The Rage Quitting Thread

1676870727387

Comments

  • ErikkuSamaErikkuSama Death to rage quitters Joined: Posts: 86
    edited June 2016
    I really don't understand why people keep rage quitting after reaching gold league (when they win the trophy). Except for a shitty title, the only price is to fight high ranked players, which obviously they doesn't like.
  • Travis2310Travis2310 Street Fighter Aficionado Joined: Posts: 96
    ErikkuSama wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people keep rage quitting after reaching gold league (when they win the trophy). Except for a shitty title, the only price is to fight high ranked players, which obviously they doesn't like.

    Maybe the amount of points they have is there fake semblance of pride/skill, whether they are hard earned points or not.
    SFV: Chun-Li
    USF4: Fei Long, Juri, Chun-Li
    3rd Strike: Chun-Li
    P4AU: Yu
    MKX: Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Tanya, Sonya Blade
  • worldwarrior45worldwarrior45 Add me for some games World-Warrior Joined: Posts: 34
    I get people rage quittin on casual haha
  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    edited June 2016
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.

    You]=[ don't lose points from being quit on, you lose points from losing matches. So your point losses can't be blamed on RQ's.

    But I do understand that because of RQ's, its hard to make up the points you lose legitimately.

    That's bad religion to be spreading.

    You do lose points when you get RQ'd on. We shouldn't be lying and saying "I lost, so therefore I can't blame it on RQs at all." Lets be literal for a second.

    You play, you rightfully win and you get RQ'd on. By default you just EARNED those points if that person does not RQ. Ergo that means something unoridnary happened and should not even exist in the game. It's an error, which means you lost points you just gained.

    Now, lets say this guy earned what could be 800 worth of points to RQ and regardless he loses 900 anyways. He'd still have 2800 just off RQs that shouldn't have happened.

    That alone changes the perspective on your progression. Let alone the fact that your potential matchups base themselves off timing (however brief the time is you get out a previous matchup.). So that means fights he could've lost would've probably never even came to be if that person didn't RQ and it gave him a few extra seconds to collect those points and then match up with a completely different person after his normal close out.

    So with that said, you do lose points from being quit on and we should stop spreading this belief like it's not a legitimate issue for people who really want to gain and go up with points. this not about our personal agendas where we say "GET GUD" or "It's just a game", cuz everyone values certain qualities of the game for a different reason. So this is theirs and they have a legitimate right to get mad about this. Even if some of us can just shrug it off, keep playing and know at the end of the day we'll get those points back anyways.


    What you are saying is bad religion in some way as well.

    What I meant by what I said is that his point total before any RQ doesn't decrease because of a RQ; his point total GOES DOWN DUE TO LOSSES. I agree that it doesn't GO UP because he/she doesn't get the points that he/she earned, but my initial point was that he/she can still make strides to progress up in the ranks by NOT LOSING LEGIT GAMES.

    Also your point of...

    "Let alone the fact that your potential matchups base themselves off timing (however brief the time is you get out a previous matchup.). So that means fights he could've lost would've probably never even came to be if that person didn't RQ and it gave him a few extra seconds to collect those points and then match up with a completely different person after his normal close out."

    ... is just plain ridiculous. THAT point is the bad religion you're spreading. You can NEVER blame a RQ for a legitimate loss you take to someone who played you fairly and beat you. Regardless of timing due to RQs affecting your next matchup, IT IS YOUR FAULT for losing that matchup.

    Also, you logic can go both ways. A skewed timing due to a RQ in his/her last match may have set him/her up for an easier opponent, rather than if that person DIDNT RQ and he/she would have been matched up with a more difficult opponent.

    I also agree that RQs are tough for people who want to rank up, but lets not get to the pathetic point where we are blaming OUR OWN LEGITIMATE LOSSES on RQs that have nothing to do with subsequent games. Until CAPCOM gets their shit together, the best thing we can do is to make sure WE DONT LOSE in order to keep our points from dropping.

    Actually yes you can and it's quite ironic you're saying that's ridiculous yet you're so caught up in the actual system you aren't comprehending the realism of what I said.

    Lets say you're waiting for a bus, but you get held up at home for 5 minutes. By the time you get to the bus stop, you look to your right and see the bus just leaving. Meaning your just missed it. Had you not gotten held up five minutes prior, you may very well be on that bus right now headed to your destination.

