Necalli Match-Ups Thread: Devour Strong Souls

NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Does not like SJWs or the alt rightJoined: Posts: 6,001
edited February 2016 in Necalli
Matchup info coming soon

As confirmed techniques start coming out I will add it to the O.P.

If someone posts something that is really good, tag or pm me and I will update the OP

Birdie
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Cammy
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Chun Li
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Dhalsim
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

F.A.N.G
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Karin
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Ken
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Laura
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

M. Bison
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Nash
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

R. Mika
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Rashid
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Ryu
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Vega
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Zangief
Far Away
Normal

VTrigger

MidRange
Normal

VTrigger

Close
Normal

VTrigger

Necalli's Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Opponents Wakeup
Normal

VTrigger

Punishes
Normal

VTrigger

Post edited by jchensor on
Northeast PA
570 Necro

Comments

• xXUltimacloudXxxXUltimacloudXx Joined: Posts: 368
    edited February 2016
    ill supply my list for match up's imo and well see how close it ends up to the list as you gather info and post it into the original post above mine here hopefully.

Birdie 4-6 ( in Birdies Favor ) ( Very strong normal's make it hard for Necalli to get in. Once in its very easy to get pushed out. Jumping in on him is ill advised as his CR MP stuffs literally everything or trades at best. One good hit from him such as ST MP to DASH PUNCH is basically equal to you doing your entire combo. He has as high of damage as you and has better normal's and zoning.

Chun Li 4-6 ( In Chun Li's Favor ) Chun Li benefits from a lot of the same reasons of why Birdie is a bad match up she has better tools at range and makes it very difficult for Necalli to get his pressure started. As long as she is not playing an aggressive game getting your pressure will be difficult.

Nash 4-6 ( In Nash's Favor ) Nash will zone you very effectively and look for his crush counter off his FP. His V-trigger will pester you throughout the match as he has it far too often for escapes and punishes. Once your in try to get every inch of damage you possibly can without getting pushed out. His plethora of anti airs will keep you grounded and playing his game. V-reversal becomes more viable in this match up as knocking him down in any means necessary will allow you to pressure him. Beware of jumping his sonic booms when he has CRITICAL ART.

Zangeif 4-6 ( In Zangeif's Favor ) This match is a nightmare opening up Zangeif requires very good timing and use of V-skill. Basically this is the main match where V-skill determines how this fight goes. your frame traps are effective at blowing up his SPD attempts at close range. Beware however if you attempt to frame trap with CR MP , CR MP often he will EX RUNNING BEAR GRAB you which will armor the 2nd CR MP and punish you unless you see if and confirm that 2nd hit into a DP.

Necalli 5-5 ( Even ) Mirror match.

Karin 5-5 ( Even ) Karin has better footsie tools and a strong mix up / frame trap game in mid and close range. However her wake up game and V-reversal are very weak with her V-reversal forcing you to block at best and her wake up being forced to commit to EX DP to escape your pressure. Command grabs / normal throws after conditioning her with frame traps will make or break you here.

M Bison 5-5 ( Even ) ( Each character has their strong and weak points. Bison's gimmicks and dashes keep Necalli on his toes. Necalli's jumpin's are
    very useful in this match up. They tend to trade pressure a lot with Bison tending to be on the defensive more often then Necalli due to his jumpin's being more effective due to the ranges Bison pokes at.

Ryu 5-5 ( Even ) Ryu's ST MP , ST MP is to be respected here as pressing a button and getting counter hit will dish out the pain very fast. Play a footsie game here and look for a stray counter hit CR MP into your DASH PUNCH to get in and apply pressure. Or jump a badly timed fireball. Forcing yourself to get in here will not work in your favor. Patience and punishing his fireballs or whiffs is key to victory in this particular match.

Vega 6-4 ( In Necalli's Favor ) Necalli finds an easier time to get in here and can apply his pressure very well. Vega finds it hard to poke through your pressure and has a weak wake up game. Your damage and stun ability is very scary to Vega due to his extremely low stun which is lowest in the game if I recall correctly. One missed far fierce punch with claw on will allow you to jump in or counter hit and start your pressure.

