Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 2017
    i need to ask this in this thread and don't wanna search through 70 pages so apologies if this was already answered somewhere. i installed a brook UFB in my TE2 via the easy mod and it definitely feels faster than my qanba dragon and would like to make it my stick of choice when traveling to tournaments. my question is does it still have problems with disconnecting in some ps4's? i don't know for sure because i don't play sfv on ps4 i only play on pc....

You need to make sure the latest firmware is installed, on the Brook UFB.
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • WhtLotusWhtLotus Joined: Posts: 24
    Hey guys,

So I have an old sparky Jr PWM with a Teasy strike installed in one of my old sticks and I wanted to upgrade the old stick by replacing the Teasy Strike with a Brook Universal Board. Do you guys know if the 20 pin connector is plug and play with the Spark Jr PWM?
  • zero_requiemzero_requiem Joined: Posts: 218
    edited October 2017
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any info on it. Going to buy a bunch of 22 awg wire from amazon and im wondering if I should get copper or aluminum. These will be used on screw terminals on brook ufb. I don't plan on soldering any of these wires. Thanks!
  • WhtLotusWhtLotus Joined: Posts: 24
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any info on it. Going to buy a bunch of 22 awg wire from amazon and im wondering if I should get copper or aluminum. These will be used on screw terminals on brook ufb. I don't plan on soldering any of these wires. Thanks!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think it really matters. If you want to get technical, copper is more conductive, weighs more, and is probably more durable due to its density, but I think all of this is negligible.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,378
    edited October 2017
    Just make sure that you get stranded core wire, and not solid core. Solid is harder to bend, and at larger gauges, significantly harder to work with in tight spaces
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    edited October 2017
    Guys quick question, how does the turbo button function? Is is similar to how it function in TE sticks? Hold down turbo, and press which button you want to rapid fire, and repeat same to turn off the turbo?

Reason I ask is that my brother soldered on a turbo button and led for me, and whenever i press the button, all my buttons turn to rapid fire. Haven't opened my case yet due to laziness to check if everything was soldered neatly and correctly, but he is a crack shot at soldering so I really doubt he messed it up,

Tried searching the thread but everything that came up on turbo dealt with using the turbo panels from TE sticks lol
    "Foolish Worm"
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    Working properly now, there was a solder bridge
    "Foolish Worm"
  • Murphy0XMurphy0X Joined: Posts: 67
    So I downloaded an xbox one system update and now everytime I plug my ufb into my xbox one it asks me to update my controller firmware. Obviously I don't want to do this since it's not a microsoft pcb

@GOGO.Zippy any chance we can get a firmware update for the ufb that makes the xbox one think I have the latest controller firmware version? Not sure what will happen if I accidently hit "yes" on that upgrade prompt...
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,106
    Murphy0X wrote: »
    So I downloaded an xbox one system update and now everytime I plug my ufb into my xbox one it asks me to update my controller firmware. Obviously I don't want to do this since it's not a microsoft pcb

@GOGO.Zippy any chance we can get a firmware update for the ufb that makes the xbox one think I have the latest controller firmware version? Not sure what will happen if I accidently hit "yes" on that upgrade prompt...

@Murphy0X
    When you entered update icon, don't worried about it. UFB still could work well on Xbox one after updating.
    UFB don't accept any data and don't change firmware.
  • jhferryjhferry Spirit Of Vengence Joined: Posts: 555
    edited October 2017
    Is there any plans to add more systems support the fighting board?

What does 1K for Wii U - Pokken Tournament and Nintendo Switch
    2K for Original Xbox mean?

Its supports Wii U and Switch?
    Post edited by jhferry on
    Yes dude. ;-)

Just. It’s that Wii U support pretty much only includes Pokken Tournament, game wise
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,726
    jhferry wrote: »
    Is there any plans to add more systems support the fighting board?

What does 1K for Wii U - Pokken Tournament and Nintendo Switch
    2K for Original Xbox mean?

Its supports Wii U and Switch?

its more than it emulates the Pokken controller rather than a Wii U controller
    Will not work with all Wii U games, will work with Switch games fine
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • KavasKavas Joined: Posts: 7
    Hi. Installed the brook universal fighting board into my cabinet yesterday. I have it connected to a ps4. When I hold the home button down, it doesn't turn on the system. How can I get it to act like a regular controller by it turning on the ps4 with the home button held down?
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 289
    Kavas wrote: »
    Hi. Installed the brook universal fighting board into my cabinet yesterday. I have it connected to a ps4. When I hold the home button down, it doesn't turn on the system. How can I get it to act like a regular controller by it turning on the ps4 with the home button held down?

