The Rage Quitting Thread

Comments

• coconutz50coconutz50 Joined: Posts: 61
    Compact87 wrote: »
    I get more rage quits in casuals than in ranked, especialy if i end game with CA, no one wants to wait 37 hit CA plus end pose plus loading time after match, when i see that im not even mad. Actually i never got mad after casual match RQ. Ranked is different story tho

Are you saying that it is quicker to reconnect with capcom's server and wait for a new opponent than waiting for finishing off a combo and result screen? I'm pretty sure the latter would be quicker especially when you could go for a quick rematch.
    FDream wrote: »
    Sometimes i get hit with the things that i find bullshit like "urien pops v-trigger while i am hitting him and his hitbox moves backwards causing me to whiff and he yolo me to death"

Then the salt rises and i turn my ps4 off.

That is called being a sore loser which is what all "rage quitters" are.
    Damn, the bullshit is really building up in here. I'm done.
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 804
    If this game gave a feeling like: "Yo i got outplayed he deserves his win" or "yo i should work on my confirms better" or "i should practice more" i would never rage-quit. Cause i feel that when i play 3rd strike, sf4, or sf2 that i am completely responsible for my play-style which means my offense or defense.

However when you lose in this game and the source of loss is tied to not being able to block, not being able to consistently anti air so brain-dead players get bodied like they should. Or the realization that this game is what you get when you turn your favorite fighting game genre into a rock paper scissors game with input lag and stubby normal's that expects you to move into the future when you play.

That's why i think people rage-quit in this game the most.

I stopped taking this game seriously too. Doesn't seem fun until you play top tier (former nash player) then to see them cut your main to shreds in the balance patches instead of buffing the rest.
    Cipher wrote: »
    People ragequit because their saltlevel rises for whatever reason.
    Bad player ragequit in Overwatch all day, while insulting everyone left and right.
    People ragequit from raids in FF, because "omg a challenge, this is not what I wanted!"
    People ragequit in BF, because they die to much.
    People ragequit in CoH, because they lost a unit during the first 5 minutes.
    People ragequit in SFIV, because of salt, they ragequit in V because of salt, SALT IS THE NR.1 REASON WHY PEOPLE RAGEQUIT!

The only ragequit that is understandable : One sided Rollback.

Ok, I might not be done yet.
    If salt is the "nr. 1 reason", go on a low sodium diet.
    The only real reason why certain individuals " rage quit" is because they are infantile little pussies throwing temper tantrums. I read that on webster's ;).
  • CyberfishCyberfish Joined: Posts: 172
    Ill admit, my neighbors hear wonderful shouted profanities, but I dont RQ. Whats the point?
  • GoofyhanDGoofyhanD twitch.tv/onehandedterror Joined: Posts: 212 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @RainMakerSuede - HAHA. Fun. First time I've been RQ'ed on in a while. It made me feel young again, if only for a moment.

www.twitch.tv/onehandedterror

"Streetfighter skills are almost wholly divorced from physical gifts or liabilities. High-level SF is a real skill that must be learned and developed."
    --Seth Killian
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 428
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • pootnanniespootnannies addicted to bad things Joined: Posts: 3,052
    i'd like to say a big fuck you to that silver ranked Juri player who rage quit on me from a casual match just now. i know, it's tough fighting against Nash's shitty moves. if i had payed attention to your name i'd post it here and next time i'll start recording it. all i'm trying to do is get to rank 50 so i can get that 15th color lol. i guess you robbed me of 200 points? not a big deal but just extremely rude. i wish there was some sort of way to communicate in-game because if people get mad playing against me, i'd tell you what you're doing wrong. i don't care if you beat me eventually. it's better that way so i can get better too. fuck rage quitters. end of rant.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • dirkd9kdirkd9k Joined: Posts: 1
    An Akuma player named BeegDeek just rage quit on me. Anyone else run into him?
    edited February 20
    Darth LeE - Casual rage. Was in a party chat, but cant hear my buddys audio until the end of the match when its repeating into my mic. LOL.

• LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,033
    the cheater Ive reported back then boosted his way to ultra diamond now, capcom doesn't care though

www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,197
    edited February 27
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    the cheater Ive reported back then boosted his way to ultra diamond now, capcom doesn't care though
    posting a salt video while being salty at capcom :)
    of course they dont...i would even go so far and say that
    they have no one who could even do it at the moment beside
    of that one twitter server guy.

edit- damn its a old one..hoped for new content :(

• Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,420
    what's wrong with rage quitting? saves us a lot of time going back to main lobby.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,197
    edited February 28
    edit-ups wrong thread

• AbbelboxeAbbelboxe Joined: Posts: 88
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    Ill admit, my neighbors hear wonderful shouted profanities, but I dont RQ. Whats the point?

I broke a controller a few days ago. The first time in 30 years of gaming. And my spare one has cracks now. Thank you SF5, for introducing Laura.....
    That should not happen again. Those PS3 Mad Catz Fightpads are becoming very rare. And you must be lucky to get one that works longer than 2 months. And I broke such a trusty one.......... it served me well since SF4. :(

My neighbours are constantly stoned, so the shouting and sounds of stuff being slammed to the ground does not bother anyone.
    USF4: Seth (and Sakura and Dhalsim)
    SF5: M.Bison

Always play the evil Asshole!

Some of my Matches. Feel free to watch... or not.
    Season 2 Matches
    Abbelboxe wrote: »

I broke a controller a few days ago. The first time in 30 years of gaming. And my spare one has cracks now. Thank you SF5, for introducing Laura.....
    That should not happen again. Those PS3 Mad Catz Fightpads are becoming very rare. And you must be lucky to get one that works longer than 2 months. And I broke such a trusty one.......... it served me well since SF4. :(

My neighbours are constantly stoned, so the shouting and sounds of stuff being slammed to the ground does not bother anyone.

You must be very proud of yourself. Next time, destroy your modem.
  • Politank-ZPolitank-Z Joined: Posts: 494
    So I normally don't care about rage quitters but this particular instance is weirder than normal. CFN: NicoFasho gets clutch beaten by my Laura and does the rage quit where the points just don't update and you get a delayed 80001. This time I get logged off and when I log back on I'VE lost points. And he's gained points. And the replay of the last match is conveniently not there. What bullshit.
  • bodlerbodler The Unmixupable Joined: Posts: 1,068
    Can someone please update me on ragequitting rules? How many times can you disconnect before losing 500lp? And does the same apply to battle lounge?

I want to make sure I know when to stop whenever SFV servers disconnect me, or when I get desynched from stage transition.
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 804
    on the 3rd ragequit you get points docked and 24 hour lockout.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    A while back, I got disconnected from a casual and lost 1000 and locked out.

It was the game being ass as usual because my internet was 100% fine on everything else.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • WallyWally Fog of War Joined: Posts: 36
    Man, what happened to the ragequit icons?
    They call me Wally, Big W like the Killa Beez..
  • BC_FighterBC_Fighter Joined: Posts: 10
    Just had a super gold Nash named I_M_MORTALX RQ me in ranked. Don't have the replay but they use the default Alpha Nash costume.
    SFV: Alex/Birdie
    KoF XIII: EX Kyo/Terry/Takuma
  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 140

TI3RSURIEN = Ragequitter
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 428
    CubanoFL wrote: »

TI3RSURIEN = Ragequitter

Congrats, that was low tier god

My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Do I drive? Or am I driven?" Joined: Posts: 2,698
    edited March 24
    Abbelboxe wrote: »

Wow. I own one. My Bison SFIV Madcatz pad. I would never dream of breaking that thing intentionally, or any of my TE sticks.

I think the bigger problem lies somewhere you may not want to look. Your destruction of your own property is not some kind of evidence that this game is any worse than any other.

I fucking can't stand Laura. I think she's gimmicky, a frame trap/mix-up on ice skates with way too much damage output for her speed and archetype. She's shallow, annoying, caters to a very specific demographic and generally should fucking be eradicated.

However.

You breaking your own shit in a fit of rage has almost nothing to do with this game, or Laura.

