The Rage Quitting Thread

1666769717287

Comments

  • WOKMANWOKMAN 御託はいい、はじめよう。 Joined: Posts: 1,155
    SkyVinny0 wrote: »
    Does it matter if people rq in casual matches because i've seen some people post some here?

    why not? people play for Fight Money and EXP on casuals. if it's just for the experience of the gameplay stick with lounge.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,651
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Add Edgeyman to the list.

    He dced during my livestream, so it's up on there in the past videos, cuz i got too much space full to make a video.

    Either way it was funny.

    I got another one i had saved, but never got around to snipping it up and putting it up.

    will soon.

    These posts are stupid. Please stop.
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,383
    I guess this video still holds up even today huh?

    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 148

    SavonISR = ragequitter
  • ErikkuSamaErikkuSama Death to rage quitters Joined: Posts: 86
    edited May 2016
    No new videos since yesterday. That means the punishment system is finally working... oh wait, the servers were down for 10 hours. My bad

  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    edited May 2016
    otter wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Add Edgeyman to the list.

    He dced during my livestream, so it's up on there in the past videos, cuz i got too much space full to make a video.

    Either way it was funny.

    I got another one i had saved, but never got around to snipping it up and putting it up.

    will soon.

    These posts are stupid. Please stop.

    nobody asked you.

    Edit: Add WorstGenRey or whatever.

    he got salty second go around and got bodied by a super then quit. Rashido player.
    Post edited by Starslicer on
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • CyberfishCyberfish Joined: Posts: 174
    This one was actually a good match and I was on the edge of my seat. Then the rage....



    This one happened awhile ago and forgot to post it.

  • Loner_RebelLoner_Rebel Joined: Posts: 11
    otter wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Add Edgeyman to the list.

    He dced during my livestream, so it's up on there in the past videos, cuz i got too much space full to make a video.

    Either way it was funny.

    I got another one i had saved, but never got around to snipping it up and putting it up.

    will soon.

    These posts are stupid. Please stop.

    It'd be stupid if it wasnt true. I frequent starslicers stream and the amount of ragequitters he encounters in one session can be ridiculous, not only can i vouch for most the names hes dropping, theres archived footage for proof on his channel. He is not kidding when he says he doesnt have room to upload them all.
  • Loner_RebelLoner_Rebel Joined: Posts: 11
    Starslicer wrote: »
    otter wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Add Edgeyman to the list.

    He dced during my livestream, so it's up on there in the past videos, cuz i got too much space full to make a video.

    Either way it was funny.

    I got another one i had saved, but never got around to snipping it up and putting it up.

    will soon.

    These posts are stupid. Please stop.

    nobody asked you.

    Edit: Add WorstGenRey or whatever.

    he got salty second go around and got bodied by a super then quit. Rashido player.

    I actually messaged him after that match that he rq on a livestream, no response lol
  • Sheng_LongSheng_Long Joined: Posts: 3
    edited May 2016
    Had a few people rage-quit on me today. At the risk of sounding nonchalant I'm not really that bothered to be honest, that being said I do think it hinders our ability to make natural progress through the ranks; it's disruptive to the game; it makes a lot of players understandably quite angry and it is a bit annoying so Capcom should probably fix it: as I'm sure (I hope) they will in the next few months. I've only just made it to bronze and have recently actually started to show some improvement, yet as I reached the point I was due to rank up I had one guy rage-quit on me, then another 2 hours later (a silver). Upon seeing other people posting videos of quitters here I reached the conclusion that I should probably do the same. One was named 'Crowdkiller' and the other 'BBQSLAUGHTERGOD'. So I will post both videos below, but on a side-note; do we actually expect Capcom to comb through all 54 pages of this thread and ban the quitters; or are we just naming and shaming those who deserve it?

    Thanks guys, I'm kinda new here but love the site and look forward to being kicked in the head by some of you soon.