    SO if you happen to be in a matchup, you get ragequitted on which would normally be a player wanting a runback for their points (possibly.), you go back to the lobby and sometimes IMMEDIATELY get matched up with someone else if you're on automatic. You are now in a match with someone you most likely would not be in a match with at that specific point and time had the prior person not RQ'd. Now yes, the choices you make in the match is fully reasonable for if you win or lose, but if you did the current set fully or that person didn't RQ and time went on normal to where they just didn't decide another match and you left back out, it's very possible that within that specific time frame - you could possibly be matched up with someone completely different and the person you would lose to would be matched up with someone else. Simply due to that small time difference inbetween what's happening here.

    I don't think that's a hard concept to understand, nor is it bad religion that i'm spreading, because timing is very real, crucial and important on a lot of situations. (Even if you do want to try to disregard it here.) And while you're noting the RQ may set them up with an easier opponent, I've never denied that could happen at all. However is that the natural and normal timeline that would be followed if RQs did not exist? No, because they shouldn't be happening in the first place.

    I'm not saying you should blame every L you take cuz of a RQ, but what I am saying is that sometimes had a person not RQ'd, chances are you wouldn't always be matched up with someone you're gonna take an L from if things had just gone the natural way. So don't take what I said and start running off with it like I'm implying all Losses you take should be blamed on RQs. At the end of the day, that person was better than the other person or the person didn't make the right decisions causing them to lose - which makes it majorly on the player themselves because they lost. However it's an undeniable fact that unless you been waiting a good minute after that RQ that you could've been matched up with someone completely different that you could've possibly actually beaten or lost from as well. So lets not act like I'm selling lies and fantasies here.

    As for the last thing you said, Ls gon be taken regardless and waiting for crapkum to fix shit must be like slowly sodomizing yourself with a throny stick from a bramble bush. You're getting fucked at some point either way when you shouldn't have to if shit just went right.

    Edit:
    otter wrote: »
    otter wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Add Edgeyman to the list.

    He dced during my livestream, so it's up on there in the past videos, cuz i got too much space full to make a video.

    Either way it was funny.

    I got another one i had saved, but never got around to snipping it up and putting it up.

    will soon.

    These posts are stupid. Please stop.

    It'd be stupid if it wasnt true. I frequent starslicers stream and the amount of ragequitters he encounters in one session can be ridiculous, not only can i vouch for most the names hes dropping, theres archived footage for proof on his channel. He is not kidding when he says he doesnt have room to upload them all.

    So he HAS videos and he's still coming in with heresay giving ammo to ragequitters against this thread? Great

    Are you stupid?

    Hi stupid, in case you can actually comprehend this, the RQs were recorded on my LIVE STREAM, so if you want to sift through 30 mins to an hour to find the RQ moments in a video that I won't be editing to moooooooove over to utoob, then tough nuts to crack for you.

    Also I don't remember you being the moderation for this thread, but even if you were I'd tell you to blow that dumb shit you're talking out your ass elsewhere.

    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • StarslicerStarslicer WAKEUPULTRAS4DAYZ Joined: Posts: 530
    edited June 2016
    delete this post or whatever.

    3s: EBOOKEY
    IV: Nobody plays that shit.
    V: IBUUUUUUKIIIII - Main2be, Roo - soon2bsubbed.
    Twitch - Starslicer
    Fighter ID: Starslicer - PSN/Togenki - PC
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 784
    Got ragequit on by an ultragold vega - vastend and a platinum necalli player - don juan. The penalty for ragequitters clearly isn't working and until they fix the system I think I'm done with this mode.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,082
    Is it impossible to make a system that registers any pre-ending match as a loss?

    And then based on pre-match end ratio you get matchmaking disabled?


    Jesus god damn christ. I know nothing about coding but IS IT THAT HARD???
  • ErikkuSamaErikkuSama Death to rage quitters Joined: Posts: 86
    Capcom is the perfect example of how a successful company can dig his own tomb. Just like Konami.