As far as I'm aware, you can't turn on the PS4 with a wired controller.
    twitch.tv/relevantjohn
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,726

last i check only Sony brand Dual shock 4 controllers can do remote activation
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    edited November 2017
    Both the Brook Universal Fighting Board and the Brook Super Converter (PS3/PS4 to WiiU with latest Switch converter firmware) lag perceivably on the Switch, compared to the Joy Con and the Nintendo Pro Controller. ;( @Brook_Engineer @GOGO.Zippy
    Post edited by ShinMagus on
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
  • ASIAN SEN5ATIONASIAN SEN5ATION The One 'N' Only! Joined: Posts: 67
    Dubon wrote: »
    It depends on wether its the 360 or ps3 version. 360 te can be done without soldering

Hello it seems like you have alot of experience with modding a Madcatz TE with a Brook UF board with this breakout board on it?

[img][/img]KnQT8aO.png

I got the whole Board & Wires from Ebay thinking it would be a plug & play but that's not the case.

Any help would be very helpful.

The link the Ebay Site is below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Breakout-Board-8-Cables-Brook-Universal-Fight-Board-Fighting/152152547987?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

What is throwing me off is there are 5 Pin Wire cables but the Original fightstick boards have 6 Pins

Thank You

Danny
    Danny "ASIAN SEN5ATION" Ngo :rock:
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 367
    ShinMagus wrote: »
    Both the Brook Universal Fighting Board and the Brook Super Converter (PS3/PS4 to WiiU with latest Switch converter firmware) lag perceivably on the Switch, compared to the Joy Con and the Nintendo Pro Controller. ;( @Brook_Engineer @GOGO.Zippy

working on it already
    Darksakul wrote: »

last i check only Sony brand Dual shock 4 controllers can do remote activation

correct
  • SquabblerSquabbler 402 - No Meter Joined: Posts: 1,144
    Hi @Brook_Engineer

I'm having trouble with Universal Fighting Board (with latest firmware) after PS4 v5.01 update; specifically with Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

The last four buttons (R1, R2, L1, L2) keep cutting in and out on a ~10 second cycle. I have confirmed that it's the v5.01 update, as I was able to test it on a v5.0 PS4 and it doesn't cycle; works fine.

I will run more tests tonight in other games, but it definitely cuts out in Marvel.

Anyone else having this issue, or one similar?
    "They're all whores to the core." - O
    www.memphisranbats.com
  • thisRalfthisRalf Joined: Posts: 104
    edited November 2017
    Heya. Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread.

Trying to mod a Rap4 Kai with the Brook Ultimate. Already did it with a TE1 without much issue.

I cannot find a diagram for the side panel PCB (the switches, turbo panel, ect) that shows the wiring for the to setup that functionality. I've search this thread for instructions, but cannot find anything concrete other than its already labeled on the board.

Is there a breakout board that does this already? Or am I on my own on this one?

• The BlackstarThe Blackstar Malax Joined: Posts: 116
    edited November 2017
    Ok, so I have searched this thread and not really found the issue I'm having, so I apologize if it's here and I don't see it.

I'm having an issue where multiple button inputs do not register correctly together, specifically when my jab button is involved.

If I press jab 20 times, all 20 register just fine. However, if I press jab + any other button or 2 buttons e.g. all 3 punches together, the multiple inputs inconsistently register on the same frame.

Most of the time it kinda plinks, but sometimes it just presses the jab input separately on a different frame entirely. The issue only seems to be when I press that button at the same time with others. Pressing 2 or 3 other buttons together works fine.

My board has been updated to the latest firmware, however I did not install it, a reputable modder here on the forums did.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Post edited by The Blackstar on
    8:41 NEOredroy: it's like the standard vanilla chars are all quiznos and they tried to come through with some Subway and think we wouldn't notice. like come on n1ggas, spend some time on that sh*t
    edited November 2017
    Soft button remapping would be very convenient - preferrably on the Brook Universal Fighting Board, but I suppose on all of Brook's Super Converters it would also be helpful... :P
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
  • shortman1243shortman1243 Joined: Posts: 275
    Currently, my friend is having issues with the spark v1 on the BROOK UNIVERSAL FIGHTING BOARD. Does anyone know what is going on or have similar issues?
    edited November 2017
    Currently, my friend is having issues with the spark v1 on the BROOK UNIVERSAL FIGHTING BOARD. Does anyone know what is going on or have similar issues? [/quot

what issue?
    Currently, my friend is having issues with the spark v1 on the BROOK UNIVERSAL FIGHTING BOARD. Does anyone know what is going on or have similar issues? [/quot