    'Crowdkiller' is a rage-quitter (PS4):-



    'BBQSLAUGHTERGOD' is a rage-quitter (PC):-





  • andoruandoru Joined: Posts: 121
    edited May 2016
    gief player from the Philippines

    player ID: andoru87
  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 148

    XStylin-- = ragequitter
  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 148

    Babyarm = ragequitter
  • RetardRetard Joined: Posts: 45
    edited May 2016
    Sheng_Long wrote: »
    Had a few people rage-quit on me today. At the risk of sounding nonchalant I'm not really that bothered to be honest, that being said I do think it hinders our ability to make natural progress through the ranks; it's disruptive to the game; it makes a lot of players understandably quite angry and it is a bit annoying so Capcom should probably fix it: as I'm sure (I hope) they will in the next few months. I've only just made it to bronze and have recently actually started to show some improvement, yet as I reached the point I was due to rank up I had one guy rage-quit on me, then another 2 hours later (a silver). Upon seeing other people posting videos of quitters here I reached the conclusion that I should probably do the same. One was named 'Crowdkiller' and the other 'BBQSLAUGHTERGOD'. So I will post both videos below, but on a side-note; do we actually expect Capcom to comb through all 54 pages of this thread and ban the quitters; or are we just naming and shaming those who deserve it?

    Thanks guys, I'm kinda new here but love the site and look forward to being kicked in the head by some of you soon.

    'Crowdkiller' is a rage-quitter (PS4):-



    'BBQSLAUGHTERGOD' is a rage-quitter (PC):-





    Wow that shit was ragequit-worthy though, poor fellas :smiley:
  • GumpoolGumpool Gumbercules...I love that guy Joined: Posts: 665
    I dont know whats more sad in this thread

    All the rage quitters or all you horrible scrubs uploading your shitty fights and cuckolding over some shitty points
    gozulin: G1 is like a paradise where, instead of having sex with 72 female virgins, you get to play SF4 against 272 male virgins.
    #FUCKBEETNEIN
    Grnlantern3: If a person developed a foot dive fighting style they'd be unstoppable
  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    ^ sounds like you're salty over being exposed by frauds for curbstomping you and showing your salty ragequits over it.
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • GumpoolGumpool Gumbercules...I love that guy Joined: Posts: 665
    Starslicer wrote: »
    ^ sounds like you're salty over being exposed by frauds for curbstomping you and showing your salty ragequits over it.
    Yeah thats it

    NoKappa
    gozulin: G1 is like a paradise where, instead of having sex with 72 female virgins, you get to play SF4 against 272 male virgins.
    #FUCKBEETNEIN
    Grnlantern3: If a person developed a foot dive fighting style they'd be unstoppable
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,268
    MUSHI--8 (Ken player)

    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • Travis2310Travis2310 Street Fighter Aficionado Joined: Posts: 96
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.

    You don't lose points from being quit on, you lose points from losing matches. So your point losses can't be blamed on RQ's.

    But I do understand that because of RQ's, its hard to make up the points you lose legitimately.
    SFV: Chun-Li
    USF4: Fei Long, Juri, Chun-Li
    3rd Strike: Chun-Li
    P4AU: Yu
    MKX: Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Tanya, Sonya Blade
  • ErikkuSamaErikkuSama Death to rage quitters Joined: Posts: 86
    Another Ultra Platinum fraud

    Fighter ID: hahaahahahahhaah

  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.

    You]=[ don't lose points from being quit on, you lose points from losing matches. So your point losses can't be blamed on RQ's.

    But I do understand that because of RQ's, its hard to make up the points you lose legitimately.

    That's bad religion to be spreading.

    You do lose points when you get RQ'd on. We shouldn't be lying and saying "I lost, so therefore I can't blame it on RQs at all." Lets be literal for a second.

    You play, you rightfully win and you get RQ'd on. By default you just EARNED those points if that person does not RQ. Ergo that means something unoridnary happened and should not even exist in the game. It's an error, which means you lost points you just gained.

    Now, lets say this guy earned what could be 800 worth of points to RQ and regardless he loses 900 anyways. He'd still have 2800 just off RQs that shouldn't have happened.

