SFV PC Custom Skin Mod Thread(NO mod requests)

Comments

• heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    rmmej7.png

Cant wait for an injector. Just doing this took a lot of time.
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • siegfried1siegfried1 Joined: Posts: 475
  • Trife88Trife88 Juri doesn't suck. The game sucks. Joined: Posts: 7,121
    PFunk wrote: »
    @Trife88 : I would assume that things should eventually be very straightforward considering that this is straight up UE4 (give or take some time needed to figure out some details, like which specific version of the engine is to be used, and so on). As a matter of fact I think that we will most likely see a TON of model swaps and ports considering how easier modding will be compared to IV. It could be a good thing, but also could create some sort of saturation. We'll see !

I see. Please keep us updated! I have never modded on the UE4 engine but if what you say is true, I'm down to try
    Streets of Rage 2 > SFV
  • PFunkPFunk Joined: Posts: 128
    edited January 2016
    @Trife88 - In theory it's indeed all very straightforward : getting the models from the game (it's been done already) > modeling new geometry around the base skeleton > exporting that as FBX > importing in UE4 > spitting out the .uasset.

In practice things are more tricky though, because the developers most likely heavily modified the engine and the file format. I did a quick test and indeed, it caused the game to crash. So from there the ball is in the camp of the smart folks able to reverse-engineer that sort of stuff.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,185
    Watching the video 3 posts up has me wishing there was a "correct lip sync for english" mod.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,798
    Cestus wrote: »
    Anybody found the official colors of these alts?

With Ryu/Ken Alpha alt they did

bump
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,703
    A little question.
    is it possible to change Cammys eyecolor in color 2 back to brown,like it was in the E3 and Beta1 builds.
    This color combination looks incredible good with brown eyes for some reasons.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Lili, Josie
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This Q is fucking FANTASTIC! You sir are talented! But I think he needs to be a little darker under that mask (yes Q is likely a black man under there). @Shockdingo
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,596
    edited February 2016
    Daemos wrote: »
    This Q is fucking FANTASTIC! You sir are talented! But I think he needs to be a little darker under that mask (yes Q is likely a black man under there). @Shockdingo
    I AM PLEASED WITH MY SUMMONING! That is freakin' beautiful. I really, REALLY hope Q makes it in SF5 at some point!

@PFunk I am absolutely loving your work, keep it up man, cheers! :)
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,545
    PFunk, that's some solid sculpting dude. I'm partial to the Classic face with less angles, but those are both solid.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
    Thanks for the kind words guys, I am eagerly waiting for more info on modding in order to port it over ... Agreed on the smooth head @Kanta-Kun ; @Shockdingo : me too ! @Daemos : Interesting ! I always assumed that he was native japanese because of the reference to Robot Detective K, but he is indeed taller than most of the cast of the game. Fun stuff :)
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,596
    Thanks for the kind words guys, I am eagerly waiting for more info on modding in order to port it over ... Agreed on the smooth head @Kanta-Kun ; @Shockdingo : me too ! @Daemos : Interesting ! I always assumed that he was native japanese because of the reference to Robot Detective K, but he is indeed taller than most of the cast of the game. Fun stuff :)

I'm really looking forward to the influx of mods that'll come with this. I'm going to get the game on PC so this will be the first time I can take advantage of mods in Street Fighter.

About his skin, a while back, I saw a theory that he was the agent in Q's ending (David -both named agents are X-Files reference to David Duchovney and Gillian Anderson hah), then I started looking to see how much weight that theory held. I eventually started noticing that his down, fierce kick has his pants roll up past his socks and he has rather dark skin shown in other sprites, then I went all conspiracy mode a bit later and made a post (link in sig).

If Q comes back in SF5, I hope they don't change his look too much or at all really since he's only had one appearance. For alt costumes the Robo Detective K looks (in plain clothes, and "naked" ) are a must, but in general I'm not too sure what I'd do. His look works so well because it's simple and iconic. I don't really think a drastic alt costume would work for him, but I could be wrong.

Question for you; What V-Trigger and Critical art would you like to give him?

(Sorry for going off topic heh)
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

edited February 2016
    Hehe @Shockdingo , that was a pretty fun read ! At the very least the red tie is a dead giveaway for a link to the FBI. The only inconsistency I could think of is the fact that Q definitely has a patch of brown hair on his neck, meaning that he is not bald underneath. However this could just be an internal inconsistency ... I even had to tweak the overall shape of the mask of bit (jawline mostly) because many of the official illustrations do not match the sprite itself :D

About him being a robot or not : I see it like a fun nod to how cheap sentai and metal hero series are - like the way robot detective K is moving very much like, well, a guy in a suit :) SFIII is super interesting in the way it references a ton of obscure pop culture material like that. That's a huge part of why I like the game so much.

