The Rage Quitting Thread

Comments

• GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,963
    I love rage quits they please me when I cause them :)
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • Max_The_ScrublordMax_The_Scrublord Joined: Posts: 204
    When there's things at stake in ranked of a finished game, I can half understand it as any competitive game can be frustrating, but there's no excuses in a beta.

• SimSimIVSimSimIV 2nd. in command of the SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 1,378
    Omnius wrote: »
    SimSimIV wrote: »
    Mordesai

To be fair SimSim, I played you and the battering I got made me take a break from the game and go and do something else for a while lol

Haha that's intersting to hear! How it feels to play against me I mean. Is it really that rage inducing?
    UltraDavid: "yeah man i'd have you on my world all star tech team"
  • AlkipotAlkipot Mayoral Upper! Joined: Posts: 2,037
    And to think I lost three games in a row before this. I didn't quit but I guess others can't do the same:

SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,933
    I only had rage quits from Bison and Necalli players. Don't remember names though.
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,977
    Oddly enough I had no rage quits, not even from my Cammy hooligan shenanigans. Hopefully there are safeguards in place to make sure the Low Tier God's of the word are punished enough to deter them from not holding those L's like men.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • otakugamer223otakugamer223 GGPO scrub Joined: Posts: 286
    I fought this Ryu w/ a 35 win streak that had like 1800PP, which scared me cause it seemed like he won every single game. Finally when I land a super to kill him, the screen freezes... and suddenly it all makes sense.

Baffles me that people have such high egos to protect their wins for a game that didn't even come out.
    fighting games are fun
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,355
    edited February 2016

I have no idea why he or she did that. My Ken is ass tier.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,693
    Mordesai

To be fair SimSim, I played you and the battering I got made me take a break from the game and go and do something else for a while lol

Haha that's intersting to hear! How it feels to play against me I mean. Is it really that rage inducing?

Yes, it REALLY IS. Especially with no Yun. :(
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando Goten More Years Joined: Posts: 3,149
    Oh, was hoping SWBeta had rage quit on stream.
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "AlphaCommando > RadicalFuzz" - Augustus
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,265
    There is a bug with the pc version that causes the game to crash to the desktop every 5-10 minutes. I have to disable my tablet driver to prevent the crash.
    I'm making a fighting game!
    SRK thread - Discord server.
  • OmniusOmnius Joined: Posts: 105
    edited February 2016
    This was quite a good one

and the run back

Friends don't let friends Sagat.
  • LoupGrisLoupGris LOUP Joined: Posts: 644
    A Ken :)

Hail Satan!
  • RUMBLE82RUMBLE82 The Proctor Joined: Posts: 642
    edited February 2016

This was quite a good one

and the run back

Damn bro, you are fighting nothing but quitters ;)
  • SpadaSpada CFN: MeraMora /MeraSpada Joined: Posts: 627
    I managed to record two rage quits, I received plenty of rage quits in the beta ;(

• xaazxaaz Joined: Posts: 254
    Spada wrote: »
    Match vs TheMayor

Man alive. It's one thing when you get ragequit on after annihilating your opponent. I don't agree with the act, but I understand where the ragequitter is coming from in that situation. It's another thing entirely though when the match was really close between two evenly matched players. Like vs TheMayor there. That was infuriating to watch, especially since I knew how it was going to end. Like you work so god damn hard to pull out the win and he just refuses to let you have it.

And I know, the points are meaningless, it was just a beta, blah, blah, blah, but really it's the principle of the thing. You work your ass off for the win and the validation that goes along with it only to have your opponent spit in your face and deny you out of spite.

God people suck sometimes.
    edited February 2016
    I guess this thread is going to live on for a while...

Nachoortiz come on man...

Post edited by Omnius on
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471
    I've only been able to finish 2 matches without losing connection, for what it's worth.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • fushishifushishi Joined: Posts: 24

Beautiful ragequit by YoungThug. Classic form & perfect execution 10/10

also yeah I know I need a new graphics card
  • BasiliskBasilisk Joined: Posts: 194
    Better than ragequitting is ragewinning, where you beat someones ass really bad then when they're at like 5% life in the 2nd round...you just leave.

• real2124real2124 Joined: Posts: 49
    edited February 2016
    I don't mind if my opponent disconnects when it's a laggy match up. =/
    xaaz wrote: »
    Here are a few of mine from the past couple betas. Almost all of my ragequits have been from PC players for some reason.

We are an angry bunch....

• Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Juri Duty All Day Joined: Posts: 1,584
  • dr_angusdr_angus Joined: Posts: 7

was this a ragequit? if so, then why??? it's not like i got a revenge stun, finished the round by shooting him into the bus, and then taunted him...wtf???
  • dr_angusdr_angus Joined: Posts: 7
    how come everytime i lose they take ponts away from me (as to be expected) but when i win it says failed to send results to server? seriously? maybe i should start rage quitting...
  • chaos123xchaos123x Photoshop Wiz Joined: Posts: 671
    I'm terrible at fighting games even though I love them.