    That alone changes the perspective on your progression. Let alone the fact that your potential matchups base themselves off timing (however brief the time is you get out a previous matchup.). So that means fights he could've lost would've probably never even came to be if that person didn't RQ and it gave him a few extra seconds to collect those points and then match up with a completely different person after his normal close out.

    So with that said, you do lose points from being quit on and we should stop spreading this belief like it's not a legitimate issue for people who really want to gain and go up with points. this not about our personal agendas where we say "GET GUD" or "It's just a game", cuz everyone values certain qualities of the game for a different reason. So this is theirs and they have a legitimate right to get mad about this. Even if some of us can just shrug it off, keep playing and know at the end of the day we'll get those points back anyways.
    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,140
    all these 7k+ LP RQtters these days ffs
    played 20 games today and already five 7k+ LP RQtters
    all these ppl need an 1 month ban + reset their points to 0
    at this point I can't say it otherwise because it's pretty much fact that these ppl deserve this kind of punishment for keep doing this
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • Sheng_LongSheng_Long Joined: Posts: 3
    edited May 2016
    Gumpool wrote: »
    I dont know whats more sad in this thread

    All the rage quitters or all you horrible scrubs uploading your shitty fights and cuckolding over some shitty points

    At rookie level as long as you get the win it's not a 'shitty fight' though. I realize that as you spend more time playing the game, gaining experience along the way; your execution, anti-airing, poking, strategy and muscle memory all improve to the point your matches start looking calculated and well executed. Until then, at rookie/bronze level the best you can do is rack up as many wins as possible in any way you can, study your losses and work on the parts of your game that need attention; slowly improving along the way. Play as many ranked matches as you can until you hit a skill ceiling and consequently start losing repeatedly; study your losses, hit the lab, improve your game again; then play ranked until you start losing again, rinse and repeat. At rookie level it's expected that some people will actually be rookies on the path to improving their game, with this in mind I think a 'shitty fight' for a rookie would be one they lose, not win. As for the 'horrible scrubs' thing, well; there's no need for that really is there; lighten up a bit.
    Post edited by Sheng_Long on
  • Travis2310Travis2310 Street Fighter Aficionado Joined: Posts: 96
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.

    You]=[ don't lose points from being quit on, you lose points from losing matches. So your point losses can't be blamed on RQ's.

    But I do understand that because of RQ's, its hard to make up the points you lose legitimately.

    That's bad religion to be spreading.

    You do lose points when you get RQ'd on. We shouldn't be lying and saying "I lost, so therefore I can't blame it on RQs at all." Lets be literal for a second.

    You play, you rightfully win and you get RQ'd on. By default you just EARNED those points if that person does not RQ. Ergo that means something unoridnary happened and should not even exist in the game. It's an error, which means you lost points you just gained.

    Now, lets say this guy earned what could be 800 worth of points to RQ and regardless he loses 900 anyways. He'd still have 2800 just off RQs that shouldn't have happened.

    That alone changes the perspective on your progression. Let alone the fact that your potential matchups base themselves off timing (however brief the time is you get out a previous matchup.). So that means fights he could've lost would've probably never even came to be if that person didn't RQ and it gave him a few extra seconds to collect those points and then match up with a completely different person after his normal close out.

    So with that said, you do lose points from being quit on and we should stop spreading this belief like it's not a legitimate issue for people who really want to gain and go up with points. this not about our personal agendas where we say "GET GUD" or "It's just a game", cuz everyone values certain qualities of the game for a different reason. So this is theirs and they have a legitimate right to get mad about this. Even if some of us can just shrug it off, keep playing and know at the end of the day we'll get those points back anyways.


    What you are saying is bad religion in some way as well.

    What I meant by what I said is that his point total before any RQ doesn't decrease because of a RQ; his point total GOES DOWN DUE TO LOSSES. I agree that it doesn't GO UP because he/she doesn't get the points that he/she earned, but my initial point was that he/she can still make strides to progress up in the ranks by NOT LOSING LEGIT GAMES.

    Also your point of...

    "Let alone the fact that your potential matchups base themselves off timing (however brief the time is you get out a previous matchup.). So that means fights he could've lost would've probably never even came to be if that person didn't RQ and it gave him a few extra seconds to collect those points and then match up with a completely different person after his normal close out."