Cammy 6-4 ( In Necalli's Favor ) It is difficult for Cammy to make you fear her pressure here. You tend to trading blows often with her more trying to tick throw you due to not really having much in the way of opening you up. Only when she V-triggers do you really begin to feel threatened by her. Be careful of her V-reversal here as its very hard to counter.

Laura 6-4 ( In Necalli's Favor ) Necalli's pokes actually keep her out in this match up. Mid range is actually useful to you in this match up frustrating her into bad jumps should be used in this match up. Beware of the super armor on her EX COMMAND THROW. V-skill her when she attempts to V-skill herself.

R Mika 6-4 ( In Necalli's Favor ) Her wonky normal's will throw you off at first but as you get used to them you will be able to punish her easily and apply your pressure. Use your ST HK to keep her at bay and look for bad jumpin's to punish. Corner carry her as much as you can and avoid being outside of your footsie range as that's her dropkick range.

F.A.N.G 0-0 ( ??? ) Not enough experience to give my opinion of this match up currently.

Ken 0-0 ( ??? ) Not enough experience to give my opinion of this match up currently.

Rashid 0-0 ( ??? ) Not enough experience to give my opinion of this match up currently.

Dhalsim 0-0 ( ??? ) Not enough experience to give my opinion of this match up currently.
    ''People in Windsor are the most retardest bunch of assholes I've ever seen'' - Uber_Johnson
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Does not like SJWs or the alt right Joined: Posts: 6,001
    Format update.

I want this to be readable, so before matchup info gets put in, lets discuss how the OP will look so we get that 100% before getting too deep
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Does not like SJWs or the alt right Joined: Posts: 6,001
    I plan on adding defensive and offensive strategies to each range, depending on what you're trying to do. Does that sound good?

I also think there should be a section discussing move properties for each opponent so nobody is left in the dark on that, but if thats something you want, supply it. Im gonna need help getting this all together.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,516
    Chun definitely seemed rough for Necalli every time I fought her.

I didn't find Gief to be much of a threat with Necalli though. I fought quite a few Giefs, both good and bad, and didn't struggle.
    CFN: RammaCricket
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
  • entrerixentrerix legendary buster wolf Joined: Posts: 1,305

uhhhh isn't it like 3 months too early to start throwing out which matchups are favorable or not? going even with ryu because you can jump over a badly thrown fireball?? Every character can jump over stupid fireballs that shit doesn't belong in a matchup breakdown. lets not make srk more like eventhubs than it already is
    snip.

i don't mean to disrespect you directly, your combo vid was great and im sure you've got good intentions here but this is just like waaaaaay too premature.
    mains: Al Rashid, Zarak, Vertigo, MidKnight
    alts: Ragnar Bloodaxe, Jen-Tai, Talon, R.A.X.
    I'm going to have to agree. We know nothing.

This is why the O.P is focused on ranges, because we can at least know that stuff
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • ExiiLeExiiLe Ever Improving Joined: Posts: 331
    I'm having alot of trouble vs R. Mike for it to be 6-4
    what
  • LokiramzaLokiramza Joined: Posts: 37
    Chun, Karin and Vega have been by far the roughest matchups so far. As long as you do not let her get her mixup game started Necalli runs roughshod over laura.

Its hard to get in on birdie but once your there its pretty easy to stick, We can also punish can really hard which a lot of others have trouble with.

Dictator is a very fun matchup. The footsies are intense, So far in my experience whoever establishes air dominance controls the match. use V-Skill very sparingly and carefully as he can punish it with stomp unless full screen in which case you can block.

Not enough Giefs for me to put forth a solid opinion.

So far Rashid has been either an absolute nightmare or a joke depending on the player.
    edited February 2016
    Personally, I think Necalli beats Chun Li, and most other good chuns I know agree. Its just opinion though as the game is still really new

She has to be mid range but she doesnt automatically win there and she cant keep up with the damage.

Vtrigger necalli gets more out of footsies than she does.

