Laura Video Thread

jchensorjchensor Salty ChenJoined: Posts: 1,934 admin
edited March 2016 in Laura
Want to see some good examples of top players using Laura? Want to post your own matches for critique and advice from fellow Forum members? This is the thread for you.

=== NOTE: If you want to become the OP for this thread so you can maintain the top post to aggregate the thread's information here, contact me via the SRK messaging system and I will be able to convert you to become the OP for this thread. ===
Post edited by jchensor on
http://jchensor.blogspot.com

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

(AV art obtained from here: http://meatbun.us/blog/?p=162)

Comments

• Rager Da PrinceRager Da Prince Hiiipower Joined: Posts: 47
    I'll start it off with beta footage. youtu.be/EX4pphz1JUk
  • ForteForte Taking Aim Joined: Posts: 269
    Put together some early combos, resets and the like

• FLOWSTACKSFLOWSTACKS Im always down for a fight Joined: Posts: 5
    Nice vid, Im thinking of using her or chun
  • Rager Da PrinceRager Da Prince Hiiipower Joined: Posts: 47
    edited February 2016
    So I don't look like a jackass, how do post videos and not links?
  • MienaikageMienaikage Mitarashi Dango: Data Devourer Joined: Posts: 263
    edited February 2016
    When everything your opponent does is a mistake, BUTANS 4 DAYZ!

I missed a few combos into elbow here and there, but better confirmation will come with time. All 2LKs into L Bolt were *supposed* to be 5LK but my execution was sadly not on point.

• deaded by pandadeaded by panda Joined: Posts: 306
    So I take it you like using mk.....a lot.
    i suck at video games
  • KassiopiaKassiopia The Koolest Joined: Posts: 7
    I actually made a video today. I wanna get better with Laura.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lECzCxOFrLs
  • YouScaredNoobYouScaredNoob Joined: Posts: 148
    Lmao that st.mk pressure.. just remember its -1 on block..
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,499
    Practiced with my friend
    Yes, I know I jump too much
    I'm working on it lol
  • F3scornF3scorn Joined: Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    Played some matches online with some friends in my area.

• BiGViCBiGViC Joined: Posts: 21
    I have been playing mostly offline. Local tournaments and events.

However got a chance to play online this weekend. Weekend Warrior. It was fun. Loving Laura please let me know what you guys think I should improve on. I know I must maximize damage when I punish. AA game is pretty decent which gets me the knockdown. Really liking the character coming from a previous Makoto/E.Ryu main.

Day One Online Ranked. Excuse the Mic echo got it fixed for day two.

Day Two Online Ranked. Higher Bitrate, Fixed Mic.

"Loyalty To The End"

This is me vsing a VERY strong Karin.

Believe me.. this dude is known as the second best SF player in Australia..

Either way I gave him hell with my Laura and just wanted critics and praise.

What do you guys think? What can I improve on?
  • elstobelstob Joined: Posts: 145
    Video is private.
    Sorry bro now give it a go
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 756
    I played him as well, he's a good karin
    Yeah haha he def is strong which is why I went nuts and did things he didnt expect.

Have you run into shang yet?
    Mmm no, I don't think so
  • AlkipotAlkipot Purse first, ass last Joined: Posts: 1,801
    Got a double perfect on a Vega... Probably the first and last time it happens:

SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible SFV/Injustice2 play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
  • KingFecklessKingFeckless Joined: Posts: 21
    Woah, that MK abuse at the end. My takeaway from that video was that MP,cr.MP(CH),LPElbow string you did on wake-up. I should try something like that more often.
  • Phoenix KnightPhoenix Knight Joined: Posts: 216
    edited February 2016

Against theMochaLatte (Great gold player in the top 300!) so this match should be educational for everyone as far as what Ken's pressure can do to Laura.

Are there any solid Laura players to look out for?
    Gamertag XBL: Phoenix00Knight
    youtube.com/user/Phoenix00Knight
    I like jibbo's playstyle
  • HiyaMayaHiyaMaya Joined: Posts: 571
    Yeah Jibbo and Vryu are my favourites right now.
  • Jiraiya-Sama2390Jiraiya-Sama2390 Joined: Posts: 89
    edited February 2016
    Does anyone have vids of how to deal with Birdie?
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,103
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    that first game perfectly sums up my matches againt chun...
  • ShingaruShingaru Joined: Posts: 15
    edited February 2016
    Not exactly high level play but here's mine. I struggled real hard in the 1st week of the games release coz of the tech from SF4 became a bad habit for me in this game. Surprisingly enough, this match didn't have much lag even though the guys flag is Japan.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2mjeDiRQem4
    Post edited by Shingaru on
  • Bebop_Bebop_ Joined: Posts: 2
    I've made a handful of tutorials and random tech videos over on my channel. I recommend these to people picking Laura up, but you guys might find some new stuff in them as well.

Combo Guide

Mixups and Resets

• ShinobiBrownShinobiBrown Joined: Posts: 583
    jiBbo uploaded his run in with GentlemanThief (repping R.Mika) on YT. One of the best American VF5:FS players is on that SFV grind and repping R.Mika (just like Fuudo). Really good match and jiBbo does a match analysis afterward.

• Phoenix KnightPhoenix Knight Joined: Posts: 216
    edited March 2016
    This video should be staple viewing for every Laura player who's trying to utilize her the best ways possible. It's easy to listen to and the creator of the vid has ACTUAL examples of Laura fundamentals during vs and ranked matches. It's gold.

