SFV PC Custom Skin Mod Thread(NO mod requests)

Comments

• Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    I've been trying to use the mod manager to install mods and none of them seem to work. I follow the instructions on http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11541123/1/ but I dont see any difference in game. Is there something I'm missing? I'm not even sure why a mod manager would be needed if its as easy as just putting the mod folder in the sf5 folder. I can only assume I'm missing a step.

You might need to run the mod manager in Administrator Mode. Right click the mod manage exe, then click run as admin.

You also might need to cut down on the amount of folder for you mods, while they're nested in the mod manager folder.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • PFunkPFunk Joined: Posts: 128
    I'm not even sure why a mod manager would be needed if its as easy as just putting the mod folder in the sf5 folder

You need to carefully follow the step related to "Read Game Archives". This is precisely the part that enables mods to be activated or not, and the reason why it is not as simple as dropping folders into the game (because .pak files always have topmost priority).
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Get on my level Joined: Posts: 1,684
    I've run it as administrator, I use the "read game archives button. I tired it with Bikini laura and this is what it shows in my sf5 folder:

ffibrk4.png

Theres a check mark next to the mod in the mod manager, but I still see nothing in game.
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Some mods have compatibility issues with Fluffy's Mod Manager program. Does it say anything about Bikini Laura being compatible with mod manager?
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/ Says its MM compatible. Has anyone else gotten this mod working using the Mod Manager?
    Heya @Minerva_SC - I just tried it for the sake of the discussion and yes, it is indeed MM compatible. The mod itself has a material issue (plastic skin) but as far as MM compatibility is concerned, no problem here.
    Well then I dunno wtf I'm doing wrong lol. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a bunch of times, tried putting the folder in different folders, tried different mods, no go on any of them. @PFunk does your SF5 folder look like mine with the mod installed?
    edited March 2016
    Nope, no BikiniFolder anywhere in sight in my game install folder here. There's definitely something fishy about your ModManager install. At least that narrows it down, we know what's wrong now :)
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    w8ing for the Skullamania Rashid mod...
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,816
    Suggestion: Vulcano Rosso mod for Nash
    vrossoex2.jpg

But change energy color from azure to orange/red
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    robhal wrote: »
    By that Bison mod, do you mean like this?
    oB0J55G.png

Is there a particular reason no one seems able to give Bison legs their proper coloring? His shin guard is made of metal and matches the armor on his wrists and shoulders. It is fixed onto his black boots, but is not black itself. Capcom got it right in all the artwork and CGI trailer but it is a detail that they seem to have annoyingly overlooked in his default costume. And now this?

The rest of him looks amazing though.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
    PFunk wrote: »
    Nope, no BikiniFolder anywhere in sight in my game install folder here. There's definitely something fishy about your ModManager install. At least that narrows it down, we know what's wrong now :)

Alright one last question, whats your install path sya in options?
    Not sure what you mean. You'll get good support here : http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11541123/1/
    If you go to options-Define game info-Current game:Street fighter 5, then click on install path, it will tell you were its installing the mods to.

If this doesnt work I'm pretty much just gonna give up on the mod manager, no big deal. Don't wanna register for zetaboards if I dont have to.
  • robhalrobhal Joined: Posts: 136
    @Minerva_SC
    Check your Mod Manager's mod folder path for BikiniLaura, maybe yours is like this \Mod Manager\Games\SF5\Mods\BikiniLaura\BikiniLaura

The correct mod folder path should be like this \Mod Manager\Games\SF5\Mods\BikiniLaura
    robhal wrote: »
    @Minerva_SC
    Check your Mod Manager's mod folder path for BikiniLaura, maybe yours is like this \Mod Manager\Games\SF5\Mods\BikiniLaura\BikiniLaura

The correct mod folder path should be like this \Mod Manager\Games\SF5\Mods\BikiniLaura

That was it! awesome, it works now. You are a god sir.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,582
    that feeling when you can't find the original color you used for a mod that you accidentally deleted. :|
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • WOKMANWOKMAN 御託はいい、はじめよう。 Joined: Posts: 1,155
    I love how the Silver pops on Bison. Why couldn't Capcom give it to us like that stock.
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Daemos - it's actually a very easy fix, the occlusion component of the texture in the shin guard area is just to dark compared to the other metal bits. It takes no time to edit (I also brightened up the grey color applied to all the metal parts to make the edit more obvious) :

sB9PaBQ.jpg

That looks fantastic! You're a wonderful human being!

