F.A.N.G. Video Thread

jchensorjchensor Salty ChenJoined: Posts: 1,934 admin
edited March 2016 in F.A.N.G
Want to see some good examples of top players using F.A.N.G.? Want to post your own matches for critique and advice from fellow Forum members? This is the thread for you.

=== NOTE: If you want to become the OP for this thread so you can maintain the top post to aggregate the thread's information here, contact me via the SRK messaging system and I will be able to convert you to become the OP for this thread. ===
Post edited by jchensor on
http://jchensor.blogspot.com

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

(AV art obtained from here: http://meatbun.us/blog/?p=162)

Comments

• OmniusOmnius Joined: Posts: 105
    I had a good one versus I'm Still Da Daddy

I've not go the hang of Senpukuga (coward crouch) yet but I'm trying to incorporate it into my game.

He backed off when I guess he should of gone in. He was waiting to hit me with the CA so I just hung back. Usually they teleport in but I guess he wanted to save his V-Trigger for damage.
    Friends don't let friends Sagat.
  • MikeandIke12MikeandIke12 Average player. Joined: Posts: 36
    here you go. Nice V Trigger into CA Combo with a nice J HK after Super too
  • RhyllisRhyllis That one Gen player. Joined: Posts: 133

Match against an R. Mika player. Main reason I wanted to upload it is because the coward crouch is particularly useful against her. c.HP does not work well vs her Drop Kick move, but..
    YouTube: youtube.com/user/RhyllisLive
    SF V: F.A.N.G
    BlazBlue CP: Bullet
    SF IV: Gen
    SF X T: Xiaoyu, Asuka
    MvC3: Doom, Strider, Hsien-Ko, Phoenix Wright, Haggar
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,291
    Nice! Next time I play I plan to make heavy use of coward crouch and the DP slide in anti air situations and experiment. St. MK is a situational button, but I really like it. If you find the right spot it's another good anti air option.
  • J is JusiceJ is Jusice Spelt my name wrong. Joined: Posts: 232

Just a match with my FANG. I'm finding Karin tough to deal with.
    SFV: F.A.N.G., Karin.

T7: Yoshimitsu, Xiaoyu, Lucky Chloe, Josie (ugh).
  • ultimate faustultimate faust call me holyjoey... Joined: Posts: 1,769
    you seemed to do just fine besides bad spacing and whiffed punishes. besides that it looked fine.
    in my opinion i almost never use his sweep. theres no reason to ever be risky and use it even if you know its going to hit. max range st. mp; karin really cant do much about, and it hits her out of jumping alot of times.
    no signature here.
    edited February 2016

I noticed Infiltration played Fang in a ranked match, but it wouldn't let me watch the replay. :(

Edit:

Here it is:

Post edited by J is Jusice on

• ChocobunyChocobuny Joined: Posts: 1,096
    I found(?) a pretty impractical combo with Fang while messing around in training mode:

• ShaynetShaynet Joined: Posts: 117
    How do I post videos on here?
    Just copy and paste the link to the video. All the ones you're seeing are probably hosted on YouTube.
  • ShaynetShaynet Joined: Posts: 117
    edited February 2016
    Have y'all seen this before?

With the input leniency looks like we have charge partitioning
    Post edited by Shaynet on
  • OmniusOmnius Joined: Posts: 105
    I played two good games against a Bison with a 54 game win streak,I didn't play it perfectly but there is some stuff in there for people who feel like it's impossible.

Friends don't let friends Sagat.
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,291
    Shaynet wrote: »
    Have y'all seen this before?

With the input leniency looks like we have charge partitioning

!!!!! Thanks for posting this.
    Omnius wrote: »
    I played two good games against a Bison with a 54 game win streak,I didn't play it perfectly but there is some stuff in there for people who feel like it's impossible.

Using the dash to avoid the head stomp is a really good idea. I keep trying to cr hp it, but sometimes I just trade or even lose.

