Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• NTSCcrpNTSCcrp Joined: Posts: 12
    I'm not planning on changing OS, I'll just unplug the stick when starting the computer. Thanks anyway.
  • AzN InKAzN InK I was a Tom Joined: Posts: 643
    Hi I heard recently that the J2 function for touch pad click got changed to SOCD selection? Does this mean that lose touch pad click all together when you replace the stock TE2+ pcb with brooks universal?
    "Ontop of that, all you dudes calling us fat and ugly and whatever you can think of. Good job, if I was cute and skinny would you fuck me? Is that what you really want?" - Marn

"... ball gargling champion of the western suburbs..."
  • Antonio-o-oAntonio-o-o Joined: Posts: 331
    AzN InK wrote: »
    Hi I heard recently that the J2 function for touch pad click got changed to SOCD selection?

I'd like to know this as well. I was planning on purchasing the Brook touchpad just up until I read this very post when attempting to source some more information on the J2 pinout. I was hoping to use the official Brook touchpad with the UFB (not w/a TE2). Any insight on this?
  • NoryiaNoryia Joined: Posts: 53
    Touchpad is on J4 and not J2.
    Noryia wrote: »
    Touchpad is on J4 and not J2.

No, I believe that's for the touchpad key/button only (minus Turbo Led, 5+ & ground of course). I'm speaking specifically to the actual touchpad itself. I currently have the J4 header in use with TE1. Now I'm looking to equip an actual touchpad panel to my stick.
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,093
    Hi All

Brook converter and Fighting board are working well on system V4.74 of #PS4

Without updated file
    @GOGO.Zippy
    Any word on if in fact the official Brook touchpad still functions by way of the J2 pinout of the UFB or has the functionality of J2 been modified?

Thanks
    @GOGO.Zippy
    Any word on if in fact the official Brook touchpad still functions by way of the J2 pinout of the UFB or has the functionality of J2 been modified?

Thanks

@Antonio-o-o
    Yes, it's official Brook Touchpad, but it's only for Brook PS4/3/PC and PS4+Audio fighting board.
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    @GOGO.Zippy

Thanks

@Antonio-o-o
    Yes, it's official Brook Touchpad, but it's only for Brook PS4/3/PC and PS4+Audio fighting board.

So is there no way to get the touchpad to work with the UFB? Or is there perhaps a different touchpad from Brooks that only functions with the UFB?
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,298
    edited September 15
    So is there no way to get the touchpad to work with the UFB?
    No.
    Or is there perhaps a different touchpad from Brooks that only functions with the UFB?
    Yes, though it's for all of Brook's current fighting board products, not just the UFB. Check it:
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/Fighting Board/list.html

By the way, it's just "Brook." Singular. Not plural. Brooks is a running shoe brand.
    edited September 15
    jopamo wrote: »
    So is there no way to get the touchpad to work with the UFB?
    No.
    Or is there perhaps a different touchpad from Brooks that only functions with the UFB?
    Yes, though it's for all of Brook's current fighting board products, not just the UFB. Check it:
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/Fighting Board/list.html

By the way, it's just "Brook." Singular. Not plural. Brooks is a running shoe brand.

The existence of multiple Brook pcbs isn't news to me, but the fact that the official touchpad panel failing to work with only the UFB.. is. That's a real shame. I guess I'm glad I never pulled the trigger on that eBay listing earlier this week. Thanks for the help guys.

I think I says "Brooks" because of yet another B-r-o-o-k brand that is more on my radar than that of the running shoe: Brooks England.
    edited September 15
    The touchpad is only used as a button in most fighting games as a reset mechanism for training mode. Why is it such a big deal? Wire up a button to "TPKey" and ground for reset function, and call it a day.