TI3RSURIEN = Ragequitter

K0reanBBQ = ragequitter
  • Happy_Birthday_RikaHappy_Birthday_Rika Joined: Posts: 2
    I just had a few idiots rage quit on me. I don't have any video of it, so I hope you all don't mind.
    • Brazy-Steve - This guy just started teabagging at the beginning of the match. Then when I got him stunned, he pussed out.
    • YouTappedOut - I used to have respect for this Bronze R. Mika player. I had a tough time defeating him. However, that all changed when I got a round off of him. He RQed on me, scared that I was going to beat him for the first time.
    • Cloud012002 - His Ken was pretty decent, it all came down to the final round. I managed to get the win. Then he ragequits on me.
    • isono_yakyuu - Probably one of the worst I've ever met. He's a Bronze Ryu player who continuously teabags and taunt me. We played 4 times and I beat him 4 times. And each time when I get the KO, he pulls the plug like a salty scrub.
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 257
    I haven't ragequit yet but I might be on this list soon. Some people online are *****es. Lots if scrubs taunting and/or running from sets like they're too good, among other things.
    CubanoFL wrote: »

TI3RSURIEN = Ragequitter

Your second LTG RQ. Nice.
  • scratchbackscratchback Joined: Posts: 1,014
    Silvezio- 16k fraud Boxer. Taunts, gets bodied, ragequits.
  • cogumerlimcogumerlim Joined: Posts: 206
    Phish- = Ragequitter!

We should get the points for the victory when something like this happens... it's not just a matter of punishing the ragequitter. What about the time we lost investing into the fight?
    cogumerlim.jpg
    edited April 19
    sorry to the Ibuki i just played. i was the red Akuma on PC. my WACOM tablet was plugged in which causes the game to crash after about 10 minutes and while we were waiting for points and rematch it just bombed on me.

if u guys don't know, having a wacom tablet causes sf5 to crash. this has been a problem since launch and even after many complaints, it's never been addressed.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

• NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,487
    JohnTiger, platinum Guile from Italy... :tdown:
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe I am THAT bad Joined: Posts: 94
    question: is it ok to ragequit in casual matches if the game is just too laggy? also, how do I quit on PC? do I just unplug the interwebs? Like the other day I had this very laggy game and so I just stood there and let the lagger punch me, but I beleive quitting would have been faster
    @HaMZeN
    why did you mark me off topic? i posted this in here so if it was an srk'er they would know i wasn't ragequitting. the WACOM tablet thing should be in another thread but it relates to why the game crashed in the middle of a fight.

ZioSerpe wrote: »
    question: is it ok to ragequit in casual matches if the game is just too laggy? also, how do I quit on PC? do I just unplug the interwebs? Like the other day I had this very laggy game and so I just stood there and let the lagger punch me, but I beleive quitting would have been faster

i'd say no. just stand there and die or even try extra derp to see if u get the win. it's just bad practice to pull the plug and since the game features one-sided rollbacks, your opponent may not have any idea you're dealing with him teleporting everywhere.

No, it's not ok to "ragequit" due to a laggy match. You're just giving tantrum quitters more excuses to throw a fit and pull the plug. Just man up and finish the match without acting like an infantile pussy.
  • Xandra71Xandra71 halp im 5'4 someone please get me a stool so i can actually witness the match Joined: Posts: 6

Nah. I'd deal with it, most especially if you're the one causing the lag. Even if you're not, people who ragequit over anything will see it as someone condoning their actions and subsequently use it as an excuse, just like coconutz50 said. If you're fully​ conscious of your choice to ragequit or not (vs being blinded by anger and just blowing up and quitting), please don't do it.
    Do the impossible, see the invisible, row row, fight the power!

Xandra - She is currently trying to get into Street Fighter competitively but sucks at SSV. She laughs at pretty much anything and is one of those weird nutcases that love veggies. The only person she trash talks is herself. She's horrible at writing first person bios so she writes them in third person. Thinks she's clever because of this but actually isn't.
    Happened again this morning, again just let the guy punch my face, seriusly do people not know they lag? at the end of the game when the rematch window popped up he had 1 bar of connection, I mean cmon!
  • Xandra71Xandra71 halp im 5'4 someone please get me a stool so i can actually witness the match Joined: Posts: 6
    Happened again this morning, again just let the guy punch my face, seriusly do people not know they lag? at the end of the game when the rematch window popped up he had 1 bar of connection, I mean cmon!