  • TyphooMantisTyphooMantis Joined: Posts: 72
    It's obvious that capcom doesn't care about ragequitters and online play sadly. Their more focused with offline play as that connects to tournaments.
  • JayceeTHUNDERJayceeTHUNDER Joined: Posts: 23
    ErikkuSama wrote: »
    Capcom is the perfect example of how a successful company can dig his own tomb. Just like Konami.

    Amen.... it's kinda scary actually.
  • w00denTEETHw00denTEETH "BLOW A FUSE, you lose" Joined: Posts: 780
    I get people rage quittin on casual haha

    ...they do this because they are practicing their disconnect technique for ranked.
  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 148

    So this guy took the first match then I won the rematch and this loser just ragequit. #nohonor
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    CubanoFL wrote: »

    So this guy took the first match then I won the rematch and this loser just ragequit. #nohonor

    It's like you play nothing but ranked with all the vids you post, yet I noticed you have remained around the same rank for months.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

    R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,082
    uh oh!!!
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,727
    Is it impossible to make a system that registers any pre-ending match as a loss?

    And then based on pre-match end ratio you get matchmaking disabled?


    Jesus god damn christ. I know nothing about coding but IS IT THAT HARD???

    Especially considering KI already has that exact system in place. Hell, KI actually has a system for the exact opposite, where it'll start punishing you if you consistently win by your opponent disconnecting to prevent booting your opponent for points. Granted, KI is way older and has had time to get to that level (as I recall, the jail system was completely broken and disabled a ton of innocent people from matchmaking early on), but still. Maybe I'm a dick because I live in a country with fantastic network stability and have dropped a match all of once, but Capcom is just being too kiddy gloves with this. It's become such a rampant problem that they need to start making an example out of people. Who honestly cares if it's accidental or not? If they consistently drop matches because of a bad connection, they shouldn't be playing online anyway. Deduct points and throw all the rage quitters in their own matchmaking lobby where they can quit on each other all they want. Or just make the no play for two hours thing kick in faster and more often.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

    I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • Loner_RebelLoner_Rebel Joined: Posts: 11
    otter wrote: »
    otter wrote: »
    Starslicer wrote: »
    Add Edgeyman to the list.

    He dced during my livestream, so it's up on there in the past videos, cuz i got too much space full to make a video.

    Either way it was funny.

    I got another one i had saved, but never got around to snipping it up and putting it up.

    will soon.

    These posts are stupid. Please stop.

    It'd be stupid if it wasnt true. I frequent starslicers stream and the amount of ragequitters he encounters in one session can be ridiculous, not only can i vouch for most the names hes dropping, theres archived footage for proof on his channel. He is not kidding when he says he doesnt have room to upload them all.

    So he HAS videos and he's still coming in with heresay giving ammo to ragequitters against this thread? Great
    Travis2310 wrote: »
    Cyberfish wrote: »
    I went from 2900-2000 due to being honest and being quit on. It is getting very lame. I take my big losses like a champ and get little in return when I do win, and get quit on when I beat people higher than me. I can count more RQs than points almost. LOL.

    You don't lose points from being quit on, you lose points from losing matches. So your point losses can't be blamed on RQ's.

    But I do understand that because of RQ's, its hard to make up the points you lose legitimately.

    This makes no sense. I would easily have 3k more points if ragequitting had been addressed.

    I like how you ignored everything i said about the videos being archived on twitch and his pc not having room to save videos, and just went" hurr dur hes got proof and not posting?"
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,653
    edited June 2016
    6th Dump

    KingXIII


    blackken


    WannaSeeMyKungFu


    snackdog99


    A-Hero-of-vale


    -Oddy-


    KaiserRose


    blazininferno


    snackdog99 (second impact)
    Post edited by otter on
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,727
    Maryokutai wrote: »

    While I do think there's nothing wrong in leaving laggy game early on because it's just a waste of time for both parties, that's a rather commendable way to look at the big picture.

    I'm not as strong-willed so I just stay away from ranked, period.

    To be honest, it's just me knowing I've got poor self control. It's the same thing with eating candy or working out. I need to go all or nothing, because otherwise I will start rationalizing and finding excuses to be a lazy piece of shit.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

    I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • maxi2099maxi2099 Joined: Posts: 13
    edited June 2016
    K3lvinZetsu3i, bad Charlie player:
    E74625098DF8CEC41B5C783049800CC7580944D8
  • CyberfishCyberfish Joined: Posts: 174
    My rage quits have slowed down, but I also havent played much ranked lately.