The UFB emulates touch functions if needed:
    UFB-TPemulate.jpg
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • LtheGreatLtheGreat Joined: Posts: 12
    Put in the Brooks Board into my Qanba Q4, only issue is I don't have a home button which is problematic with a PS4. What do I need to buy to make this work? Any help appreciated

13512187_10154316204181052_3479219230547559566_n.jpg?oh=f073567cedc04410356fe62aa7692606&oe=5A587368
    edited September 21
    The easy way (not recommended): drill, some wire, quick disconnects, crimp tool and a 24mm button
    The not so easy way: soldering iron, solder, and some wire
    The not so easy way (alt): crimp tool, JST (PH or XH) pins and connectors, some wire
  • blueNINEblueNINE Alex Smith Joined: Posts: 1,336
    LtheGreat wrote: »
    Put in the Brooks Board into my Qanba Q4, only issue is I don't have a home button which is problematic with a PS4. What do I need to buy to make this work? Any help appreciated
    The easiest way would probably be to plug the ribbon cable back into the green PCB, figure out which wire is for the Home button, then connect the other end of that wire to the Brook board. Also, there's another thread that is better suited for your question: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/194283/absolute-question-and-answer-thread-v-3-ask-your-questions-here#latest.
    Please let me know if you need stick mods or repairs!
    True. Just make sure you trace a ground connection for Home from that board too.
  • zerofxizerofxi thug probe! Joined: Posts: 539
    I have been reading through the entire thread and I am unclear of 2 things:
    Just out of curiosity, what are people using for the home button? Only having a start and select on a Razer kind of leaves an option on the table, making you choose between home, options, and share on ps4. I guess I can live without the share button if it comes to that.

@Wade Garrett
    We used combo keys >> PS and SHARE (or SELECT) to update firmware.
    Brook will provide to add Option (or START) to update in future..

1. Has the ability to use PS + OPTION (or START) to update firmware ever been added? (seems to have been planned 2 years ago in this quote from Zippy)
    2. Can we use PS + TPKEY (instead of SHARE for SELECT) to update firmware?

• LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 279
    Would be nice to have OPTION+PS for updating.
    twitch.tv/lleg3nd
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 202
    zerofxi wrote: »
    Please no. TPKey doesn't always exist on modded sticks, and only worth when you play on PS4 and with a game which has the TPkey binded.

edited September 22
    Uh... no, please. Things are a-ok where they are.
    Please no. TPKey doesn't always exist on modded sticks, and only worth when you play on PS4 and with a game which has the TPkey binded.
    Man...I feel so left out, not owning a PS4.

49b6b56b3ba891b1f6b5e3e6dc2357ff.620x349x123.gif
  • asiangrafxasiangrafx Joined: Posts: 200
    LtheGreat wrote: »

plug back the ribbon cable to the daughter pcb where the home and guide buttons are. wire gnd to ground, select to start on brook, option to select, and home to home. you can also put turbo to tpkey but that would require soldering. i did one for a friend today and even connected the player leds.
    Guys, I was just asking if it was possible to use PS + TPKEY to trigger firmware updates as an alternative to PS + SHARE.

I only have 3 buttons on my stick for PS (HOME), OPTION (START) and SHARE (SELECT) or TPKEY (SELECT). Just wanted to know if I can replace SHARE for TPKEY since I know it also counts as SELECT on other consoles. I still want to retain the ability to trigger firmware updates.

@GOGO.Zippy can you help answer these questions?
    1. Has the ability to use PS (HOME) + OPTION (START) to update firmware ever been added? (you spoke of adding it to the UFB about 2 years ago)
    2. Is it possible to use PS (HOME) + TPKEY (instead of SHARE since TPKEY is also SELECT) to update firmware?
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 367
    Guys, I was just asking if it was possible to use PS + TPKEY to trigger firmware updates as an alternative to PS + SHARE.

I only have 3 buttons on my stick for PS (HOME), OPTION (START) and SHARE (SELECT) or TPKEY (SELECT). Just wanted to know if I can replace SHARE for TPKEY since I know it also counts as SELECT on other consoles. I still want to retain the ability to trigger firmware updates.

