Brook Universal Fighting Board Thread

1656667686971»

Comments

• ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 12
    i need to ask this in this thread and don't wanna search through 70 pages so apologies if this was already answered somewhere. i installed a brook UFB in my TE2 via the easy mod and it definitely feels faster than my qanba dragon and would like to make it my stick of choice when traveling to tournaments. my question is does it still have problems with disconnecting in some ps4's? i don't know for sure because i don't play sfv on ps4 i only play on pc....

You need to make sure the latest firmware is installed, on the Brook UFB.
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • WhtLotusWhtLotus Joined: Posts: 20
    Hey guys,

So I have an old sparky Jr PWM with a Teasy strike installed in one of my old sticks and I wanted to upgrade the old stick by replacing the Teasy Strike with a Brook Universal Board. Do you guys know if the 20 pin connector is plug and play with the Spark Jr PWM?
  • zero_requiemzero_requiem Joined: Posts: 155
    edited October 18
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any info on it. Going to buy a bunch of 22 awg wire from amazon and im wondering if I should get copper or aluminum. These will be used on screw terminals on brook ufb. I don't plan on soldering any of these wires. Thanks!
  • WhtLotusWhtLotus Joined: Posts: 20
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any info on it. Going to buy a bunch of 22 awg wire from amazon and im wondering if I should get copper or aluminum. These will be used on screw terminals on brook ufb. I don't plan on soldering any of these wires. Thanks!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think it really matters. If you want to get technical, copper is more conductive, weighs more, and is probably more durable due to its density, but I think all of this is negligible.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,186
    edited October 20
    Just make sure that you get stranded core wire, and not solid core. Solid is harder to bend, and at larger gauges, significantly harder to work with in tight spaces
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    edited October 20
    Guys quick question, how does the turbo button function? Is is similar to how it function in TE sticks? Hold down turbo, and press which button you want to rapid fire, and repeat same to turn off the turbo?

Reason I ask is that my brother soldered on a turbo button and led for me, and whenever i press the button, all my buttons turn to rapid fire. Haven't opened my case yet due to laziness to check if everything was soldered neatly and correctly, but he is a crack shot at soldering so I really doubt he messed it up,

Tried searching the thread but everything that came up on turbo dealt with using the turbo panels from TE sticks lol
    "Foolish Worm"
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    Working properly now, there was a solder bridge
    "Foolish Worm"