  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,281
    Our first ragequit of the day was a Necalli player of dubious quality going by the name 'Thugnificant'. Apparently blocking is antithetical to the existence of a Necalli player and having more than one DP get blocked just causes something inside them to snap or maybe outside if they flat out tore their Ethernet cable in half.

    The second ragequit of the day was actually an interesting case as it was the third time I was matched up with an inexplicably near super Gold Ken player in LatinoDro. I'm guessing the straw that broke the camels back was the fact that during out sixth game, unlike the previous five, he didn't manage to take a round off of me and neither round was especially close.

    I really wish that Thugnificant's PSN name was a bit more coherent as I have a feeling that that would have been interesting.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • ErikkuSamaErikkuSama Death to rage quitters Joined: Posts: 86
    As far as I can see, the majority of rage quitters are from Gold league and above, so I'm not playing ranked until they come up with a real solution to the problem. I just reached Gold last week anyway and now I have my trophy, but I don't want to giveaway more points to these pathetic losers.
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,281
    ErikkuSama wrote: »
    As far as I can see, the majority of rage quitters are from Gold league and above, so I'm not playing ranked until they come up with a real solution to the problem. I just reached Gold last week anyway and now I have my trophy, but I don't want to giveaway more points to these pathetic losers.
    Eh, I'm just going to let my PSN+ expire until Capcom fixes the ragequitting and one-sided rollback issues. I do not anticipate playing SFV online again this year.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,727
    I just got my first KI rage quit. Which I know is kind of off topic since this is for SFV, but I didn't know where else to post it and it felt unnecessary to start a brand new thread for it. So, this just goes to show how stupid and/or short-sighted salty people are. 1) I still get the W and he still gets the L, points and all. 2) He was the lowest Gold rank, and in KI losses don't rank you down anyway, so even if he didn't lose points for rage quitting it still wouldn't matter much. 3) If he makes a habit of this he'll only get matched up with other rage quitters. 4) Even if his plan was to get matched up with rage quitters to get a bazillion points and rank up when they inevitably quit out on him, the game stops awarding you the points if you consistently win by your opponent disconnecting.

    In a game that probably has the harshest and most effective rage quitting punishment out there, there are still people doing it. This bitch was so salty he couldn't just sit through my victory animation. Or, you know, turn away from the screen for five seconds and plug his ears so he wouldn't have to hear or see me win. Instead he chose to punish himself for no gain. I'm almost impressed with how willing he is to accept his butthurt. It's kind of like self-flagellation for scrubs.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

    I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • soncissoncis Joined: Posts: 306
    Cyrekx some scrubby cammy with 4k bp quit on me... what a noob..
    3S: Ken
    USF4: Dudley
    SFV: Alex/Ibuki/Urien(?)
  • ReadAbookReadAbook Joined: Posts: 5

    Camdoe1

    Just googling his name reveals a plethora of salty ragequits. Plus what looks to be lag manipulation? Every time I combo him the game shat itself when otherwise it was running smoothly. Admittedly I played rather terribly but still won. What a loser.
  • fischbsfischbs stop that Joined: Posts: 1,175
    Bitch ass 10k LP Cammy player named cookiesundcream just rage quit on me when I was slam dunking that ass. Get rekt kid.
    You can use BBCode in your post. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • wolfpak360wolfpak360 Street fighter baby Joined: Posts: 75
    I don't play this much since I have been playing dark souls 3 and uncharted but I do play atleast once a week to improve my ranking. Tonight I played a gold ranked fang and shut him down round 1 and round 2 I was one hit away from the victory and the coward quit on me. I tried to quickly hit the share button but it did not record the match. I don't understand why and I looked under players met and he was nowhere to be found. I am just a super bronze so it kinda pissed me off. I've never quit on anyone. I've had disconnections but never on the last hit when I was about to lose. I take my losses and learn. I wish I could figure out who he Is bc I wanna put his ass out there. He was a gold rank fang and I destroyed him with Cammy. Idc about the points bc I will improve my rank, I just finished the 2 games mentioned above and plan to dedicate more time to sf5. I just want to know how i can figure out who this player is so I can put him out there and why it was not there when I went to share the replay. Anyone can help, I would appreciate it
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    PS4 always captures the last ten or fifteen minutes, so whenever someone leaves and you really want to know who it was, just hit Share and press Square (I think) to capture. After that just skip through the video in your media library until you arrive at the match you wanted to record. Note: it's already too late to do that now as the capturing cache isn't kept after shutting down the console.

