files must be placed in the appropriate path. The SF5 EXE is 64-bit, and the path is StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Binaries\Win64. The app doesn't even need to be there once the INI file is ready.
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,593
    edited November 2016
    Weird . Samurai Shodown 6 ps4 doesn't recognize the ufb. I can't play my new game. :-(

butteroj wrote: »
    Weird . Samurai Shodown 6 ps4 doesn't recognize the ufb. I can't play my new game. :-(
    @butteroj
    Do you download it from PS stroe on PS4? Or play PS2 game disc on PS3 ??
    @butteroj
    Downloaded from PS store. It was released this week.

@butteroj

@butteroj
    Please use TP+Right to enter game while game shows "Press START button"

We played perfect it with UFB on PS4.
    @butteroj

@butteroj

Awesome. I'll have to wire up a button to to this weekend. Thanks!

edited November 2016
    @butteroj

@butteroj

Awesome. I'll have to wire up a button to to this weekend. Thanks!

@butteroj

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62us5je2rwv29ms/START.JPG?dl=0

Use TP+Right to emulate it..
    Post edited by GOGO.Zippy on
  • oDobbyoDobby Joined: Posts: 2
    Hello. I don't know if there's already threads for this, I'm really new to the site... really only joined to get help with my issue.

I need help with my hitbox. I had just got this delivered to me today, and i tried to work the firmware updates, but the update kept failing when i tried.

Also the L2 and R2 buttons are always active when i try to play games. I tried to work it on my PC as well as my Ps4 and nothing is working as it should.

If anyone can help me out with this, i'll be grateful. Spent 200 bucks on this thing and nothing is working.
    edited November 2016
    oDobby wrote: »
    Hello. I don't know if there's already threads for this, I'm really new to the site... really only joined to get help with my issue.

I need help with my hitbox. I had just got this delivered to me today, and i tried to work the firmware updates, but the update kept failing when i tried.

Also the L2 and R2 buttons are always active when i try to play games. I tried to work it on my PC as well as my Ps4 and nothing is working as it should.

If anyone can help me out with this, i'll be grateful. Spent 200 bucks on this thing and nothing is working.

@oDobby
    Please give more information to help
    Ex.
    Which board in your hitbox?
    I know the Hitbox used different fighting board, so that it will run different file to update.
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 554
    @oDobby might help to crack your hitbox open and take some flicks for us. Hit boxes are a breeze to wire up and probably can be resolved easily by this group.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • AkrythaelAkrythael Joined: Posts: 12
    Yaysian wrote: »
    For some reason my UFB isn't working on PS4. It doesn't even recognize the stick. It works on PC/XBOX360/PS3 but for some reason it isn't working on PS4. Think anyone could help with this?

Nevermind figure it out. :P

Can you share what was the problem and how you've fixed it? Cause my stick isn't recognized on PS4 as well... Led is blue, but nothing works. USB problem?
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 618
    edited December 2016
    I just installed a universal board into my bros hrap 3. I kept the panel active so I can use the home , R3 and L3 buttons
    The stick works but I'm having an issue.
    It works on all the PS menus but when I play sfv I can select my character but the screen that pops up so I can choose costume and color doesn't seem to detect my stick. It won't move at all. If I use another controller to get past that the stick will work fine in game until I change characters.

Also on xboxone it works, but I noticed on tekken tag 2 if you go to controller setting it's showing RS as active for movement. I have to set it off but even then if I try map a button it will just activate RS as movement and won't even recognize that I'm pressing a different button. I didn't wire up RS. Does anybody know what it might be?
  • SUGATASUGATA Joined: Posts: 15
    edited December 2016
    Tell me please are there any difference in input lag (delay) between Brook FIGHTING BOARD PS3/PS4 and Brook UNIVERSAL FIGHTING BOARD?

P.S. Also, does anyone knows where to buy/order custom HITBOX metal or metal case only (except Hitboxarcade because i have one)?
    SUGATA wrote: »
    Tell me please are there any difference in input lag (delay) between Brook FIGHTING BOARD PS3/PS4 and Brook UNIVERSAL FIGHTING BOARD?

P.S. Also, does anyone knows where to buy/order custom HITBOX metal or metal case only (except Hitboxarcade because i have one)?

If there is, the difference is so small you will never notice.