The Rage Quitting Thread

Comments

• AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando Goten More Years Joined: Posts: 3,140
    Oh, was hoping SWBeta had rage quit on stream.
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "AlphaCommando > RadicalFuzz" - Augustus
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,123
    There is a bug with the pc version that causes the game to crash to the desktop every 5-10 minutes. I have to disable my tablet driver to prevent the crash.
  • OmniusOmnius Joined: Posts: 105
    edited February 2016
    This was quite a good one

and the run back

Friends don't let friends Sagat.
  • LoupGrisLoupGris LOUP Joined: Posts: 569
    A Ken :)

Hail Satan!
  • RUMBLE82RUMBLE82 The Proctor Joined: Posts: 640
    edited February 2016

Omnius wrote: »
    This was quite a good one

and the run back

Damn bro, you are fighting nothing but quitters ;)
  • SpadaSpada CFN: MeraMora /MeraSpada Joined: Posts: 524
    I managed to record two rage quits, I received plenty of rage quits in the beta ;(

• xaazxaaz Joined: Posts: 254
    Spada wrote: »
    Match vs TheMayor

Man alive. It's one thing when you get ragequit on after annihilating your opponent. I don't agree with the act, but I understand where the ragequitter is coming from in that situation. It's another thing entirely though when the match was really close between two evenly matched players. Like vs TheMayor there. That was infuriating to watch, especially since I knew how it was going to end. Like you work so god damn hard to pull out the win and he just refuses to let you have it.

And I know, the points are meaningless, it was just a beta, blah, blah, blah, but really it's the principle of the thing. You work your ass off for the win and the validation that goes along with it only to have your opponent spit in your face and deny you out of spite.

God people suck sometimes.
    edited February 2016
    I guess this thread is going to live on for a while...

Nachoortiz come on man...

Post edited by Omnius on
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,360
    I've only been able to finish 2 matches without losing connection, for what it's worth.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • fushishifushishi Joined: Posts: 24

Beautiful ragequit by YoungThug. Classic form & perfect execution 10/10

also yeah I know I need a new graphics card
  • BasiliskBasilisk Joined: Posts: 194
    Better than ragequitting is ragewinning, where you beat someones ass really bad then when they're at like 5% life in the 2nd round...you just leave.

• real2124real2124 Joined: Posts: 49
    edited February 2016
    I don't mind if my opponent disconnects when it's a laggy match up. =/
    xaaz wrote: »
    Here are a few of mine from the past couple betas. Almost all of my ragequits have been from PC players for some reason.

We are an angry bunch....

• Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Rip & Tear, Until it is Done Joined: Posts: 1,445
  • dr_angusdr_angus Joined: Posts: 7

was this a ragequit? if so, then why??? it's not like i got a revenge stun, finished the round by shooting him into the bus, and then taunted him...wtf???
  • dr_angusdr_angus Joined: Posts: 7
    how come everytime i lose they take ponts away from me (as to be expected) but when i win it says failed to send results to server? seriously? maybe i should start rage quitting...
  • chaos123xchaos123x Photoshop Wiz Joined: Posts: 671
    I'm terrible at fighting games even though I love them.

But it really sucks when you rarely win matches but when your about to somebody just quits on you.

I stopped playing killer instinct because everybody raged quit in that game.
    According to Capcom they are aware of how many are disconnecting and they're and working on a fix... Hopefully it'll be implemented soon.

In the meantime:

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,939
    I just hope ragequitters get fucked retroactively.
    These pieces of shit need ranked bans and their points reset.
    I still get good laughs out of these wankers anyways.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • DataIsKingDataIsKing Ore wa Akumetsu da. Joined: Posts: 737
    I only managed to record 2 ragequits but I got a lot more :

This match was lagging as hell, every time I tried to do cr.MK to Legs, I got uf HK :

USF4 main: Cammy. US4 alt. characters: Chun Li, Poison.
    SF5 possible characters: Cammy, Chun Li, Karin, Laura, R. Mika, Necalli, Ken.
  • XtraTrstrLXtraTrstrL Joined: Posts: 65
    I actually D/C'd at the beginning of rnd 2 twice yesterday, because of obvious lag switchers. A Chun Li with "Warp" in their name, that was literally warping all over the stage, and a Ken that was popping around just doing uppercuts that kept hitting me through rollbacks.

This issue is just as bad as the ragequitting, because Capcom's current netcode is alot more susceptible to lagswitching, I noticed since the betas. Something has to be done about this just as much as the ragequitting. I don't want to feel the need to D/C when someone is obviously lagswitching and I have a great winstreak going. It was nowhere near as bad on SFIV. It's ridiculous on SFV though.
  • GauntylgrymGauntylgrym Joined: Posts: 18
    edited February 2016
    I'm on PC, and I've never once ragequit. And frankly, I'm not even sure how it's done aside from literally just pulling the internet cable out of the console/PC. If that's how it's done, then that seems awfully inconvenient for the ragequitter.