    ... is just plain ridiculous. THAT point is the bad religion you're spreading. You can NEVER blame a RQ for a legitimate loss you take to someone who played you fairly and beat you. Regardless of timing due to RQs affecting your next matchup, IT IS YOUR FAULT for losing that matchup.

    Also, you logic can go both ways. A skewed timing due to a RQ in his/her last match may have set him/her up for an easier opponent, rather than if that person DIDNT RQ and he/she would have been matched up with a more difficult opponent.

    I also agree that RQs are tough for people who want to rank up, but lets not get to the pathetic point where we are blaming OUR OWN LEGITIMATE LOSSES on RQs that have nothing to do with subsequent games. Until CAPCOM gets their shit together, the best thing we can do is to make sure WE DONT LOSE in order to keep our points from dropping.
    SFV: Chun-Li
    USF4: Fei Long, Juri, Chun-Li
    3rd Strike: Chun-Li
    P4AU: Yu
    MKX: Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Tanya, Sonya Blade
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,651
    edited May 2016
    otter wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Add Edgeyman to the list.

    He dced during my livestream, so it's up on there in the past videos, cuz i got too much space full to make a video.

    Either way it was funny.

    I got another one i had saved, but never got around to snipping it up and putting it up.

    will soon.

    These posts are stupid. Please stop.

    It'd be stupid if it wasnt true. I frequent starslicers stream and the amount of ragequitters he encounters in one session can be ridiculous, not only can i vouch for most the names hes dropping, theres archived footage for proof on his channel. He is not kidding when he says he doesnt have room to upload them all.

    So he HAS videos and he's still coming in with heresay giving ammo to ragequitters against this thread? Great
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.

    You don't lose points from being quit on, you lose points from losing matches. So your point losses can't be blamed on RQ's.

    But I do understand that because of RQ's, its hard to make up the points you lose legitimately.

    This makes no sense. I would easily have 3k more points if ragequitting had been addressed.
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 789
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.

    You]=[ don't lose points from being quit on, you lose points from losing matches. So your point losses can't be blamed on RQ's.

    But I do understand that because of RQ's, its hard to make up the points you lose legitimately.

    That's bad religion to be spreading.

    You do lose points when you get RQ'd on. We shouldn't be lying and saying "I lost, so therefore I can't blame it on RQs at all." Lets be literal for a second.

    You play, you rightfully win and you get RQ'd on. By default you just EARNED those points if that person does not RQ. Ergo that means something unoridnary happened and should not even exist in the game. It's an error, which means you lost points you just gained.

    Now, lets say this guy earned what could be 800 worth of points to RQ and regardless he loses 900 anyways. He'd still have 2800 just off RQs that shouldn't have happened.

    That alone changes the perspective on your progression. Let alone the fact that your potential matchups base themselves off timing (however brief the time is you get out a previous matchup.). So that means fights he could've lost would've probably never even came to be if that person didn't RQ and it gave him a few extra seconds to collect those points and then match up with a completely different person after his normal close out.

    So with that said, you do lose points from being quit on and we should stop spreading this belief like it's not a legitimate issue for people who really want to gain and go up with points. this not about our personal agendas where we say "GET GUD" or "It's just a game", cuz everyone values certain qualities of the game for a different reason. So this is theirs and they have a legitimate right to get mad about this. Even if some of us can just shrug it off, keep playing and know at the end of the day we'll get those points back anyways.


    What you are saying is bad religion in some way as well.

    What I meant by what I said is that his point total before any RQ doesn't decrease because of a RQ; his point total GOES DOWN DUE TO LOSSES. I agree that it doesn't GO UP because he/she doesn't get the points that he/she earned, but my initial point was that he/she can still make strides to progress up in the ranks by NOT LOSING LEGIT GAMES.

    Also your point of...

    "Let alone the fact that your potential matchups base themselves off timing (however brief the time is you get out a previous matchup.). So that means fights he could've lost would've probably never even came to be if that person didn't RQ and it gave him a few extra seconds to collect those points and then match up with a completely different person after his normal close out."