I'm not too experienced with this kinda thing so I apologize in advance if I goof up, but aren't there settings so you can choose to only connect to players with good connection? I've never really fiddled with my connection settings but I'm pretty sure you can change them. I looked it up and it goes something like this:

The default setting is "Any" meaning you can play against any player from anywhere in the world, or people with really poor internet, like 1 to 2 bars. The next setting, 3-5, is the one Capcom recommends. It still matches you with players from many places around the world (but unlike the first setting there are exceptions) while maintaining a good connection at the same time. The last one is 4-5, which is for players who want really strong internet and only want to play people in their region.

Once again, correct me if I'm wrong and these aren't a thing, but if they are I recommend trying them out. This way, you won't have to deal with lag.

Xandra - She is currently trying to get into Street Fighter competitively but sucks at SSV. She laughs at pretty much anything and is one of those weird nutcases that love veggies. The only person she trash talks is herself. She's horrible at writing first person bios so she writes them in third person. Thinks she's clever because of this but actually isn't.
    Xandra71 wrote: »

I'm not too experienced with this kinda thing so I apologize in advance if I goof up, but aren't there settings so you can choose to only connect to players with good connection? I've never really fiddled with my connection settings but I'm pretty sure you can change them. I looked it up and it goes something like this:

The default setting is "Any" meaning you can play against any player from anywhere in the world, or people with really poor internet, like 1 to 2 bars. The next setting, 3-5, is the one Capcom recommends. It still matches you with players from many places around the world (but unlike the first setting there are exceptions) while maintaining a good connection at the same time. The last one is 4-5, which is for players who want really strong internet and only want to play people in their region.

Once again, correct me if I'm wrong and these aren't a thing, but if they are I recommend trying them out. This way, you won't have to deal with lag.

Yep they are a thing and I always que with 4-5 even in this case, then at the end of the match he has 1
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 742
    If I notice really, really bad lag at the beginning of the match (we're talking a second of input delay, freeze frames, teleporting and stuff) then you can be sure I'm gone before the ingame clock is down 10 seconds. It's just a waste of time for both parties, don't see what's bad about leaving there. Especially as you opponent won't even have to boot up the game again (unlike you) and can search for a new game right away.

Yep they are a thing and I always que with 4-5 even in this case, then at the end of the match he has 1

Huh... that's odd. I've never had people who's internet start out that good and end up being that bad. Is it someone outside of whatever country you're in? That might be a contributing factor.

SP921AWN = RAGEQUITTER
  • AbbelboxeAbbelboxe Joined: Posts: 88

I would never ever set it to anything else but "only 5". Even 4 is intolerable.
    USF4: Seth (and Sakura and Dhalsim)
    SF5: M.Bison

Always play the evil Asshole!

Some of my Matches. Feel free to watch... or not.
    Season 2 Matches
    I just had my 1st ragequitter while playing Juri, I don't blame the guy, if I lost to me I'd ragequit too
  • Happy_Birthday_RikaHappy_Birthday_Rika Joined: Posts: 2
    Had some more idiots rage quit on me. This time, I notice a common theme. A bunch of Rookie and Bronze players who are so skilled that they should be in the Silver or Gold level.
    • Thanos1978 - A bronze M. Bison who spams the Devil's Reverse. Got very predictable as the matches went on. And just when I get the final KO, he rage quits because his tricks weren't working.
    • BidMickey - I'll admit that his Akuma skills so good, he shouldn't even be in the Rookie level. Probably silver or gold. And yet I beat him a couple of times. Last few times when I got the win, he rage quits again and again.
    • Godhand707 - This guy uses Guile, Urien and Ryu. I get matched up with him a bunch of times and won most of the matches. Now when we play, he starts teabagging and taunting. And just when I was about to get the win, he backs out. Since then, he rage quits the moment he matches up with me.
    • Daggumit - He is so skilled in many characters like F.A.N.G, Rashid, Urien, Ryu, Akuma, etc. Initially, he was a one-and-done guy, quitting after he wins/loses the first game. I beat him a few times, and I believe I was getting to his head because he's been taunting when we play. Of course like the rest, quits when he loses.
    • Evilgenius0604 - So skilled in Rashid and Alex. I don't understand why he would rage quit when I took one lousy round on him. Happens the last 3 times we played.
  • irl II Wilsonirl II Wilson Play third strike,its a good game. Joined: Posts: 420
    Got a batch of videos that im puttin in a playlist of recent rage quitters. Will post it in a bit.
    "I remind you of the things you were made to forget."
    My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0T85fjkfLsfIuSPLTEkdmw