V-skill : 3S parry
    V-reversal : 3S taunt animation
    V-trigger : timed bomb throw
    SA : hard to tell !!
    Hehe @Shockdingo , that was a pretty fun read ! At the very least the red tie is a dead giveaway for a link to the FBI. The only inconsistency I could think of is the fact that Q definitely has a patch of brown hair on his neck, meaning that he is not bald underneath. However this could just be an internal inconsistency ... I even had to tweak the overall shape of the mask of bit (jawline mostly) because many of the official illustrations do not match the sprite itself :D

About him being a robot or not : I see it like a fun nod to how cheap sentai and metal hero series are - like the way robot detective K is moving very much like, well, a guy in a suit :) SFIII is super interesting in the way it references a ton of obscure pop culture material like that. That's a huge part of why I like the game so much.

V-skill : 3S parry
    V-reversal : 3S taunt animation
    V-trigger : timed bomb throw
    SA : hard to tell !!

Thanks! Heh, yeah, I kept wondering about the hair, part of me was thinking wires or a wig hah. Oh? Interesting, didn't know you had come across art inconsistencies for his sprites and official art! Hmm.

I never thought about his movement being a Metal Hero throwback, that's kinda nifty if that's what they were going for!

I like your idea for the V skills. For his CA I think I'd try and combine Critical Combo attack and have it end with Deadly Double;

Camera pulls in close to Q's mask, eye glints suddenly as he pushes his hat up with a single finger. He dashes similar to Charlie's CA start up and lands the barrage of punches. On the last one he stomps on the opponent's foot, holding them in place. He delivers the gut punch, the camera pulls back to show dust spraying in all directions and immediately cuts back to a close shot of the two. The opponent, still stunned and shaking is suddenly hit from overhead by Q dropping a haymaker that smashes them into the ground. The camera, switched to a bird's eye view, holds as everything is still, except for the explosion of dust and debris in all directions as the powerful sounds of the hit echo out. All is still for a moment more, then suddenly the world springs to life as the opponent spirals into the air and lands behind Q who dusts himself off in a manner close to his parry.

A bit wordy, but I thought why not? Heh

edited February 2016
    Hehe nice - these characters really have a life of their own :)
    As for inconsistencies, here a rendition that is quite different from the 3S cover art and the character selection portrait (less bulky mask mostly) :

fT3cKrc.jpg

I like how it shows the character in a completely different context, becoming a public figure similar to Dr Manhattan as opposed to being a watcher lurking in the shadows. Of course that's probably just a random picture with no connection with the actual story canon at all, but it's still fun to think about :)
    Heh, yeah these were from the secret files. They're interviewing "The Actors" from Sf3. I can't remember what 12's says, but it was a fun little nifty read heh. Q's actor was shooting the breeze and mentioned his wife or something lol

It's like you have motherfucking super powers, you can change these characters in anyway or shape you please, what do you do? Make them naked.

With great power comes great responsibility you know. Do the right thing, and give Bison that cape! :skull:
    edited February 2016
    Hehe nice job @hecz :) Funny how something that simple can change the look of a character so much !

Was playing with some colorization tweaks earlier :
    1VwMyPK.jpg

And some fun with Ken too -
    http://i.imgur.com/ElO5OQ0.jpg
  • ranixranix Joined: Posts: 581
    Already looking forward for a ken with (literaly) banana hair ;)
    and a version of him with fixed hair...

That kind of crazy to see how fast you learn meanwhile the gsme is not even out.
    I have the feeling we gona see even crazier mod in this game than sf4
    bisous
    Daemos wrote: »

Q is white (on the tanned side), and based on the original sprite, with blond hair

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts
    Hehe nice job @hecz :) Funny how something that simple can change the look of a character so much !

Was playing with some colorization tweaks earlier :
    1VwMyPK.jpg

And some fun with Ken too -
    http://i.imgur.com/ElO5OQ0.jpg

As PS4 user, still pray for -not shitty- color edit mode

• GojiraGojira Watch out KOF here I come Joined: Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looks like Q made the front page. I applaud your skill @PFunk but I'm almost afraid that Capcom will look at it, say "we can't top that" and then we never get Q in SFV lol
    HEY EVERYONE LET'S DO THE TAE KWAN DO THANG
  • CarterCarter Joined: Posts: 242
    edited February 2016
    hecz wrote: »
    bearded_ken_1_0_by_xheczx-d9qd2zy.png

please dont post that crap in here!

Oh, one more thing, stop teasing us with unfinished shit or stuff that you wont share, thats exactly what xkira did (according to you) and you talked tons of shit to him for that! And you are doing the same exact thing hahaha!
    At least xkira gave us pvp.
    You ruined that thread on sfxt mods with your nazi shit, please dont ruin this one too.

@PFunk good shit bro, you are talented as fuck. Can't wait for that injector!
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,820
    chunli_bikini_by_xheczx-d9qaew4.png
    Removed lower part of the dress.

Guile's not impressed, he removed the whole thing ;)
    edited February 2016
    Haha yeah @Gojira , it kinda got out of hand ! Hopefully I'll be able to post some posed screenshots soon, as a friend of mine is currently rigging him.

