The Rage Quitting Thread

Comments

• ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,401
    Happened again this morning, again just let the guy punch my face, seriusly do people not know they lag? at the end of the game when the rematch window popped up he had 1 bar of connection, I mean cmon!
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    SFV: Roxanne (soon)
  • Xandra71Xandra71 halp im 5'4 someone please get me a stool so i can actually witness the match Joined: Posts: 7
    ZioSerpe wrote: »
    Happened again this morning, again just let the guy punch my face, seriusly do people not know they lag? at the end of the game when the rematch window popped up he had 1 bar of connection, I mean cmon!

I'm not too experienced with this kinda thing so I apologize in advance if I goof up, but aren't there settings so you can choose to only connect to players with good connection? I've never really fiddled with my connection settings but I'm pretty sure you can change them. I looked it up and it goes something like this:

The default setting is "Any" meaning you can play against any player from anywhere in the world, or people with really poor internet, like 1 to 2 bars. The next setting, 3-5, is the one Capcom recommends. It still matches you with players from many places around the world (but unlike the first setting there are exceptions) while maintaining a good connection at the same time. The last one is 4-5, which is for players who want really strong internet and only want to play people in their region.

Once again, correct me if I'm wrong and these aren't a thing, but if they are I recommend trying them out. This way, you won't have to deal with lag.

Do the impossible, see the invisible, row row, fight the power!

Xandra - She is currently trying to get into Street Fighter competitively but sucks at SSV. She laughs at pretty much anything and is one of those weird nutcases that love veggies. The only person she trash talks is herself. She's horrible at writing first person bios so she writes them in third person. Thinks she's clever because of this but actually isn't.
    Xandra71 wrote: »

I'm not too experienced with this kinda thing so I apologize in advance if I goof up, but aren't there settings so you can choose to only connect to players with good connection? I've never really fiddled with my connection settings but I'm pretty sure you can change them. I looked it up and it goes something like this:

The default setting is "Any" meaning you can play against any player from anywhere in the world, or people with really poor internet, like 1 to 2 bars. The next setting, 3-5, is the one Capcom recommends. It still matches you with players from many places around the world (but unlike the first setting there are exceptions) while maintaining a good connection at the same time. The last one is 4-5, which is for players who want really strong internet and only want to play people in their region.

Once again, correct me if I'm wrong and these aren't a thing, but if they are I recommend trying them out. This way, you won't have to deal with lag.

Yep they are a thing and I always que with 4-5 even in this case, then at the end of the match he has 1
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    If I notice really, really bad lag at the beginning of the match (we're talking a second of input delay, freeze frames, teleporting and stuff) then you can be sure I'm gone before the ingame clock is down 10 seconds. It's just a waste of time for both parties, don't see what's bad about leaving there. Especially as you opponent won't even have to boot up the game again (unlike you) and can search for a new game right away.
  • Xandra71Xandra71 halp im 5'4 someone please get me a stool so i can actually witness the match Joined: Posts: 7

Yep they are a thing and I always que with 4-5 even in this case, then at the end of the match he has 1

Huh... that's odd. I've never had people who's internet start out that good and end up being that bad. Is it someone outside of whatever country you're in? That might be a contributing factor.
    Do the impossible, see the invisible, row row, fight the power!

Xandra - She is currently trying to get into Street Fighter competitively but sucks at SSV. She laughs at pretty much anything and is one of those weird nutcases that love veggies. The only person she trash talks is herself. She's horrible at writing first person bios so she writes them in third person. Thinks she's clever because of this but actually isn't.
  • CubanoFLCubanoFL Joined: Posts: 154

SP921AWN = RAGEQUITTER
  • AbbelboxeAbbelboxe Joined: Posts: 122

I would never ever set it to anything else but "only 5". Even 4 is intolerable.
    USF4: Seth (and Sakura and Dhalsim)
    SF5: M.Bison

Always play the evil Asshole!