what issue?
  • shortman1243shortman1243 Joined: Posts: 275
    I recently got the chance to assemble a fight stick for a friend with Brook Universal Board and it is having a weird issues. When you first plug it in, the game will keep on automatically scroll down and enter the home menu repeatedly on the PS3. You will need to re plug the USB a few times for it to function. After that it it works okay. However, when you go to practice mode everything works great except the game will not register the 9 direction (upper right corner). And when you try to go from 1 to 4, 4 does not register. However, the weirdest is that the game register all the buttons normally except when you enter the direction 9. 9 will not show up unless u go from 6 or 8 to 9 or hold that direction for a few seconds later. If you rotated the joystick round it will skip the 9 position when you are trying to go 360 motion. When you rotate counter clockwise the display shows it goes 6 (right) to center and 8 (top). I even when online to update the board seeing if that fixes the problem and it did not. Seeing if the spark v1 is not compatible with it. My Ascii optical have not issues with it. I tried this on PC with 8 and it having the same issues. Please advise.
    Check (and then recheck) your wiring.
  • Shin_KazShin_Kaz Joined: Posts: 208
    ShinMagus wrote: »
    Soft button remapping would be very convenient - preferrably on the Brook Universal Fighting Board, but I suppose on all of Brook's Super Converters it would also be helpful... :P

I second that :)
  • ford12acingford12acing Joined: Posts: 35
    tried to update firmware, holding home/select, but nothing happens when i plug it in on windows
    brook support is non-existent. i re-wired and still can't get the board to update or do anything. i guess this is going back and this will be my first and last brook product.
    edited November 2017
    Has only eight posts...
    Posts for the first time in the very thread where he can actually get support...
    That post is pre-emptively insulting the very people who will be helping him...

Yeah, dude. You’re gonna do just fine here. :lol:
    Post edited by jopamo on
    im not bashing anyone here. im saying the product is garbage, aka the manufacturer. how can you sell something without testing at the factory? whatever, if this is how this board is, peace
    edited November 2017
    How can you bash something w/o first truly finding out from the source that it’s the product that’s at fault (and not prospectively your derptasticness)?

Ask your question on the issue. Give your context (setup/troubleshooting). Wait for engineers to respond in this thread.

It’s really not rocket science.
  • BiggzBiggz Joined: Posts: 46
    The brook guys in this thread are pretty good and helpful. Good luck getting better support out of a board maker...

But to help..
    i re-wired and still can't get the board to update or do anything

I would try removing all wires apart from the buttons for hold/select.. or you could just do away with the buttons and bridge their terminals to ground... and then try updating again.

Does the PC make a noise like it's recognized a USB device?
    Have you tried different USB ports?
    Have you tried USB2 and USB3 ports?
    Have you tried another computer?

• thisRalfthisRalf Joined: Posts: 104
    edited November 2017
    thisRalf wrote: »
    Heya. Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread.

Trying to mod a Rap4 Kai with the Brook Ultimate. Already did it with a TE1 without much issue.

I cannot find a diagram for the side panel PCB (the switches, turbo panel, ect) that shows the wiring for the to setup that functionality. I've search this thread for instructions, but cannot find anything concrete other than its already labeled on the board.

Is there a breakout board that does this already? Or am I on my own on this one?

Actually I completed most of the mod tonight. I was able to get all the extraneous buttons to work (L3, R3, Turbo, menu, PS button, share) to work using the existing secondary PCB. I haven't done the DP, L-stick, r-stick though. Nor have I wired the LEDs. But that is because I didn't bother to do so. It will be done when I fix up the art.

If anybody needs it I should be able to diagram the wires. :)
    Biggz wrote: »
    The brook guys in this thread are pretty good and helpful. Good luck getting better support out of a board maker...

But to help..
    i re-wired and still can't get the board to update or do anything

I would try removing all wires apart from the buttons for hold/select.. or you could just do away with the buttons and bridge their terminals to ground... and then try updating again.

Does the PC make a noise like it's recognized a USB device?
    Have you tried different USB ports?
    Have you tried USB2 and USB3 ports?
    Have you tried another computer?

that's exactly what i did. i took everything apart. only wired in select/home. used a different wire. used a different usb cable. used different buttons. used different switches, used three computers. the pc makes an audible connection noise then an immediate disconnect noise (system sounds), although the device continues to be detected in device manager. that was when i determined the board is DOA
    What version of Windows are you running?
    running windows 10 on all three machines. i would also note, that my nvidia shield tv would not recognize the brook adapater.
    edited November 2017
    Windows 10, as far as I’ve read, doesn’t have issues with the board as does some configs with Windows 7.

Are you using a USB A-to-B cables that are known-good data cables? Before you say “duh, of course,” I mean...have you used the ones you tried with other devices (like a printer) and confirmed data was being sent?

If so, how long are these cables? 5M/16ft+ runs can (and will) lose signal before those signals get to the target device.

Does the on-board led light up upon connection?

Have you grounded everything properly?

Take a photo of the connection setup. Post it on Imgur, and share the link with us here.