Gamertag XBL: Phoenix00Knight
    youtube.com/user/Phoenix00Knight
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    Fought a pretty decent Vega. I know blocked fireball from up close is unsafe but I'm trying to figure out at the moment what block strings to do so the fireball doesn't hit right away I a real match. I guess you can say it hits meaty so you are at an advantage and counter hit set ups.
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
  • noosetesternoosetester Joined: Posts: 856
    You really shouldn't let him get away with stance switches like that. st.HP xx SC is -2 or -3 i think. You shouldn't worry about command grabs none the less.
    You really shouldn't let him get away with stance switches like that. st.HP xx SC is -2 or -3 i think. You shouldn't worry about command grabs none the less.

The problem is that it's hard to tell if he is doing stance switch or ASE. If you commit to trying to check him too early after s.HP then you're gonna eat lp ASE and then he gets pressure afterwards.
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691

FT10 against Moons M. Bison.
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    HiyaMaya wrote: »

The problem is that it's hard to tell if he is doing stance switch or ASE. If you commit to trying to check him too early after s.HP then you're gonna eat lp ASE and then he gets pressure afterwards.

I wasn't to sure if it was safe or not because it happens so fas. I did later on contest it. What is ASE?
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
    Aurora Spin Edge, his qcbP with claw on. Has the low, medium and high versions that all move him backwards.
  • vtrickzvvtrickzv Joined: Posts: 10
    With lse I wonder how big of a frame trap that is, you could try to delay a crouching light 1 or 2 frames after s hp recovery and it should still beat out any medium or slower normal or at the worst trade with a light since he's -2 on claw switch. I think his only 3 frame normal without claw is s lk, not sure how often they go for that. Probably hard to reliably time this though?
  • TinshiiiTinshiii Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys i was working on this let me know what you guys think? :D

tips very appreciated guys
    I know I need to work on teching throws

• elstobelstob Joined: Posts: 145
    edited March 2016
    elstob wrote: »

I already know playing against a vega like that
    I would pull my hair out
    he's so fucking fast lol
    that bold ass two ex grab in a row tho
    thanks for the vid
    will be studying today
    I don't understand how he won cwc. His neutral game consists exclusively of jump ins and ex elbows. He tries to get away with murder at every turn.
  • MPGame99MPGame99 Joined: Posts: 5

This is a video of me playing a set earlier today. Any advice is appreciated.
  • Dizz_88Dizz_88 Joined: Posts: 173
    MPGame99 wrote: »

Your rushdown game needs some improvement. :o
    It looks super autopiloty at times. 10 minutes in and you're still doing charged fireballs even after he's shown that he'll punish you every time. In the corner, you keep going for a string where the fireball hits on the first frame and he punishes you for it. You don't confirm any counterhit. You whiff a million buttons, which is alright, it's sort of a guess you have to make with Laura, but he barely does anything in the neutral so you do it based on nothing. You go for way too many overheads. You don't tailor your offense to his defense. Any time you do a string that puts you at a range equivalent to that of st.MP, cr.MP he tries to walk back but you didn't take advantage of it.

• MPGame99MPGame99 Joined: Posts: 5
    Thanks for the advice, this is the first SF game I'm taking seriously so I keep trying to do things that would work in other fighting games and it makes me look like an idiot when I play. There are somethings that I do need to improve on in every FG like being less autopiloty and adapting to my opponent much more quickly.
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD KC SRK Supreme Godking Joined: Posts: 2,158
    Thanks for the advice, this is the first SF game I'm taking seriously so I keep trying to do things that would work in other fighting games and it makes me look like an idiot when I play. There are somethings that I do need to improve on in every FG like being less autopiloty and adapting to my opponent much more quickly.

Hello my Skullgirls brethren!
  • Iz-GOodIz-GOod Joined: Posts: 82
    Here's a nice set of Laura vs. Ken:

• Iz-GOodIz-GOod Joined: Posts: 82
    Wolfkrone (Laura) Vs Snake Eyez (Zangief)
  • TRUNKSZ_TRUNKSZ_ Blocking is For Scrubs Joined: Posts: 62
    edited March 2016
    Hey guys this is my first ever upload of me playing. I wanted to get some pointers on my game. Things I did right and wrong..things I need to improve on etc. So I decided to upload it. I was using the PSN Share Factory app. Still getting used to it and I apologize for the beginning where it starts off mid match.

There were some random HP Bolt's. Didn't mean to do them except that time he jump after I did s.HP around the 5 minute mark. We played a match before which when I did s.HP into v skill dash off a mix up in V trigger he jumped so I predicted he'll do it again in the same setup.

Post edited by TRUNKSZ_ on
    PSN:TRUNKSZ-

CFN:TRUNKS-

SFV: Laura

Lmao this was hillarious to watch.. that poor Karin.

However that Karin was pretty shit lol. You play pretty autopilot and kept doing very unsafe things like pressing buttons after a negative normal and stuff.. if that Karin knew and it looked like he was sort of learning he would've smashed you with big damage..

You have to be aware of the match IMO. React to counter hits and you will get more out of Lauras damage. Know your positioning and know when to back off.. you ate heaps of ex DP.. that would've been a sexy CC combo.