Some of my Matches. Feel free to watch... or not.
    Season 2 Matches
    I just had my 1st ragequitter while playing Juri, I don't blame the guy, if I lost to me I'd ragequit too
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • Happy_Birthday_RikaHappy_Birthday_Rika Joined: Posts: 29
    Had some more idiots rage quit on me. This time, I notice a common theme. A bunch of Rookie and Bronze players who are so skilled that they should be in the Silver or Gold level.
    • Thanos1978 - A bronze M. Bison who spams the Devil's Reverse. Got very predictable as the matches went on. And just when I get the final KO, he rage quits because his tricks weren't working.
    • BidMickey - I'll admit that his Akuma skills so good, he shouldn't even be in the Rookie level. Probably silver or gold. And yet I beat him a couple of times. Last few times when I got the win, he rage quits again and again.
    • Godhand707 - This guy uses Guile, Urien and Ryu. I get matched up with him a bunch of times and won most of the matches. Now when we play, he starts teabagging and taunting. And just when I was about to get the win, he backs out. Since then, he rage quits the moment he matches up with me.
    • Daggumit - He is so skilled in many characters like F.A.N.G, Rashid, Urien, Ryu, Akuma, etc. Initially, he was a one-and-done guy, quitting after he wins/loses the first game. I beat him a few times, and I believe I was getting to his head because he's been taunting when we play. Of course like the rest, quits when he loses.
    • Evilgenius0604 - So skilled in Rashid and Alex. I don't understand why he would rage quit when I took one lousy round on him. Happens the last 3 times we played.
  • irl II Wilsonirl II Wilson Play third strike,its a good game. Joined: Posts: 422
    Got a batch of videos that im puttin in a playlist of recent rage quitters. Will post it in a bit.
    "I remind you of the things you were made to forget."
    My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0T85fjkfLsfIuSPLTEkdmw
  • irl II Wilsonirl II Wilson Play third strike,its a good game. Joined: Posts: 422
    Here is the playlist so far.

Ft :
    Tweeed (Laura)
    leonhart10( Bison)
    powerrr (Ryu)
    QuartzRetro (Birdie)
    slipknot3456 (Balrog
    emperortao (Laura)
    "I remind you of the things you were made to forget."
    My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0T85fjkfLsfIuSPLTEkdmw
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,575
    "carnatom" from Ireland - worst game I've had since 1881.
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!

Season 2 Matches
  • CyberfishCyberfish Joined: Posts: 174

Ft :
    Tweeed (Laura)
    leonhart10( Bison)
    powerrr (Ryu)
    QuartzRetro (Birdie)
    slipknot3456 (Balrog
    emperortao (Laura)

Are you asking yourself why these players RQed? Probably cause someone higher ranked than them kept tea bagging.
    edited May 29

Ft :
    Tweeed (Laura)
    leonhart10( Bison)
    powerrr (Ryu)
    QuartzRetro (Birdie)
    slipknot3456 (Balrog
    emperortao (Laura)

Teabagging is disgusting. A lot more than RQing.
    Especially Teabagging someone who is obviously not playing anymore tells quite a story.
    Post edited by Abbelboxe on

Season 2 Matches
    Yeah, I'm not really an advocate of fighting fire with fire but if someone gets stunned and the opponent starts teabagging and taunting like crazy it's really not surprising a few of them will just quit at that point. It's not the right thing to do obviously but neither is disrespecting your opponent in such an childish manner.
  • kilevoxkilevox Joined: Posts: 5

Orenda - 228 wins - so far...
    228 wins is like the classic ragequit icon before Capcom decided to implement it.
    Neighbur = ragequitter
    Are they really getting penalized? I'm getting a lot of rq lately

SplashBoy = ragequitter

KingAlbo = ragequitter

FernDawg = ragequitter
  • coconutz50coconutz50 Joined: Posts: 132
    CubanoFL wrote: »

FernDawg = ragequitter

Ahh Cubano,the cuban snitch. JK, thanks for exposing the wannabe cheaters. As a fellow Ken player, you got skilz.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,575
    edited September 9
    Dierto from Belgium...
    Post edited by NG1313 on
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!

The_final_banana = ragequitter

SleepinOnTheJob = ragequitter

S_V_G_C = ragequitter
  • Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 399
    It's funny I only play battle lounge but I've been noticing more people even rage quitting in this mode.
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 311
    I got a ban for ragequitting in casual. Aside from the fact I payed for the game, Ryu and Fang players should be allowed to do so, at least in casuals. If we had voice chat I wouldn't ever need to anyway, get on it Crapcom. Better yet, balance your shitty game.

Harmless27 = ragequitter

Minuet = ragequitter
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,872

ssaymssik: Ragequitter.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 976
    Suprised i am not in this list
    If I ever run into CubanoFL (highly unlikely sadly) I'ma spend the game tracing his name on the stick and then quit the match just because
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 311
    FDream wrote: »
    Suprised i am not in this list

Same.
  • VostokVostok Joined: Posts: 3
    I didn't realize people would rage quit that much at this game.. The matches are like minutes long.. lol

Jarbzzzz = ragequitter
    If I ever run into CubanoFL (highly unlikely sadly) I'ma spend the game tracing his name on the stick and then quit the match just because

???

???