    ... is just plain ridiculous. THAT point is the bad religion you're spreading. You can NEVER blame a RQ for a legitimate loss you take to someone who played you fairly and beat you. Regardless of timing due to RQs affecting your next matchup, IT IS YOUR FAULT for losing that matchup.

    Also, you logic can go both ways. A skewed timing due to a RQ in his/her last match may have set him/her up for an easier opponent, rather than if that person DIDNT RQ and he/she would have been matched up with a more difficult opponent.

    I also agree that RQs are tough for people who want to rank up, but lets not get to the pathetic point where we are blaming OUR OWN LEGITIMATE LOSSES on RQs that have nothing to do with subsequent games. Until CAPCOM gets their shit together, the best thing we can do is to make sure WE DONT LOSE in order to keep our points from dropping.

    You can't blame ragequitters for your losses, but you can blame them for your loss of points.
    Theoretically, if you win 50% of your matches your rank shouldn't raise or decrease. If you add rage quitters to the equation you still win 50% of the time, but you gain your points only 50% - ragequit% of the time
  • ExposedDExposedD NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,383
    edited May 2016
    Before selling my copy of SFV (i was quick so i didn't lose that much money)...
    I was stuck at ultra silver where i would play alot and win alot , but where i would get ragequit upon
    and then ocassionally lose to some really good player / character i do not know how 2 play the matchup... and it would continue in a endless loop like that. +0 -0

    #Thestrugglesofahonestman

    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
  • Travis2310Travis2310 Street Fighter Aficionado Joined: Posts: 96
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.

    You don't lose points from being quit on, you lose points from losing matches. So your point losses can't be blamed on RQ's.

    But I do understand that because of RQ's, its hard to make up the points you lose legitimately.

    This makes no sense. I would easily have 3k more points if ragequitting had been addressed.[/quote]


    What about that "makes no sense"?

    When someone RQs against you, yes your points don't increase, but that RQ DOES NOT LOWER THE AMOUNT OF POINTS YOU HAD BEFORE THE MATCH.
    SFV: Chun-Li
    USF4: Fei Long, Juri, Chun-Li
    3rd Strike: Chun-Li
    P4AU: Yu
    MKX: Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Tanya, Sonya Blade
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    CFN = ERamirez - Birdie, Platinum rank.

    Beats me first match. Got him on the second and course ragequit.
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • FoilFoil Joined: Posts: 136
    ErikkuSama wrote: »
    Theoretically, if you win 50% of your matches your rank shouldn't raise or decrease.
    I don't think you have any understanding whatsoever of how Ranked points/matchmaking work.
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 443
    Los wrote: »
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.

    You]=[ don't lose points from being quit on, you lose points from losing matches. So your point losses can't be blamed on RQ's.

    But I do understand that because of RQ's, its hard to make up the points you lose legitimately.

    That's bad religion to be spreading.

    You do lose points when you get RQ'd on. We shouldn't be lying and saying "I lost, so therefore I can't blame it on RQs at all." Lets be literal for a second.

    You play, you rightfully win and you get RQ'd on. By default you just EARNED those points if that person does not RQ. Ergo that means something unoridnary happened and should not even exist in the game. It's an error, which means you lost points you just gained.

    Now, lets say this guy earned what could be 800 worth of points to RQ and regardless he loses 900 anyways. He'd still have 2800 just off RQs that shouldn't have happened.

    That alone changes the perspective on your progression. Let alone the fact that your potential matchups base themselves off timing (however brief the time is you get out a previous matchup.). So that means fights he could've lost would've probably never even came to be if that person didn't RQ and it gave him a few extra seconds to collect those points and then match up with a completely different person after his normal close out.

    So with that said, you do lose points from being quit on and we should stop spreading this belief like it's not a legitimate issue for people who really want to gain and go up with points. this not about our personal agendas where we say "GET GUD" or "It's just a game", cuz everyone values certain qualities of the game for a different reason. So this is theirs and they have a legitimate right to get mad about this. Even if some of us can just shrug it off, keep playing and know at the end of the day we'll get those points back anyways.