The only thing scary about Karin is a perfectly spaced sweep.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • Mike RobertsonMike Robertson Joined: Posts: 942
    I honestly cant say I have even played against a matchup i thought was bad yet. the only game i got really smoked was against Zaferino's Karin. I'd have to run a set against someone who runs like 10-0 against me before i can say a match is bad.
    STEAM: OG_Rawbertson (CFN: OG_Rawbertson)
    PSN: OG_Rawbertson (CFN: Rawbertson)
    Honda / Birdie
    edited February 2016
    I was not trying to imply that the matchups were horrible, Just that they were in my experience the hardest comparatively. As for Karin be mindful of her Ressenha as she can punish V-skill from multiple ranges on reaction.

• ExiiLeExiiLe Ever Improving Joined: Posts: 331
    Any more in depth advice on the vs Cammy matchup? When fighting good ones I tend to have trouble dealing with the pressure and she gets more out of the mid/close ranged poke game it seems.
    what
  • DubownerDubowner Joined: Posts: 23
    Pretty sure Necalli vs Karin is def 6-4 in Necalli's favor
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2016
    Dubowner wrote: »

please explain, I feel its the complete opposite.

karin outfootsies him due to her faster and longer reaching normals. I'm sure she walks faster too unless hes in V trigger.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    Ouroborus wrote: »
    Dubowner wrote: »

please explain, I feel its the complete opposite.

karin outfootsies him due to her faster and longer reaching normals. I'm sure she walks faster too unless hes in V trigger.

I probably have played hundreds of Karin vs Necalli matches because it just happens to be my main vs my best friend's main. Necalli's St. HK is the ANSWER to Karin's pokes and footsie game. The Karins that throw an abundance of St Mks, St Mps, Cr Mks, and St HKs will always lose to Necalli's St HK counter poke. And that St HK just happens to be a Crush counter move too that will convert to like 6 billion damage. Necalli has better anti airs too. Typically no one should be able to jump in on him if you play him like a rock. Basically Necalli's game plan is almost exactly the same as Karin's game plan. Except Necalli is deadlier in your face. I dare even say that the match turns into 6.5 and 3.5 in Necalli's favor when he activates V Trigger. His dashes are too long and too fast. And what Necrotrophic said is right. The only thing scary about this match up for Necalli is a perfectly placed sweep. Necalli has more health, better footsies, and out damages Karin by a huge margin. Birdie and Necalli are by far Karin's worst matchups.
    doesnt karins sweep out ranges his standing hk? i dont think necalli can even punish her blocked sweep from mid to max distance maybe aside from super.

That's why I said that the only thing scary about the matchup for Necalli was Karin's perfectly placed sweep. Read it again, I didn't say St HK beats her sweep.
    And that sweep is a game changer in this matchup. This is why I said that Karin outfootsies Necalli. Up close, she has faster, farther and more frame + normals vs his. From farther away, her sweep destroys his standing hk. Not only is hers faster, it also outreaches his hk. It might not lead to a crush counter combo, but it leads to a knockdown.

• KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,731
    Karins anti airs seem kind of lacking, jumping at her from sweep range might be the answer.
    edited February 2016
    Necalli seems quite unpopular which is odd because he is quite fantastic. I rarely enter a mirror match online and he seems to place very low to dead last in who are you maining polls across the web.

I realize this is not 100% on topic but the lack of mirror match experience is somewhat relevant.

our standing LP is quite possibly our most effective tool vs Nash. His moonsault is safe on block but if you react fast enough you can jab him out of his startup and establish pressure. Having a 3 frame LP with a solid hitbox gives us a tool that quite a few characters lack in that matchup.

• NykahriiNykahrii Joined: Posts: 20
    I definitely have the greatest challenge when facing Nash.

His projectiles cause me to hesitate often at the start of the match and I am very wary of jumping due Moonsault Slash and Sonic Scythe. Up-close his throw range seems slightly more than Necalli's so I'm tempting often to mash more buttons than I need to.

In general, I find that Nash draws a significantly high read requirement out of me which causes me to be more cautious and technical than most other matchups.
    Agreed on Nash being trouble. He is don't jump the character, your are not safe anywhere in the air as his toolset covers just about every approach. He can also Sonic then punish V-skill with moonsault all but removing that as an option outside of combo.
  • Mike RobertsonMike Robertson Joined: Posts: 942
    I felt like Karin vs Necalli was pretty even. She has some cheap shit but its nothing that feels too overwhelming like some stuff ive seen in SF4. You have to have a really good defense with Necalli because typically i am finding against any character there are very specific ranges you need to be in to fight. You just get completely destroyed if you aren't. Gotta learn to block, tech, and escape because 1 whiffed DP usually will cost your life lead.