As for unreleased "test" mods, I personally don't see a big problem with them considering that we are all still learning now. Plus the game is not even out yet after all. So close though ! Can't wait to bring Nash online again.
    Post edited by PFunk on
    2hwyx51.png

Finally got the hang of the colors.

Twitch:
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • CarterCarter Joined: Posts: 242
    edited February 2016
    As for unreleased "test" mods, I personally don't see a big problem with them considering that we are all still learning now.

I dont either, the thing is this bitch cries when others do the same. Just check the sfxt thread, this kid ruined it. I dont want him to do the same here, hopefully nobody gives him any kind of power here.
    2q8ztsp.png

The fireball has a black ink trail, looks really cool in motion. Ill upload a video when I get out of work.

@PFunk
    Im running out of ideas, We need to find out a way to inject mesh :(
    Twitch:
  • XtraTrstrLXtraTrstrL Joined: Posts: 65
    Froztey wrote: »
    I can't believe they bothered censoring a damn thing after releasing that Laura alternate...what the fuck was the point?

LOL, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the alt. They're just chickens running around with their heads cut off. Instead of actually fixing real issues that are standing out like a sore thumb, they're wasting time doing nonsense with camera angles to take away from Mika's personality, when the game is about bringing out each character's personality. How about fixing up the horrible stage/NPC quality or all the clipping in the character models. Spend a lil time on that maybe, dummies. Sony can't be happy with what they're seeing, and I know Epic Games isn't flattered that UE4 is being promoted with this game so far, cuz it's not being done any justice what-so-ever.

Complete lack of budget/time constraint/rush job crap so far. They got my $60, and they ran with it. Capcom never learns from past mistakes, they're still after the quick buck upfront. Even though the whole idea behind the strategy of SFV is to keep it growing and thriving over the years, the approach so far is not looking good. In this new fighting game renaissance, they seem to be hoping to survive solely off the SF name, they aren't winning any awards for being the prettiest fighter out, that's for sure. Then soon as the next fighters start coming out, they're gonna get buried even further when it comes to visuals atleast. So far, the visual presentation and performance is very very sloppy and signs of a rush job are at every corner. I'm not even gonna get started on the character story still-art that they keep mentioning is done by Bengus, like that is doing him any favors or represents his ability. SMH, it's just so frustrating how Capcom finds a way to kill every top un-beatable franchise of theirs before they even release and get a fair shake in the market. The only hope is that they are very aware of all the issues and make major changes at a very fast rate after launch, with constant updates to everything. It's still a bad loook though, and is sure to effect the most important launch sales when it comes to casuals that aren't in favor of any specific fighter and just looking for a cool/pretty game to play. It'll easily get passed up by many of the casual folks they're always going after with all it's issues.
    @XtraTrstrL

I guess you missed the title in this thread. That rant belongs in SFV General discussion. :smiley:
    Twitch:
    @XtraTrstrL

I guess you missed the title in this thread. That rant belongs in SFV General discussion. :smiley:

Hecz, I think he needs a Snickers
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,043
    @XtraTrstrL

Hecz, I think he needs a Snickers

• Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,719
    edited February 2016
    Damn that bearded Ryu looks better than Capcom's for some reason. I think it's cuz it's black and not brown...
    @Shinkuu Tatsumaki

Thanx man. I think it looks weird because it looks like its cotton glued to his face XD
    Twitch:
    It's funny. But black beard Ken just looks so weird with blonde hair.
    @FengShuiEnergy
    He dyes his hair, Im pretty sure you know this. Looks fine to me tho. :pirate:
    Twitch:
    edited February 2016
    Was it really confirmed he dyes it? Hmmmm must have forgotten that part somewhere down the line.
    Was it really confirmed he dyes it? Hmmmm must have forgotten that part somewhere down the line.

Have you seen his eyebrows?
    That's good point.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,719
    But I thought Karin dyes her hair too. She dyes her eyebrows as well?
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    But I thought Karin dyes her hair too. She dyes her eyebrows as well?
    Of course! She's waaay more fashion forward than Ken :wink:

Plus her family is richer than Ken's. She can afford the extra dye.
  • Trife88Trife88 Juri doesn't suck. The game sucks. Joined: Posts: 7,121
    Are there any tutorials on modding SFV? Or are we waiting until release to open the flood gates?
    Streets of Rage 2 > SFV
  • GojiraGojira Watch out KOF here I come Joined: Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Trife88 wrote: »
    Are there any tutorials on modding SFV? Or are we waiting until release to open the flood gates?

Best to wait until release since we need to know how the final version reacts to modding. In the cracked beta a lot more is probably possible than normally would be.
    HEY EVERYONE LET'S DO THE TAE KWAN DO THANG
    Trife88 wrote: »

skin editing only. send me a pm or add me on steam. Im releasing my stuff after release bc im pretty sure capcom is going to change stuff and I have to start over.
    Twitch: