R.Mika Video Thread: "I'll Totally Make This Look Cool!"

Mr. FlowersMr. Flowers Omega MaleJoined: Posts: 2,094 mod
edited March 2016 in R. Mika

And I say 'Hey!' [V-Skill]
What a wonderful kind of way,
Where we can learn to work and play,
And get along with R. Mika...

Video is a great source of entertainment and great for teaching and learning.
So with that in mind lets visually share awesome match and tournament videos, match up breakdowns, setups, resets, shenanigans, highlight reels, combo videos etc here.

To start, I created a youtube playlist and added R. Mika videos that I thought were cool or useful in someway. At this time of posting its full of beta build stuff since the game isn't out until next tuesday but I aim to keep working on the playlist over time.

Post edited by Mr. Flowers on
Bring back Sakura.

Comments

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,327
    Thank you for making the thread!
    I am going to post these videos so that we can have a good start:

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Mr. FlowersMr. Flowers Omega Male Joined: Posts: 2,094 mod
    Alright so today was my first time ever playing SFV. Thought I'd share my crappy matches. I didn't have a match where everything comes together so its all hit and miss. Not great punishes,being predictable and unsafe. Being hasty or hesitant. I even forgot to use my V-reversal in these videos but I used it often other times.

I hope everyone else starts sharing their gameplay too.

Bring back Sakura.
  • HanDred_FistHanDred_Fist Reporting live! Joined: Posts: 250
    edited February 2016
    Alright so today was my first time ever playing SFV. Thought I'd share my crappy matches. I didn't have a match where everything comes together so its all hit and miss. Not great punishes,being predictable and unsafe. Being hasty or hesitant. I even forgot to use my V-reversal in these videos but I used it often other times.

I hope everyone else starts sharing their gameplay too.

Ooof you got that Wingless down pat. Thanks for sharing.
    SFIII: Makoto, Elena
    SFIV: Makoto, Juri, Cody
    SFV: R.Mika, Juri, Bison

Follow my news twitter https://twitter.com/JustVineNews
  • JibbJibb Joined: Posts: 52

Here's a video of Justin playing Mika. He seems to be pressing every button and spamming charged heavy kicks. I'm not sure how safe or viable his strategy is but it looks fun.
    Jibb wrote: »

Here's a video of Justin playing Mika. He seems to be pressing every button and spamming charged heavy kicks. I'm not sure how safe or viable his strategy is but it looks fun.

Evidently trying to play her like Chun Li. Last I checked Shooting Peach =/= Lightning legs >_>;

Jibb wrote: »

Nice! He is pretty good with Chun, Karin and Mika. He wasn't so great with Laura his first couple of tries. I really like his charged s. hk on meaty wake up. And he makes excellent use of s. lk. Floe was pretty good with Laura too. Thanks for posting. Will add to my playlist later :)
    Bring back Sakura.
  • RaccoonRaccoon Joined: Posts: 38
    edited February 2016
    https://www.facebook.com/SkyeTheBard/videos/10156482626995697/

That's a combo I did off her target combo. A bit resource heavy (V-Trigger + 1 Bar), but it looks cool.

R. Mika is pretty great, and deals good damage off any and all of her hit confirms, particularly those that use her F.MP throw combos.
    Post edited by Raccoon on
  • tra`tra` immaculate villain Joined: Posts: 119
    Raccoon wrote: »
    https://facebook.com/SkyeTheBard/videos/10156481205950697/

That's a combo I did off her target combo. A bit resource heavy (V-Trigger + 1 Bar), but it looks cool.

R. Mika is pretty great, and deals good damage off any and all of her hit confirms, particularly those that use her F.MP throw combos.

nice, i would probably use shooting peach instead of wingless airplane just for corner carry though.

• RaccoonRaccoon Joined: Posts: 38
    That's always an option, for sure (same with any of her F.MP combos :3 ).
    Here are a few matches I won against one of my battling buds. Don't be deceived by the video though. Overall he beat me pretty soundly.

Bring back Sakura.
  • SlizzardSlizzard Joined: Posts: 1,402
    edited February 2016
    edit
    Post edited by Slizzard on
  • BeckBeck Joined: Posts: 43
    Checkout the twitch archive from last night for Daigothebeastv.

He got all the SF Japanese gods together to play SFV. At least 2 of them are maining Mika and some top level play going on.
  • Hero_PandaHero_Panda Joined: Posts: 555
    How are you guys uploading your matches? I'd love to upload mine for some critique and pointers.
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,221
    Some of my matches from RESE yesterday
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
    Hero_Panda wrote: »
    How are you guys uploading your matches? I'd love to upload mine for some critique and pointers.
    If you are on PS4 press the share button. Or you can save the video and edit it before uploading. You can even copy it to a USB device and edit on your computer.
    abkallday wrote: »
    Karin can be a real bish sometimes.
    Bring back Sakura.
  • DARKHOKAGEDARKHOKAGE BABY VIPAH!!! Joined: Posts: 546
    Someone recorded one of my tournament matches. Feedback strongly welcomed.

...fingered a chick for the first time? Rookie. I was doing that shit back in '99. Bitches knew me as The FANGERAH! I could finger a bitch all day. ALL DAY son. -Shade
    Brawl Code: 2750-0756-9483
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,221
    Hero_Panda wrote: »
    If you are on PS4 press the share button. Or you can save the video and edit it before uploading. You can even copy it to a USB device and edit on your computer.
    abkallday wrote: »
    Karin can be a real bish sometimes.

Noone really plays her online so I had like zero match up experience
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
  • BashBash Joined: Posts: 13
    Beck wrote: »
    Checkout the twitch archive from last night for Daigothebeastv.

He got all the SF Japanese gods together to play SFV. At least 2 of them are maining Mika and some top level play going on.

Link to the 5hr30m VOD
    edited February 2016
    Necalli activated RQ-trigger on me.

My grappling bud uploaded two fights of his Karin kicking my ass.
    Bring back Sakura.
    Necalli activated RQ-trigger on me.

My grappling bud uploaded two fights of his Karin kicking my ass.

You have really good footsies and you seem to be fairly comfortable with her combos. I really appreciated your Necalli match as I haven't yet figured out myself how to use her V-Reversal. I am curious though as to if you have trouble with linking her standing medium punch into passion press? You seem to miss the opportunity a lot even though you land the confirm .

I noted also, that against Karin you try to play footsies and safe pokes at the very beginning. This is a mistake I've seen in other peoples videos as well. If you /start/ with that you don't get to condition them to fear something, they will just go full defense as your friend did, and since Mika doesn't have buttons that are 'winners' generally this is slightly negative for you. I don't want to make it seem like you shouldn't try to play footsies at all or say that safe pokes are bad. Just that it seemed like in your Karin match you went straight to that instead of trying to set up conditioning.

If I compare these two videos you posted, it becomes even clearer. Against that Necalli you basically weren't afraid at all and made sure that they were too scared to use dive kick due to your strong anti air game. This let you basically tear them apart with your strong footsies since you didn't have to worry about that and could focus on damage dealing combos.

For Karin, I tend to find Wingless and ex Peach are very useful in terms of keeping her offense in check, so towards the beginning you should probably try to lure out her Mujinkyaku and Ressenha so you can punish them. You also should maybe try to focus your training on escaping corners as you seem to struggle with that from what I've seen in your other vids.

Hope this helps you out. I am looking forward to seeing more of your matches. I like watching you play.

You have really good footsies and you seem to be fairly comfortable with her combos. I really appreciated your Necalli match as I haven't yet figured out myself how to use her V-Reversal. I am curious though as to if you have trouble with linking her standing medium punch into passion press? You seem to miss the opportunity a lot even though you land the confirm .

I noted also, that against Karin you try to play footsies and safe pokes at the very beginning. This is a mistake I've seen in other peoples videos as well. If you /start/ with that you don't get to condition them to fear something, they will just go full defense as your friend did, and since Mika doesn't have buttons that are 'winners' generally this is slightly negative for you. I don't want to make it seem like you shouldn't try to play footsies at all or say that safe pokes are bad. Just that it seemed like in your Karin match you went straight to that instead of trying to set up conditioning.

If I compare these two videos you posted, it becomes even clearer. Against that Necalli you basically weren't afraid at all and made sure that they were too scared to use dive kick due to your strong anti air game. This let you basically tear them apart with your strong footsies since you didn't have to worry about that and could focus on damage dealing combos.

For Karin, I tend to find Wingless and ex Peach are very useful in terms of keeping her offense in check, so towards the beginning you should probably try to lure out her Mujinkyaku and Ressenha so you can punish them. You also should maybe try to focus your training on escaping corners as you seem to struggle with that from what I've seen in your other vids.

Hope this helps you out. I am looking forward to seeing more of your matches. I like watching you play.

Hey thanks for the tips! Yes I'm not able to do rope thow on hit confirm from the passion press yet. I'll try to work on those other pointers too.

Here are some mirror matches and ragequits.

Mirror Matches

Ragequits

Bring back Sakura.
    A combo video I created recently. R. Mika's definitely the most fun character to find combos for because of her extremly versitile V-Trigger
    [

Dude that was sick!
    Bring back Sakura.
  • 6ix6ix Joined: Posts: 27
    edited February 2016
    SnowBunnyMika... lmao you're the real mvp for that name
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,527
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
    Thats some great Mika play there Dark!
    I've been struggling in Ranked mode to even reach Ultra Bronze. So I reached out to the top ranked R. Mika and he offered me a few games! This is how it went.

Bring back Sakura.
  • BlackalphaBlackalpha Stay Hungry Joined: Posts: 226
    I've been struggling in Ranked mode to even reach Ultra Bronze. So I reached out to the top ranked R. Mika and he offered me a few games! This is how it went.

No offense, but how did this guy get so high? I watched 2 matches and all I saw was like 4 body splashes unpunished, insane amount of jumping and charged HKs; all of these options highly punishable. Was the match laggy? Man I wish I had more time to play ranked, getting to 7000 would be a cinch if this is all you have to do.
    Blackalpha wrote: »

No offense, but how did this guy get so high? I watched 2 matches and all I saw was like 4 body splashes unpunished, insane amount of jumping and charged HKs; all of these options highly punishable. Was the match laggy? Man I wish I had more time to play ranked, getting to 7000 would be a cinch if this is all you have to do.
    Well he wanted to see how I play. I don't think he was trying his best. We played in Battle Lounge so he was probably just goofing around. The connection was perfect.

I'll upload some of his ranked matches soon.

Bring back Sakura.
  • BlackalphaBlackalpha Stay Hungry Joined: Posts: 226
    DARKHOKAGE wrote: »
    ebar claw is a rage quitter.. got confirmed on twitter by arturo and various other people.. video footage as well. fraud ass mika lol

I knew something was fishy about his play, good investigative work man. You the real MVP
  • S-LaughterS-Laughter Joined: Posts: 345
    Dark Hokage looks like a beast when he plays, I'm jelly. Fierce matches.
    < SF5 - Steam zentooshi - CFN Shosuko - PS4 S-Laughter - CFN Rainbo-nana-Mika >
    edited February 2016
    Everybody is ragequitting now. In the sfv general discussion thread somebody linked twitter posts about wolfkrone repeatedly ragequitting. I've been quitted on a bunch of times in Bronze league and I hear its far more rampant in Silver and Gold league. It wouldn't surprise me if top players are just doing it to get their own back as vengeance. I'm pretty sure none of the top players care about the points.

Edit:
    Neclord wrote: »
    flytuzl.jpg

flrid9uh4.jpg

riymu3m.jpg

:bee:

Bring back Sakura.
  • htenghteng Joined: Posts: 55
    those dark hokage matches are very good study material, really like that V trigger setup.
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,527
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • J is JusiceJ is Jusice Spelt my name wrong. Joined: Posts: 232
    Everybody is ragequitting now. In the sfv general discussion thread somebody linked twitter posts about wolfkrone repeatedly ragequitting. I've been quitted on a bunch of times in Bronze league and I hear its far more rampant in Silver and Gold league. It wouldn't surprise me if top players are just doing it to get their own back as vengeance. I'm pretty sure none of the top players care about the points.

Edit:
    Neclord wrote: »
    flytuzl.jpg

flrid9uh4.jpg

riymu3m.jpg

:bee:

He used to do it in IV, I believe.
    SFV: F.A.N.G., Karin.

T7: Yoshimitsu, Xiaoyu, Lucky Chloe, Josie (ugh).
  • BartStationBartStation Only 1 shade of Grey. Joined: Posts: 2,264
    Watch some of Pavo's matches from Showdown GG's CTB tournament.
    Wu-Tang taught me 3 things: protect my neck, watch my step, and they ain't nothing to F with.
    SRKSale / TWITCH
    Thought I'd start uploading replays of the higher ranked R. Mika players every now and then. Here's the first batch.

Bring back Sakura.