So I am a Honda player in SF4 and I used to use EX Headbutt all day, I love reversals. I am quite good at placing them but the punishment for guessing wrong is far worse (aside from the few characters than can punish with Ultra in SF4) for the entire cast across the board. I am finding the really good players are very good at baiting the DPs so it is very hard to resist the urge to DP people! Feels amazing to be able to dash across the screen so quickly and DP someone in the air though, especially in V Trigger.
    STEAM: OG_Rawbertson (CFN: OG_Rawbertson)
    PSN: OG_Rawbertson (CFN: Rawbertson)
    Honda / Birdie
    you can occasionally stuff nash anti airs with jf.hp
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • TheKillerKiwiTheKillerKiwi Joined: Posts: 256
    edited February 2016
    Count me in on the Nash problem. Nash has pretty amazing buttons with good range, making mid range very frustrating and something that should be avoided. I even have trouble when I finally get him to the corner because his V-Skill and Trigger allow him to escape rather easily. I would imagine Nash gives quite a lot of characters trouble based on everything he can do, but yeah, I'm having a hard time against him with Necalli.
    I felt like Karin vs Necalli was pretty even. She has some cheap shit but its nothing that feels too overwhelming like some stuff ive seen in SF4. You have to have a really good defense with Necalli because typically i am finding against any character there are very specific ranges you need to be in to fight. You just get completely destroyed if you aren't. Gotta learn to block, tech, and escape because 1 whiffed DP usually will cost your life lead.
    Agreeing with this. So far it seems like you need to have your defence on point if you want to play Necalli.
    Yun player since AE.
    I definitely thought Nash was an issue. But not a big one.

Karin out footsies necalli hard, and her mixups are terrible. You need to find your opening vs her and go ham it seems
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • DaBakerMannDaBakerMann SHAKE N BAKE! Joined: Posts: 298
    Cammys footsies are giving me a really hard time especially her standing medium kick. Anyone have an idea how to approach cammy?
    BACKBREAKER!
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,731
    Need to react to standing medium with standing hard kick and convert off the crush counter damage to discourage buttons.
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,516
    I honestly cant say I have even played against a matchup i thought was bad yet. the only game i got really smoked was against Zaferino's Karin. I'd have to run a set against someone who runs like 10-0 against me before i can say a match is bad.

I have had some difficulty vs Chun. How are you handling her?
    CFN: RammaCricket
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
    rtsd
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,891
    Ramma wrote: »

Chun is also kicking my ass. You have to use st.mp against her almost exclusively and it doesn't convert well. Mixing up your jump timings with the divekick serves me well though, as she has to be on point with her anti-airs.
  • TheDewMan32TheDewMan32 Joined: Posts: 89
    Muttonman wrote: »
    Ramma wrote: »

Chun is also kicking my ass. You have to use st.mp against her almost exclusively and it doesn't convert well. Mixing up your jump timings with the divekick serves me well though, as she has to be on point with her anti-airs.

I do divekicks with varying timing and fish for sweeps to get pressure going. Sadly divekick doesn't easily combo to a knockdown. If I score a CC sweep I'll do immediate dash up, cr. lk, neutral jump hp to safejump ex bird and then you're in. I try to save super in that match since super is fantastic for going through fireballs and can stop that pesky neutral jumping. Its also nice to have it stocked and ready to combo into, since you gotta make every hit you get against Chun count.
  • littlegoddemonlittlegoddemon Joined: Posts: 13
    These are the characters I'm having the most trouble against:
    Turtling backdash happy ryus
    Turtling Kens
    Turtling Bison
    Turtling Nash
    Nash in general
    Karin
    Chun
    Vega
    Bison
    Birdie
    Nash

Karin's stand MK and cr.mp body counters anything Necalli tries to do. You've gotta just block and hope the Karin messes up their pressure that way you can punish and get the knockdown. Once you get the knockdown it gets a bit easier to deal her because she needs meter to get you off of her.

Nash is a wall. Can't jump, can't counter poke, can't slash through booms cuz he'll just backdash and punish your whiffed slash, difficult to get him off you.