1. Has the ability to use PS (HOME) + OPTION (START) to update firmware ever been added? (you spoke of adding it to the UFB about 2 years ago)
    2. Is it possible to use PS (HOME) + TPKEY (instead of SHARE since TPKEY is also SELECT) to update firmware?

i will discuss with Zippy about that

Thank you so much!
  • SaveFightingSaveFighting Games & Pussy..Cats Joined: Posts: 418
    Having issues on Windows 10 where sometimes after boot it will say USB Device Unrecognized. After I plug it out and in again it will work. Any fix for this? I'm on the newest firmware.
    Real gamers play Fighting games. Fuck all the haters.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 585
    Having issues on Windows 10 where sometimes after boot it will say USB Device Unrecognized. After I plug it out and in again it will work. Any fix for this? I'm on the newest firmware.

USB cable going bad maybe?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    edited September 26

Tried two different USB cables same issue.

maybe try another PC
    in fact, as long as it is good, you don't have to worry about anything
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 27
    It just occurred to me: how about providing on-the-fly button remapping for the Brook UFB, even if the configuration is lost between sessions (after disconnecting/turning off the energy source)? Better than physically switching wires for specific scenarios (e.g., ones involving converters), so I'd definitely appreciate it. It doesn't sound like a difficult feature to implement...
    Post edited by ShinMagus on
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."

maybe try another PC
    in fact, as long as it is good, you don't have to worry about anything

Tried on 3 diff PC's. LOL. I'll test some other stuff out.
    Happy Moon Festival to All
    Brook fighting board and converters are working well w/o updated file in the system V5.00 of PS4.
  • Exedore4970Exedore4970 When in doubt, I Sonic Boom! Joined: Posts: 6
    edited October 3
    EDIT: Message posted by error, can be deleted.
  • steveyseesteveysee Joined: Posts: 21
    Hi all, Just a quick query on UFB, all installed fine and no issues except in Switch/Pokken mode, it feels slighty laggy to me compared with standard controllers..anybody else feel this way and is there anything that can be done? Using it for USF2.
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    steveysee wrote: »
    Hi all, Just a quick query on UFB, all installed fine and no issues except in Switch/Pokken mode, it feels slighty laggy to me compared with standard controllers..anybody else feel this way and is there anything that can be done? Using it for USF2.

Yep, I have noticed some lag too. :( In the Sonic Mania Bonus (Blue Spheres) Stages this is particularly troublesome. :|
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • doujinshi_2001doujinshi_2001 Superman That Ho Joined: Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i need to ask this in this thread and don't wanna search through 70 pages so apologies if this was already answered somewhere. i installed a brook UFB in my TE2 via the easy mod and it definitely feels faster than my qanba dragon and would like to make it my stick of choice when traveling to tournaments. my question is does it still have problems with disconnecting in some ps4's? i don't know for sure because i don't play sfv on ps4 i only play on pc....
    Niggas got carlos canceled two days in a row. - Adam Warlock
    Pokemon Heart Gold: 5242 4130 9548
    edited October 4
    ShinMagus wrote: »

Yep, I have noticed some lag too. :( In the Sonic Mania Bonus (Blue Spheres) Stages this is particularly troublesome. :|

@ShinMagus @steveysee
    We will check with USF2 on Switch.

Any word on this? Thanks!

Any word on this? Thanks!

@zerofxi

The updated code can't be change via USB with App.
  • steveyseesteveysee Joined: Posts: 21
    ShinMagus wrote: »

@ShinMagus @steveysee
    We will check with USF2 on Switch.

Hi, any news on this yet please?
    i need to ask this in this thread and don't wanna search through 70 pages so apologies if this was already answered somewhere. i installed a brook UFB in my TE2 via the easy mod and it definitely feels faster than my qanba dragon and would like to make it my stick of choice when traveling to tournaments. my question is does it still have problems with disconnecting in some ps4's? i don't know for sure because i don't play sfv on ps4 i only play on pc....

no