Nash Q&A Thread

13»

Comments

• Krazysh0tKrazysh0t Punch to the face! Joined: Posts: 285
    mrk wrote: »
    In this video, Infiltration describes his s.mp xx mk SS xx CA whiff punish as an option select. Is he referring to the whole string as an option select or was it only the s.mp xx mk ss as the OS and using it to confirm for the CA on reaction? If the former, how is he doing it?

I'm having a hard time using anything but c.mp, s.mp xx mk SS and lk->mk, s.lp xx lk SS to hit confirm in CA and would like to pick up some other options to hit confirm into CA if possible.

c.lp, c.lp xx l.SS xx CA
    c.lk, c.lp xx l.SS xx CA
    s.lp > s.mp xx m.SS xx CA
    c.mp xx CA
    s.mp xx CA

Heck you could always do s.mp xx m.SS xx CA as a punish for moves that push you back too far to add a second normal before the sonic scythe. It's what Infiltration was getting at with OS. As DD_ explained, you buffer in the inputs as you hit the s.mp and only if your opponent moves forward to be hit will the other moves come out.
    Best peripheral for a fighting game? A 12 pack
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 443
    Common punishes for nash's v-reversal? Getting cross up bodied. Currently just trying to block. Recommend a punish for ryu please?
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • SmokedOutNinjasSmokedOutNinjas Joined: Posts: 24
    What's are Nash's safe jump set ups?
  • slappyslappy a grapplin' bud Joined: Posts: 268
    Back MK into LP Tragedy is incredibly awkward for me.

Should I be using shortcuts like [b+mk], [down-towards], [down-towards + lp]

Or just stfu and practice the literal inputs until I can do it right?
  • tooltool Joined: Posts: 40
    edited April 2016
    i had same problem on hitbox and my answer is just practice it 30min per day couple of days. Now i'm doing it with no shortcuts just 626 input. Just start quick inputing z motion as fast as you can after bmk.
  • qballerqballer Handsome fighters never lose a battle. Joined: Posts: 19
    Dumb question, but is his CA unblock able??
  • truintruin Joined: Posts: 6
    qballer wrote: »
    Dumb question, but is his CA unblock able??

You can block his CA
  • truintruin Joined: Posts: 6
    This probably belongs to some common SFV Q&A thread but when can a special cancel actually happen frame wise? (Given that a move is special cancellable)
    More specifically is the cancel time
    1) remaining active frames after hit
    2) remaining active frames + recovery frames after hit
    3) recovery frames

I've never given any thought for this and quick googling didn't yield satisfying results
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,358
    Do I have to sit there like an idiot waiting for Ryu to finish his strong strong frame trap every time or what?
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • comebragascomebragas Joined: Posts: 103
    edited May 2016
    No, they souldn't even been able to get close to you to get a frametrap. You are Nash, you have the best mobility in the game along with the best fireball. Use them
    Post edited by comebragas on
  • slappyslappy a grapplin' bud Joined: Posts: 268
    What do you think is the best continued pressure after jabbing Dhalsim out of a instant air teleport?

crMp as he hits the ground > sonic boom > fHk?
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,358
    comebragas wrote: »
    No, they souldn't even been able to get close to you to get a frametrap. You are Nash, you have the best mobility in the game along with the best fireball. Use them

IDK about best. Guile's is ridiculous. But yeah I hear you on that not being even supposed to be near me. This is my first non-shoto so it's not easy eating out here at the moment.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • GroundedSFGroundedSF Joined: Posts: 632
    Biolink wrote: »
    Do I have to sit there like an idiot waiting for Ryu to finish his strong strong frame trap every time or what?

If Ryu makes you block st.mp and is still in range for st.mp then it should be a 4 frame trap with medium priority, meaning you can't interrupt with any normal. Since there is a gap you can gamble on VT or super, but that can be risky/wasteful. V-reversal is your best bet if you want to escape the pressure. If you can wait it out, take note of what the Ryu player tends to do after the string. st.mp is only +1 on block so stuff like st.mp > st.mp > dash in or st.mp > st.mp > solar plexus can easily be interrupted. Pretty sure st.mp > st.mp > cr.mk won't reach unless you press a button, so you may be free to backdash/jump away.
  • MesenkomahaMesenkomaha Joined: Posts: 580
    What is Nash's worst matchup and why?
  • HatsonHatson Joined: Posts: 51
    edited May 2016
    What is Nash's worst matchup and why?