Chun out pokes everything. Necalli's normals can't reach her. She can whiff or throw out a blocked sweep and Necalli can't punish it. Cr.mk, st.mk, f.mp all body Necalli's footsies. Match becomes bearable if you can get a knockdown and bait the ex sbk if she has meter. Divekicks can help by screwing up anti air timing.

Basically if all the characters I listed turtle the almost nothing Necalli can do. How can we open up turtles?
    vs Ryu:

I think Necalli bodies Ryu. Maybe bodying Ryu is too strong of a term, but Necalli does really well in this match up.

You can negate Ryus fireball game with his v-skill. You can also discourage him with disc guidance. Necalli outfootsies Ryu and Ryu has to respect his standing HK.

Air to air, it feels like Necalli wins also.

• TheDewMan32TheDewMan32 Joined: Posts: 89
    Against those characters with really strong normals you really want to get V-Trigger active as soon as possible to have any hope of playing footsies with them. Once you have V-Trigger your whiff punish ability gets so much better. You have access to standing strong and low forward buffered into MP disc. Not to mention your dash. In V-Trigger dash up buttons or dash up command grab is REALLY good.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,891
    These are the characters I'm having the most trouble against:
    Turtling backdash happy ryus
    Turtling Kens
    Turtling Bison
    Turtling Nash
    Nash in general
    Karin
    Chun
    Vega
    Bison
    Birdie
    Nash

Karin's stand MK and cr.mp body counters anything Necalli tries to do. You've gotta just block and hope the Karin messes up their pressure that way you can punish and get the knockdown. Once you get the knockdown it gets a bit easier to deal her because she needs meter to get you off of her.

Nash is a wall. Can't jump, can't counter poke, can't slash through booms cuz he'll just backdash and punish your whiffed slash, difficult to get him off you.

Chun out pokes everything. Necalli's normals can't reach her. She can whiff or throw out a blocked sweep and Necalli can't punish it. Cr.mk, st.mk, f.mp all body Necalli's footsies. Match becomes bearable if you can get a knockdown and bait the ex sbk if she has meter. Divekicks can help by screwing up anti air timing.

Basically if all the characters I listed turtle the almost nothing Necalli can do. How can we open up turtles?

Doesn't sound like you're having an issue with turtles but with footsies. Necalli's footsies are weak, you have to be using your st.hk at a far distance and your st.mp when you're closer in. St.mp will beat a lot of pokes due to its hitbox (basically anything that doesn't low profile honestly), although converting without VT can be tough. You can also use cr.mk, but it's a lot more risky as it's slower and there's a plethora of anti-low poke moves in the game. Whiff punish with your sweep if you don't have charge. Your sweep is really freaking good, although you don't want to put it where it'll get blocked.

Basics against Nash: Your st.hk is better than his long range pokes. Your up close game is better than his. He has a fireball he can walk behind; don't let him get it out or you're eating pressure. Do not be afraid to just hold charge in neutral. If you see him Moonsault or jump under cover of a Boom, DP him. You can also go air to air with a j.mp. Do not let him pressure you with Booms!

You can punish pretty much any Karin sweep with a st.hk.

Walk Bison to the corner. It's a good idea to stay right outside his cr.mk range and force him to either do special moves (which require charge) as pokes or his st.mk. You can beat his st.mk with st.mp. You can whiff punish Blasts with st.hk. Blocked SKs give you frame advatange. Don't use cr.mk too heavily, it loses to his st.mk. Do not try and neutral jump his projectile or jump over it early.

You have better footsies than Ken. Punish his fireballs, DP his jumps, and rush him down. At range your st.hk beats all his buttons. Up close you really just have to worry about his DP when you're on offense. React to his Run with a jab, know that his b.mp is -2, and that after a st.mp if you're out of his sweep range you can do a st.hk and beat anything safe he presses.

Not enough Birdies to give advice on, and I'll get back to you when I have an idea about beating the other three. I'm using a lot of divekicks against them to screw up anti-air timing as they tend to need to be on point with them.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    After playing a lot of the Necalli vs Karin matchup last night, I definitely feel its in Karins favor. You're just not going to be able to outpoke her. S.HK loses to sweep, and the sweep doesnt seem punishable at the range she wants to do it, and so you're forced to get in, get a knockdown, and then basically deal with reversal EX DP or her crazy throw range. I feel like I just dont have the advantage when I do score a knockdown. I guess I'll need to learn some safe setups and frame traps.