Regardless...it's just a freaking video game. Yes, it's nice to have the shiny record, but c'mon...99% of the players online are NEVER going to be competitive enough to participate in tournaments where actual money might ever be involved (I'm sure not). Our culture has become so damn averse to failing in any way whatsoever that this is what a freakin' game has become.

The times I've been ragequit on (in both SFIV and SFV) have been at the beginning of round 2 after I beat the ever-living crap out of them in round 1. Doesn't make it right, but at least it wasn't a good, close, competitive match and then they ragequit (like so many of the videos posted here).

Capcom does indeed need to figure out a proper punishment system. However, it needs to be in a way that does not penalize genuine loss of connections via connectivity problems. Maybe something like monitoring the connection latency and if it's below a certain acceptable threshold then any disconnect is punished severely. Laggy matches happen, and are quite irritating, as is the warping around (I thought it was just me that was seeing this anomaly), so if there was a way to monitor for those and enable legitimate disconnects with penalty that would be ideal. But since Capcom can't even seem to get their crap together with the netcode in general, it seems unlikely that anything like what has been proposed will ever be realized.
    "Truth does not depend on what you or I believe."
  • KungFooKungFoo London Joined: Posts: 661
    If you quit out of a very laggy match, early on, is that still classified as a rage quit?
    PSN - KungFooPS
    SF5 - Ryu / Guile
    VF5 - Pai
    SFIII - Ryu
    SFII - O. Ken, Chun Li
    KungFoo wrote: »
    If you quit out of a very laggy match, early on, is that still classified as a rage quit?

I would personally say no. If the match is laggy, then it's laggy on both ends, yes (I'm no network expert)? So if there's lag and it doesn't clear up in the first round then someone quits (or if you yourself decide to), then I think that's perfectly reasonable.
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,224
    edited February 2016
    say hello to DjCala

Persona 5
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,829
    Good shit everybody, keep defaming these people. Here's my humble contribution:

edited February 2016
    This was a heartbreaker because I had just lost to him... Fadecy, come on... (skip to 2:08 if you just want the fight)

• TamamoTamamo Joined: Posts: 1
    Omnius wrote: »
    This was a heartbreaker because I had just lost to him... Fadecy, come on... (skip to 2:08 if you just want the fight)

Considering they were on an 8 win streak, seems like he's one of those people who just ragequits every match he's on track to lose to artificially boost his rank. That's probably the only reason he's 3k+ LP. I really don't understand the logic behind this behaviour, because surely the whole point is that your rank is a measure of your skill? It's meaningless if you act like this guy and quit all the time. Eventually he's gonna get to a high enough rank that he just gets bodied by everyone.
  • HiyaMayaHiyaMaya Joined: Posts: 567
    RQ from 'fadecy'
  • KungFooKungFoo London Joined: Posts: 661
    Anyone messaged any rqers and asked them whats up?
    PSN - KungFooPS
    SF5 - Ryu / Guile
    VF5 - Pai
    SFIII - Ryu
    SFII - O. Ken, Chun Li
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978
    KungFoo wrote: »
    Anyone messaged any rqers and asked them whats up?

Just once, dude said he actually had to take his kid somewhere at the last second. I really didn't give a shit if he was lying or not.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

• rieszriesz キルヒアイスが生きていれば Joined: Posts: 178
    edited February 2016
    Some Ken called OnlySkillz94. Had a pretty big winstreak too.
    Post edited by riesz on
  • AbruptAbeAbruptAbe Joined: Posts: 8
    What's the general opinion on quitting due to massive lag in the match?
  • XtraTrstrLXtraTrstrL Joined: Posts: 65
    Yeah, it really takes the good feeling out of playing ranked and moving up the charts, when you know that the higher you go - the more fake it all is up there with cheaters.

On the whole lagswitching thing, I think the reason I never felt the need to leave a lagswitcher match on SFIV is because they had less control over the flow of the match, they could mainly just slow things down. On SFV, it seems they can control the flow of things a lot more with the nature of the rollback netcode, and it is no longer about how well you can play underwater, but it's just completely out of your hands with them rolling back every encounter until they win that encounter. Then they repeat it again every other time you attack, so that you can't try to skill it in a skippy match, or guess where they are when teleporting, because it doesn't matter - when they just rollback whenever you hit them.

I only left twice, both times last night, but probably won't leave a match anymore when it happens. I'll just shake my head and take the undeserved loss, since Leaderboards don't matter atm, and there seems to be no W/L record which is completely insane with all the other stats always in their games. Is there really nowhere to see your W/L record in SFV?
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,761
    Well you can add Killakeeeeen to the list. I saw his LP and his win streak and was like "I'm about to get bodied". Then the first round starts and he jumped in on me many times. Which throws me off and I fail to DP and I wonder why is a player of this level jumping so much. That's when I started wondering if he was one of those quitters. I play out the rest of the match and won eventually and he did what I thought he might do if I had won.

Here you go, I decided to record the entire match instead of just the end so you could see what I was thinking as the entire match played out.

