The Rage Quitting Thread

Comments

• MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    rofl last round

That was a pretty great sequence in the end, too. Rather hard to do those juggles in a row. Shame he didn't get rewarded for pulling it off.
  • krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,847
    A Chun player named Zaphiah with 3.5K points

- beats me first round
    - I scrape by the second round with Karin
    - I body him til he has 20% health and stunned then he leaves

I'm not even good at the game bruh, just take your lumps
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,295
    Things are getting bad.. Had some guy just rage quit on me in a battle lounge :(

FWIW sometime battle lounges break down mid match and its no ones fault
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,727
    I've had fewer ragequitters lately (and being a player of questionable skill, I didn't get a ton of them before), but I did suddenly start encountering people with suspiciously well-timed lag spikes. Like last night when I faced a Silver Gief. I figured he was oddly highly ranked for how poorly he was playing. We're talking constant unsafe jump-ins that ate anti-airs almost every single time and sirens blaring levels of "I'm going for my super now". But every time we got to the final round, all of a sudden there would be ridiculous lag at critical moments when the match had been running perfectly otherwise. I didn't want to assume the worst of the guy the first time around, so I chalked it up to the connection suddenly getting interrupted or the servers or something. When it happened several rounds in a row, Occam's Razor meant the guy was probably inducing it intentionally so he could land his SPDs and/or supers and I couldn't time my punishes. Kind of wish I wrote the guy's name down, because that actually upsets me more than ragequitting.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • AchenarAchenar Joined: Posts: 2
    RaverPT

He's been pulling this shit since the game was released. Hadn't played for a while and up he pops, with predictable results.
    This was like my 5th match as Guile. I shouldn't be beating Super Gold players!

Avacadoneson

Oh hey, look who's back! My first fight vs Alex, so I've no idea what the hell I'm supposed to be looking out for, but Avacadoneson just can't help himself when it comes to pulling the old plug.

JammyDodger1989

He'd been doing this for a while, finally got a recording.

• KoumoriKoumori Chun-Li is my waifu Joined: Posts: 283
    I ran into my first rage quitter. =)
    PSN: IR_Baboon2
    CFN: DarkMenstrual
  • JeromJerom Joined: Posts: 1,075
    mayhemKing. I dont have video proof but he plays Mika which is proof enough i think
    CFN: Jeromy
    gief abby
  • Travis2310Travis2310 Street Fighter Aficionado Joined: Posts: 96
    Ran off, pulled the plug twice

Whooped that ass and couldn't run it back
    SFV: Chun-Li
    USF4: Fei Long, Juri, Chun-Li
    3rd Strike: Chun-Li
    P4AU: Yu
    MKX: Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Tanya, Sonya Blade
  • No defenceNo defence idk -_- ? Joined: Posts: 1,025
    Haven't been here in awhile but "the real ks tali" is a mod for leveluplive / hope Valle takes your mod away like alpha bee idk -_-?
    Adapt or Die.
  • No defenceNo defence idk -_- ? Joined: Posts: 1,025
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    rofl last round

Last round idk -_-?
    Adapt or Die.
  • oooooooooooo Joined: Posts: 14
    tenyyyyy (platinum)

Junaid

VinceLeRoutier

oportuniste

mar_nes
  • TaikiTaiki OH HO HOHOHOHOHO Joined: Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2016
    The nice thing about being stuck in shit tier super scrub Bronze is the lack of rage quitters.

Until the game runs out of other shitty scrubs to pair you against and you get paired up to Gold

Then you smash their face in.

Post edited by Taiki on
    Taiki wrote: »
    The nice thing about being stuck in shit tier super scrub Bronze is the lack of rage quitters.

Until the game runs out of other shitty scrubs to pair you against and you get paired up to Gold

I'm Ultra Gold and I fight with Bronze all the time, if they lose, they'll lose 1 to 5 points only, and they do ragequit a lot.

btw the video isn't working
  • TaikiTaiki OH HO HOHOHOHOHO Joined: Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2016
    oooooo wrote: »
    I'm Ultra Gold and I fight with Bronze all the time, if they lose, they'll lose 1 to 5 points only, and they do ragequit a lot.

btw the video isn't working

Fixed. Someone should probably change the "how to use BBCode" link in the post box to point to somewhere that explains this.