I think the darker grey color matches his outfit better (which is actually a darker red than in other games), but anything is better than what Capcom gave us. Shame they won't fix this. It looks brutal in some of his alt colors.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,816
    @Daemos - it's actually a very easy fix, the occlusion component of the texture in the shin guard area is just to dark compared to the other metal bits. It takes no time to edit (I also brightened up the grey color applied to all the metal parts to make the edit more obvious) :

sB9PaBQ.jpg

I prefer the "dark steel" of the first pic, but agree that boots and shoulder pads should be of the same gray
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • Trife88Trife88 Joined: Posts: 8,293
    ATTENTION EVERYONE. BACK UP YOUR MOD FILES. CAPCOM MIGHT FUCK US OVER.
    "They are a representation of Trife's existential agony. Sharp visual metaphors, that aim to jolt the mind through behavioral observations and meaningful social commentary."
  • SaturnFrostSaturnFrost Joined: Posts: 9
    Vocaloid Glitz N Glam Mika Patch courtosey of Bloody Rain.
    To be installed after base mod is installed.
    Download: http://dusdeus.deviantart.com/art/R-Mika-Vocaloid-Pack-Glitz-n-Glam-patch-599406770
    r_mika_vocaloid_pack__glitz_n_glam_patch__by_dusdeus-d9wvd82.jpg

Heartless Shirt Patch for Alpha Series 3rd Edition.
    To be installed after base mod is installed.
    Download: http://dusdeus.deviantart.com/art/R-Mika-Costume-Alpha-Series-3StC-Heartless-Patch-599404320
    r_mika_costume_alpha_series_3stc_heartless_patch_by_dusdeus-d9wvbc0.jpg
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,201
    edited March 2016
    The update for me is like 5 gigs. I think we have to unpack the game again.
    Post edited by Smashbro29 on
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,742
    I moved my PAK files to another drive last month. Should I put them back before doing the update?
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,201
    Zebster wrote: »
    I moved my PAK files to another drive last month. Should I put them back before doing the update?

I personally didn't but it might make the download shorter. I don't have many mods installed so I just nuked it and started over basically.
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,263
    can one of you file diggers can check if a complete black version of nash´s premium outfit exist?

• bizzyrokbizzyrok Joined: Posts: 137
    appomo wrote: »
    can one of you file diggers can check if a complete black version of nash´s premium outfit exist?

You can see them in this vid http://oddshot.tv/shot/dantarion-2016032931932945
  • Trife88Trife88 Joined: Posts: 8,293
    My Cammy Pack is done. I have a Laura Pack that's also done. I might make some more chances because they kind of look basic, but Capcom did overdue Laura's color schemes. Um....I have some R. Mika colors on deck also.

I'll try to release all of theses as soon as possible. Whenever Capcom opens up the Market WITH the costumes I modded. I don't want to be bant.
    "They are a representation of Trife's existential agony. Sharp visual metaphors, that aim to jolt the mind through behavioral observations and meaningful social commentary."
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,263
    bizzyrok wrote: »
    appomo wrote: »

You can see them in this vid http://oddshot.tv/shot/dantarion-2016032931932945

i have seen that but seeing it at the stage with the full model would be of course better :)

• NΣRONΣRO Joined: Posts: 14
    If there's anyone willing to do a skin mod for me, plz PM me.
    I'm looking for someone who can possibly do a skin mod of Alex (well, once he's out of course)
  • robhalrobhal Joined: Posts: 136
    edited March 2016
    Wrong answer. Please delete it.
  • xenwallxenwall Joined: Posts: 123
    NΣRO wrote: »
    If there's anyone willing to do a skin mod for me, plz PM me.
    I'm looking for someone who can possibly do a skin mod of Alex (well, once he's out of course)

Might I refer you to the title of the thread: SFV PC CUSTOM SKIN MOD THREAD(NO MOD REQUESTS)
    I play hitbox so I can mash buttons while I'm mashing buttons.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,896
    @PFunk Dude, you're magnificent. Flat out magnificent!
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,545
    That looks sick, Funk. Specially the folds on the cargo pants.
    One thing I noticed on the closeups, you're doing the shoulder marks as scars? Those always registered as "war paint" for me. same as the ones on his face. Just a remark, even though, you know, artistic freedom and stuff.
    Alex3sport.gif
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that is awesome PFunk! as for the paint/scars, it's inconspicuous so it could be either from that gif you posted. i also always thought it was paint but whatever. it looks amazing.

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • hashratehashrate Joined: Posts: 150
    In progress -

b1rvBKi.gif

So f*coin awesome. Gotta love PC gaming.
    @pootnannies , @Kanta-Kun - yeah, I was never quite sure about that myself - sometimes I see them as scars and sometimes as paint ... and the confusion makes the character even more fun to me :) But yeah once I get to redo the torso and face I'll probably switch to a painted look, thick and chalky. Can't wait :)
  • bizzyrokbizzyrok Joined: Posts: 137
    @pootnannies , @Kanta-Kun - yeah, I was never quite sure about that myself - sometimes I see them as scars and sometimes as paint ... and the confusion makes the character even more fun to me :) But yeah once I get to redo the torso and face I'll probably switch to a painted look, thick and chalky. Can't wait :)

Do you think he looks a tad too big in sfv compared to sf3?