    Also, due to how CFN and the cross-platform system works, none of the players you've played turn up under 'players met', so the only way to contact someone is to either check your replays (if the match concluded properly) or use the afore-mentioned Share function (if the match ended prematurely).
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 443
    I am guilty of rage quitting just now.
    Laura. 2200lp. 34 win streak.

    34?! really bro?
    Didn't even bother. Ran outta there before Round 1 even started.

    Wonder if more people did this, would they quit quitting??

    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    ParryThis wrote: »
    I am guilty of rage quitting just now.
    Laura. 2200lp. 34 win streak.

    34?! really bro?
    Didn't even bother. Ran outta there before Round 1 even started.

    Wonder if more people did this, would they quit quitting??

    Could've been a smurf (new account but experienced player). I've done it before, and it's the reason why I always give them a chance regardless of how fishy it may seem.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

    R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,727
    ParryThis wrote: »
    I am guilty of rage quitting just now.
    Laura. 2200lp. 34 win streak.

    34?! really bro?
    Didn't even bother. Ran outta there before Round 1 even started.

    Wonder if more people did this, would they quit quitting??

    I think it'd just lead to people either giving up on the game entirely, or even more rage quits. See, the fact that you consider rage quitting the solution to rage quitting just proves my point about the vicious circle. As more and more people rage quit, it becomes ingrained in the community as being acceptable for various reasons. Even if 9/10 people with absurd win streaks are rage quitters, that still means you rage quit on genuine players every tenth time. While not quite that high, I've genuinely gone 18-0, and I'm pretty bad at the game. I'm sure a decent player could reach 30 wins or so every now and then depending on match-ups.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

    I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 443
    Adding another loop to your loop.

    Fighting fire (RQ) with fire may 9/10 continue the viscous cycle as you say. However, I look at it as a tenth possibility that it may stop it. That Laura I did this too may realize, "sh!t, no one wants to play me anymore. Parrythis was the umpteenth person to do it. Motivation received. I'll stop being so childlike and take it like a man." Now, people accept his matches. Life is good for laura.



    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,281
    Kecka wrote: »
    ParryThis wrote: »
    I am guilty of rage quitting just now.
    Laura. 2200lp. 34 win streak.

    34?! really bro?
    Didn't even bother. Ran outta there before Round 1 even started.

    Wonder if more people did this, would they quit quitting??

    I think it'd just lead to people either giving up on the game entirely, or even more rage quits. See, the fact that you consider rage quitting the solution to rage quitting just proves my point about the vicious circle. As more and more people rage quit, it becomes ingrained in the community as being acceptable for various reasons. Even if 9/10 people with absurd win streaks are rage quitters, that still means you rage quit on genuine players every tenth time. While not quite that high, I've genuinely gone 18-0, and I'm pretty bad at the game. I'm sure a decent player could reach 30 wins or so every now and then depending on match-ups.
    Depends what rank they are. About the only platinum or above players I've been matched with are Kreymore (which I think Kreymore and Dieminion share), Celeron and some random Gief (not his actual screen name). The times that I've encountered the first two people listed they've never had anything approaching 30+ win streaks going whereas the two times I've encountered the Zangief player he's had a 60+ and 40+ win streak. Would you care to guess who among those players ragequit on me?

    I also hope that whoever's going around flagging posts in this thread gets rekt.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,653
    edited June 2016
    I can see the appeal of quitting against quitters but I'm very proud of being super plat without cheating.

    #purity
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    otter wrote: »
    I can see the appeal of quitting against quitters but I'm very proud of being super plat without cheating.

    #purity

    Nash is basically cheating.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

    R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 148

    Tuskabanana = ragequitter
  • maxi2099maxi2099 Joined: Posts: 13
    marcel324, rage quit just after my perfect at second round:
    E52DC2C0513AF2648CC953D7267F893350FFEC15
Sign In or Register to comment.