Maybe it's just being at bronze I don't make people tilt so hard when I win? I do lose an awful lot too.
  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530

Not even gonna lie, if I lost to a karin like that, I'd be mad too. lmaoooo.

he put so much work in and them hit confirm supers did him in.

Karin 2 OP son.
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 918
    Add me to the list, wont matter if i get banned or play another game, it ends in the same thing anyways. Defeat.
  • ErikkuSamaErikkuSama Death to rage quitters Joined: Posts: 86
    I fought a
    FDream wrote: »
    Add me to the list, wont matter if i get banned or play another game, it ends in the same thing anyways. Defeat.

What list?
  • CyberfishCyberfish Joined: Posts: 174
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,953
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.

Exactly where I'm at. I feel like I'm stuck in the doldrums...like Sisyphus rolling his stone. Ugh. Screw it. Back to casual (where I still get RQ'd on)
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973
    Cyberfish wrote: »

I went from 2750-1800 because of RQ's and lpaying honestly. I made it back to 2500 and stopped playing ranked altogether. I only play casuals and battle lounge now. If BL's gave fight money I would just play that.

Great job exposing that fraud.
    The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
    ArchBouarki

Guerrierdelespac

upsyyyy

SazuChan

• SkyVinny0SkyVinny0 KORE WA! Joined: Posts: 15
    edited May 2016
    sommi88 2 hit combo

part 2
    YT: saico
  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 148

Eulogy = Ragequitter
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,953
    The best is when the shit matchmaking matches you up against a RQ'er...then matches you up against them immediately after they just RQ on you. Awesome! It's like a rematch where I'm guaranteed to just be wasting time! Wooo!
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • WOKMANWOKMAN 御託はいい、はじめよう。 Joined: Posts: 1,155

Vectorised

Raaaaassshhhiiiiiittttttooooooo
  • SerjVGMSerjVGM Noobiest of Noobs Joined: Posts: 6
    Add Jombinator to the list. Played him twice, first he had 77 wins, later i was matched against him again and he had 85 wins.

Proof:
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,762
    Starslicer wrote: »

Not even gonna lie, if I lost to a karin like that, I'd be mad too. lmaoooo.

he put so much work in and them hit confirm supers did him in.

Karin 2 OP son.

But he also systematically did the wrong punish combo (HP xx Moonsault up close, wtf?!) and threw a random CA on wake-up. At least he adapted to the Ressenha spam lol.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • TyphooMantisTyphooMantis Joined: Posts: 72
    ArchBouarki

Guerrierdelespac

upsyyyy

SazuChan

With respect your connection is absolute garbage, I would pissed if I lost as well and with Rashid he is very fast and tricky so you're most likely going to get your hits in first on laggy connection. Still they shouldn't be quitting at the end of a match. Sort out your connection though.
    ArchBouarki

Guerrierdelespac

upsyyyy

SazuChan

With respect your connection is absolute garbage, I would pissed if I lost as well and with Rashid he is very fast and tricky so you're most likely going to get your hits in first on laggy connection. Still they shouldn't be quitting at the end of a match. Sort out your connection though.

I have a fast connection, but most of the time I get matches from countries very far from me (happened in recent update), I'm suffering too. I usually leave the match after 5-10 seconds of 1st round if I don't like it, but I can't abuse it. If they don't like the lag, why do most of them press rematch then?

GrayEXO = ragequitter

I think he's right. You can't wait to the last second to leave.

GrayEXO = ragequitter

Gr1ndburn = Pro Ragequitter
    edited May 2016
    I'll never rematch again

• Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973

Another RQ, in casuals too. Pulled the plug before I could perfect KO his bitch ass.
    The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • ElDubYaElDubYa Joined: Posts: 2
    FlyingLotus

• CyberfishCyberfish Joined: Posts: 174
    Is it me, or are people actually failing to RQ? Ive had a few matches that took forever after a match to get to the main menu option. This is usually after a match where you can request a rematch, but it takes about a minute to even get the menu to select previous mode. I dont know if this is just a hiccup in the system or the opponent failing to RQ.
  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    Add Edgeyman to the list.

He dced during my livestream, so it's up on there in the past videos, cuz i got too much space full to make a video.

Either way it was funny.

I got another one i had saved, but never got around to snipping it up and putting it up.

will soon.
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • SkyVinny0SkyVinny0 KORE WA! Joined: Posts: 15
    Does it matter if people rq in casual matches because i've seen some people post some here?
    YT: saico