• terrorfaktterrorfakt Joined: Posts: 1
    I have two:

Tico_1982 - PSN

Biel_master - PC
  • ezspengezspeng HARD MAN DUDLEY Joined: Posts: 78
    Nimo_O
  • TheSquelchedTheSquelched Former King of Urbana Joined: Posts: 740
    edited February 2016
    Nevermind, just Capcom's terrible servers.
    Post edited by TheSquelched on
    When in doubt, mash it out.
    When life is low, it's time to throw.
  • TheSquelchedTheSquelched Former King of Urbana Joined: Posts: 740
    edited February 2016
    Ok, is the "Failed to send results to server" error after you win a rage quit?
    Post edited by TheSquelched on
    When in doubt, mash it out.
    When life is low, it's time to throw.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,939
    That's just Capcoms servers shitting the bed.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • SlizzardSlizzard Joined: Posts: 1,402
    edited February 2016
    nm
    Post edited by Slizzard on
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,924
    I had someone named MattBison quit on me. He had 38 win streak and all he did was head stomp and devil's reverse. I main Birdie. Kept swatting this dumbass out the air and catching him with grabs and CC on the reset. He pulled the plug when his YOLO super failed.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • J is JusiceJ is Jusice Spelt my name wrong. Joined: Posts: 232

SFV: F.A.N.G., Karin.

T7: Yoshimitsu, Xiaoyu, Lucky Chloe, Josie (ugh).
    edited February 2016
    Rice_Eater wrote: »
    Well you can add Killakeeeeen to the list. I saw his LP and his win streak and was like "I'm about to get bodied". Then the first round starts and he jumped in on me many times. Which throws me off and I fail to DP and I wonder why is a player of this level jumping so much. That's when I started wondering if he was one of those quitters. I play out the rest of the match and won eventually and he did what I thought he might do if I had won.

Here you go, I decided to record the entire match instead of just the end so you could see what I was thinking as the entire match played out.

The immature RQ aside, here's what I saw: Yes, there was some jumping on his part. Now maybe this just puts me in the same class of "scrub" as this guy in your opinion, but his jumping was seriously messing you up on most occasions. On the times he didn't connect via jumping in he often positioned himself well and closed distance. It was working for the most part and made for a close match in both rounds. The fact that he RQ'd on such a close match is what makes it a shame, not his jumping technique.
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,560
    edited February 2016
    Slizzard wrote: »
    So before they fix the ragequitting sometime in the year 2027, is there any reason for me to not quit every single game that isn't going well just so I an more quickly get fm and exp?
    Yeah that's what I thought.

You won't get more FM and EXP by quitting, I don't think? I mean, you get that by winning, and if you're disconnecting you don't win either.

Unless there's some sort of extra FM/EXP reward for winstreaks and high-ranking wins. Is there? I dunno.

Anyway, the main reason to not ragequit every game is that, y'know... People will recognize you as a ragequitter. They'll be less likely to want to play you, and they won't take your matches seriously. And nor will others, once videos of your ragequits reach the jootoobs.

EDIT: Also, you won't LEARN. If you quit at the first sign of trouble, you won't learn to counter what gives you that trouble. You won't improve as a player. Unless of course it's a teleportfest against someone on the other side of the globe.

As for your ranking points, well, as I've said in that other RQ thread, higher ranking means that once the RQ non-penalty is fixed, you'll face more better players, which will kick your ass with legitimately earned points.

And if they DON'T fix it, you'll be facing more of the players who've RQ'd their way to the top of the ranking lists. So enjoy more fights against people who won't earn you any wins anyway because they pull the plug too.
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,761
    edited February 2016
    The immature RQ aside, here's what I saw: Yes, there was some jumping on his part. Now maybe this just puts me in the same class of "scrub" as this guy in your opinion, but his jumping was seriously messing you up on most occasions. On the times he didn't connect via jumping in he often positioned himself well and closed distance. It was working for the most part and made for a close match in both rounds. The fact that he RQ'd on such a close match is what makes it a shame, not his jumping technique.

I mentioned that because I thought I was facing a really solid player with superior footsies and superior everything else I guess. That first round made me suspicious. Was he jumping a lot because that's apart of his game or is because he felt it was the best way for him to beat my amazing fireball game and footsies. Either way he did it a lot and the way he played in general didn't impress me considering my initial expectations.

So before we even finished the match I wondered how he got over 3500 LP and a 27 game win streak when I spent a whole day leveling up and down because I'm stuck around 2,000 and can't get a win streak going. The guy seemed no better than I was. Him quitting at the end confirmed what I was thinking. I wasn't saying his his skill level is that low, it just didn't seem to match up with his points since that's how a lot of us tend to gauge players we run into for the first time. That's what I meant by my post.

• ax0rax0r alpha 3 fiend Joined: Posts: 618
    I played someone today by BroTendo and they rage quit on me after getting whooped up. Dude was in silver too, pussy
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,268
    Shame, I had a good match with this Loliking guy but he pulled the moment i had him. FYI he's "Top 2000" according to the rank.

• LosLos Joined: Posts: 731
    No rage quits yesterday. Today everyone is alt+f4 happy