    What you are saying is bad religion in some way as well.

    What I meant by what I said is that his point total before any RQ doesn't decrease because of a RQ; his point total GOES DOWN DUE TO LOSSES. I agree that it doesn't GO UP because he/she doesn't get the points that he/she earned, but my initial point was that he/she can still make strides to progress up in the ranks by NOT LOSING LEGIT GAMES.

    Also your point of...

    "Let alone the fact that your potential matchups base themselves off timing (however brief the time is you get out a previous matchup.). So that means fights he could've lost would've probably never even came to be if that person didn't RQ and it gave him a few extra seconds to collect those points and then match up with a completely different person after his normal close out."

    ... is just plain ridiculous. THAT point is the bad religion you're spreading. You can NEVER blame a RQ for a legitimate loss you take to someone who played you fairly and beat you. Regardless of timing due to RQs affecting your next matchup, IT IS YOUR FAULT for losing that matchup.

    Also, you logic can go both ways. A skewed timing due to a RQ in his/her last match may have set him/her up for an easier opponent, rather than if that person DIDNT RQ and he/she would have been matched up with a more difficult opponent.

    I also agree that RQs are tough for people who want to rank up, but lets not get to the pathetic point where we are blaming OUR OWN LEGITIMATE LOSSES on RQs that have nothing to do with subsequent games. Until CAPCOM gets their shit together, the best thing we can do is to make sure WE DONT LOSE in order to keep our points from dropping.

    You can't blame ragequitters for your losses, but you can blame them for your loss of points.
    Theoretically, if you win 50% of your matches your rank shouldn't raise or decrease. If you add rage quitters to the equation you still win 50% of the time, but you gain your points only 50% - ragequit% of the time

    Such a simple mind you have.
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 789
    Foil wrote: »
    ErikkuSama wrote: »
    Theoretically, if you win 50% of your matches your rank shouldn't raise or decrease.
    I don't think you have any understanding whatsoever of how Ranked points/matchmaking work.

    1. You quoted the wrong guy
    2. It's a simplification for the sake of the discussion

    Critique the logic, not the example
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,140
    for the first time since long, today I looked through the current top 100 of the leaderboards and what do I see? 75 out of the current top 100 players are cheaters, RQtter frauds or bots.
    prob. even more because 75 of these players Ido know / I am 100% sure they are not legit and I can rek them 10-0 easily.

    ffs
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • DevdanDevdan Joined: Posts: 538
    Kecka wrote: »
    I think one of the issues with rage quitting being so rampant is that it's a vicious circle. You have people who habitually rage quit, which leads to people who feel cheated out of their points to finally start rage quitting because they think they "deserve it" for being rage quit on, which in turn fosters a mentality of "everyone does it, so it's fine" and "all high rankers do it"

    Yep. I want to give the new GG a try, but I'm worried that anyone who plays it who also played SFV will now rage quit in every game they play. I remember a time when I could play 30 matches in a game without being rage quit on. Memories. :(

  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 148

    PathosNaj = ragequitter
  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 148

    PathosNaj = ragequitter
  • maxi2099maxi2099 Joined: Posts: 13
    MolericBR = one more
    A4EA612945F33A8AE504CA7B05C39E486DC3085B
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    Kecka wrote: »
    Incidentally, this is why I refuse to ever quit out on principle, even if my opponent's so jittery it's like I'm playing Michael J. Fox. It's a slippery slope paved with salt. It starts with "justified" rage quitting over connections or whatever, and soon it's because I dropped a combo due to lag, and after that I'm just deluding myself into thinking I'm not pressing buttons when I'm hammering jab. I'd like to think that deep down, people who rage quit are way saltier than people who get rage quit on, and at least that way I can keep my sodium levels in check by pretending I have the moral high ground.

    While I do think there's nothing wrong in leaving laggy game early on because it's just a waste of time for both parties, that's a rather commendable way to look at the big picture.

    I'm not as strong-willed so I just stay away from ranked, period.
Sign In or Register to comment.