Posted in the tech thread but I'll repost here just incase, how to OS lk dash after a crush counter hp:

• b1tb1t Joined: Posts: 20
    Chocobuny wrote: »
    Posted in the tech thread but I'll repost here just incase, how to OS lk dash after a crush counter hp:

How does that work?! Wierd!
  • HaggarmaniaHaggarmania Joined: Posts: 84
    I can't seem to get that option select to work for me, is there some other trick to it? While having counters off, the dash still comes out. I turned on the key display, and when I get the inputs correct, it still doesn't work for me.
    I can't seem to get that option select to work for me, is there some other trick to it? While having counters off, the dash still comes out. I turned on the key display, and when I get the inputs correct, it still doesn't work for me.

There is a timing to it. If the dash still comes out, you are probably inputting it too quick. It's more about wasting time than getting the timing perfect, you are trying to cancel the lk dash as late as you can. I'm not a technician but I think it's because when you get the crush counter the game freezes for a little bit and gives you more time to cancel, but without that time freeze your lk dash input is outside the cancelable frames of st hp.
  • koufdellkoufdell Joined: Posts: 350

you have to delay u r input for the dash...the time is the same as the crush counter animation...watch the vid ans u will know it
  • GreenKuraGreenKura Joined: Posts: 22
    koufdell wrote: »

you have to delay u r input for the dash...the time is the same as the crush counter animation...watch the vid ans u will know it

Is the throw input really necessary in that case. Or its just there to help timing the delay for lk dash?
    GreenKura wrote: »
    koufdell wrote: »

Is the throw input really necessary in that case. Or its just there to help timing the delay for lk dash?

no ... he used throw to time it but in a game with a 3 frame buffer timing is not a issue even online so
  • UnomiaUnomia Joined: Posts: 75
    edited February 2016
    Need to think twice about EX command dashing out of the corner with this option select

• ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 599
    edited February 2016
    www.twitch.tv/mr_biscuits/v/50066462

2:58:30 me vs. mr biscuits
    long sets showing how to succeed in the "8-2" dhalsim-fang matchup.
    gt: Jailhouse
  • KungFuKingKungFuKing Joined: Posts: 57
    ataconazi wrote: »
    www.twitch.tv/mr_biscuits/v/50066462

2:58:30 me vs. mr biscuits
    long sets showing how to succeed in the "8-2" dhalsim-fang matchup.

The match at 3:18:40 was absolutely disgusting. Your F.A.N.G really knows how to pressure, geez.
    A couple of my matches:

This FANG was really good. He destroyed me.

• FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    He just seemed like he was doing manny gimmicks and you were letting him get away with some fairly unsafe shit, all while doing your own unsafe shit. The second round he had a few legit setups but like cr.mp into MK trap set (where it hits you) is hella minus (-8) Any time he fireballs in neutral like that just sweep him. He was too close for fireball xx teleport to be legit. Anyway mirrors are hard and you were doing good stuff too, I made the mistake of canceling to lance on block a ton but its bad so don't do it, haha. Thanks for the match videos!
    <<>>
    edited February 2016
    www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/v/50687750 (Around the 1:44:00 mark)

Had a couple of sets against Alex Valle, forgot to post it.

Not a great showing of F.A.N.G or anything. Honestly I was too nervous vs Valle, didn't play as solid as I normally do, but just in case anyone can learn something from it. His super risky playstyle with the EX Reversals is intimidating. Wish I had baited more.
  • Josh PJosh P Joined: Posts: 811
    edited February 2016
    I beat valle on stream with fang...let me find it.

EDIT: www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/v/49767749, 5 hours and 12 min. I hadnt fully incorporated some new ideas into my Fang gameplay, but I still eek it out in the end. Cheers to fang!

Rhyllis wrote: »

Not a great showing of F.A.N.G or anything. Honestly I was too nervous vs Valle, didn't play as solid as I normally do, but just in case anyone can learn something from it. His super risky playstyle with the EX Reversals is intimidating. Wish I had baited more.

Based on what you wrote here, it sounded like you got completely thrashed, but you were definitely holding your own from what I was seeing.
    KungFuKing wrote: »
    Rhyllis wrote: »

Based on what you wrote here, it sounded like you got completely thrashed, but you were definitely holding your own from what I was seeing.

Well, I meant it more that I don't think I really got to show what F.A.N.G could do. I'm glad I got some wins against someone on Valle's level, but didn't feel like I got to represent the character well.

Next time though!