We spent most of the match at the range where Karins sweep hits me but s.HK doesnt, and then if I get closer Im getting c.mk into combod. S.MP is a key button because it wins a lot of the poke wars. But I really felt lost how to actually close and keep the pressure on.

Was theorizing that at the range where I'm just out of her Sweep, maybe v skill for knockdowns is what the gameplan is, to allow me to get in on her.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Now that I think of it, I rarely use st.mp in footsies. I always go for either cr.mp or cr.mk. I always thought his st.hk or sweep was useless cuz I always got punished for using them, but I realize now I wasn't using them at the right ranges.
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    After playing a lot of the Necalli vs Karin matchup last night, I definitely feel its in Karins favor. You're just not going to be able to outpoke her. S.HK loses to sweep, and the sweep doesnt seem punishable at the range she wants to do it, and so you're forced to get in, get a knockdown, and then basically deal with reversal EX DP or her crazy throw range. I feel like I just dont have the advantage when I do score a knockdown. I guess I'll need to learn some safe setups and frame traps.

We spent most of the match at the range where Karins sweep hits me but s.HK doesnt, and then if I get closer Im getting c.mk into combod. S.MP is a key button because it wins a lot of the poke wars. But I really felt lost how to actually close and keep the pressure on.

Was theorizing that at the range where I'm just out of her Sweep, maybe v skill for knockdowns is what the gameplan is, to allow me to get in on her.

Karin can just walk up and do whatever she wants to Necalli. None of her pokes can be whiff punished by Necalli. You just have to get a knockdown sometimes. Karins really love to press buttoms constantly, so I just dp, dash up, and apply pressure. Once you get in on Karin it's an easier matchup. Getting in is the difficult part imo.
  • McFangMcFang Joined: Posts: 9
    edited February 2016
    I avoid challenging Karin's cr.MK since it cancels to all her shit but I do challenge the st.MK. Her overhead kick normal so safe you can just push her away with jabs afterwards..
    Her VS is also safe when charged but the quick one I usually command grab or throw in the target combo, st.MK is quite nice against her up close too.
    I just trained blocking her mixup specials because their the only thing you can punish
    Here are some tips
    Ressenha, block the first part then crouch so you block the slidekick and stay under the jumpgrab
    If she slidekicks you can throw, cr.HP combo, Target combo, jump and land a deep j.MK
    If she does the jumpgrab, you can throw her, LP or EX Grab(the other work to, but to be safe), target combo(since she has her back turned normal combos are wonky)
    The Tenko with uppercut blocked is an easy commandthrow (LP, EX), target combo or cr.MP into LK Stomp (maybe for CA?)
    Mujinyaku(Annoying kicks) is difficult since the start of the LK is identical to the MK, I gamble big time on this one because if it's a LK it's not much damage. If the does the MK you can wreck her.
    LK version on block is just a target combo or EX Grab
    MK version on block is also not much, cr.MP xx LP Slash or cr.MP > st.HK for a CC Fisher
    Stuff you can do mid animation of the MK version
    EX Grab / DP
    st.MK > st.HK CC Fisher or you mash out the target combo of those moves, the st.HK whiffs but you will get a free Command Grab
    Best way to do it though is you just jump out of it, she has no way of block when you come back down so you can j.LP/LK into Command Grab, j.HP into target combo or j.HP > cr.HP Combo(Even better with the VT loaded, huge punish)
    The HK version you can target combo or EX Grab after blocking or cr.MP > st.HK because CC Fishing is a nice hobby
    Her V-Trigger is hell but just practice blocking it
    qcfP > P = Target combo, EX Grab or Sweep
    qcfP > d.P = she usually never stops at this part but even if she moves towards the follow ups you can throw her out of it, however she might do the P follow up and then you get hit
    all of the other followups you pretty much only can hit after block with the target combo, LP/EX Grabs or throws.

Atleast we get alot of V-meter fighting her
    PSN: fangtooth
    SFV: fangtooth