Characters that can apply consistent high pressure / knockdowns. And especially if that character has better / equal strength of buttons in the neutral game.
    Examples: Karin, Necalli, R. Mika, Chun-Li, Ken, Cammy.
    Claw, Dictator, and even Ryu and Laura can also fit in there.

That said, Nash doesn't have any "really bad" matchups. At worst a few of those MUs could be argued to be 6-4 or 5.5-4.5.

I'd say the hardest ones are: Chun-Li, Karin, Necalli.
    However R. Mika is fucking terrifying if you miss and anti-air once / she bodyslams to avoid it and gets in. She is a nightmare to deal with up close.
  • HatsonHatson Joined: Posts: 51
    edited May 2016
    Edit: oops double post

• howyoudoin69howyoudoin69 Joined: Posts: 61
    Nash's worst matchup right now feels like Guile. Hes the only character in the game that can out-zone Nash and he has terrific AA and CCs.

Nash kind of has to treat Guile how other characters treat Nash ie knock him down and go in.
    Is neutral jumping the best way to escape Nash's v-reversal?
    My Mains:
  • VisaithVisaith Joined: Posts: 27
    ParryThis wrote: »

Escape Nash V Reversal? But he doesnt do anything to you.
    Fall seven times, stand up eight.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,661
    I'm still struggling hard agains Cammy :|
    Visaith wrote: »

Sorry, meant v trigger attack. I'm having great difficulty dealing with the aerial ones. Tips to beat it?
    My Mains:
  • shadokenshadoken Joined: Posts: 564

Sorry, meant v trigger attack. I'm having great difficulty dealing with the aerial ones. Tips to beat it?[/quote]

Easiest way to avoid the mixup is just Jump away , Yup. The minute you see it. If you were already sticking out a normal already though , then you might get punished if the recovery is too long.

If you have a good St.JAB AA , you can use that as well. Another good option is to instantly do your own V-Trigger for the Freeze frame and react.
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    Just about every character can crush counter his b or f VT. Some characters, like Ken, can just do cr.hp, doesn't matter which direction VT Nash used. It all depends on how quickly you can react.

"Foolish Worm"
  • af0af0 Joined: Posts: 1,113
    Surprised how inactive the Nash discussions are here. Been playing him for almost a week now and I've come across a problem I don't really have a solution to.

Post knockdown, I obviously dash forward and get my meaty. But I feel it's sometimes too easy to stand block + walk back out of pressure against Nash. For example, my opponent crouch blocks for a split second on wake up..and then walks back. They get away far enough to be out of range for throw. Far enough to be out of range of cr.LK combo (maybe I can get 1 cr.lk to hit and that's it).

I know I can sweep or use cr.MK - but those aren't really appealing options cos of risk or lack of damage.

Just to be clear, if I start my pressure with cr.LK they would still be crouch blocking right at the start...and then walk back.

I could throw but..that gets teched a lot.
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    Yea Nash's walk speed is bad so what you're describing is hard to get around. Just have to get more crearive. Do a few throws in a row, to get them really really teching, and throw in a st. Hp in there to CC it. That should get them to tech less.

Also the occasional sweep will make them second guess always walking back. It might get blown up but it conditions them to crouch block more.

"Foolish Worm"
  • lostintranslationlostintranslation Joined: Posts: 22
    af0 wrote: »
    Surprised how inactive the Nash discussions are here. Been playing him for almost a week now and I've come across a problem I don't really have a solution to.

Post knockdown, I obviously dash forward and get my meaty. But I feel it's sometimes too easy to stand block + walk back out of pressure against Nash. For example, my opponent crouch blocks for a split second on wake up..and then walks back. They get away far enough to be out of range for throw. Far enough to be out of range of cr.LK combo (maybe I can get 1 cr.lk to hit and that's it).

I know I can sweep or use cr.MK - but those aren't really appealing options cos of risk or lack of damage.

Just to be clear, if I start my pressure with cr.LK they would still be crouch blocking right at the start...and then walk back.