Also nice match against him as well Josh P!
  • jeenyus1jeenyus1 Joined: Posts: 2,075
    edited February 2016
    Kindevu's CWC 2016 maches

You can see his gimmicky LP Upball > EX Dash Mixups get him lots of mileage early on in some matches on account of his opponent's ignorance, until he run's into Mordesai (VEGA) who seems to know the week-1 tech and forces the matchup without being able to utilize any damage from the setup

Kindevu also doing very well against Luffy (Nash) first match because he doesn't know any of FANG's setups but you can see him start to learn learn after the first match...

SF5 Steam ID: AlphaShowStopper
    Fightcade Third Strike: Sagat-Ztier
    edited February 2016
    jeenyus1 wrote: »

You can see his gimmicky LP Upball > EX Dash Mixups get him lots of mileage early on in some matches on account of his opponent's ignorance, until he run's into Mordesai (VEGA) who seems to know the week-1 tech and forces the matchup without being able to utilize any damage from the setup

Kindevu also doing very well against Luffy (Nash) first match because he doesn't know any of FANG's setups but you can see him start to learn learn after the first match...

Kindevu's FANG is incredibly poor.

- I don't think I saw him use his crouching mk once, which is terrible because that's arguably FANG's best normal.
    - He NEVER uses his V-Reversal and just lets his V-Meter sit there for most rounds.
    - Throws out random sweeps every other second and only gets away with it because his opponents have no idea how that it's punishable.
    - Basically dumps meter on random EX-slides that don't work when opponents are being vigilant.
    - Again, how the hell did he make it so far without using his cr.mk once?
    - Heavy punches into light slide as a mix up at multiple points. It's a terrible mix up because it's incredibly minus, basically there to confuse opponents.
    - Very repetitive gameplan in general, which is not ideal for a character as tricky as FANG.
    - Constant cr.mp into lp poison ball at pointblank which can potentially be grabbed by vigilant opponents. You should NOT be doing this as often as Kindevu does.
    - Zero coward crouch kicks too.

I was expecting some high level gameplay, but this was worse than some FANG's I've seen online. If this is all you think FANG is capable of, it's no wonder you think he's the worst character in the game.
    KungFuKing wrote: »
    jeenyus1 wrote: »

Kindevu's FANG is incredibly poor.

- I don't think I saw him use his crouching mk once, which is terrible because that's arguably FANG's best normal.
    - He NEVER uses his V-Reversal and just lets his V-Meter sit there for most rounds.
    - Throws out random sweeps every other second and only gets away with it because his opponents have no idea how that it's punishable.
    - Basically dumps meter on random EX-slides that don't work when opponents are being vigilant.
    - Again, how the hell did he make it so far without using his cr.mk once?
    - Heavy punches into light slide as a mix up at multiple points. It's a terrible mix up because it's incredibly minus, basically there to confuse opponents.
    - Very repetitive gameplan in general, which is not ideal for a character as tricky as FANG.
    - Constant cr.mp into lp poison ball at pointblank which can potentially be grabbed by vigilant opponents. You should NOT be doing this as often as Kindevu does.
    - Zero coward crouch kicks too.

I was expecting some high level gameplay, but this was worse than some FANG's I've seen online. If this is all you think FANG is capable of, it's no wonder you think he's the worst character in the game.

agreed very bad example of playing fang ... but hey the game is still new so
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,743
    Watching archived winter brawl matches right now. Just watched FChamp vs SonicFox. EVEN RYAN KNOWS NASH COUNTERS FANG.
  • Josh PJosh P Joined: Posts: 811
    Watching archived winter brawl matches right now. Just watched FChamp vs SonicFox. EVEN RYAN KNOWS NASH COUNTERS FANG.

That matchup is really aweful, hopefully some new tech is developed that changes the balance. Pressure strings using the get up kicks seems our only hope.

• BronzeKneeCapsBronzeKneeCaps Joined: Posts: 21
    Surprised no one has posted these yet, unless I scrolled and didn't see.

Floe's stream playing FANG and SonicFox playing two sets against Coach Steve, who isn't a push over himself.

So I randomly slid under Bison's super today:

• MasterOkiMasterOki Joined: Posts: 19
    That just made my day