But it really sucks when you rarely win matches but when your about to somebody just quits on you.

I stopped playing killer instinct because everybody raged quit in that game.
    According to Capcom they are aware of how many are disconnecting and they're and working on a fix... Hopefully it'll be implemented soon.

In the meantime:

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,609
    I just hope ragequitters get fucked retroactively.
    These pieces of shit need ranked bans and their points reset.
    I still get good laughs out of these wankers anyways.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • DataIsKingDataIsKing Ore wa Akumetsu da. Joined: Posts: 737
    I only managed to record 2 ragequits but I got a lot more :

This match was lagging as hell, every time I tried to do cr.MK to Legs, I got uf HK :

USF4 main: Cammy. US4 alt. characters: Chun Li, Poison.
    SF5 possible characters: Cammy, Chun Li, Karin, Laura, R. Mika, Necalli, Ken.
  • XtraTrstrLXtraTrstrL Joined: Posts: 65
    I actually D/C'd at the beginning of rnd 2 twice yesterday, because of obvious lag switchers. A Chun Li with "Warp" in their name, that was literally warping all over the stage, and a Ken that was popping around just doing uppercuts that kept hitting me through rollbacks.

This issue is just as bad as the ragequitting, because Capcom's current netcode is alot more susceptible to lagswitching, I noticed since the betas. Something has to be done about this just as much as the ragequitting. I don't want to feel the need to D/C when someone is obviously lagswitching and I have a great winstreak going. It was nowhere near as bad on SFIV. It's ridiculous on SFV though.
  • GauntylgrymGauntylgrym Joined: Posts: 18
    edited February 2016
    I'm on PC, and I've never once ragequit. And frankly, I'm not even sure how it's done aside from literally just pulling the internet cable out of the console/PC. If that's how it's done, then that seems awfully inconvenient for the ragequitter.

Regardless...it's just a freaking video game. Yes, it's nice to have the shiny record, but c'mon...99% of the players online are NEVER going to be competitive enough to participate in tournaments where actual money might ever be involved (I'm sure not). Our culture has become so damn averse to failing in any way whatsoever that this is what a freakin' game has become.

The times I've been ragequit on (in both SFIV and SFV) have been at the beginning of round 2 after I beat the ever-living crap out of them in round 1. Doesn't make it right, but at least it wasn't a good, close, competitive match and then they ragequit (like so many of the videos posted here).

Capcom does indeed need to figure out a proper punishment system. However, it needs to be in a way that does not penalize genuine loss of connections via connectivity problems. Maybe something like monitoring the connection latency and if it's below a certain acceptable threshold then any disconnect is punished severely. Laggy matches happen, and are quite irritating, as is the warping around (I thought it was just me that was seeing this anomaly), so if there was a way to monitor for those and enable legitimate disconnects with penalty that would be ideal. But since Capcom can't even seem to get their crap together with the netcode in general, it seems unlikely that anything like what has been proposed will ever be realized.
    "Truth does not depend on what you or I believe."
  • KungFooKungFoo London Joined: Posts: 661
    If you quit out of a very laggy match, early on, is that still classified as a rage quit?
    PSN - KungFooPS
    SF5 - Ryu / Guile
    VF5 - Pai
    SFIII - Ryu
    SFII - O. Ken, Chun Li
  • GauntylgrymGauntylgrym Joined: Posts: 18
    KungFoo wrote: »
    If you quit out of a very laggy match, early on, is that still classified as a rage quit?

I would personally say no. If the match is laggy, then it's laggy on both ends, yes (I'm no network expert)? So if there's lag and it doesn't clear up in the first round then someone quits (or if you yourself decide to), then I think that's perfectly reasonable.
    "Truth does not depend on what you or I believe."
  • DANZANDANZAN gonna stack ^ Joined: Posts: 6,577
    edited February 2016
    say hello to DjCala

angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,051
    Good shit everybody, keep defaming these people. Here's my humble contribution:

edited February 2016
    This was a heartbreaker because I had just lost to him... Fadecy, come on... (skip to 2:08 if you just want the fight)

• TamamoTamamo Joined: Posts: 1
    This was a heartbreaker because I had just lost to him... Fadecy, come on... (skip to 2:08 if you just want the fight)

Considering they were on an 8 win streak, seems like he's one of those people who just ragequits every match he's on track to lose to artificially boost his rank. That's probably the only reason he's 3k+ LP. I really don't understand the logic behind this behaviour, because surely the whole point is that your rank is a measure of your skill? It's meaningless if you act like this guy and quit all the time. Eventually he's gonna get to a high enough rank that he just gets bodied by everyone.
  • HiyaMayaHiyaMaya Joined: Posts: 588
    RQ from 'fadecy'