I could throw but..that gets teched a lot.

If your cr.lk counter hits then you can link st.mp/cr.mp.

On block you should still be able to connect a st.mp xx boom but there's a 5 frame gap iirc so be careful.
  • WikumWikum Joined: Posts: 3,021
    Been messing with Nash in training mode and I've realised that one of my favourite block strings to use is st.lk, cr.mp, bk.mk, boom. My issue is that when I try to use this in certain situations, the bk.mk will whiff because I haven't started the block string close enough to my opponent. I've been purposefully not punishing sweeps, then dashing forward and now I'm in the right space. What other setups are there to get close enough?
  • AlegrettoAlegretto The King of Breakfast. Joined: Posts: 414
    edited April 5
    Do we have any data on Nash's teleports? I'm looking for frame data on his teleports both v-reversal and v-triggers, and I haven't been able to find it yet, tho I remember having seen it at some point somewhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

EDIT: Ah, V-Frames has some, it turns out. According to it, V-reversal has 11f recovery and is invincible after frame 2, and V-Trigger is 10f recovery and is also invincible after frame 2. No info on startup, if any, or on differentials, if any, between freeze and actual startup/recovery. I imagine the 11f is the full length in frames of the teleport after those factors are taken into account (meaning, it's based off raw game footage and calculated as a standard move)?
    MBAA: C-Ryougi/H-Loa

;_; it's been so long since I've played MBAA
  • Vincient WiseVincient Wise VinSapient Joined: Posts: 51
    edited April 21
    So I have been trying my best to play Nash offensively this season, but I ran into a wall I can't seem to pass. How are you guys opening people up with nash? I ran into a good necalli who just holds downback on my whole pressure with frametraps, and stand against my overheads 80 percent of the time. When I dash up, he jab punishes, and all my zoning with booms are stopped by seismos. With Nash 's poor walk speed I could never threaten with grabs. Its not just necalli, I notice alot of people who know the matchup just down blocks me. Using moonsaults? Hahahahahah please. Any tips or help?
  • krain11krain11 Joined: Posts: 2
    So I have been trying my best to play Nash offensively this season, but I ran into a wall I can't seem to pass. How are you guys opening people up with nash? I ran into a good necalli who just holds downback on my whole pressure with frametraps, and stand against my overheads 80 percent of the time. When I dash up, he jab punishes, and all my zoning with booms are stopped by seismos. With Nash 's poor walk speed I could never threaten with grabs. Its not just necalli, I notice alot of people who know the matchup just down blocks me. Using moonsaults? Hahahahahah please. Any tips or help?

Hi, I just a Super Gold Nash, so i don't know if it will help you... I usually do booms then dash towards followed by grab, b.mk, cr.lk, or boom dash then back down. This way the enemy gets confused. if he jumps, i do ex-s.scythe. To avoid being jabbed while getting in, i risk using f.mk, then cr.lk. or just V-trigger to the back to get a little closer. I teleport to different areas to keep him confused. Reaction and defense should be on point to avoid penalty. When i stop attacking, things get hard and i have to start again.
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 646
    Which characters do you want to rushdown? Which character you want to zone? Whuch characters you can go either way?
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
  • InQxInQx Joined: Posts: 79
    How to punish ex bullhead as nash in 2.5? Its -5 now and I cant figure out a punish for it.
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,251
    InQx wrote: »
    How to punish ex bullhead as nash in 2.5? Its -5 now and I cant figure out a punish for it.

Damn you, the Nash forums where 2 days short of a full month of inactivity, I had a cake prepared and all. Now the grind starts again.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    SFV: Roxanne (soon)
  • lostintranslationlostintranslation Joined: Posts: 22
    So has it been a month yet?
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,157
    anybody got good strategies against that stupid bitch Mika? i do the keep away thing and just zone and AA but so much of it is guessing. she gets in once and it can be all over with her brain-dead autopilot mix ups.

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • KazDa973KazDa973 Joined: Posts: 348
    With Mika pay attention to there strings. If they tick throw alot try to either nj.or backdash (you should be abel to make a decent guess after a match or 2). Dont let her charge drop kick and she does try to smack her out of it the uncharged is negative. Othere than that maintain decent neutral and punish game.
13»